• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• communist

• Pasquale for King

• maroonlegions

• Chuck Berry

Pasquale for King

If we can win the league or relegate them there might be a few who want to go to Kirkcaldy on the last day of the season. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

Well we now have our targets.

2 x Raith Rovers

2 x Dunfermline

2 x Arbroath

2 x Morton

1 x Ayr United

1 x Dundee

1 x Alloa

1 x QoS

Great post, Inverness won’t know what’s hit it in February 😃

Chuck Berry
34 minutes ago, BerraBelieveit said:

Hearts have a core away fan base of 1,000 I would say - people who will go to 90%+ of away games. I would be surprised if more than half of that group boycott Hearts away games.

For it to be successful, the club would need to not accept tickets. If there are tickets on sale, fans will buy them.

I'm in the above group and I am disgusted at the whole thing but I will still go home and away. I have never once attended a Hearts fixture away from home & thought "the £25 is going to _________". I pay my money to go and support the team on the park. That will not change.

I find it quite depressing that for games like Morton, Ayr, Dunfermline away we would've took thousands and now could be lucky to break 1,000.

Your choice, but now you know that your £25 to Raith or Ayr United will have their Chairman cackling away counting their winnings from mug Jambo punters.

Chuck Berry
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Pity, but typical, that it's only one game.

Chuck Berry

Last game of season away at Starks.   If that game relegates them maybe we could suspend the boycott  😂

BerraBelieveit
2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Your choice, but now you know that your £25 to Raith or Ayr United will have their Chairman cackling away counting their winnings from mug Jambo punters.

Has he not done that every other time we have went to Raith?

1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

Last game of season away at Starks.   If that game relegates them maybe we could suspend the boycott  😂

That’s a given 😂🇱🇻🇱🇻

38 minutes ago, BerraBelieveit said:

Hearts have a core away fan base of 1,000 I would say - people who will go to 90%+ of away games. I would be surprised if more than half of that group boycott Hearts away games.

For it to be successful, the club would need to not accept tickets. If there are tickets on sale, fans will buy them.

I'm in the above group and I am disgusted at the whole thing but I will still go home and away. I have never once attended a Hearts fixture away from home & thought "the £25 is going to _________". I pay my money to go and support the team on the park. That will not change.

I find it quite depressing that for games like Morton, Ayr, Dunfermline away we would've took thousands and now could be lucky to break 1,000.

I can speak on behalf of four of your 1,000 or so and we won’t be going anywhere other than Inverness next season 

11 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

This

There’s 6 of our group who will not be attending any games other than home and ICT

so there’s 6 from the 1000

Berra than you

Abroath and Morton voted for recon, but were in the initial 81%? Do I have that right? 

Edited by Berra than you

joondalupjambo
18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Most likely be in another lockdown😃

bean counter
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Already booked my hotel

4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

There’s 6 of our group who will not be attending any games other than home and ICT

so there’s 6 from the 1000

Another 3 here

Chuck Berry
16 minutes ago, BerraBelieveit said:

Has he not done that every other time we have went to Raith?

They hadn't played their part in shafting us at the point.

Edited by Chuck Berry

24 minutes ago, Rooster20 said:

Honestly if people want to go I understand that, if people want to boycott I also understand that. Both groups are still Hearts supporters and I think their choices should be respected.

Pretty much where I am at.

I'd like to see us sustain a decent boycott but wouldn't hold anything against those who go.

That said I think although those who do go will be supporting the team, they'll be petting down other Hearts fans.

16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I can speak on behalf of four of your 1,000 or so and we won’t be going anywhere other than Inverness next season 

Likewise. Our group of 4, due to work patterns, only get away 3-4 times a season and we make a day of it, not only contributing to the host club but also spending a fair bit of money in their town. We’ll not be going to any blacklisted games this season and probably next. Our days out will be in Hearts stadium and around there spending our maroon pounds

BerraBelieveit

I honestly think the attitude of folk is ludicrous.

Previously you attended a Hearts away game and were happy to pay £25+ for the pleasure. Did you buy your ticket and think – that’s really nice that a fellow club have got my ticket money and I hope they spend it wisely and I wish them well? No, you did not. Every single one of these clubs owners sat in the stand before all this thinking “superb, look at that away end – money right in our pockets.” You just seem to have all woke up now and are taking the huff that this is the case.

