Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

16 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Get Cummings in 

2 things-

1- physically impossible.

2- just naw. We need somebody different to what we have a bit more physical. Somebody in the sow/johnsen mould

4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

You mean Liam Boyce?

No, he'll get more than 7/8.

We'll need someone to deputise for him or play alongside him occasionally. Last time we were in the Championship we had Sow, Zeefuik and Keatings as different options, which looks a fair bit better than what we have now. I can't see Wighton cutting it.

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Midloth_Iain said:

Osman Sow signs 1 year deal with Dundee

Sow and Adams, in their day a potent force. I hope that day has passed. 

We 100% need another striker. Last night proved that. Boyce will score goals but if he gets injured/suspended we will struggle. 

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Sow and Adams, in their day a potent force. I hope that day has passed. 

Thats Dundee's 5th striker they signed. In fact they have made 7 signings this summer/Autumn so 71% of their signings are strikers. They have some good players signed there but seems an odd transfer strategy. 

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Thats Dundee's 5th striker they signed. In fact they have made 7 signings this summer/Autumn so 71% of their signings are strikers. They have some good players signed there but seems an odd transfer strategy. 

Ours is equally as odd......letting 2 strikers go and one of them wasn’t Craig Wighton.

6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

1 goes in for Wighton then plenty will. I'm sure of that 

I hope so, but remember saying that about Wyness back in the day.

7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Ours is equally as odd......letting 2 strikers go and one of them wasn’t Craig Wighton.

You can only let go who agreed to go and if someone else wants them, otherwise it can be almost as expensive as keeping them. 

Would even take a non goalscoring striker who is a bit of a handful. If Boyce isn’t playing then Walker and Naismith in behind will get the goals. Just need anyone who can do a job when called upon. Wighton certainly isn’t it. I doubt Henderson is either

Walker off Naismith with two wingers would be fine. But still worry about Naismiths fitness. 

If we aren’t going to add anyone then Haring or Lee might genuinely be options 

Edited by R1874

Gimme an H...

Is it just me who looks at Naisy and thinks he's finished? Granted he's not fit but I don't think we'll ever see him 'fully fit' again.

He'll maybe contribute in the Championship if he stays fit but beyond that I can't see it.

Desperately need a striker. Boyce will feed off the crosses. Need someone like Washington to make clever runs and create space.

1 hour ago, Gimme an H... said:

Is it just me who looks at Naisy and thinks he's finished? Granted he's not fit but I don't think we'll ever see him 'fully fit' again.

He'll maybe contribute in the Championship if he stays fit but beyond that I can't see it.

Desperately need a striker. Boyce will feed off the crosses. Need someone like Washington to make clever runs and create space.

Finished seems a strong word but I'm on the same line as you, I think our starting 11 would be better without him in it.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, VivaObua said:

Finished seems a strong word but I'm on the same line as you, I think our starting 11 would be better without him in it.

hes not finished, but he shouldn’t be playing as 10 or anywhere else other than up top especially if Walker is playing. If boyce is first pick then Naismith can come on, or we can rotate them.. or if Walker is out he can play in that role.. 

Takeshi kovac
9 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

If Naismith and Walker both start then Naismith has to be the number 9 just can’t see them work together well in a 4231 as they both want to operate in the same areas

Gimme an H...
2 minutes ago, VivaObua said:

Thing is I like him in the starting 11 as he's a leader and makes sure everyone is pulling their weight - but I can't see where he fits in footballing wise. I think we would be better with Walker/Roberts behind Boyce. Much more energy.

26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You can only let go who agreed to go and if someone else wants them, otherwise it can be almost as expensive as keeping them. 

You mean like Damour.

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

hes not finished, but he shouldn’t be playing as 10 or anywhere else other than up top especially if Walker is playing. If boyce is first pick then Naismith can come on, or we can rotate them.. or if Walker is out he can play in that role.. 

Agree.

heartsfc_fan

On a side note, with the squad numbers released we have 27 "first team" players listed (3 of which are goalkeepers).

