Boycott Away Grounds.

maroonlegions

9 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Reports that fans will be allowed, are in the media, But I have said before, fans will be back before Christmas as Celtic will be in deep financial trouble if they can't get fans in. They are desperate for fans to be allowed for their bigot fest and Lawwell is in contact with the Scottish Government behind the backs of the GFA so it's clear they will be in the vanguard of any experiment. Far better to allow smaller clubs who don't have a huge fan base to be the ones who trial it.

Ok thanks.  I haven't seen the reports you mention. Financial trouble for those bigots appeals to by the way.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• communist

• Pasquale for King

• maroonlegions

• Chuck Berry

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

"With money tight at the club due to the coronavirus shutdown, Dundee have the right to feel aggrieved they will have to go with one less home game than others as well as only having one big pay day from a sizeable Hearts travelling support."

Sizeable Hearts travelling support???? What planet are these arseholes on? 😂😂😂😂😂

9 minutes ago, Jumper said:

Ok thanks.  I haven't seen the reports you mention. Financial trouble for those bigots appeals to by the way.

Fans being allowed back in was referenced by the First Minister today.

From 14 September or earlier if agreement made. 

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Sizeable Hearts travelling support???? What planet are these arseholes on? 😂😂😂😂😂

Hopefully sizeable  cash flow shortages at those clubs that screwed us. 

6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

One of the things I like about the boycott is it will make news. 

It's a message that we're not taking this lying down. 

It's part of getting strong again. 

Second wave is coming.... it’s inevitable.  Won’t grow as aggressively as the first due to test and trace but by Christmas I reckon all games will be bcd or off!

4 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

You really don't need to justify yourself for going to away games.

If we're top of the league and beat Hibs in the semi, we will take thousands to away games when we're allowed to attend. 

Being called selfish for wanting a day out to attend is mental. 

I think just “wanting a day out” is a bit selfish, however being unable to keep away from any match due to your love of Hearts is totally understandable.
It’s a real hard one to call - I now detest every other Club in Scotland (with a couple of exclusions) and want them to be starved of money, but the facts are our sell out away support will hugely assist the team in getting promotion.

1 hour ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Ok that's fair enough. I've also heard from colleagues at work that some people are having Covid 19 put on their death certificates even though that wasn't the reason why they died so it makes sense what you are saying. I agree it's really a comment for the shed so apologies for going slightly off topic.

It’s not fair enough. It’s a load of shite. Covid killed people. Lots of them. hundreds of thousands worldwide. And it spread in part and we’ll probably get a second wave because idiot selfish deniers like him do what they fancy in that traditional British ‘I’m alright Jack’ mode

Edited by JimmyCant

11 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Even though I’m on the fence and dubious on a general boycott, Dundee deserve it. I won’t be going. For that particular club, no one should.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s not fair enough. It’s a load of shite. Covid killed people. Lots of them. hundreds of thousands worldwide. And it spread in part and we’ll probably get a second wave because of idiot selfish deniers like him do what they fancy in that traditional British ‘I’m alright Jack’ mode

Fortunately the governments realise its these "I'm alright Jack" people are the primary risk of spreading the virus, so if a second wave results in further lockdowns in Europe then that will give the governments the right to veto any fans in grounds for the remainder of the year.

The signs of outbreaks in Europe point that this is exactly what will happen.

2 hours ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Im sorry for your niece suffering but lm glad she is on the mend. All the best to her and wish her a speedy recovery to full fitness. From the reports l've heard it's an absolutely horrendous infection to have. Thoughtless comments by internet know it alls are not helpful.

Appreciated thanks. Some people don't think it will happen to them. 

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Fortunately the governments realise its these "I'm alright Jack" people are the primary risk of spreading the virus, so if a second wave results in further lockdowns in Europe then that will give the governments the right to veto any fans in grounds for the remainder of the year.

The signs of outbreaks in Europe point that this is exactly what will happen.

