Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Disco Ball said:

I believe Hearts got insurance money when he retired prematurely due to injury and yes I am a  fan

I remember that, which is weird seeing as we didn't offer him a new contract. Hope we applied for some of the crocks Levein brought in recently.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Batistuta87
13 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Last I saw it was £137.5K average and think it had risen. Given the number of players on 2K or less, suggests some players pulling in pretty big salaries.

There will be a few outliers like I say. I would guess that Naismith's wage is probably about £8k p/w. Boyce £4-6k; Walker, Smith, Haring, Washington, Damour, Souttar, Halkett, Clare and Uche probably all about £3-4k. Our lowest paid lads like Henderson and Moore etc might be on about £500 p/w. Squad players like Boz, Dikamona, Garuccio and so on will have been on £1-2k p/w... I'd say that probably gives you your average of £137k+ p/a so yeah agree with you here. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Rick Sanchez
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Much as I’m not sure on Kingsley (purely down to injury record) is now like us to sign him to annoy that codheid

:laugh:

David Black

I never understood why we signed Washington. Not a bad player but was never what we needed. There must be about 20 players that have left since the season ended and we'll not miss one of them. 

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Much as I’m not sure on Kingsley (purely down to injury record) is now like us to sign him to annoy that codheid

😂 codheid is not used enough on here. Should be the go to word to describe those raspers. 

Edited by GinRummy

Diadora Van Basten
15 minutes ago, David Black said:

I never understood why we signed Washington. Not a bad player but was never what we needed. There must be about 20 players that have left since the season ended and we'll not miss one of them. 

Typical of the type of striker that Hearts sign, didn’t score goals before joining us, didn’t score goals for us, runs around a lot.

49 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Ignore Scott Burns,guy is grade A prick.

Agreed, any abuse to him on Twitter is supported by me. 

Ainsley Harriott
55 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Roberts was close to signing under Levein before Ipswich threw cash at him.

Let's start well clear then. Levein couldn't spot a player in his soup

22 minutes ago, David Black said:

I think Washington gets a hard time for no particular reason. He never was and will never be a 20 goal a season striker. We've got a team full of Jessie's who don't appear to like grafting, Washington ran his baws off. I'd argue we don't have enough players like Washington. We'll be a mess for at least another 3 seasons minimum, stinking actually - there's no quick fix for this train wreck.

Ainsley Harriott
5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Wage caps in League One and Two have been approved.

Looks like they have been set at 1.5m and 2.5m a year. Cant see there being many players that will now free up for us 

Stendelnator
2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Looks like they have been set at 1.5m and 2.5m a year. Cant see there being many players that will now free up for us 

Thats £2.5m per club. Not player. 

The Future's Maroon
7 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Should be brought in every league, some of the salaries players get are disgusting.

Ibrahim Tall
1 hour ago, Chaps said:

250k for a player that was injured large part of the season, scored 4 goal and has less than 12 months on his contract.

:lol: 

£250k for a player that played regularly at English Championship level for 5 years and went for a couple million a few years ago. 
1/4 of a million is nothing down south.

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

Thats £2.5m per club. Not player. 

That makes a huge difference then no wonder the likes of Sunderland are fuming 

8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Saw that. I see £1.5M and £2.5M quoted. Surely this is per club not per player. Given we had a £9M budget last season, even with the demotion and financial constraints that brings, this cap should free up a few players, who we might be interested in. 

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Should be brought in every league, some of the salaries players get are disgusting.

Agreed.

I'm no mathematician but 2.5m a year is about 35k a week for an entire squad. League Two even less.

6 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

EACH???

Roughly £30K/week and £50K/week???

What were they before? 

Who is paying £30K a week in the English 2nd Division???

World's gone mad!

Edit: Above suggesting thats for the entire squad. That's better.

Probably allowed to pay £Millions on "bonuses" though.

Edited by Pans Jambo

David Black
4 minutes ago, E3OBE said:

I think Washington gets a hard time for no particular reason. He never was and will never be a 20 goal a season striker. We've got a team full of Jessie's who don't appear to like grafting, Washington ran his baws off. I'd argue we don't have enough players like Washington. We'll be a mess for at least another 3 seasons minimum, stinking actually - there's no quick fix for this train wreck.

Washington was an intelligent player who made good runs, but he was not what we have required for years, a poacher. It's like saying Periera was good with the ball at his feet but couldn't make a save. Strikers first and foremost have to score. sadly Washington didn't have that. We'll take next season to sort the mess out, no more.

