Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

1 minute ago, ShedBoy said:

Thanks Ben, good luck lad.

Wage freed up 👍🏻

Sums it up.

Seems like a good guy so wish him all the best but makes sense with Kingsley coming in.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not sure where this came from but Popescu hasn’t ever played LB from what I can see, he never uses his left foot. Smith, Brandon, Moore, Halliday and Frear can though. 
No great loss, good luck to him in the future. 

Positive I read he did for St Mirren at some point.

Maybe not...

13 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

All the best to him.  Surprised tbh with Hickey away but mutual consent tells me he’s happy to go

Just means they agreed a deal to go. 

26 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Can see us going for a back three a lot since Smith and Kingsley are both equally comfortable at full back and centre half, halketts best football for Livi was in the middle of a back three as well. Would leave room for the likes of Moore and Frear to play in wide areas as both will get stuck in. Have a feeling Robbie might stick with White for a while too

Moore 🤯🤯🤯🤯

Just now, sadj said:

Moore 🤯🤯🤯🤯

Moore is a work horse which is needed for a wingback, can't see Roberts or Ginnelly putting in defensive shifts

jamboinglasgow
36 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Good luck to him. Another sub standard Levein signing

Was having a look from all the signings we made in the Summer of 2018, with Garuccio gone, how many are still there 2 years later. Of first team signings only the following are still at Hearts:

Olly Lee, Zdenek Zlamal , Colin Doyle (though away on loan and not in the picture), Peter Haring, Steven Naismith andCraig Wighton

Considering we signed 17 players that summer (I am including loan players as Naismith was on loan before it was made permanent) that is a poor that a transfer window with so many players has only 35% still there two years later.

But I like Garuccio as he gave all he can, though he made too many defensive errors.

Just now, BigAlim said:

Moore is a work horse which is needed for a wingback, can't see Roberts or Ginnelly putting in defensive shifts

Thought Roberts looked way off the pace last night , not paid any attention over the summer so dont know if hes up to speed. ICT Ginnelly i thought looked good driving at his man. Cowdenbeath n Raith he seemed to just go into a typical Hearts run at a defender the last few years. Ie. Run , stop , turn back , pass it back. 

Moore is as you say but I just really don’t rate him , He did well for Forfar couple seasons ago but otherwise I just haven’t seen anything from him that makes me think at 22 he’s going to progress.

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Positive I read he did for St Mirren at some point.

Maybe not...

I’ve seen a few folk say it now, must’ve been mentioned somewhere but he’s extremely right sided. We have plenty cover at LB anyway, he will be needed in the centre I think. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Clearly going against the grain here but I'd take White over him any day.  

Both average, probably could do without both. Kingsley is first choice when fully fit and others can play there.  

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Was having a look from all the signings we made in the Summer of 2018, with Garuccio gone, how many are still there 2 years later. Of first team signings only the following are still at Hearts:

Olly Lee, Zdenek Zlamal , Colin Doyle (though away on loan and not in the picture), Peter Haring, Steven Naismith andCraig Wighton

Considering we signed 17 players that summer (I am including loan players as Naismith was on loan before it was made permanent) that is a poor that a transfer window with so many players has only 35% still there two years later.

But I like Garuccio as he gave all he can, though he made too many defensive errors.

The 35% figure means nothing unless you compare it to other teams. 

Do the same for say the 12 top teams, probably remove celtic and then you can say whether 35% is high, low or average. 

Your summary on the transfers from 2 years ago means nothing without that context Tbh. 

It could be we are really low and it shows a high turnover or even the opposite  or that we are about average for a Scottish team or any team for that matter. 

Good luck to Ben, but I thought he was the weakest of our left Defenders so good for us and him. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

20 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Another defender from the Livvy 5-0 game gone. Berra's finished. Just Smith to go. 

Let’s hope not!!!!

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Me too. 

Quite like Garuccio if I'm honest. Was probably on a lesser wage than White and would've been more content to be back up I guess. Assuming Kingsley will be first choice left back when more cover is available at centre half.

1 minute ago, Section Q said:

We've gone from three Aussies to nil.........

Think we've only got Zlamal, Doyle, Haring and Popescu left who don't have a British passport. Must be getting ready for brexit :lol:

been here before
2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Think we've only got Zlamal, Doyle, Haring and Popescu left who don't have a British passport. Must be getting ready for brexit :lol:

Bonjour...