I can see how limited crowds at football could work safely, but it depends on people doing exactly as they are asked, and football fans aren’t great at that. The safer option for the community as a whole would probably be no crowds until there is a vaccine but I think they’ll give it a go. You can actually guess right away the clubs that will feck it up for everybody else and get us back to BCD.

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I can see how limited crowds at football could work safely, but it depends on people doing exactly as they are asked, and football fans aren’t great at that. The safer option for the community as a whole would probably be no crowds until there is a vaccine but I think they’ll give it a go. You can actually guess right away the clubs that will feck it up for everybody else and get us back to BCD.

If they do allow fans in limited trials it should be limited to season ticket holders perhaps - no away fans to cause complications.

will-i-am-a-jambo
25 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s not fair enough. It’s a load of shite. Covid killed people. Lots of them. hundreds of thousands worldwide. And it spread in part and we’ll probably get a second wave because idiot selfish deniers like him do what they fancy in that traditional British ‘I’m alright Jack’ mode

Poor choice of words by me. 'The ok fair enough' I was referring to was the fact he worked in the medical profession in which l originally questioned the poster on. I can also understand his reasons for the skepticism in the death rate figures (its widely reported and l've heard from other sources that post mortems are putting down Covid as the reason for death even though it may or may not be the case) and in no way was l disrespecting the fact that thousands have died from Covid directly. You are right there will be a second wave at some point. Let's hope it's not as devastating as the first. However, this will be my last post on the matter in this thread as it's slightly off topic.

47 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Fans being allowed back in was referenced by the First Minister today.

From 14 September or earlier if agreement made. 

Thanks Mickey.

Edit: Thanks Mikey.

Edited by Jumper
Damn well bad manners to get someone's name wrong. As I keep telling my wife who insists on calling me Dick.

A boycott is down to the individual and we should respect the decision of said individual

I WOULD NOT MIND BANNERS OUTSIDE AWAY GROUNDS HOWEVER STATING ...............

'WE WOULD LIKE YOU NOT TO ATTEND BUT WOULD NEVER DEMAND YOU DO NOT...EACH TO THEIR OWN'

However are you happy giving money to a club who has sought to damage your own ? a club supporting the stance to bring us before a Kangaroo court ?, a club who clearly do not see the bigger picture and who support the 'dear leader' that is Neil Doncaster..that alone should be enough to stop anyone going inside.

I don't think a long term boycott will work but there could easily be certain games when we do attempt a full boycott just to make the point

Given the current position it may well be that we will not see away fans until 2021 anyway

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Cant imagine why anyone would want to give their money to Alloa, Ayr, Dunfermline,  Dundee or Raith.

Arbroath, Morton and QoS I found less offensive and demonstrated some contrition for the original vote. 

Caley,  our besties 

1 hour ago, Voxpop said:

Second wave is coming.... it’s inevitable.  Won’t grow as aggressively as the first due to test and trace but by Christmas I reckon all games will be bcd or off!

Hope we are not bottom of the league then 😑

Clerry Jambo
4 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Mind up there , i think 1978, going for promotion, concord wine on the bus😏,

vodka and pints in a club in Arbroath, was reekin, 1-0 Hearts due to Bannons goal,

great day.  8389 that day, all hearts.

..........and fighting with police dogs behind the goals

Rick Sanchez

I'm actually not as arsed about which way teams voted as I am about how they've conducted themselves.

Dundee, Ayr and Raith are absolute boycotts. I'm happy to be reminded of any other media outbursts to form a comprehensive list.

My 8 year old laddie really wants to go to away games so we'll be going. He loves playing football and watching Hearts whenever he can. I don't think I can take him to Dundee though, I was there as a kid in 86 and hate the place even before the 'vote'. 