Stendelnator

Neilson was talking about this the other day. It basically means we can now compete with these clubs for players. If our wage bill is more than £2.5m we can then take players from these clubs 

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

EACH???

What were they before? 

World's gone mad!

Would definitely allow some of the bigger clubs to spend more on transfer fees?

Aye and you're right...5k goal bonus :laugh:

Ainsley Harriott
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

EACH???

What were they before? 

World's gone mad!

Think its per club. I know Jack Rodwell was on 70k per week in league one for sunderland until he left. 

If it is per club then you are talking about them having a playing budget less than half ours which is great news.

Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Think its per club. I know Jack Rodwell was on 70k per week in league one for sunderland until he left. 

If it is per club then you are talking about them having a playing budget less than half ours which is great news.

EFL released statement - definitely a ‘squad salary cap’ as opposed to players (individually). 

Good news for us if we are looking at players in those leagues. 

Rick Sanchez

I assume players already with contracts are safe? Assume that's why Clare done a runner fast.

What about Washington going to League One, might be less money 🤷‍♂️

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I assume players already with contracts are safe? Assume that's why Clare done a runner fast.

They have a few days left to sign players before the cap is introduced. 

I can imagine the amount of 1st Div players coming to the end of their contract suddenly finding Scotland looking very appealing now.

Berra than you
3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I was thinking this too, but the clubs have voted for it so you would think they would be forward planning

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

They have a few days left to sign players before the cap is introduced. 

Good. Tell Charlton is £500K or GTF

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Good. Tell Charlton is £500K or GTF

Any profit on top of what we’ve spent is good enough I suppose. 

Ainsley Harriott
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I can imagine the amount of 1st Div players coming to the end of their contract suddenly finding Scotland looking very appealing now.

Yep hopefully the days of missing out on players to league 1 sides are long gone

The salary cap news could be huge for us in the long term. We are in quite a niche position in that we would be improved by bringing in some League One players and will also now have the budget to outspend them. 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

😂😂 hes never worth that 

Yeh I know but they will be keen to get it over the line before the wage cap thing becomes mandatory. Ball's in our court as they have already agreed terms. They are waiting on Hearts to agree the fee.

Ram it up them :whistling:

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Yeh I know but they will be keen to get it over the line before the wage cap thing becomes mandatory. Ball's in our court as they have already agreed terms. They are waiting on Hearts to agree the fee.

Oh don’t get me wrong, if can get it great news

Just now, AGoodLaugh said:

The salary cap news could be huge for us in the long term. We are in quite a niche position in that we would be improved by bringing in some League One players and will also now have the budget to outspend them. 

Can you imagine if they introduced a wage cap up here?

Say £12Million P/A per club.

Rangers and Celtic would still pay the highest salaries but at £9Million, we would not be that far behind. Would certainly make the leagues far more competitive!

As was said above, the biggest factor would be that transfer fees would start to rocket for the best players.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Too late. Cup bonuses exempt. Should definitely help us. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12044401/league-one-and-league-two-clubs-vote-for-salary-caps

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Bugger

£2.5m seems quite a low figure when wages, agents fees etc are included. Might be why we’ve not heard anymore on the deal. 

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

well - we better win the title this year becuase sure as shit Scotland will follow suit and that will make winning promotion far more difficult 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

£2.5m seems quite a low figure when wages, agents fees etc are included. Might be why we’ve not heard anymore on the deal. 

True.

If they have a squad of around 28 player you are probably looking at around £2k/week average. We can beat that all day long for the right player!

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

well - we better win the title this year becuase sure as shit Scotland will follow suit and that will make winning promotion far more difficult 

We will win it. Not saying we will "skoosh" it, but we will secure promotion for next season.

Edit: I want Scotland to follow suit but the bigot brothers will want to make it at least £18M per annum which means its business as usual for everyone else!

I think THEY need to come down closer to Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs level of annual salaries. Would benefit Scottish Football as it will make it more competitive. Think I should start a thread on this topic and keep this one for Hearts transfer gossip!

Edited by Pans Jambo

4 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Hope not. Incredibly injury prone. 

You could be right there.  Hopefully a trial first and a thorough medical if needed.

LarrysRightFoot

15 minutes ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

Some injury record 

Injury prone? Welcome to Tynecastle Stephen!

rudi must stay
13 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

You could be right there.  Hopefully a trial first and a thorough medical if needed.

Thorough? How can we sneak him in under a coat with a thorough medical

4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I'm hearing Jackson Irvine has been linked 

that's more like it.  :)  not many injury's, good value, center mid.  Good replacement for everyone bar big pete.