Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Ainsley Harriott
38 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

why would we do that? Absolutely perfect for the championship. Dundee’s best player by an absolute mile.

Because he was our worst player over the last couple of seasons.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

11 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

That’s fair enough, I still think it’s time to move him on.

Kind of agree, but likelihood is he'd go to Dundee or that sort. He did well there, so being pragmatic I'd keep him for this season, rather than strengthen (I know!) a competitor. At championship level he's still a player. I reckon he'd be fine lower premiership too.

Clerry Jambo
1 hour ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Yeah, wasnt impressed with him at all last season, not just his 'performances ' on the park, but the allegedly buggering off from training asap and showing no leadership or responsibility whatsoever. 

Sadly, Robbie seems to rate him & Walker.

Whether he can get a tune out of them is another matter 

Robbie knows a player..........

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

why would we do that? Absolutely perfect for the championship. Dundee’s best player by an absolute mile.

Because he's so slow - watching him v Hibs after Xmas was painful all he does is hoof it up the pitch when he's not being outrun by average whippets 

Kenneth Dubeke
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It is a shame, even more so as he put his body on the line to prevent a Celtic goal. He's probably on a decent wage but it'd be nice to see him get a decent cheerio at the end of this season.

Real shame. He was outstanding before his injury. A really good guy. 

33 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Because he's so slow - watching him v Hibs after Xmas was painful all he does is hoof it up the pitch when he's not being outrun by average whippets 

He might be slow. But he’s currently our quickest centre half!

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Yeah, wasnt impressed with him at all last season, not just his 'performances ' on the park, but the allegedly buggering off from training asap and showing no leadership or responsibility whatsoever. 

Sadly, Robbie seems to rate him & Walker.

Whether he can get a tune out of them is another matter 

Would put money on Berra and Walker being two of our best players this season.

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Would put money on Berra and Walker being two of our best players this season.

I genuinely do hope they have great seasons as we need them to. But if players with the abilities of Naismith, Boyce, Smith, Gordon and Haring can’t play better than them this season I’d be worried.

1 hour ago, rory78 said:

I’m sure this got debunked when the details from fitness testing did the rounds and he had one of the highest top speeds in the squad. 

heartsfc_fan

Berra will be fine in the championship. Our nearest rivals are Dundee and Inverness ffs.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I genuinely do hope they have great seasons as we need them to. But if players with the abilities of Naismith, Boyce, Smith, Gordon and Haring can’t play better than them this season I’d be worried.

If fit I predict 14 goals minimum for Walker and Berra will be a rock if he's picked.

6 minutes ago, Dayman said:

I’m sure this got debunked when the details from fitness testing did the rounds and he had one of the highest top speeds in the squad. 

Doubt that he's now a carthorse and hoofs it all the time

7 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Doubt that he's now a carthorse and hoofs it all the time

I think it’s his acceleration is woeful, but his top speed is pretty good. 

BackOfTheNet
14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If fit I predict 14 goals minimum for Walker and Berra will be a rock if he's picked.

Here’s hoping but I fear the two of them have had their best years behind them, even at this level.

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Please tell me that we’re trying our hardest to get Berra off the payroll?

You having a dig at Berra?

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Here’s hoping but I fear the two of them have had their best years behind them, even at this level.

There’s no doubt Berra’s best years are behind him. Anyone thinking he’s anything other than slow is kidding themselves on. Who cares about his top speed, he’s not an 800 metres athlete. He done well at Dundee though so I think he’ll do ok. The semi against hibs is a different story. 

BackOfTheNet

Tell you what though, if he is part of the squad “Skip” needs to be more skipper like. Too many times when we went behind he would just walk with his head down. No passion, no trying to get the players focused and certainly no arm around the shoulders of those who may have made an error, that was all left to his teammates.

(To be clear I’m referring to Berra, just seen Naismith referred to as Skip on Instagram - I take it Berra isn’t taking back the captaincy)

Edited by BackOfTheNet
Clarification

The Future's Maroon

I predict a min six goals from Berra this season, 10+ from Jamie.

If both stay of course, which I would be happy about.

We all have our personal opinions though.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Fine in the Championship doesn't sound like a progressive thing to me.

I'd get shot, since next year fine in the Championship would not be fine 

12 hours ago, JamboAl said:

As usual you try to deflect everything bad towards CL.  He made some poor signings but so does every manager.  I do not recall, however CL making such a relatively expensive signing as Petric (was that a record at the time?) and getting litlle or nothing back for him.  I repeat all, or nearly all, managers make signings who turn out to be dross.  That was clear enpugh to all reasonable unobsessed observers.  RN made a few poor ones as well.

Hilarious opening statement from you considering you constantly try to deflect Levein’s horrendous tenure at Hearts! 😂

5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

don’t think they will be on 4/5k pw now.. think (hope) most had a relegation clause

Still be on a substantial wage. If it’s a 20% cut it means they are on £3/4K pw which is upper end in league 1 now. 

4 hours ago, CJGJ said:

You got it wrong so just admit it...you were told a few days ago it was for next season and told us that was wrong

Is this a fake news report for no one else can seem to find this at 2.30pm ?