If we end up getting another striker in that's 25 outfield players. Seems quite high still in my opinion.

With loans still allowed to lower league clubs do we expect the likes or Cochrane or Moore to go out (or Damour if anyone would take him...)

Edited by heartsfc_fan

Naismith hasn't played as many pre season games as some of the others and it showed last night. He will get there though!

5 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

On a side note, with the squad numbers released we have 27 "first team" players listed (3 of which are goalkeepers).

If we end up getting another striker in that's 25 outfield players. Seems quite high still in my opinion.

With loans still allowed to lower league clubs do we expect the likes or Cochrane or Moore to go out (or Damour if anyone would take him...)

It's not looking great for Moore, barely seen him in preseason

4 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Naismith hasn't played as many pre season games as some of the others and it showed last night. He will get there though!

Certainly should be good enough for this season, at least.  

8 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I am sure we will be putting a few more players out on loan once Robbie knows what his final squad is assuming he may still bring someone else in.

As has been mentioned many times there is a large list of players that Robbie may well have moved on had they beena ble to find other clubs or wanted to leave.

We all know the dangers of giving out long contracts. They can sometimes be good but more often than not when you give 4 year deals to players like Damour it is difficult to move them on.

The good news is that there is a list of players whcdih JamboinGlasgow posted earlier showing how many players are out of contract at the end of this season and I would not imagine more than two or three will be offered new ones.

Something worth noting, with the window now shut the following players will be able to sign pre-contracts in the next window and after.

Christophe Berra

Harry Cochrane

Sean Docherty (U18)

Colin Doyle

Ben Garuccio

Andy Irving

Olly Lee

Leeroy Makovora (Reserve)

Ryan Schiavone (U18)

Michael Smith

Harry Stone

Craig Wighton

Aidy White

Zdenek Zlamel

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I am sure we will be putting a few more players out on loan once Robbie knows what his final squad is assuming he may still bring someone else in.

As has been mentioned many times there is a large list of players that Robbie may well have moved on had they beena ble to find other clubs or wanted to leave.

We all know the dangers of giving out long contracts. They can sometimes be good but more often than not when you give 4 year deals to players like Damour it is difficult to move them on.

The good news is that there is a list of players whcdih JamboinGlasgow posted earlier showing how many players are out of contract at the end of this season and I would not imagine more than two or three will be offered new ones.

Something worth noting, with the window now shut the following players will be able to sign pre-contracts in the next window and after.

Christophe Berra

Harry Cochrane

Sean Docherty (U18)

Colin Doyle

Ben Garuccio

Andy Irving

Olly Lee

Leeroy Makovora (Reserve)

Ryan Schiavone (U18)

Michael Smith

Harry Stone

Craig Wighton

Aidy White

Zdenek Zlamel

Hopefully we'll be working on new deals for Irvine, Stone and Smith already.

I expect a few others to be extended but there's scope to wait a bit longer for them.

Hungry hippo
14 minutes ago, number-16 said:

I expect a few others to be extended but there's scope to wait a bit longer for them.

Not ITK but I'll be pleasantly surprised if we can convince Michael Smith to sign another deal.

Niemi’s gloves
15 minutes ago, number-16 said:

Andrew/Andy Irving will know that he has finally made it as a Hearts player when people on here get his name right! Lost count of the number of times “Irvine” appeared in last night’s match thread.

Noticed last night that we didnt have an outball if under pressure in our own half - other than a pass out wide to Ginnelly

We defo need a striker that provides that different dimension IMO - not necessarily the typical type of Levein big lump signing but certainly a "target" man

7 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Not ITK but I'll be pleasantly surprised if we can convince Michael Smith to sign another deal.

He'll be 33 at the start of next season, he's had a pretty injury free career and even though he may lose some pace he's already shown that he's a very good centre half. I think we could entice him with a 3 year deal

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Noticed last night that we didnt have an outball if under pressure in our own half - other than a pass out wide to Ginnelly

We defo need a striker that provides that different dimension IMO - not necessarily the typical type of Levein big lump signing but certainly a "target" man

yep.. have to say I though storey did that very well for ICT.. 