I did not like another fellow Scottish club pre Covid-19, I hated a few which has grown into an almighty list. I’m not going to refuse paying my ticket because it’s going to a club I hate. I’m paying £25 for the pleasure of watching Hearts steamroll them and send all their fans home crying that big bad Hearts hammered them.

Hearts away to Ayr. I’ve to not go because I am in a huff that my ticket money is keeping them afloat. These clubs do not need our money to survive. Hearts not taking a big travelling support is not going to kill any clubs.

I’m absolutely beyond fed up and annoyed at Scottish football and most of its’ clubs. I’m 30 though, not 6 so I will not grudge paying £25 to watch Hearts regardless of who they are playing and what will be done with my money. In 10 years you will not have the same stance and will start attending away again.

The Hearts away end will not empty as long as the clubs accept tickets. It will also not just be forty folk. We will not take thousands but will easily take hundreds.

And bin your – oh check you out super fan. Maybe just giving a bit of reality that your getting everyone to boycott is a nonstarter.

Lucille's Thirsty

I tell you what even if 100 of us turn up at Dundee, Raith and the likes, I still won’t be happy, it’s of course free will but that’s still over a grand going to these clubs, I want the whole “designated” stands to be completely empty. 

Dagger Is Back
On 28/07/2020 at 09:50, BobbyCox said:

Hurting Scottish football indirectly hurts Hearts in the end. We as a country need to strengthen our game, not tear it apart.

The game has been in dire need of emergency surgery for decades, and given the percentage of people per head of population who pay good money to follow their clubs, it should be in a far healthier position than is, and the fans are being short changed both domestically and internationally

Those who run our game have had ample opportunity to drive change but sadly very few of them either have experience of the 'customer journey,' or have been so seduced by all the trappings that a nice Boardroom lunch and a padded seat for their fat arses brings, that they've forgotten their roots and upbringing. In many cases they also lack basic business acumen and disastrously in this day and age, treat their customers as some kind of mobiel cash machine 

Vlad tried to push change but the cockroaches all scuttled under their rocks to avoid any potential nuclear fallout.

In 2014 they even had the brass balls to invite Barry Hearn to one of their cosy wee get togethers, before no doubt sampling fine cuisine and wines. Apparently they laughed when Hearn said he didn't know anything about Scottish football and that judging by the latest set of financial accounts, either did they. Oh ho they laughed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30324888

Doncaster who has been at the helm for 7 years and in those 7 years has taken in the region of £2.5M from our game, decided that a visit to the dentist for root canal treatment was more important. His performance since his appointment show that he would have been well advised to attend and listen to what BH had to say - he may well have learned something. In saying that Mr Smug, Mr Teflon, whatever you want to call him  would probably have sat and sniggered away like the rest, looking at his expensive watch and wondering when the smoked salmon and cucumber canapes would be served.

Has the well being of our game improved since then? Not in my eyes. Do fans still turn out in their thousands every week throwing hard earned money at their favorites? Yes. In 2019 Scotland once again came top of the fans per head of capita league tables in Europe.

Unbelievable loyalty from a success starved nation where one club has now won 8.75 titles in a row

So, back to your point. A boycott from Hearts fans will indeed hurt Scottish football, I sincerely hope it does. Will it hurt Hearts, I don't think so. We should see an increase in regular and one off pledges to the FOH. Beambacks where available will be sold out I'm sure, as Jambos do what we always do, back our club

We've tried to push change and the cockroaches have scuttled off when the heat got too hot. If THEY want change then yellow bellied snakes like Cormack and Clark can bloody well grab that particular thorn and drive it themselves

If Hearts fans hurting Scottish football nudges us along the road to change then that is fine by me, and by the sounds of it, lots of others

The medicine may not be to their liking but some are about to receive very large dollops of it.

Hope it makes them @@@@ing choke

1 minute ago, BerraBelieveit said:

Previously you attended a Hearts away game and were happy to pay £25+ for the pleasure. Did you buy your ticket and think – that’s really nice that a fellow club have got my ticket money and I hope they spend it wisely and I wish them well? No, you did not. Every single one of these clubs owners sat in the stand before all this thinking “superb, look at that away end – money right in our pockets.” You just seem to have all woke up now and are taking the huff that this is the case.

