Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Best line up:

Gordon

Smith        Halkett           Popescu         Kingsley 

Irving             Haring

Ginnelly               Walker               Roberts

Boyce/Nais

Decent. I do think the 4-2-3-1 shape suits us. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

23 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Best line up:

Gordon

Boyce/Nais

Salivating over this line-up once all are fit and up to speed.

28 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Best line up:

Gordon

Boyce/Nais

agree with this.

Leveins Battalion
29 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Best line up:

Gordon

Boyce/Nais

That is as good as any team outwith the Old Firm IMO.

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Best line up:

Gordon

Boyce/Nais

I could  go with that no problem. 

I'd put Lee in for Irving atm, especially if Haring is playing, allows Lee to go further up the park. 

38 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Best line up:

Gordon

Boyce/Nais

I suspect Halliday or Lee will start before Haring until we are well into the season. Haring will be used very sparingly until fully fit and then fully match fit. After a year and a half out, that takes more than a couple of cameo's in pre-season and some Betfred Cup subs appearances.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, cb1874 said:

I suspect Halliday or Lee will start before Haring until we are well into the season. Haring will be used very sparingly until fully fit and then fully match fit. After a year and a half out, that takes more than a couple of cameo's in pre-season and some Betfred Cup subs appearances.

It does. Would be Halliday for me, not Lee. But Haring is the best choice when everyone’s fully fit

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It does. Would be Halliday for me, not Lee. But Haring is the best choice when everyone’s fully fit

I agree. Halliday gives more aggression and drive in midfield. 

While I’m disappointed we didn’t move Wighton and Damour on in the transfer window, I’m heartened by how positive the squad seems to be about the new management team. 
Players seem happy and enjoying themselves -the polar opposite of what was happening under Levein. 
A happy squad are far more likely to sign new contracts. 

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Agreed, Halliday gives a bit more in terms of the stuff fans want to see...like passion, dig and urgency...and clearly, he can play a bit. At times, Lee just frustrates with the pace of his game. There's no doubt he has talent and can spray passes, and has a great strike on him, but we see that far too infrequently.

I think haring would be a first pick for most of us....when he's fit.

Just now, cb1874 said:

Agreed, Halliday gives a bit more in terms of the stuff fans want to see...like passion, dig and urgency...and clearly, he can play a bit. At times, Lee just frustrates with the pace of his game. There's no doubt he has talent and can spray passes, and has a great strike on him, but we see that far too infrequently.

I think haring would be a first pick for most of us....when he's fit.

Haring can pick out a nice pass so him and Halliday together in central midfield might work ok. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Haring can pick out a nice pass so him and Halliday together in central midfield might work ok. 

Don't think anyone would disagree.

56 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Best line up:

Gordon

Boyce/Nais

Decent team, but vulnerable to long balls

2 minutes ago, brux said:

Decent team, but vulnerable to long balls

Halkett may leak the odd chance for the opposition, thankfully we've got Gordon in net

Clerry Jambo

We will need guys like Halliday when we are away at these smaller stadiums and it will be about winning your tackles and first ball.

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

To be honest, if that team highlights the one thing we need, it’s another option on the left wing.

Frear?

Howdy Doody Jambo
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Best line up:

Gordon

Boyce/Nais

I'd go with a bit more dig in Halliday instead of Roberts or Ginnelly

Think it's mentality that has been missing in some of these players for too long. Easy life of picking up wages and not bothering. Sounds like Neilson has got them enjoying their football again so hopefully they turn the sleeves up and fight for the jersey this season. 

Ronald Villiers
8 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Best line up:

Gordon

Boyce/Nais

This.  Looking forward to seeing them once they gel and are fully fit.  Unleash them on the vermin on the 31st.  Apparently none of our players would make their first team...or their bench!  I love when they're cocky going into a derby.

Hectormasson
10 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

This.  Looking forward to seeing them once they gel and are fully fit.  Unleash them on the vermin on the 31st.  Apparently none of our players would make their first team...or their bench!  I love when they're cocky going into a derby.

The vermin only beat us when we're absolutely totally shite,  thank f....k its no too often,,,,🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦😄😄😄

Ronald Villiers

Hector, I've supported Hearts for over 40 years and can count on one hand when they've had a better season than us.  They seem to get the odd win against us when they're overwhelming underdogs, usually at Fester Road.  Apart from that we usually tear them a new one....even when we're playing crap.  They deluded losers, it's in their DNA.