Edited by kingantti1874

9 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

He'll be 33 at the start of next season, he's had a pretty injury free career and even though he may lose some pace he's already shown that he's a very good centre half. I think we could entice him with a 3 year deal

Yeah, he's getting a bit past it to be running up and down the pitch. Probably need to stick him to Centerhalf to get a few more years out of him. 

The problem we had last night was we had 2 number 10's. Neither Walker/Naismith wanted to stay out left which meant there was 3 players in that centre bit. If we had a LW instead of one of those 2 I think it would have been more productive. Saying that we do need a physical presence upfront different from what we have

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, bazman said:

The problem we had last night was we had 2 number 10's. Neither Walker/Naismith wanted to stay out left which meant there was 3 players in that centre bit. If we had a LW instead of one of those 2 I think it would have been more productive. Saying that we do need a physical presence upfront different from what we have

agree, it has to be 2 from 3 from Boyce, Naismith and Walker.. 

52 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Boyce looks like he can hold the ball up tbf.

1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

Naismith is no longer a starter in my opinion.

After one game when he wasn’t as match fit as others?

KyleLafferty
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

After one game when he wasn’t as match fit as others?

This is all my opinion. Even last season, he didn’t offer much at all. Yes he scored a good goal at tynie against rangers. But his overall play for a while has been poor. Shoe horning Walker on the left to fit Naismith in is a bad choice in my opinion, feel Walker can do more with the ball and also finds better positions to pick the ball up.

12 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I'd be surprised if the club captain didn't start most games

He's a very clever player and we'll be  better with him on the pitch. Probably inbetween the Midfield and whoever plays up top.

Wighton is utter pants and simply cannot be relied upon in the absence of Boyce 

Edited by Fun Boaby

15 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I agree. It's been 2 years since he has shown any sort of regular good form. 

1 hour ago, Nathan2012 said:

I see Barry Anderson on Twitter saying there is a reason the number 9 shirt has been left open by Hearts

Probably waiting on a work permit for the American. 

9 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

I'd be surprised if the club captain didn't start most games

He's a very clever player and we'll be  better with him on the pitch. Probably inbetween the Midfield and whoever plays up top.

Wighton is utter pants and simply cannot be relied upon in the absence of Boyce 

He’ll not be fit enough to start most games and starting him because of who he is and the player he once was would be a mistake IMO. He’s got to contribute. Luckily we’re pretty well covered for him with various options if he can’t play or isn’t contributing an awful lot over a period. Wouldn’t be writing him off just yet but right now if your offering me Walker or Naismith for the central attacking midfield role I’m having Walker every time

Edited by JimmyCant

30 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

This is all my opinion. Even last season, he didn’t offer much at all. Yes he scored a good goal at tynie against rangers. But his overall play for a while has been poor. Shoe horning Walker on the left to fit Naismith in is a bad choice in my opinion, feel Walker can do more with the ball and also finds better positions to pick the ball up.

This is where I am too. Can't remember the last time he had a decent, consistent spell.

And I know we were shite last season but for a player of his stature, he's been a poor investment.

39 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

This is where I am too. Can't remember the last time he had a decent, consistent spell.

And I know we were shite last season but for a player of his stature, he's been a poor investment.

The problem has been niggling injuries and not getting match fit.    He's still just as capable. IF he does get match fit for a spell he'll be one of the 1st names on the sheet.  Let's hope he can get, and stay, fit. 

Apologies if someone has already mentioned this.

There's speculation about a striker being signed, must be a free agent.

Mamadou Thiam was supposedly going to be signed by us under Stendel but it never happened, he is now a free agent and can play on both wings as well.

18 hours ago, Des' Dad said:

And for six seasons we've been lacking decent, creative, ball winning midfield players and we still are.

I've been saying the same thing for years as well.

24 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Fake news or genuine. Or just a Barry Anderson clickbait>>>

121039459_1054277895014929_187066199725959586_o.jpg

The picture of Isma isn't posted by Barry Anderson