I did not like another fellow Scottish club pre Covid-19, I hated a few which has grown into an almighty list. I’m not going to refuse paying my ticket because it’s going to a club I hate. I’m paying £25 for the pleasure of watching Hearts steamroll them and send all their fans home crying that big bad Hearts hammered them.

Hearts away to Ayr. I’ve to not go because I am in a huff that my ticket money is keeping them afloat. These clubs do not need our money to survive. Hearts not taking a big travelling support is not going to kill any clubs.

I’m absolutely beyond fed up and annoyed at Scottish football and most of its’ clubs. I’m 30 though, not 6 so I will not grudge paying £25 to watch Hearts regardless of who they are playing and what will be done with my money. In 10 years you will not have the same stance and will start attending away again.

The Hearts away end will not empty as long as the clubs accept tickets. It will also not just be forty folk. We will not take thousands but will easily take hundreds.

And bin your – oh check you out super fan. Maybe just giving a bit of reality that your getting everyone to boycott is a nonstarter.

These teams have cost us 4 or 5 million £s. Perhaps as high as 8 million if you go by the court case. It's time to even the playing field. It's up to you if you want to attend or not, whatever, but surely you can understand why many won't?

Lucille's Thirsty
1 minute ago, BerraBelieveit said:

Mate the irony of you’re first sentence.

any hearts man worth there salt will still be disgusted with rage, the whole reason we are in the second tier is because those chairman were seeing the pound signs and not the immoral actions they were taking which had consequences to our club, these chairman weren’t caring about redundancies at Hearts.

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, BerraBelieveit said:

This season its about giving the money I would spend on tickets for an adult and 2 kids to Hearts instead.

Our club is facing a huge financial hit as a result of our expulsion, this is about offsetting that loss by not giving our cash to the clubs that screwed us over.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Abroath and Morton voted for recon, but were in the initial 81%? Do I have that right? 

We only their word for that, the breakdown of ego voted for reconstruction hasn’t been released.

Gordon Ramsay
7 minutes ago, BerraBelieveit said:

As the club has already stated expelling us from the Premier League has serious financial consequences. 

This season the club needs our money more than ever. Give your money to the club rather than paying for an away ticket. 

The players will do just fine on their own at these grounds. Even if fans are allowed back in most of these shitty wee clubs have awful attendances anyway. Nowhere near enough to intimidate our players and stop their club taking a maroon pounding. 

Don't give them anything. They deserve nothing from Hearts other than our players turning up and obliterating them. 

BerraBelieveit
6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

These teams have cost us 4 or 5 million £s. Perhaps as high as 8 million if you go by the court case. It's time to even the playing field. It's up to you if you want to attend or not, whatever, but surely you can understand why many won't?

2,000+ Hearts fans boycotting going to an away game twice a season is not making the playing field more even.

It's arguably swaying it more in their favor with a completely minimum sound from the away end.

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, bean counter said:

Already booked my hotel

I’m thinking about that 😃

Just now, BerraBelieveit said:

2,000+ Hearts fans boycotting going to an away game twice a season is not making the playing field more even.

It's arguably swaying it more in their favor with a completely minimum sound from the away end.

We should be beating those teams regardless.

Are you of the opinion that we should put this whole thing behind us?

Berra than you
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

We only their word for that, the breakdown of ego voted for reconstruction hasn’t been released.

Yeah very true. I feel for the smaller clubs a bit, with the fact Doncaster linked that first vote with the cash being released. Second vote on recon for me was a chance to see who really believes in sporting integrity. For example, if Arbroath did vote for reconstruction, shows they only voted us down initially so they could get their money. However as you point out, we will never know. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Berra than you said:

Yeah very true. I feel for the smaller clubs a bit, with the fact Doncaster linked that first vote with the cash being released. Second vote on recon for me was a chance to see who really believes in sporting integrity. For example, if Arbroath did vote for reconstruction, shows they only voted us down initially so they could get their money. However as you point out, we will never know. 

Of the 7 that also voted No ICT/East Fife and Edinburgh City needed the cash too but voted with integrity for what was right without any gain. 

4 minutes ago, BerraBelieveit said:

So when games are BCD, it's completely level then?

Meh.

If the team really needs 2000+ fans to make sure they beat the likes of Alloa or Raith away then we are truly screwed.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, BerraBelieveit said:

Doesn’t seem to have affected the teams we’ve watched play behind closed doors recently, or the teams that have outplayed us and beat us at Tynie these last few years. 

baxterd1974
5 minutes ago, BerraBelieveit said:

You are failing to understand the finances of small clubs, in fact most clubs in Scotland.  Gate receipts are everything and the 3rd biggest travelling support in Scotland is a massive boost.

