Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

9 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He also attacked a man over the head with a baseball bat. I'm sorry if I am principled but dont want him representing Hearts.

8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Lee?

Yes I was wondering that?

I'm not on first (or second) name terms with any of the Scotland squad, and who was it hitting people over the head with a baseball bat?

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

Yes I was wondering that?

I'm not on first (or second) name terms with any of the Scotland squad, and who was it hitting people over the head with a baseball bat?

declan gallagher

8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Lee?

Olly Lee. You said O’Donnell can cross a ball. I said so can Lee, but as Lee showed in his first season being good at that and providing some assists is not enough on its own.

7 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

This wage limit is a bit of a burden when you think that we brought in three wingers and so far, one had a good game then was shite, if  we could have doubled the wage and got a winger who,s decent most games, then we could have saved a third wage.

I’ll worry about things like that when we aren’t only 2 games into a season. (THAT is 2 games! When a majority of the players haven’t played since March!) 

fabienleclerq
9 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He also attacked a man over the head with a baseball bat. I'm sorry if I am principled but dont want him representing Hearts.

He's exactly the type we need to at Hearts! 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 09/10/2020 at 17:57, rudi must stay said:

Has a two year deal with Sydney so not available even if we wanted him 

Well that’s not strictly true. If we wanted him, he wanted to come, and we agreed something with his club he would be available...

9 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Well that’s not strictly true. If we wanted him, he wanted to come, and we agreed something with his club he would be available...

I think what the guy was meaning is that he is in contract so we couldn't sign him outside window

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

This wage limit is a bit of a burden when you think that we brought in three wingers and so far, one had a good game then was shite, if  we could have doubled the wage and got a winger who,s decent most games, then we could have saved a third wage.

After 2 games you've came to that conclusion? 

Also-

1 winger to cover 2 wings? 

What if he's injured? 

What happens when he loses form? 

12 hours ago, Cruyff said:

He'd be head and shoulders above any RB at Hearts.

Apart from Smith, our right back. 

He can swing a good hopeful ball into the box though I’ll give him that. But that doesn’t make up for all the times he loses possession or passes the ball out the park. 

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

He can swing a good hopeful ball into the box though I’ll give him that. But that doesn’t make up for all the times he loses possession or passes the ball out the park. 

This is pure maroon tinted spectacles stuff.

Michael Smith's gash at RB. I've not seen M. Smith play well for Hearts at RB for a long longtime. 

Infact, I remember him vividly during our 1-1 draw v Motherwell towards the end of last season, failing to put in one decent cross from about 20 plus opportunities. 

On 10/10/2020 at 14:46, indianajones said:

Not quite that much but it isn't far off. I was astounded. 

Apparently Nade and Obua were both on £10,500 p/w - and they weren't the highest earners. I've heard that Jankauskas and Fyssas were both on £15,000 p/w, Gordon was on £12,500 p/w plus significant bonuses when he signed a new deal before he moved to Sunderland, Ibrahim Tall on £9,000 p/w, Goncalves was on £7,500 p/w... Hartley, Elvis, Bednar, Kingston, were all on fair chunks. The money we were chucking around in the 00's was insane. Nae wonder we went into admin. 

34 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

This is pure maroon tinted spectacles stuff.

Michael Smith's gash at RB. I've not seen M. Smith play well for Hearts at RB for a long longtime. 

Infact, I remember him vividly during our 1-1 draw v Motherwell towards the end of last season, failing to put in one decent cross from about 20 plus opportunities. 

So Smith is a gash right back but O’Donnell is good?

You’ve clearly got a good eye for a player so I’ll best just leave it here. 

32 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Apparently Nade and Obua were both on £10,500 p/w - and they weren't the highest earners. I've heard that Jankauskas and Fyssas were both on £15,000 p/w, Gordon was on £12,500 p/w plus significant bonuses when he signed a new deal before he moved to Sunderland, Ibrahim Tall on £9,000 p/w, Goncalves was on £7,500 p/w... Hartley, Elvis, Bednar, Kingston, were all on fair chunks. The money we were chucking around in the 00's was insane. Nae wonder we went into admin. 

