Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Willie Hamilton genius
48 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I have no idea, sorry. If he is as good as they think he would be, I hope we do still sign.

Go on then, I'll fall for it.

Seen this before on here.

Who is "Max"?

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

51 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Interesting. Considering training only started this week RN must’ve been quick to judge (or judged from YouTube) if he made that decision a few weeks ago. Of course maybe the guy just posted a photo he took a few weeks ago then.

His agent had him here for a trial end of July .. he also was talking to Ross County and was going for a trial with an Austrian team.  I was told RN felt the player wasnt what we needed

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

His agent had him here for a trial end of July .. he also was talking to Ross County and was going for a trial with an Austrian team.  I was told RN felt the player wasnt what we needed

A trial how though? How do you trial a player with no training sessions or behind closed doors games?

18 minutes ago, Willie Hamilton genius said:

Who is "Max"?

Some Ukrainian ( ? ) kid. Lightweight but very skillful. Been over a few times to be involved with youth set up but he is still very young. 

Thats my understanding anyway

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

I was a bit harsh on Washington, so I apologise for that. I still don’t think we’ve seen his best but “freeloader” was ott.

Christ, no need to apologise mate!

I sometimes wonder if Internet life's spills into stadiums a bit. We discuss every inch on here and some myths becomes truths in the stands. Djoum/Claire etc are lazy.... Never the case and especially with Sean, his confidence was shot. Folk around me applauding him being subbed etc. It's madness!!

Anyway. Connor Washington had an unlucky season more than a bad one tbh I reckon. I like him.

Willie Hamilton genius
1 minute ago, Alan_R said:

Some Ukrainian ( ? ) kid. Lightweight but very skillful. Been over a few times to be involved with youth set up but he is still very young. 

Thats my understanding anyway

OK,

Thanks AR

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Posts like this totally baffle me.

Has Washington ever given less than 100% on the park for us?

Imo if Washington leaves, we won't replace him with better. I don't care about wages, I trust the club to manage budgets and I want to see the best players we can get. Washington is 100%, beyond argument, in that camp.

Opinions likes. But freeloader?!

Damour I get that opinion. Not one to go that route personally, but I can see it.

It’s a bit sketchy now but was Washington not injured twice in quick succession? (He’ll get branded injury prone now👀). I remember him breaking down right in front of me at the Gorgie stand after he stretched for a ball over the top. His hammy pinged. I think that was the second injury?

How anyone can’t see he was a good player is beyond me, and as pointed out, he always gave 100.  Early on he gave Motherwell the run around in the cup win. It was clear his strengths were holding the play up and pulling out wide to stretch defences. 

Not long after the injuries came.  Good close control in tight areas and rarely lost the ball under pressure. 

It’s another real shame and one player of few I don’t really blame for our scenario. Would’ve liked to see him in a high flying Hearts at the top end of the SPL. 

gowestjambo
2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

It’s a bit sketchy now but was Washington not injured twice in quick succession? (He’ll get branded injury prone now👀). I remember him breaking down right in front of me at the Gorgie stand after he stretched for a ball over the top. His hammy pinged. I think that was the second injury?

How anyone can’t see he was a good player is beyond me, and as pointed out, he always gave 100.  Early on he gave Motherwell the run around in the cup win. It was clear his strengths were holding the play up and pulling out wide to stretch defences. 

Not long after the injuries came.  Good close control in tight areas and rarely lost the ball under pressure. 

It’s another real shame and one player of few I don’t really blame for our scenario. Would’ve liked to see him in a high flying Hearts at the top end of the SPL. 

I agree with your assessment, but we seem to have a habit of signing Strikers who dont score goals. He reminds me of Stephen Elliott. At the time when we signed him, we were crying out for a goal scorer. He has never been prolific, but do we need the luxury of what he brings to the team?

47 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

A trial how though? How do you trial a player with no training sessions or behind closed doors games?

No idea .. but RN got to cast an eye over him 

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

:greggy: I smell shite here.

10 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

🤮🤢 you dont post much bud nor pay JKB subs soooo I am gonna play the law of averages with your ITK Hearts knowledge 🤪

BackOfTheNet
15 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

Any manager who casts an eye over a player without seeing him in competitive training or in a match scenario hasn’t cast an eye over a player at all. Unless as said previously he watched a YouTube video. Just doesn’t add up mate.