Back to 2005
2 hours ago, Voxpop said:

No it's not. There will be regional outbreaks in areas previously not badly impacted. This is what's happening in Spain and Germany that the MSM ARE using to justify the panic second wave headlines. It's not true and it's disturbing that people are so easily taken in by it.

maroonsgotop
2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I think just “wanting a day out” is a bit selfish, however being unable to keep away from any match due to your love of Hearts is totally understandable.
It’s a real hard one to call - I now detest every other Club in Scotland (with a couple of exclusions) and want them to be starved of money, but the facts are our sell out away support will hugely assist the team in getting promotion.

sadly our big travelling support failed to save us from relegation and apart from the 2 x Hibs games we were absolutely garbage. Why would we want to fund these scummy clubs is totally beyond me but each to their own.

13 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'm actually not as arsed about which way teams voted as I am about how they've conducted themselves.

Dundee, Ayr and Raith are absolute boycotts. I'm happy to be reminded of any other media outbursts to form a comprehensive list.

Yes.

We can look at it coming up to games.

There will be enough evidence for people to decide. 

1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

No it's not. There will be regional outbreaks in areas previously not badly impacted. This is what's happening in Spain and Germany that the MSM ARE using to justify the panic second wave headlines. It's not true and it's disturbing that people are so easily taken in by it.

I'm fairly confident in how the Scottish Government are handling things just now. 

They have opened things up despite being cautious. 

So we can be confident they will shut things down if needed. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Cant imagine why anyone would want to give their money to Alloa, Ayr, Dunfermline,  Dundee or Raith.

Arbroath, Morton and QoS I found less offensive and demonstrated some contrition for the original vote. 

Caley,  our besties 

Yes I think there will be a ‘boycott ladder’ in many people’s minds, ranging from Dundee where I would expect near 100% absence to ICT where I’d expect us to fill the place.

47 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

sadly our big travelling support failed to save us from relegation and apart from the 2 x Hibs games we were absolutely garbage. Why would we want to fund these scummy clubs is totally beyond me but each to their own.

Our big support may just have saved us from relegation but never got the chance!!!!

Harry Potter
57 minutes ago, EH23-Jambo said:

My 8 year old laddie really wants to go to away games so we'll be going. He loves playing football and watching Hearts whenever he can. I don't think I can take him to Dundee though, I was there as a kid in 86 and hate the place even before the 'vote'. 

I think its important to take the kids, they are our future fans, i wont be at a few of the away grounds due to their chairmen.

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

..........and fighting with police dogs behind the goals

I remember it well!

Pity the Christmas 7-0 wasn't repeated.  That was a great day out.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Yes I think there will be a ‘boycott ladder’ in many people’s minds, ranging from Dundee where I would expect near 100% absence to ICT where I’d expect us to fill the place.

This is where I'm at.

A wholesale across-the-board boycott would be difficult to achieve, would certainly be difficult to sustain - and in the longer term would have a negative impact on Robbie & the team on matchdays. More focused targeted boycotting is arguably preferable, particularly for the guys who want to still go support the team. 

For me, personally, this means I'll happily go to ICT, Arbroath, & Morton. I absolutely won't go to Dundee or Ayr. The jury's probably still out on the rest of them, to varying degrees.

But 100% absence at Dundee for that solitary visit would be sweet.

I’m 100% going to no away games except ICT in February (date already pencilled in  with the mates)assuming the grounds will be open for away fans , nothing against any of us that will go to any other away games but I just can’t and probably will never forget the scum that shat on us.

2 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Don’t be so sure!

For me, the boycott is all about Dundee, Raith and Ayr.

Dundee for the vote fiasco. 

The other pair due to the vocal nature of their clear and unambiguous, self centred, two fingered salute to Hearts.

Other clubs voted in a similar way, but no chairmen of other clubs were as vocal as that pair. For that reason, they can GTF. Not a single penny from me.

2 hours ago, EH23-Jambo said:

How are you going to explain to him there's hardly any Hearts fans there? When he's older and he hears about this time he'll be disappointed you've made him an innocent scab. The wee man deserves better at the beginning of his Hearts career. And by the way, it's not a bad thing to say no to your kids now and again.

