Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Weakened Offender
8 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

He was a victim of how the game is played up here. He likes to run the channels and make space by dragging players away. Most clubs up here sit in solid and don’t let you run behind or in between them. There’s very little space in the last third so unless your a real class above or your very quick and/or very strong it’s difficult for even a decent player to hit double figures up here.

Loads of strikers hit double figures and it certainly wasn't hard to run the channels against us last season. 

Washington was gash. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, ooh-aah-cantona said:

Callumn Morrison free to talk to other clubs.

Seemingly considering a deal from Stirling Albion and that’s also the chat on the Stirling Pie and Bovril thread.

Not good enough for Hearts imo and got more than enough opportunities.

15 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Didn’t know that, still not value for money I’m afraid.

Its all subjective on what is value ... fans he helped may value him different.  He is also our "scout" in Slovakia if we want a player watched, but he hasnt been used for quite a number of years sadly

Captain Canada

I think it's best for Morrison if he goes somewhere he can play every week. He always seemed to have a great attitude but his crossing let him down. 

Rick Sanchez
9 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Whilst i would be happy with O'Donnell i hope the days of 4 year deals are well and truly over!!!

:laugh:

I'd be looking to secure the position for a few years and possibly make a fee.

It may just be me but I get the feeling Smith doesn't want to be here. You'll never meet a more model pro who has given everything he's got but I just get those vibes.

Could be wrong. Would still be happy for him to stay.

8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You're the one who's doing the waffling having a wee discussion with yourself.  My comment was that JJ and RN also signed dross which has been amply proved by other posters' contributions.  You're waffling on about what JJ sold his signings for and I have never claimed otherwise but still you rabbit on only for the purpose of trying to score points and, as usual, dismally failing.  I shall try and do this in baby steps for you.  I think every manager, or nearly every manager, will sign players who turn out to be poor signings and that applies to CL, JJ,  RN and even Sir A F.  Is that clear enough for you?

As usual you were trying to deflect away from Levein’s horrendous signings and ridiculous long term contracts for absolute dross. That was clear enough!

Captain Canada

Smith could easily play in the English Championship and do well. He could also earn a lot more money down there so I wouldn't blame him if he goes. He's been so consistent for us and a great example of a player who gives his all every week and never hides. 

It probably makes sense to sell him for a fee now given we're dropping down a league and income will be reduced. 

Edited by Captain Canada

Vlad the impaler

Anyone who thinks we’ll get O’Donnell whilst in this league give me some of what you’re on! I see it’s reported that we’re getting a 5 figure sum for Washington🙄,who’s negotiating these paltry fees on our behalf?Budge?

1 minute ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Anyone who thinks we’ll get O’Donnell whilst in this league give me some of what you’re on! I see it’s reported that we’re getting a 5 figure sum for Washington🙄,who’s negotiating these paltry fees on our behalf?Budge?

Salary savings are more important. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Vlad the impaler said:

if we offer enough money he will. It’s only a job at the end of the day.  If he can get £2k in prem and we give him £3k he would sign.. it’s not like atmosphere or exposure will be hugely different this season. 

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

I don't think O'Donnell is any better than Gordon, Souttar, Naismith or Boyce who are happy to stay. If he wants to stay in Scotland then we're a bigger club with bigger wages than most, even in the championship.

McCulloch could be in his ear aswell. Unlikely but not impossible.

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Halliday?

Hope not, how he lasted at Rangers for so long I dont know. 

Vlad the impaler
7 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I don't think O'Donnell is any better than Gordon, Souttar, Naismith or Boyce who are happy to stay. If he wants to stay in Scotland then we're a bigger club with bigger wages than most, even in the championship.

McCulloch could be in his ear aswell. Unlikely but not impossible.

I think his main reason for leaving Killie was to try down south again,he’s clearly had clubs offer him

Deals and turned them

down. I would be shocked if he thought his next move would be us in the championship,and even more shocked if we thought his wage demands should be used on a right back🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Vlad the impaler

Harry Potter
On 04/07/2020 at 11:17, GinRummy said:

‘Damour’s Dodgy Dithering’ is a good name change for SRB. At least we know Damour will be here for a while because nobody else will take him ☹️

Dithering, good scottish word 🙂.

16 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

As usual you were trying to deflect away from Levein’s horrendous signings and ridiculous long term contracts for absolute dross. That was clear enough!

As usual you try to deflect everything bad towards CL.  He made some poor signings but so does every manager.  I do not recall, however CL making such a relatively expensive signing as Petric (was that a record at the time?) and getting litlle or nothing back for him.  I repeat all, or nearly all, managers make signings who turn out to be dross.  That was clear enpugh to all reasonable unobsessed observers.  RN made a few poor ones as well.

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, ooh-aah-cantona said:

Callumn Morrison free to talk to other clubs.

Seemingly considering a deal from Stirling Albion and that’s also the chat on the Stirling Pie and Bovril thread.

Best move for him IMO.  I thought he looked an exciting prospect when he first broke into the first team but as the weeks went on he just became more and more underwhelming.  Applied himself but his crossing was rank rotten.  

Captain Canada

On the subject of transfer fees, we're not in a strong negotiating position. We want high earners away and cash coming in. I think Clare's fee was about right and Washington was a free so anything we get is a bonus. A five figure fee for him is about right too when you look at the last 4 or 5 seasons he's had.