34012451.png.d8909c46fcb662dc3f587f7e1977d669.png

11 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Ireland Act 1946 makes him as British as anyone..

;)

Would like us to sign a RWB tbh. 

Smith Halkett Kingsley,

as a back 3 is the perfect balance imo. 

Frear and White can play Lwb. At Rwb we've only really got Jamie Brandon or Lewis Moore and I couldn't comment on Cammy Logans abilities to play there as he's only played for us a couple of times.

I think that's maybe the weakest area of the squad if we want to play a back 3.

On 13/10/2020 at 10:20, HoGwash said:

Firstly, the main job of a right back is to defend well rather than score goals and secondly, taking penalties well does not change your ability to play right back. 

He never played Right back he played wing back and was told to get forward more where he was very effective. A right backs job is to defend as part of a back 4. Depending on other players in the team a wing back could spend most of his time in oppositions half. 

was on the cards when Kingsley signed that either White or Garuccio would go. We weren't going to have 3 left backs. Not convinced by White but if Robbie rates him that's good enough for me. Maybe it will free up money for another player. Personally Id like to see another out and out striker

1 hour ago, Dia Liom said:

Sorry but have to disagree, Garuccio has had a couple of good  games with a decent delivery into the box, White has done absolutely nothing and find it hard to believe he was highly rated before his injury problems. I would be happy to see both leave and wage spent elsewhere. 

18 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Ben was better than Aidy White. Surprised he's not the one we punted.

Probably couldn't give him away. Hopefully he comes good...

2 hours ago, DC_92 said:

He scored a good free-kick two years ago and had some half-decent crosses but most of the time he looked like he'd never seen a football.

I get the sense I'm in the minority with this, but I think White is the slightly less shite of the two.

Agreed. 

Don’t think any player from the past few seasons could argue at being moved on. Happy to see the likes of Halkett, Smith, Boyce, Naismith etx stay on and try repay us for the shambles that they’ve been a part of. Bobby and Damour out the door and it’s been a very successful transfer window and start to the new Neilson era. 

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

White has been decent in the recent games.

Personally think he has been the exact  opposite in recent games. 

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Bonjour...

Another one that is "currently injured".  Hopefully he can still scooter himself out the door. 

I am abit disappointed about Ben leaving.  Scored an excellent free kick then it went pear shaped with an injury and not getting picked. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Would like us to sign a RWB tbh. 

Smith Halkett Kingsley,

as a back 3 is the perfect balance imo. 

Frear and White can play Lwb. At Rwb we've only really got Jamie Brandon or Lewis Moore and I couldn't comment on Cammy Logans abilities to play there as he's only played for us a couple of times.

I think that's maybe the weakest area of the squad if we want to play a back 3.

Agreed. I’d be looking to play 3 at the back against Hibs in the semi. Smith Halkett Kingsley vs Nisbet and Doidge. Would allow Halkett to be the spare man. Only worry would be our wing backs though. Don’t rate Brandon or White / Frear. Moore could maybe do a decent job though on Boyle

wattie exploited
20 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Another one that is "currently injured".  Hopefully he can still scooter himself out the door. 

:scooter:  :rifle:

6 hours ago, been here before said:

Bonjour...

Swansong, Damour...

Terrible defender. Looked ok when attacking. Pinnacle of his career playing for us and I hope he enjoyed it more than i enjoyed watching him.

8 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Personally think he has been the exact  opposite in recent games. 

Correct. He's been poor so far this season  Still doesn't look fit. Hopefully he'll improve when he does.

2 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Swansong, Damour...

Remarkable to think that alongside Zlamal he is now the last piece of deadwood in the squad. 

You have to give Robbie an enormous amount of credit cut for how quickly he has managed to reconfigure our previously bloated and unbalanced squad.

We now have two players for every position, which is a step forward from the bizarre situation under Levein when we had an entire squad of right backs!!

Gordon - Stewart

Smith - Brandon

Kingsley - White

Halkett - Berra

Popescu - covered by Smith or Kingsley

Irving - Lee

Haring -Halliday

Roberts - Henderson 

Ginnelly - Frear

Walker - Naismith

Boyce -Wighton

We've also managed game time for teenagers in Cochrane, McGill and Logan.