BackOfTheNet

I know a few people indicated earlier in this thread they’d like O’Donnell and some even think he’ll sigh when his contract with Motherwell expires in January. Proved again tonight he’s a heap of a huddy. One of the worst players to get so many caps for the national team.

Hungry hippo
9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I know a few people indicated earlier in this thread they’d like O’Donnell and some even think he’ll sigh when his contract with Motherwell expires in January. Proved again tonight he’s a heap of a huddy. One of the worst players to get so many caps for the national team.

He's not an international but if Smith was leaving us I wouldn't mind him at Hearts.

kingantti1874
9 hours ago, Ronald Villiers said:

none of our players would make their squad 😂

Absolute rockets with incredibly short memories.. 

Ronald Villiers
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

none of our players would make their squad 😂

Absolute rockets with incredibly short memories.. 

I know, they're a bunch of deluded, bitter ****wits.  Apparently we're 'living outwith our means aswell'.  They'll make any crap up in order to dull their pain.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I know a lot of people aren’t keen but my view remains that I’d rather play 3-4-3 to get more attacking players on the pitch this season: 

We don’t need to go full Stendel but as it stands our attacking part of the squad is stronger than our defensive side and we should shake formation around that IMO

1 hour ago, Ronald Villiers said:

I know, they're a bunch of deluded, bitter ****wits.  Apparently we're 'living outwith our means aswell'.  They'll make any crap up in order to dull their pain.

This old chestnut, eh? Getting their excuses in early again. Clearly they are shitting themselves. 😎

11 hours ago, Ronald Villiers said:

He won’t play 2 wingers in derby 

Halliday will definitely be playing in that guaranteed 

On 08/10/2020 at 09:08, KyleLafferty said:

I don’t think anyone is saying Naismith is shite? Think everyone can agree his form has been poor for a very long time now. And the fact the Robbie is going to have a choice of playing Naismith or Walker in that 10 role. And put roberts on the left. If you can’t see Naismith has been very poor for a long time then wow.

Naismith is the first name on the team sheet when fit 

59 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I know a lot of people aren’t keen but my view remains that I’d rather play 3-4-3 to get more attacking players on the pitch this season: 

We don’t need to go full Stendel but as it stands our attacking part of the squad is stronger than our defensive side and we should shake formation around that IMO

Who was it that said: "we are Hearts and we fear no-one"? ^_^

We should have the confidence to be on the front foot against every team in our league. Get the attitude right from the first whistle and we should cause some serious damage.

millerjames398
11 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

The vermin only beat us when we're absolutely totally shite,  thank f....k its no too often,,,,🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦😄😄😄

And even then, its hit or miss when we're playin shite, whether they beat us or not😆😆😆🇱🇻

10 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Plays like he’s wearing high heels.  He’s gone backwards over the last two years.  

That said, good guy and hater of Hibs 👍

41 minutes ago, Barack said:

The scent of fear & failure is in their nostrils.

Lose to a Hearts side hardly competitively match fit & in a lower division? In a semi-final...and folk thought we are under pressure...?!

Abso****inglutely. 

We are winning this tie too. They better get used to using that excuse, and maybe come up with some more too.

53 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Abso****inglutely. 

We are winning this tie too. They better get used to using that excuse, and maybe come up with some more too.

It makes shafting them so much more pleasurable when they are full of themselves and over confident. Happens over and over again,  but like the thick clowns they are they never learn. 

Anyway back on track - heard last night we may have a couple of trialists in next week. Anybody else heard anything?

rudi must stay
25 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Anyway back on track - heard last night we may have a couple of trialists in next week. Anybody else heard anything?

Heard it's all gone quiet 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

Plays like he’s wearing high heels.  He’s gone backwards over the last two years.  

That said, good guy and hater of Hibs 👍

Going backwards in high heels?  Ginger Rogers used to do that pretty well.  Maybe he should become a dancer.

18 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Going backwards in high heels?  Ginger Rogers used to do that pretty well.  Maybe he should become a dancer.

:lol:

I love this post. Absolutely love it. All kinds of brilliant. 

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, Ronald Villiers said:

living out with our means, which despite our situation - are greater than theres.. those means 😂

Edited by kingantti1874

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

living out with our means, which despite our situation - are greater than theres.. those means 😂

From a club that has a £4m black hole in its finances, and is looking at a “facility” to keep things ticking over...

🐴⬆️

Berra than you
10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That cannae be serious 

Surely not. Brilliant if it is though 😂

Edited by Berra than you

10 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Obua was on an absolute fortune when at Hearts by the way. Staggering amount of money for a player of his ability. 

probably explains why he's grinning like a Cheshire cat in that pic :)