Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

What's ageist about that?

Is he old?

His name gives it away surely? Jim was my first hero so Iirc CoS is older than me. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Were we showered with huge offers?

If we were, then CL was definitely wrong.  If it was the only way we could get rid of him so be it.

The point was, he was a disastrous signing and you and your tag team mate Crookie need to acknowledge that and front up instead of trying to demean others unnecessarily.  As I said (nearly) ALL managers make signings that turn out to be poor.  Instead of trying to be a smart a*se please say whether you agree or not.

I think if you had been paying attention I have stated that he was a poor signing, like Tomaschek (and his most expensive dud signing OSHINIWA) he was let go by Levein and barely kicked another ball at 30. I was just pointing out the irony that it was Levein who got shot of him. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

His name gives it away surely? Jim was my first hero so Iirc CoS is older than me. 

His own name may be Cruickshank and he might be 26.  I was not criticising his age in any case and only a suspicious mind would think otherwise.  It's good you have some hero. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think if you had been paying attention I have stated that he was a poor signing, like Tomaschek (and his most expensive dud signing OSHINIWA) he was let go by Levein and barely kicked another ball at 30. I was just pointing out the irony that it was Levein who got shot of him. 

I think if you had been paying attention all I was saying is that JJ and RN ALSO made poor signings and I simply used Petric as a major example.  I was just pointing out the irony of someone who was a record (?) signing and we got sod all for him - unless you know we were flooded with lucrative offers.  Do you?

It happens on many occasions that if you're trying to offload someone you are left with little alternative but to pay up the contract.  Is that correct?

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

His own name may be Cruickshank and he might be 26.  I was not criticising his age in any case and only a suspicious mind would think otherwise.  It's good you have some hero. 

No he’s in his 60s I think, usually telling someone to have a lie down is aimed at the older generations, apologies if that’s not what you meant.
Ive had a few heroes in Hearts jerseys, not many in recent times unfortunately. 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No he’s in his 60s I think, usually telling someone to have a lie down is aimed at the older generations, apologies if that’s not what you meant.
Ive had a few heroes in Hearts jerseys, not many in recent times unfortunately. 

Apology accepted.

i just assumed that he had had too much of the sun.  Apologies if that's wrong.

So, just in from the pub. Clare's away and I was told this afternoon he was second choice to ex-Killie player Steven O'Donnell as O'Donnell couldn't agree a wage. How much is this feker lookin for considerin he's a free agent?! O'Donnell would be a great signing if we could afford it, International player aswell, can play wide right midfield/right back and scored some great goals. If we don't, Hibs or Aberdeen will, as is the norm these last few years.

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

There's nothing more hilarious than your stupid biased posts.

Have a lie down.

Killer response! 😳

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Apology accepted.

i just assumed that he had had too much of the sun.  Apologies if that's wrong.

I accept your apology! 😚

Rick Sanchez
7 hours ago, jambonian said:

So, just in from the pub. Clare's away and I was told this afternoon he was second choice to ex-Killie player Steven O'Donnell as O'Donnell couldn't agree a wage. How much is this feker lookin for considerin he's a free agent?! O'Donnell would be a great signing if we could afford it, International player aswell, can play wide right midfield/right back and scored some great goals. If we don't, Hibs or Aberdeen will, as is the norm these last few years.

Aberdeen have Hernandez and Logan at right back, Hibs have McGinn and Gray. We have Smith and Brandon but that will likely change...if he can't get an English Championship side then if it's down to money, we won't be far off. 

Back to Killie or join a bigger club in a lower division.

3 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Aberdeen have Hernandez and Logan at right back, Hibs have McGinn and Gray. We have Smith and Brandon but that will likely change...if he can't get an English Championship side then if it's down to money, we won't be far off. 

Back to Killie or join a bigger club in a lower division.

Feel we could be losing out on a good signing if we don't get O'Donnell in. Over the last few years I've watched players who have impressed and they unfortunately end up signing for one of them instead. Happened numerous times now. Problem is, how long will Smith be around and will Brandon be able to cut it in the first team? He did well under Cathro and was an able replacement for Smith anytime he played but then he had that horrendous injury. When he got back in the team under Levein he was played out of position (surprise surprise!) and never really settled back into the team properly.

As for Hibs...yes they signed Paul McGinn but Gray is injury-prone so they may well be on the lookout for a right-back. Logan has been a decent player for Aberdeen and I can't comment on Hernandez as I actually don't recall him. O'Donnell would fit into their system fine as they like to get down the line and O'Donnell's handy for a few good goals like he was at Killie.

But, now that Clare's gone, for me it's a no-brainer to get him in if funds allow.

Famous 1874

We should be trying to get O’Donnell in regardless if Smith goes or not.

Gordon

O’Donnell Smith Souttar Garuccio/White/Kingsley? 

That is a solid back 4 

22 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Will miss Clare’s penalties. Think he only missed one and that hit the post. 

Good point. When we were last in the Championship, our speedy wide men were good at getting into the box and winning penalties.

Jamboscanbevicius

If, and it’s a big IF, we are targeting Kingsley and O’Donnell it is excellent news. These would be long twrm

signings building us for a return to the top flight.

I actually think Frear and Hemmings would be good signings too, but they are definitely more in the “journeyman” category. 

One of the things I like about Robbie is that he tries to create balance. I remember thinking the same last time he rebuilt. We signed actual left-sided players and it made a big difference. Last season we lacked that balance, but Kingsley and Frear would help with that for sure.

Rick Sanchez

I don't think we've been linked with O'Donnell lads. It was just me looking at McCulloch signings...which begs the question, where's McCulloch?

