Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

49 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Smith is a better RB than Clare and Washington did very little......two big earners off the wage bill who won’t be missed.

Of course they'll be missed . Unless we sign better ?

Unlikely in our position .

Playerm

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Leveins Battalion
23 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Playerm

We've just came off the worst season in my 30 odd years supporting Hearts.

They wont be missed!!

Kenneth Dubeke
3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

They wont be missed!!

Incredible how few people see it like this 

31 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Playerm

They really won’t be missed at all.

Smith is a better RB.....and Washington done next to nothing in the handful of games he managed to play in.

7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

They really won’t be missed at all.

Smith is a better RB.....and Washington done next to nothing in the handful of games he managed to play in.

Clearly you were not at ER. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Clearly you were not at ER. 

“next to nothing”

That was it from Washington I’m afraid. Nothing else to report.

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

“next to nothing”

That was it from Washington I’m afraid. Nothing else to report.

Fir Park. 

27 minutes ago, airdriejambo3 said:

I take it the boy Jay Nwadze that signed for Wexford in Ireland is not a loss?

No. We signed him and got rid of Josh Doig who is now in hibs first team and looking like a real prospect. And was a jambo to boot.

Edited by buzzbomb

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Fir Park. 

C’mon.......

Are you seriously saying we’ll miss Connor Washington?

That’ll we’ll struggle this season without him ?

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

No. We signed him and got rid of Josh Doig who is now in hibs first team and looking like a real prospect. And was a jambo to boot.

No idea whether he left or was released but to be fair we did have a much better prospect at LB at the time, and still do.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

No idea whether he left or was released but to be fair we did have a much better prospect at LB at the time, and still do.

Capable of playing centre back too.

Stendelnator

As stated before, Washington is a good player but he did not suit playing in a team like ours that will dominate possession. He's better suited to a ten men behind the ball team and playing on the counter, that's why he does well at international level.

13 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

C’mon.......

Are you seriously saying we’ll miss Connor Washington?

That’ll we’ll struggle this season without him ?

No, just taking to task your next to nothing comment. 
we won’t struggle without him this season but had we still been in premiership he would have contributed now that he is fully fit.  Let’s see who comes in to replace him and how they cope when we are back in top league. 

7 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

As stated before, Washington is a good player but he did not suit playing in a team like ours that will dominate possession. He's better suited to a ten men behind the ball team and playing on the counter, that's why he does well at international level.

👍

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Capable of playing centre back too.

Not for the first team yet it seems. Young players get tried in lots of positions. He's a LB and we have a brilliant LB who is actually younger than Doig. I'm not sure this is the stick to beat the club with that you think it is. With Hickey in front of him, is it any wonder we were OK with letting him go or he wanted to go?

3 hours ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

Newbie mate 

Looks as though I would find myself struggling with your intellectual prowess 

:rofl: 

You learn fast newbie. 

Washington is not a bad footballer just did not suit scottish football or Hearts for that matter. Chalk him up to another failed Levien experiment.

4 hours ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

Adam was on huge money. So was Flogel 

And they were well worth it! 🏆

3 hours ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

Certainly paid they're way. Might've played a part in the debt escalation under pieman though 

Don’t know about that but they certainly played a part in our 1998 cup win that fans of my generation were so desperate to see!

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

You are the king of waffle on here 👍 👍

Nope the crown is still firmly on your napper! 😉

2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Now that is the face of a man who has just been shown around Kilmarnock town centre.

👏

Just caught up on this thread. Really disappointed Clare is away, thought he had something and really came into a game under Stendel. Also seemed like a really nice guy and was one of the few players I liked in our current squad. Wish him all the best

Kenneth Dubeke
12 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Don’t know about that but they certainly played a part in our 1998 cup win that fans of my generation were so desperate to see!

Without a doubt. Best day I've had 👍

Clevid Dikamona has paid tribute to Hearts fans after joining Kilmarnock.

The 30-year-old signed a one-year deal with the Rugby Park side after ripping up his contract at Tynecastle following the suspension of football in March.

Jambos supporters were disappointed to see the cult hero leave the club and Dikamona has sent the Hearts faithful a message after his next move was confirmed.

He said: "To the Hearts fans, I would like to thank you all for what you gave me, I will be a Hearts fan for a long, long time.

"Now I’m a Kilmarnock player and I will love this club and will fight for it with all of what I have and I can’t wait to start."

He said: "I'd like to say a massive thank you to Hearts and Ann Budge for giving me the opportunity to play for such a massive club and gain so many priceless experiences that have improved me not only as a player but as a person.

"I'm disappointed the way the club was treated in the end especially with so much football left to be played but I have no doubt with the players they have on-board the club will be back where it belongs in no time.

Edited by CJGJ

Byyy The Light

Washington getting a hard time here. The guy looked fairly decent then got injured then played a handful of games so we probably never saw him at 100% fit.

He’d skoosh the championship if he stayed. Would’ve liked to see him get a decent run of games. 

9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Clevid Dikamona has paid tribute to Hearts fans after joining Kilmarnock.

The 30-year-old signed a one-year deal with the Rugby Park side after ripping up his contract at Tynecastle following the suspension of football in March.

Jambos supporters were disappointed to see the cult hero leave the club and Dikamona has sent the Hearts faithful a message after his next move was confirmed.

He said: "To the Hearts fans, I would like to thank you all for what you gave me, I will be a Hearts fan for a long, long time.

"Now I’m a Kilmarnock player and I will love this club and will fight for it with all of what I have and I can’t wait to start."