Gordon was on 18k basic. But that was because Vlad knew he’d be sold for big bucks a little bit down the line. 

He actually done the same with Driver a few years later. Vlad thought he would go for the same as Gordon. He just got in the England u21 team and I’m sure we knocked back a seven figure sum for him. Vlad gave him a huge new deal. We know what happened next. 

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Smith is away at the end of the season. He's out of contract and I can't see him signing an extension considering his family situation (built a house down south, wife lives there already with their 2 kids...). We should be looking to nail someone down on a pre-contract in January as a priority. Although he's probably not quite as good as Smith, O'Donnell for me is the ideal replacement. Has done well in the time he's played in the league and is now in the Scotland team. And actually, I think the reason for him signing such a short term deal with Motherwell is because there's some kind of work being going on behind the scenes where we've perhaps agreed to sign him if we're promoted. But that could just be blind optimism on my part.

If not, then the likes of Jason Naismith, Luke O'Nien and Donald Love are all out of contract from L1 down south. Sticking to Scotland, we could do worse than brining Liam Smith back and Nicky Devlin will be available too.

Edited by Batistuta87

38 minutes ago, DS98 said:

So Smith is a gash right back but O’Donnell is good?

You’ve clearly got a good eye for a player so I’ll best just leave it here. 

At RB? Yep. 

M. Smith's a good defender who's best games have been at Centerhalf for us. That's has to be his longterm position if we decide to keep him beyond the end of this season. 

O'Donnell can play WB, not as good defensively but he's decent going forward. 

7 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Michael Smith is gash now :rofl: 

I know mate. I completely respect the idea of everyone having an opinion.

And it’s true in relative terms compared to Pavard or Carvajal Mikey Smith is gash. but compared to Stephen O’Donnell? C’mon eh

17 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I know mate. I completely respect the idea of everyone having an opinion.

And it’s true in relative terms compared to Pavard or Carvajal Mikey Smith is gash. but compared to Stephen O’Donnell? C’mon eh

Aye, a bang average player who was poor in a team that was relegated, who now plays in the Scottish Championship is as good as Scotlands first choice RB. Talk about maroon tinted specs. :laugh2:

20 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Aye, a bang average player who was poor in a team that was relegated, who now plays in the Scottish Championship is as good as Scotlands first choice RB. Talk about maroon tinted specs. :laugh2:

Like I said mate I’ll bow to your superior ability to spot a player 😂.

You also just said we were relegated to suit your argument. Struggling 

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Smith is away at the end of the season. He's out of contract and I can't see him signing an extension considering his family situation (built a house down south, wife lives there already with their 2 kids...). We should be looking to nail someone down on a pre-contract in January as a priority. Although he's probably not quite as good as Smith, O'Donnell for me is the ideal replacement. Has done well in the time he's played in the league and is now in the Scotland team. And actually, I think the reason for him signing such a short term deal with Motherwell is because there's some kind of work being going on behind the scenes where we've perhaps agreed to sign him if we're promoted. But that could just be blind optimism on my part.

If not, then the likes of Jason Naismith, Luke O'Nien and Donald Love are all out of contract from L1 down south. Sticking to Scotland, we could do worse than brining Liam Smith back and Nicky Devlin will be available too.

His wife lives with him in a house at kirkliston

6 minutes ago, bazman said:

That's right,  I saw him up at the park by the steadings recently with his kids.

11 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Like I said mate I’ll bow to your superior ability to spot a player 😂.

You also just said we were relegated to suit your argument. Struggling 

It's nothing to do with that. It's bleeding obvious. 

I said we were relegated, if demoted suits then I'm also OK with that. 👍 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 hours ago, bazman said:

I think what the guy was meaning is that he is in contract so we couldn't sign him outside window

Loan?

58 minutes ago, bazman said:

51 minutes ago, zakred said:

That's right,  I saw him up at the park by the steadings recently with his kids.

She either doesn't live there full time, or she works shifts, or she works away, because she is definitely not always there. I follow them both in Instagram and they both post regularly about it being X amount of days until they see each other, or about missing the kids. 