2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Any news on Hickey? 

Bologna quoted in today's papers saying they are confident he will sign for £2M

2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I have no idea, sorry. If he is as good as they think he would be, I hope we do still sign.

Cheers JiG. Hadn’t heard anything for a while, wondered if there was any progress.

tolcross lad
17 minutes ago, lou said:

On a loan to buy it said.How does that work?

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

I'm still wondering who the ex players that were going to play for us for nothing or next to nothing?

Dikamona,Nicholson and Larry Kingston:robboyas:

Italian Lambretta
54 minutes ago, lou said:

Cheers 👍

Italian Lambretta
38 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Hopefully they've found a way of doing a deal and not giving sellick any cut they might be due. 

fabienleclerq
43 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

I assume they pay a loan fee and loan him for a season then are obligated to buy him for an agreed price at the end of that period. 

Footballfirst
4 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Any word on “Max” @Footballfirst or @jamboinglasgow. Or has that ship sailed?

He was definitely a Levein target. However, there were always going to be issues signing him as he was from outside the EU and under 18.  He was 18 in May and we are now outside the EU so I don't know how it was left.

My instinct suggests that we may have seen the last of him, but until the younger lads return to training we are all in the dark. 

18 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

I know i will probably get ripped for thus but wtf is it with Hearts and not going after proven goalscorers.I will give credit for Boyce but other than that over the years it looks like we give priority for everything else in a forward above actual goals.Yes my post is - I am a little pissed at Nisbet scoring a hattrick today and yes im a little drunk from being in the garden all day so forgive me if I am well off the mark.

That's the difference between them and us. They signed McGinn, we signed Callaghan. They sign Nisbet, we signed Wighton. Plenty more examples. Yes we've signed a couple of decent forwards like Boyce, Lafferty and Naismith. Experienced forwards, not potential though. There will be many others we lose out on to Hibs and Aberdeen as our scouting is very poor generally. I can think of a few players who could do a job but we'd be more likely to sign journeymen like Calum Butcher etc. with little to no sell-on value. Gone are the days we signed promising young players like Cameron, McCann, Hamilton etc. Sad state of affairs.

1 hour ago, Hendolad said:

I'm still wondering who the ex players that were going to play for us for nothing or next to nothing?

JJ was one. He's also registered as a player, just incase.

1 hour ago, lou said:

If that has a grain of truth, £2m would be amazing business.

fabienleclerq
18 minutes ago, jambonian said:

That's the difference between them and us. They signed McGinn, we signed Callaghan. They sign Nisbet, we signed Wighton. Plenty more examples. Yes we've signed a couple of decent forwards like Boyce, Lafferty and Naismith. Experienced forwards, not potential though. There will be many others we lose out on to Hibs and Aberdeen as our scouting is very poor generally. I can think of a few players who could do a job but we'd be more likely to sign journeymen like Calum Butcher etc. with little to no sell-on value. Gone are the days we signed promising young players like Cameron, McCann, Hamilton etc. Sad state of affairs.

Im not having it that it's our scouting. Every man and their dug knew about shankland and we didn't sign him. Mcginn was playing for St mirren and Nisbet well known as well. 

10 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Im not having it that it's our scouting. Every man and their dug knew about shankland and we didn't sign him. Mcginn was playing for St mirren and Nisbet well known as well. 

Whatever it is, we have been losing out on decent players who went on to sign for the likes of Hibs and others if they are well known or not. I know we can't sign everyone but a few too many have ended up at Hibs or Aberdeen these last few years.

A small difference, but it was reported as €2m for Hickey, equivalent to about £1.8m.

Edited by DC_92

fabienleclerq
2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Whatever it is, we have been losing out on decent players who went on to sign for the likes of Hibs and others if they are well known or not. I know we can't sign everyone but a few too many have ended up at Hibs or Aberdeen these last few years.

I absolutely agree, I don't think it was the scouting just those deciding on what options to pursue. 

16 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

It’s either the scouting or the decision making but we have always missed out on decent players. It’s not the players we’ve missed out on as there are still plenty good players out there, we just don’t seem to get enough. 