He said: "I'd like to say a massive thank you to Hearts and Ann Budge for giving me the opportunity to play for such a massive club and gain so many priceless experiences that have improved me not only as a player but as a person.

"I'm disappointed the way the club was treated in the end especially with so much football left to be played but I have no doubt with the players they have on-board the club will be back where it belongs in no time.

Last 2 paragraphs looks a bit like Sean Clare statement.

Washington a good player, but will be on decent money and not doesnt score many goals, seems sensible to move him on in current situation.

2 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Washington a good player, but will be on decent money and not doesnt score many goals, seems sensible to move him on in current situation.

Agreed.  Hearts need to consolidate a squad to face Championship and a reduced budget and then augment the squad IF there is promotion.  I expect others will join Clare and Washington.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Hopefully Damour and Uche next out the door.

I think you'll get your wish. 

1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

Washington getting a hard time here. The guy looked fairly decent then got injured then played a handful of games so we probably never saw him at 100% fit.

He’d skoosh the championship if he stayed. Would’ve liked to see him get a decent run of games. 

He was a victim of how the game is played up here. He likes to run the channels and make space by dragging players away. Most clubs up here sit in solid and don’t let you run behind or in between them. There’s very little space in the last third so unless your a real class above or your very quick and/or very strong it’s difficult for even a decent player to hit double figures up here.

Edited by JimmyCant

john thomas
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

we won’t struggle without him this season but had we still been in premiership he would have contributed now that he is fully fit.  Let’s see who comes in to replace him and how they cope when we are back in top league. 

Correct ,  if we sign players as good as Washington and Clare this season I'll be delighted

Yes we can live without players like this in our current position .

Are people saying they won't be missed in the cup semi ?

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Nope the crown is still firmly on your napper! 😉

You're the one who's doing the waffling having a wee discussion with yourself.  My comment was that JJ and RN also signed dross which has been amply proved by other posters' contributions.  You're waffling on about what JJ sold his signings for and I have never claimed otherwise but still you rabbit on only for the purpose of trying to score points and, as usual, dismally failing.  I shall try and do this in baby steps for you.  I think every manager, or nearly every manager, will sign players who turn out to be poor signings and that applies to CL, JJ,  RN and even Sir A F.  Is that clear enough for you?

Tynecastlesmychurch
6 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Souttar not going anywhere.

Washington, Uche, White & Hickey will leave. Smith is a possibility too.

What about a certain french midfielder of ours? Too your knowledge is he likely too be staying at the moment?

Incase we have some french lad in the youth team that I don’t no about I obviously Damour! 🤣

probably didn't need to be said but you never know!  

Edited by Tynecastlesmychurch

3 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

They wont be missed!!

So we are signing better players ?

Who we getting ?

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

He was a victim of how the game is played up here. He likes to run the channels and make space by dragging players away. Most clubs up here sit in solid and don’t let you run behind or in between them. There’s very little space in the last third so unless your a real class above or your very quick and/or very strong it’s difficult for even a decent player to hit double figures up here.

I agree to a certain extent but Hibs didnt seem to have that problem with Lennon when all they did was play quick diagonals for the likes of Boyle to chase. Hearts problem is they plodded about and didn’t move the ball fast enough. A lot of the time our strikers come short and it’s easy to defend against. Washington was the only one who wanted to play on the shoulder and run in behind. I think he would’ve been effective. Not a prolific goalscorer but a nuisance and would create space for others.

8 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

So......

He won’t be missed then.

Just like I said........

ooh-aah-cantona

Callumn Morrison free to talk to other clubs.

Seemingly considering a deal from Stirling Albion and that’s also the chat on the Stirling Pie and Bovril thread.

Leveins Battalion
6 hours ago, johnthomas said:

So we are signing better players ?

Who we getting ?

Depends on your definition of better.

Players who will actually play and contribute rather than sit in the medical room for most of the season?

Players who want to be here and see the privilege it is to wear the Hearts strip?

Players who are not scared to play at Tynecastle the 1st time they get a bit stick for falling over a ball?

Players who wont bankrupt the club?

Maybe a striker that will score?

Like I say none of the squad from last season will be missed and if they want to stay they have a hell of a lot of making up to do!

8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not for the first team yet it seems. Young players get tried in lots of positions. He's a LB and we have a brilliant LB who is actually younger than Doig. I'm not sure this is the stick to beat the club with that you think it is. With Hickey in front of him, is it any wonder we were OK with letting him go or he wanted to go?

OK, so we pay money for Nwandze, let a guy go who is better, who supports Hearts and would have been on the minimum wage at Hearts, who has already proved at least worthy of playing first team football, who Hoffenheim in the Bundesliga were already preparing to bid for, who has played for Scotland U18, who is 6'3, very athletic, left-sided, who is a few months older than Aaron. And, the only justification is that Hickey is better (at the moment) ?

And the question isn't whether Aaron Hickey is better, it's whether Doig was better than Nwandze (100% yes) and whether he can play first team football (yes as it stands). Imagine being able to sell Aaron for £1.8M and having a ready made replacement who is also potentially capable of commanding a fee in the future.

I'm not beating the club with a stick, but this was a mistake. It's a question of how big which depends on how Doig progresses.

Rick Sanchez

Like I've said, would much rather sell Smith, who's in his last year and use it to sign O'Donnell on a 3/4 year deal.

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Like I've said, would much rather sell Smith, who's in his last year and use it to sign O'Donnell on a 3/4 year deal.

Whilst i would be happy with O'Donnell i hope the days of 4 year deals are well and truly over!!!