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

She either doesn't live there full time, or she works shifts, or she works away, because she is definitely not always there. I follow them both in Instagram and they both post regularly about it being X amount of days until they see each other, or about missing the kids. 

You follow his wife on Instagram?

1 minute ago, Dallas Green said:

You follow his wife on Instagram?

I believe you can follow whoever you want on Instagram??

I follow a few footballers' partners, its interesting to see what they get up to outside of football. 

6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I follow a few footballers' partners, its interesting to see what they get up to outside of football. 

Pity you could not get your facts right in your earlier post then

Edited by CJGJ

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Bit creepy to follow a footballers' partner imo just because they are a footballers' partner.

11 minutes ago, Simo said:

Nobody going to call out that "we could do worse than bring back Liam Smith" post then...

:muggy:

Well we could lol. Connor Randall and Hakeem Odoffin for example are also available................

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 23:39, OTT said:

Same. Think he'd actually be a good signing, can cover RB & CB well. Always loved Gowsers attitude too. 

Heard something or just a throwaway comment?

There was a perfectly good right-back available in the summer but typically of Hearts in recent years, we didn't go and get him. Steven O'Donnell would've been a great signing. A Scotland right-back that likes to get forward, decent tackler and was handy for scoring a good few goals for Killie when he was there. Our loss is Motherwell's gain, unfortunately but, not uncommon in recent years when it comes to our scouting.

20 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Bit creepy to follow a footballers' partner imo just because they are a footballers' partner.

If you say so?? Because nobody ever followed a footballers wife?? 

Just now, sandylejambo said:

All about poor scouting

14 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Well we could lol. Connor Randall and Hakeem Odoffin for example are also available................

How are they available?

Randall is at Ross Co. and Odoffin at Hamilton?

They're also both pish.

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

If you say so?? Because nobody ever followed a footballers wife?? 

Unless they are famous in their own way or you know them, it seems creepy to follow the partner of a footballer.

Just now, Simo said:

Nobody going to call out that "we could do worse than bring back Liam Smith" post then...

:muggy:

It was probably too ridiculous to even bother

5 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Unless they are famous in their own way or you know them, it seems creepy to follow the partner of a footballer.

Haha, again, if you say so. Countless footballers wives are famous or have a following because they're footballers wives.

3 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

How are they available?

Randall is at Ross Co. and Odoffin at Hamilton?

They're also both pish.

Did you actually read anything prior to that comment? I was talking about people who are out of contract at the end of the season and are therefore likely to be "available" on pre-contracts in a couple of months. 

And yes, they are pish - they are examples of how we could do worse than a previous suggestion. 

Could you ask her what weight Andy Irving is ?

Bazzas right boot

:notsure:

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Could you ask her what weight Andy Irving is ?

😂😂😂

Strange behaviour.

12 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Anyone know what Banderson means by this -

Think we're retiring the 9 shirt in honour of Conor Washington

jamboinglasgow
25 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Anyone know what Banderson means by this -

Robbie said that no one wanted the shirt (Boyce took 10) so I persume thats what he means.

I would expect it means it has been left open by hearts, not left unpicked by the players. 

Of course it could be the same story but alternative words, mentioned by Robbie already.  The story he says no one wanted it.  That's the kind of stuff the media do to get hits.   Usually the headline gets slightly changed but ends up same piece. 

2 hours ago, jambonian said:

There was a perfectly good right-back available in the summer but typically of Hearts in recent years, we didn't go and get him. Steven O'Donnell would've been a great signing. A Scotland right-back that likes to get forward, decent tackler and was handy for scoring a good few goals for Killie when he was there. Our loss is Motherwell's gain, unfortunately but, not uncommon in recent years when it comes to our scouting.

How do you know we didnt offer him terms and he knocked us back?

Maybe if he joined a championship side he wouldnt have been playing for Scotland 

last night.

Edited by John Findlay

3 hours ago, jambonian said:

He only signed at Motherwell until January to keep himself in in the shop window and in Scotland contention. Arguably both of those things would have been less possible at Hearts.

I very much doubt we didn't sign him because Neilson isn't aware of him or his abilities anyway.