Leveins Battalion

Was there not some rumour as to CL only using certain agents?

This is how we have ended up with so much gunk imo.

Auld Reekin'
3 hours ago, Willie Hamilton genius said:

Who is "Max"?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFxwheXp5ZzGYBQHqjOJw

59 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

He was definitely a Levein target. However, there were always going to be issues signing him as he was from outside the EU and under 18.  He was 18 in May and we are now outside the EU so I don't know how it was left.

My instinct suggests that we may have seen the last of him, but until the younger lads return to training we are all in the dark. 

Cheers. Appreciate it.

john thomas
29 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Possibly not great examples . Every man and their dug [apart from DU] didn't want to take a chance on Shankland .

McGinn was another odd one , nobody really wanted him either apart from hibs .

We were interested in Nisbet but not so easy to attract players when you've been demoted .

We seem to have struggled to find a prolific goalscorer since JR

40 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Possibly not great examples . Every man and their dug [apart from DU] didn't want to take a chance on Shankland .

McGinn was another odd one , nobody really wanted him either apart from hibs .

We were interested in Nisbet but not so easy to attract players when you've been demoted .

We seem to have struggled to find a prolific goalscorer since JR

Give him the service and Boyce will score goals.

6 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Give him the service and Boyce will score goals.

This. Boyce has scored lots of goals everywhere he’s been.

2 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

I assume they pay a loan fee and loan him for a season then are obligated to buy him for an agreed price at the end of that period. 

Only problems is he's out of contract at the end of the season so the fee would only need to be a development fee.

2m  loan fee for the season please (assume Celtic get hee haw of that?)

1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

A small difference, but it was reported as €2m for Hickey, equivalent to about £1.8m.

So £1.25m for us. 

Neilson took a chance on Shankland at United though, so maybe more likely we will see signings like this in the future.  No too sure about the rest of the signings he made at Utd right enough.. Pawlett, Connolly, Butcher, Sow not exactly young with potential 

7 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Only problems is he's out of contract at the end of the season so the fee would only need to be a development fee.

2m  loan fee for the season please (assume Celtic get hee haw of that?)

Potentially that’s how we get round Celtics 30%. Not sure if it’s legal though a €1.5m loan fee then a €0.5m sale after a year would really hack them off. They end up with £150k 

4 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

I agree with your assessment, but we seem to have a habit of signing Strikers who dont score goals. He reminds me of Stephen Elliott. At the time when we signed him, we were crying out for a goal scorer. He has never been prolific, but do we need the luxury of what he brings to the team?

I think we need alot mate. We could do with a Washington type, a decent finisher but more importantly, a strong midfield and wide men knitting it together. 

It’s somewhat became an obsession for Hearts fans to go on about a 20 a season man but our problems lie deeper than that imo.  We had Lafferty recently who got 12 in a league campaign and around 19 overall. We finished 6th.

We need a stronger force coming from behind our forwards. Better play through the full backs and midfielders. We’ve been too weak there, whether that’s been down to the way we were set up or personnel.  

Im not getting into a slanging match over players. I just feel there’s a few who get lauded but simply aren’t good enough. We’re now seeing some leave whether through choice or circumstance.  

2 hours ago, Hendolad said:

was it before Gordon signed - if so him

Temps?

Clevid before he signed for Killie?

The White Cockade
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

JJ was one. He's also registered as a player, just incase.

Good news 

Would steady the back four

😀

tolcross lad
2 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

It seems an unusual way to go about things.Some posters suggesting it could be a way to cutting Celtics 30% sell on.If this was the case many clubs would attempt this.It would also cause ructions between clubs and undermine the whole sell on transfer business?

I'm sure Nisbet said himself that Hearts offered more than Hibs, but he wanted to go to his boyhood heroes.

With McGinn, there was a 6 figure development fee and only Hibs were prepared to take the gamble.

2 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

It seems an unusual way to go about things.Some posters suggesting it could be a way to cutting Celtics 30% sell on.If this was the case many clubs would attempt this.It would also cause ructions between clubs and undermine the whole sell on transfer business?

Would be really funny though :D

kingantti1874
38 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

This. Boyce has scored lots of goals everywhere he’s been.

playing him up front and not in central midfield will help lol. A huge mistake by stendel