Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

kingantti1874

Kingsley is a good player, we really need to learn our lesson and stay away from players who are out injured all the ****ing time.. 

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

You never know, all this time out could have helped his injury, similar to Haring.

Heard the same about white 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Heard the same about white 

yep .  Why do we make the same mistakes over and over and over and over again.. I hoped this policy of signing players - who will only sign for us becuase there is something wrong with them was finished.. it’s stupid

34 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Answers your question in numerous ways.

In what way better?Technical?Mental?Effort?

We are losing players that the majority of us watched last season and the previous season and most of us

and Neilson/JJ feel it is right that they go.

I'm sure if you asked 100 Jambos 99 would say Gomis was a better signing than Clare.

Gomis signed in the Championship.

Likewise i am sure most would say Sow was a better signing (for us) than Washington

Don't think we'll sign any technically better than Clare , no slouch in the effort department either . Certainly his weakness can be confidence but playing in a good team in the Scottish championship I think he would grow in confidence

Washington , after fully recovering , was showing how good he was . He would have run any championship defence ragged .

Not certain Neilson has much choice with some of the outgoings ?

You don't think he would have liked to keep Clare and Washington ?

If we sign another Sow type player I'll be more than happy but that does rather nullify your argument 

YouJB Jambo
13 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Both of Kingsley and O’Donnell have been capped and played in much better teams than ours of last year.
Facing a year in the Championship and the likely event that our two best players of last year are away, signing players of this calibre to replace them (on top of Craig Gordon) would be much better than I’d have imagined.

Appreciate it’s all just speculation. 

Swansea fans loved Kingsley down here, played plenty games in Premier league then moved to Hull for 4m where it looks like he suffered with injuries - we would take him back in a shot down here as current LB is crap. There were rumours the scum along the road at Cardiff were after O'Donnell so not sure if he'd join us in Championship but would be good signing imo

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

yep .  Why do we make the same mistakes over and over and over and over again.. I hoped this policy of signing players - who will only sign for us becuase there is something wrong with them was finished.. it’s stupid

It was always a model of leveins, sign a guy that has had injury issues but if fit we’d never be able to sign as too expensive, if it works out you’ve won a watch but if not you’re stuck with an expensive liability and going by our track record of injuries I’d go with the latter.

put these kind of risky signings on a pay as you play deal and I’m all for it.

Gordon Ramsay
34 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

According to Wikipedia, which is usually unreliable I know...85 appearances in 6 years.

Will settle in just fine here then. 

daily record

Washington awaits green light

(Image: SNS)

Conor Washington is waiting for Hearts to give his move to Charlton the green light, writes Scott Burns. 

The striker, 28, travelled to London for his medical and to agree a two-year deal with the Addicks.

All that is left now is for Hearts to finalise a five-figure transfer fee. The deal could see them get add-ons if Charlton win promotion back to the Championship

5 figures! GTF

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

daily record

Conor Washington is waiting for Hearts to give his move to Charlton the green light, writes Scott Burns. 

The striker, 28, travelled to London for his medical and to agree a two-year deal with the Addicks.

All that is left now is for Hearts to finalise a five-figure transfer fee. The deal could see them get add-ons if Charlton win promotion back to the Championship

5 figures! GTF

Lets be honest, it'll be an undisclosed fee anyway. We'll not likely find out how much.

We signed him for free. He was out injured for a while. He's got a year left so could leave for nothing. 

Rick Sanchez
3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

daily record

5 figures! GTF

Poor deal that.

But if you get 5-6k off the wage bill and sign Hemmings on 2-3k then it turns into a good deal.

Hopefully 250k or something similar upon promotion.

Vlad the impaler
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

daily record

5 figures! GTF

I was expecting a lot more for a current internationalist. Worries me that Budge is undervaluing our players even if we want rid 

1 minute ago, fast_blood said:

Lets be honest, it'll be an undisclosed fee anyway. We'll not likely find out how much.

We signed him for free. He was out injured for a while. He's got a year left so could leave for nothing. 

Add the fact we need to get top earners off the wage bill and it’s very much a buyers market as far as us selling players is concerned. 

1 minute ago, Vlad the impaler said:

I was expecting a lot more for a current internationalist. Worries me that Budge is undervaluing our players even if we want rid 

Is the Budge valuing players at all or is that what JJ is there for?

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Their contract situation will dictate how much we get for them as well. Last year of his contract, will be on decent wages as well, a fee for him and off the wage bill will be what we are looking at here. Don't think we would be able to get top money for him, it's not like he set the heather alight up here and missed a fair chunk through injury. 

Vlad the impaler
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Not sure who would be doing that but under 250k for Clare and Washington is brutal if true

11 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Last 2 paragraphs looks a bit like Sean Clare statement.