The squad Neilson took over is pretty poor in terms of balance and quality so it makes sense that he wants to free up space for his own signings as quickly as possible. 

45 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Whilst i would be happy with O'Donnell i hope the days of 4 year deals are well and truly over!!!

I think we have been stung with longer deals because our recruitment has been so weak. We improve that and longer contracts could make more sense and more money. Whenever we sign someone that excites me I always feel that one good season and they will be away. 
We would need to prove that our recruitment has improved before doing this though. 

Edited by Ranga82

20 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Ever since O'Donnell sat in a BBC studio alongside Robbie a few weeks ago, I was convinced the two had talked and it was happening, I reckon it all hinges on Smith though. Would be a great bit of business, and a clear message that we are still a player in the market.

10 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Hopefully Damour and Uche next out the door.

Hope so .. but will clubs take them on at our wages.  

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Depends on your definition of better.

Players who will actually play and contribute rather than sit in the medical room for most of the season?

Players who want to be here and see the privilege it is to wear the Hearts strip?

Players who are not scared to play at Tynecastle the 1st time they get a bit stick for falling over a ball?

Players who wont bankrupt the club?

Maybe a striker that will score?

Like I say none of the squad from last season will be missed and if they want to stay they have a hell of a lot of making up to do!

Doesn't answer my questions in any way 

We are losing good players if we replace with same quality , or better , I'll be delighted (and surprised)

Otherwise , particularly in the semi , these players will be missed

Rick Sanchez
12 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

I think his main reason for leaving Killie was to try down south again,he’s clearly had clubs offer him

Deals and turned them

down. I would be shocked if he thought his next move would be us in the championship,and even more shocked if we thought his wage demands should be used on a right back🤷🏻‍♂️

If he doesn't get a championship club then he better find a club quick if he wants to avoid a wage cap. Surprised he turned down Oxford as I'm sure that's why Clare moved quickly.

Leveins Battalion
Just now, johnthomas said:
2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Depends on your definition of better.

Players who will actually play and contribute rather than sit in the medical room for most of the season?

Players who want to be here and see the privilege it is to wear the Hearts strip?

Players who are not scared to play at Tynecastle the 1st time they get a bit stick for falling over a ball?

Players who wont bankrupt the club?

Maybe a striker that will score?

Like I say none of the squad from last season will be missed and if they want to stay they have a hell of a lot of making up to do!

Doesn't answer my questions in any way 

We are losing good players if we replace with same quality , or better , I'll be delighted (and surprised)

Otherwise , particularly in the semi , these players will be missed

Answers your question in numerous ways.

In what way better?Technical?Mental?Effort?

We are losing players that the majority of us watched last season and the previous season and most of us

and Neilson/JJ feel it is right that they go.

I'm sure if you asked 100 Jambos 99 would say Gomis was a better signing than Clare.

Gomis signed in the Championship.

Likewise i am sure most would say Sow was a better signing (for us) than Washington.

10 hours ago, Rods said:

Washington is not a bad footballer just did not suit scottish football or Hearts for that matter. Chalk him up to another failed Levien experiment.

It was hardly an "experiment" signing an international that has played at a good level in England. Levein made plenty shocking experiment signings but Washington surely cannot be classed as one of them

His injury didn't help and hasn't had much of an opportunity to prove himself. Was actually just starting to come into a bit of form when he came back

Haringshairband

I'm not bothered about trying to bring in a team full of superstars, what I want first and foremost is a team that fights for each other, a team that would actually be ashamed to finish bottom of the league below Hamilton and St Midden, we can then add flair wherever needed.

Vlad the impaler

If we were looking to get a defender in I’d like us to try our hand for Bates as a long term replacement for Berra. If we could get him he can also cover right back

BackOfTheNet
49 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

You tease!

It was an error, he posted it here when it was meant to be a text to the wife...

26 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Dithering, good scottish word 🙂.

Forgot about that post. Wonder if SRB has thought up a new moniker yet.

Pasquale for King
59 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

Its all subjective on what is value ... fans he helped may value him different.  He is also our "scout" in Slovakia if we want a player watched, but he hasnt been used for quite a number of years sadly

£500k for 49 appearances and left for nothing, on top of probably the same again in wages isn’t value for money in anyone’s book I’m afraid, apart from yours obviously. 

hmfc_liam06
3 minutes ago, Jamos86 said:

Hearing Stephen Kingsley 

Your hearing is good :thumbsup:

Edited by hmfc_liam06

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

I'm not bothered about trying to bring in a team full of superstars, what I want first and foremost is a team that fights for each other, a team that would actually be ashamed to finish bottom of the league below Hamilton and St Midden, we can then add flair wherever needed.

Exactly ! We've got some good players but they only play as individuals and not as a team

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Forgot about that post. Wonder if SRB has thought up a new moniker yet.

David Gray’s Heid?

(just kidding, before it all kicks off again)

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Hope not. Incredibly injury prone. 

He is,good player though and only 25.

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

He is,good player though and only 25.

Can’t deny his talent but has real problems with his hip. 

Both of Kingsley and O’Donnell have been capped and played in much better teams than ours of last year.
Facing a year in the Championship and the likely event that our two best players of last year are away, signing players of this calibre to replace them (on top of Craig Gordon) would be much better than I’d have imagined.

Appreciate it’s all just speculation.