2 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

We haven't had a big travelling support for years apart from fester Road. We had our biggest away support when we were on bones of our arse years ago. Good Times! Terrible team but good times. 

I'm jus making an observation as I do appreciate how expensive it is these days to follow your club. 

2 minutes ago, Bringitbak said:

We haven't had a big travelling support for years apart from fester Road. We had our biggest away support when we were on bones of our arse years ago. Good Times! Terrible team but good times. 

I'm jus making an observation as I do appreciate how expensive it is these days to follow your club. 

We had (relatively) huge supports in the championship last time. Queen of the South, Falkirk, Cowdenbeath cancelled and midweek, Livingston boxing day, Raith Rovers were all bursting at the seems. 

6 minutes ago, pablo said:

How are you going to explain to him there's hardly any Hearts fans there? When he's older and he hears about this time he'll be disappointed you've made him an innocent scab. The wee man deserves better at the beginning of his Hearts career. And by the way, it's not a bad thing to say no to your kids now and again.

I imagine along the lines of ‘Son, when you have a choice, think about it and pick your own choice, not somebody else’s choice’ 

If you called my 8 year old son a scab in my presence for going to a match you’d be drinking through a straw for a month.

7 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

The other pair due to the vocal nature of their clear and unambiguous, self centred, two fingered salute to Hearts.

Other clubs voted in a similar way, but no chairmen of other clubs were as vocal as that pair. For that reason, they can GTF. Not a single penny from me.

Don't forget the Dunfermline roaster who phoned numerous other clubs 'with his Dunfermline hat on' to robustly put forward the SPFL's case.

At least there's one SPFL club in Fife with some integrity - step forward East Fife. Hopefully soon to be joined by Kelty Hearts - even better if it's at the expense of Cowdenbeath and their mutton-chopped wankhead of a chairman. 'Boo hoo - Ann never phoned me.'

Just now, JimmyCant said:

I imagine along the lines of ‘Son, when you have a choice, think about it and pick your own choice, not somebody else’s choice’ 

If you called my 8 year old son a scab in my presence for going to a match you’d be drinking through a straw for a month.

Anytime you fancy it Jimmy hibs.....

4 minutes ago, pablo said:

Anytime you fancy it Jimmy hibs.....

Wasn’t a challenge, just pointing out most normal blokes reaction to calling his son a scab

Edited by JimmyCant

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Feck me,   you were the one whining like a bitch with your fantasy about bullying & intimidation earlier on this thread 😄:rofl:

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Feck me,   you were the one whining like a bitch with your fantasy about bullying & intimidation earlier on this thread 😄:rofl:

Just pointing out the consequences Most normal men would do, that is all. 

Wasn’t a challenge, just pointing out most normal blokes reaction to calling this son a scab

What would you know about being a normal bloke Jimmy hibs? If you fancy it, you know what to do....

Just pointing out the consequences Most normal men would do, that is all. 

Grow up, FFS. Your posts reek of aggression and you had the balls to make up stuff about posters and their "bullying & intimidation". 

3 minutes ago, pablo said:

What would you know about being a normal bloke Jimmy hibs? If you fancy it, you know what to do....

If your angry, and you sound angry challenging me to step out and all, that’s How a dad would feel about his son being called. A scab. We’ll leave it there shall we ?

Edited by JimmyCant

20 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Dunfermline were major players in our expulsion. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Grow up, FFS. Your posts reek of aggression and you had the balls to make up stuff about posters and their "bullying & intimidation". 

Boy was out of order calling folk scabs. Accept it or mind your own 

Edited by JimmyCant

If your angry, and you sound angry challenging me to step out and all, that’s they a dad would feel about his son being called. A scab. We’ll leave it there shall we ?

hibs shitebag

1 minute ago, pablo said:

hibs shitebag

On your way son. Take a slap down like a man and give the laptop back to your ma