As people have said, no criticism of those who choose to go and you should reign your neck in and afford the some courtesy to those who wish to boycott! 

BerraBelieveit
5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

We should be beating those teams regardless.

Are you of the opinion that we should put this whole thing behind us?

I'm the opinion that the anger and frustration over the whole thing should be channeled into getting behind the team home and away and being more vocal than ever.

Pasquale for King

You want to give ***** like this your money, are you off your head?

Let’s organise a welcome party for them and Nelms.

A96CA835-7A66-4B86-98DD-D3B885086CAB.jpeg

Berra than you
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Of the 7 that also voted No ICT/East Fife and Edinburgh City needed the cash too but voted with integrity for what was right without any gain. 

Yeah I'm aware of that. I'm just saying I can see why some clubs might have voted that way initially, whilst disagreeing with the relegations. Those clubs that voted all the way through with sporting integrity can hold their heads high.

18Jambo_dave74
3 minutes ago, Boris said:

So when games are BCD, it's completely level then?

Meh.

If the team really needs 2000+ fans to make sure they beat the likes of Alloa or Raith away then we are truly screwed.

Spot on. 

If it wasn't for the pandemic then there's a good chance the supporters would have chased this lot of chancers out of Gorgie. As low as my opinion is of the current crop (and it is very low) I'm sure they are capable of beating Morton, Alloa, Raith etc without 2,000+ Hearts fans in attendance. 

Lets face it, plenty turned up to back them last season and it didn't make a blind bit of difference. The players owe us big time, not the other way round. 

3 minutes ago, BerraBelieveit said:

I'm the opinion that the anger and frustration over the whole thing should be channeled into getting behind the team home and away and being more vocal than ever.

That should be the case all of the time. You are suggesting we carry on as normal. 

Gordon Ramsay
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

🐍

Hopefully they have enough money to stay afloat til October 17th for their maroon pounding. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

🐍

Hopefully they have enough money to stay afloat til October 17th for their maroon pounding. 

On their bus as it arrives hopefully 

5 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

If anyone needed any motivation not to go to Dunfermline.... 

Screenshot_20200729_145804_com.facebook.katana.jpg

What? Because some random posted a comment on FB?

Lucille's Thirsty
16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I mean was the “relegated” part necessary, I hope they go bust, horrible little club. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

What? Because some random posted a comment on FB?

Maybe because he’s banking on two pay days, they’re certainly not thinking they will compete with us for the title 😂😆🤪.

41 minutes ago, BerraBelieveit said:

This makes so much sense ... a breath of fresh air!

better_call_saul
30 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

You're missing the point that Chairmen have been on Sportsound and all have made it clear that the release of funds had no bearing on their decision to call the league.

They all noted that as the payments are made throughout the season, the final payment is a small % of what is paid in full.

They called the season because of fag packet sums as they knew that Hearts would have a big travelling support in the Championship and the likes of Falkirk and Patrick would do the same in League 1.

I for one shall not be taken for a mug. I genuinely hope, for this season at least, supporters can see the bigger picture with what has happened and the chat of 'but I always go to games, what difference will it make', will be muted.

Edited by better_call_saul

1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

"We're going up, you're going down, we're gonna wreck your *** ing town". 

Back to the 70s. 😄

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, better_call_saul said:

You're missing the point that Chairmen have been on Sportsound and all have made it clear that the release of funds had no bearing on their decision to call the league.

They all noted that as the payments are made throughout the season, the final payment is a small % of what is paid in full.

The called the season out of fag packet sums as they knew that Hearts would have a big travelling support in the Championship and the likes of Falkirk and Patrick would do the same in League 1.

I for one shall not be taken for a mug. I genuinely hope, for this season at least, they can see the bigger picture with what has happened and the chat of 'but I always go to games, what difference will it make', will be muted.

I'm not missing the point, I've heard them all saying that. I don't think it's a one shoe fits all scenario though, some clubs will genuinely have needed that cash. For what it's worth I'm limiting my games away from tynecastle to Inverness and the Scottish cup semi and hopefully final this season. I just wanted to know what the stance of the two clubs were that I mentioned in my original post, as I did think they were positive about recon.