Full contact and full squad training from Monday. You'd expect something on that front soon.

weegie jambo
1 hour ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Will miss Clare’s penalties. Think he only missed one and that hit the post. 

We wont be getting any penalties this season, I'm afraid!

His name is

The way things are going with covid, I don't think we should be pushing the boat out for any player.

Let's clear the decks of the current deadwood and see where we're at squad wise. 

A couple of steady players and what we already have will be more than enough for the championship (I hope).

48 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I don't think we've been linked with O'Donnell lads. It was just me looking at McCulloch signings...which begs the question, where's McCulloch?

Full contact and full squad training from Monday. You'd expect something on that front soon.

He was jogging around Riccarton in full hearts training gear with some bald boy who was also in our training gear a couple of days ago. 

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, Russ1977 said:

He was jogging around Riccarton in full hearts training gear with some bald boy who was also in our training gear a couple of days ago. 

Him?

1571325521trio-1000-1.jpeg

Could well be as he was completely bald. Robbie and Gallagher where about 100m up the road jogging as well. McCulloch clearly just back from holiday as he had a cracking tan. 

Rick Sanchez
3 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Could well be as he was completely bald. Robbie and Gallagher where about 100m up the road jogging as well. McCulloch clearly just back from holiday as he had a cracking tan. 

Encouraging mate, cheers 👍

Special Agent Dale Cooper
11 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Him?

1571325521trio-1000-1.jpeg

McCulloch has the look of a sociopath in that pic. Those eyes are dead.

11 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

McCulloch has the look of a psychopath in that pic. Those eyes are dead.

FTFY but to be fair, most experts believe psychopaths and sociopaths share a similar set of traits.

Can just imagine him trying to get into the changing-room after a bad result!! - or greeting the team before training.

Heres Johnny GIFs | Tenor2f3f571e41286e67d42bcee066afd911.jpg

Edited by JohnB

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Lawrence shankland not in today's Dundee United squad 🤔

Good enough for the Championship  :whistling:

Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, jambonian said:

Indeed, Aberdeen won’t be signing anyone else as they can’t even afford to pay Jonny Hayes this season. Hibs don’t need a RB and would’ve signed him already if they were going to. If by some miracle Michael Smith gets a move then we should go for him, but he seems to have his eye on bigger abs better things. 

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

McCulloch has the look of a sociopath in that pic. Those eyes are dead.

Typical hun 

On 07/08/2020 at 12:25, Batistuta87 said:

Irvine would be a massive coup, and would instantly become one of our top players. It would be almost too good to be true if we signed him. Had a quick stalk and saw that Souttar and Garuccio both follow him on Instagram and I can't really see any link to Souttar other than a couple of caps for Scotland U19s. Garuccio obviously an Oz international teammate. 

Kingsley would also be a decent signing too but can't help but feel that Garuccio is more than good enough for the Championship. White would be fine as backup too (unless he's on a big wage and/or is leaving) and I'm assuming it would cost a lot less to have Garuccio and White than it would to have Kingsley alone?? Just guessing of course but he just be on much bigger wages than we're currently paying anyone....

Hemmings would be a decent signing too if Washington leaves. He's played and scored plenty in the league before so can't see any reason why he wouldn't do it for us too. Good signing for me, but not on too long a contract. 2yr max. 

I read that he wanted to go back South.

Batistuta87
59 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I read that he wanted to go back South.

Wonder if the salary cap will change that?

I quite fancy Danny Loader who has just left Reading. Bags of pace, couple of goals to his name for England youth sides, only 19... We could really be doing with one or two prospects who will make us some money after a couple of seasons. A few others who have been released down south and might now be realistic targets due to this salary cap... Big Thiam from Barnsley and Devante Cole sitting without a club too. 

Edited by Batistuta87

4 hours ago, Fun Boaby said:

Good point. When we were last in the Championship, our speedy wide men were good at getting into the box and winning penalties.

That’s the sort of players I like. Guys that want to collect the ball and run at defenders. Take the ball and just run in to the box with it. Ask a question of the defenders. Goals and penalties. Give me a Suso or a Milinkovic every single season please.

Holyrood_Hearts
4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Ahkmatov possibly training on Monday, he's in Edinburgh. 

Who?

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Who?

Mr serious 🤣🤣

aviary-image-1596906608524.jpeg

Edited by Leveins Battalion

Harry Potter
6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Mr serious 🤣🤣

aviary-image-1596906608524.jpeg

beard puts 10 years on him, must be hot in summer 🥵.

Batistuta87
22 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Ahkmatov possibly training on Monday, he's in Edinburgh

Confirmed 👍🏻

49684588-FADC-4C80-86CC-BC94C5A8AAFC.jpeg

Edited by Batistuta87

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Confirmed 👍🏻

49684588-FADC-4C80-86CC-BC94C5A8AAFC.jpeg

Nice find that!

Loves a killer pass going by his youtube video. Doesn't count for much though I know.

I know i will probably get ripped for thus but wtf is it with Hearts and not going after proven goalscorers.I will give credit for Boyce but other than that over the years it looks like we give priority for everything else in a forward above actual goals.Yes my post is - I am a little pissed at Nisbet scoring a hattrick today and yes im a little drunk from being in the garden all day so forgive me if I am well off the mark.

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Barry if your there,wee bit of transfer gossip for your shan paper.🤣🤣🤣

🤣

Expect something before 8pm.

Batistuta87
5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Nice find that!

Loves a killer pass going by his youtube video. Doesn't count for much though I know.

Yeah looks alright. I'm wary of YouTube reels and he's not playing at a very high level currently, but looks quite natural on the ball and has a bit of flair about him by the look of it.