How many looked for it? Hope you spent hours searching the internet. I did say i heard it on the radio. 
The cap hasn’t even been finally ratified yet, it’s going to arbitration. 

Followed a BMW 440 from Newcastle up the A1 tonight with plate number RO55 MCO

Ross McCormack???

Tennant's  6's
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'd love that to be true, I just can't see it happening. 

I think that for those that remain,  it will be a make or break season for a lot of them.

I have more expectations that Irving, MacDonald & maybe Connor Smith could really shine this upcoming season.

3 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Ross McCormack???

that’s Ross Meyer Cohen the Danderhall diamond dealers car mate. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

How many looked for it? Hope you spent hours searching the internet. I did say i heard it on the radio. 
The cap hasn’t even been finally ratified yet, it’s going to arbitration. 

I think you heard something..not what you think but something

Oh and it is in place and it has been ratified..how much more do you want to be proved wrong

PFA etc may demand change but it is 'law' as it stands and whilst it may change in the future that is the position today

kingantti1874
43 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Fine in the Championship doesn't sound like a progressive thing to me.

I'd get shot, since next year fine in the Championship would not be fine 

There won’t be a better defender I. The championship full stop.. let’s be honest, we won’t be dealing with teams trying to beat us with skill and trickery.  It will be an aerial bombardment.. and Christophe proved last season with Dundee he is utterly dominant in that league.

you to deal with the right now, spent far too long playing for a future which never comes .. beat what’s in front of you, worry about the SPL when we are in it.

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I think you heard something..not what you think but something

Oh and it is in place and it has been ratified..how much more do you want to be proved wrong

PFA etc may demand change but it is 'law' as it stands and whilst it may change in the future that is the position today

Interesting. The PFA’s view is that the cap is unlawful and unenforceable. Time will tell. 

30 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Ross McCormack???

Managed to get out his gates then 🙄

23 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Interesting. The PFA’s view is that the cap is unlawful and unenforceable. Time will tell. 

I've noticed that they have requested this thing called arbitration. PFAs complaint is that they weren't properly consulted and the process was rushed through. All sounds familiar

Pasquale for King
50 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Hilarious opening statement from you considering you constantly try to deflect Levein’s horrendous tenure at Hearts! 😂

Considering it was Levein that let him go for nothing instead of trying to sell him 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈

Batistuta87
59 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Ross McCormack???

The Range Rover he crashed and ran away from was R44 MCC. Will likely have more than one car of course but MCO wouldn't be his name it would be MC. 

But aye, if it was him then hopefully he was heading nowhere near Hearts. 

33 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Considering it was Levein that let him go for nothing instead of trying to sell him 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈

Stand by - Al will bounce back on that shortly! 😉

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I predict a min six goals from Berra this season, 10+ from Jamie.

If both stay of course, which I would be happy about.

We all have our personal opinions though.

Depends on how you count them, if you add in own goals maybe. He’s only scored 10 goals in 216 appearances for us, only one more header than Djoum I think. He’s Hibs top goal scorer against us at ER in the last two years 😱😆🙈

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I know I shouldn’t have jumped in, should’ve left you to it 😜

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

The Range Rover he crashed and ran away from was R44 MCC. Will likely have more than one car of course but MCO wouldn't be his name it would be MC. 

But aye, if it was him then hopefully he was heading nowhere near Hearts. 

Hibs hopefully 

Pasquale for King
50 minutes ago, bazman said:

I've noticed that they have requested this thing called arbitration. PFAs complaint is that they weren't properly consulted and the process was rushed through. All sounds familiar

The EFL have been accused of this a few times by quite a few people these last few months. Salary cap seems to work in the NFL, Rugby etc but there’s not as many clubs or players in those sports. 

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

There's nothing more hilarious than your stupid biased posts.

Have a lie down.

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hibs hopefully 

"Not Hearts" is good enough for me 😂 - he is an absolute wallopper.

22 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Stand by - Crookie will be playing the man again instead of the ball.  It's eerie his obsession with my posts.  Really really creepy.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

"Not Hearts" is good enough for me 😂 - he is an absolute wallopper.

Good player though, when he fancies it obviously. A Celtic fan who played for Rangers, confused.com.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

There's nothing more hilarious than your stupid biased posts.

Have a lie down.

Ageist.

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

There won’t be a better defender I. The championship full stop.. let’s be honest, we won’t be dealing with teams trying to beat us with skill and trickery.  It will be an aerial bombardment.. and Christophe proved last season with Dundee he is utterly dominant in that league.

you to deal with the right now, spent far too long playing for a future which never comes .. beat what’s in front of you, worry about the SPL when we are in it.

bravo . Well said

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Were we showered with huge offers?

If we were, then CL was definitely wrong.  If it was the only way we could get rid of him so be it.

The point was, he was a disastrous signing and you and your tag team mate Crookie need to acknowledge that and front up instead of trying to demean others unnecessarily.  As I said (nearly) ALL managers make signings that turn out to be poor.  Instead of trying to be a smart a*se please say whether you agree or not.