That's what i thought i had to scroll back up to make sure it wasnt the Clare one i was reading 

hmfc_liam06
6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I'm hearing Jackson Irvine has been linked 

Would be a great signing.

Left back and striker are in the works apparently.

Think the important thing is the wage bill being reduced. The players did not do well last season so our stance on selling them may be just to get whatever is possible and allows robbie to bring in who he wants 

Just now, Vlad the impaler said:

Not sure who would be doing that but under 250k for Clare and Washington is brutal if true

These are players that contributed to us being bottom of the league after 30 games and who won 4 league games all season. That's what is brutal. I wouldn't be bothered if we replaced everyone of them, none of them will be missed. 

Famous 1874
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Kingsley and Henmings most likely I would guess then

Stendelnator

It’s their wages that we needed rid of. If we have an extra £500,000 a year in wages to spend now, plus £250k in fees, that’s a massive chunk of budget available to the new manager. 

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Jackson Irvine would be decent but surely he will have better options than the Championship in Scotland. I would take him though, he has done well down south. 

hmfc_liam06

The bottom line is as soon as a player is adamant they want away the clubs bargaining power goes out the window.

He's gone, we've received a nominal fee and he's off the wage books.

hmfc_liam06
Just now, PapaShango said:

Jackson Irvine would be decent but surely he will have better options than the Championship in Scotland. I would take him though, he has done well down south. 

Aye I'd put him in the pie in the sky bracket.

Famous 1874

5 figures for Washington? Has to be a relegation clause there surely. Should be getting at least 200k for him, in his prime and has numerous international caps

Rick Sanchez

Yep, I'm sure if they could get rid of 3/4's of that team by ripping up their contracts and paying them nothing they would.

Nominal fees allow that.

Famous 1874
Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Aye I'd put him in the pie in the sky bracket.

Agreed, can’t see him joining us at all. He’ll stay in the English championship. 

1 hour ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Charlie Adam free agent. 

He was on Talksport last week saying he's spoke to loads of clubs about a move but not one team in Scotland - all lower English along with a few foreign ones

Washington is 28, has a year left on his deal, has scored <10 goals in three years and we've just been relegated. Given that he came in on a free transfer and is probably on a decent wage, I'm not sure how any kind of fee is bad business.

Vlad the impaler
Just now, Famous 1874 said:

5 figures for Washington? Has to be a relegation clause there surely. Should be getting at least 200k for him, in his prime and has numerous international caps

My point exactly! If the shoe was on the other foot we wouldn’t be getting him from Charlton for under 100k. I acknowledge the point about freeing up budget but we must get value or we hold him to his contract 

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Let's be honest now. 

We should be happy receiving peanuts for the vast majority of these jokers. 

Definitely this. Our joy at these players leaving should by far outweigh the sums we receive for them

Robbo-Jambo
10 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Kingsley and Henmings most likely I would guess then

Hemmings middle name is Ruudi 🤔

Just saying... 

so a high earner we needed to get off the wage bill if possible, we couldn't just release him on relegation, otherwise we would have, but we've managed to get some money in for him. and people are complaining?

Vlad the impaler

If Washington scored a barrowload this season(Which is possible in this league) and we got him on a new deal his value would soar for heading back to the premiership

Harry Potter
8 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

If Washington scored a barrowload this season(Which is possible in this league) and we got him on a new deal his value would soar for heading back to the premiership

Aye if, thats the problem.

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

but he’d be out of contract and leave on a free

Vlad the impaler
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

but he’d be out of contract and leave on a free

That’s why I said get him on

a new deal. He obviously wanted away for his international career but just think we’ve got peanuts for him

Stendelnator

That’s why I said get him on

a new deal. He obviously wanted away for his international career but just think we’ve got peanuts for him

Why would he sign a new deal if he had a great season and had plenty of interest?

33 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

You were not sure but you were blaming Budge anyway?!

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

£500k for 49 appearances and left for nothing, on top of probably the same again in wages isn’t value for money in anyone’s book I’m afraid, apart from yours obviously. 

I believe Hearts got insurance money when he retired prematurely due to injury and yes I am a  fan

Edited by Disco Ball

23 minutes ago, Gav M said:

so a high earner we needed to get off the wage bill if possible, we couldn't just release him on relegation, otherwise we would have, but we've managed to get some money in for him. and people are complaining?

this. We need to cut our cloth accordingly and aren’t in a position to be making demands i’d think, and who knows what’s been agreed with each player when the pay cuts were introduced. 

43 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The Budge. 

:facepalm:

Did JJ shag your wife Al? 

47 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I'm hearing Jackson Irvine has been linked 

You’ve read the Hull article and seen he’s being released and guessing.