Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Leveins Battalion

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Kingsley

Halliday

Haring

Walker

Robert's

Naismith 

Boyce

That is sexual.😍

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

We can still mutually agree a termination if they agree deals elsewhere. Who'd be daft enough to pay a fee anyway.

Not when transfer window closes. 

Dougie Masterton
8 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Nothing deep about stating the obvious.

Imo our squad isn’t all that stronger.....it just has less deadwood. GK apart there isn’t a position I’m at this moment convinced we’ve improved all that much. We’re certainly weaker at CH, LB and up front. 

I have absolutely no doubt the Scottish Cup is on their minds....of course it is.....but if we win it will be a shock and we’ll need a fair bit of luck on the day.

This squad is one designed to win promotion and hopefully grab a result in a cup. It’s too weak in the vital areas to be considered a serious contender to beat Hibs then Celtic or Aberdeen.

To win that Semi-Final we’re going to need everyone 100% fit....which we know already they won’t be....no suspensions and some real clever tactics by Neilson.

We will be underdogs by a mile.....and that is a reflection on the quality and strength of the squad.

The day we are ever underdogs to that lot, is the day we shut up shop. 

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

Might not be another day, could well be involved tonight 

I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the bench but chucking new players in the team unless emergency wise isn't a good idea.  That's how mistakes happen, espeacily in the defence. 

I hope het gets some gametime tonight if we're comfortably ahead, won't be bothered if he isn't used.   I expect he'll be kept for Saturday as an easier test.  

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Kingsley

Halliday

Haring

Walker

Robert's

Naismith 

Boyce

That is sexual.😍

Good looking team that will walk the league but how many times will that team be fit to play together? 

5 minutes ago, Ribble said:

He's been training and played a few bounce games for Falkirk so he'll be in decent nick. 

4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Correct.

Suddenly those players left without a club will have more realistic expectations of what they are worth

Harsh but yeah lots of players will hold out for a deal that doesn't materialise knowing that teams like us have made enquiries providing a safety net. It would be interesting to hear about all the deals that almost happened, not the "my mate said" ones but real ones from the club itself. 

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

27 in first team squad including 3 keepers 

Plus Doyle, Hamilton, Smith on loan till January.

Indeed. Seems too many still.

David McCaig
22 minutes ago, Barack said:

Happy to admit, that I know nothing about him.

At Falkirk. Or Hull. 

So my dissapointed threshold is very high on this one.

26 year old Scotland International who has played in the English Premier League.

Just now, David McCaig said:

26 year old Scotland International who has played in the English Premier League.

He's no 26 surely? 🤔 

I'll need to Google that. 

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Just now, Cruyff said:

He's no 26 surely? 🤔 

I'll need to Google that. 

Right enough bud. 

That's pretty good. I thought he was like 30/31. 

having Kingsley and Smith who can both play centre half and full back equally well means that we have an opportunity to throw the kitchen sink at games if we're not in the lead.

________________Gordon

______Smith__Popescu__Kingsley

Ginnelly__Naismith__Haring__Roberts

_______Walker__Halkett__Boyce

last ten minutes gung ho

Clerry Jambo
Just now, Cruyff said:

Jase the arse piece? 

I know he's not coming but seriously would have taken the lad, would have given us something different

jamboinglasgow
13 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Kingsley

Halliday

Haring

Walker

Robert's

Naismith 

Boyce

That is sexual.😍

Thats a top six Premiership team.

30 minutes ago, Barack said:

Happy to admit, that I know nothing about him.

At Falkirk. Or Hull. 

So my dissapointed threshold is very high on this one.

And an International. 

fabienleclerq

Could be purely coincidental but we haven't given anyone the number 9 shirt, hoping we have another striker to come in! 

Also Wighton is 15,trying to get the fans onside! 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Thats a top six Premiership team.

on paper it’s better than that, but last year we learned the hard way the game isn’t played on paper..

20 minutes ago, Ribble said:

They will close early at the SFA to stop us registering him.

manaliveits105
   9 hours ago,  DH1986 said: 

Imo our squad isn’t all that stronger.....it just has less deadwood. GK apart there isn’t a position I’m at this moment convinced we’ve improved all that much. We’re certainly weaker at CH, LB and up front. 

I have absolutely no doubt the Scottish Cup is on their minds....of course it is.....but if we win it will be a shock and we’ll need a fair bit of luck on the day.

This squad is one designed to win promotion and hopefully grab a result in a cup. It’s too weak in the vital areas to be considered a serious contender to beat Hibs then Celtic or Aberdeen.

To win that Semi-Final we’re going to need everyone 100% fit....which we know already they won’t be....no suspensions and some real clever tactics by Neilson.

We will be underdogs by a mile.....and that is a reflection on the quality and strength of the squad.

:bolt:
NATURAL ORDER 

9 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:
   9 hours ago,  DH1986 said: 

This squad is one designed to win promotion and hopefully grab a result in a cup. It’s too weak in the vital areas to be considered a serious contender to beat Hibs then Celtic or Aberdeen.

To win that Semi-Final we’re going to need everyone 100% fit....which we know already they won’t be....no suspensions and some real clever tactics by Neilson.

:bolt:
NATURAL ORDER 

I think this post and many others massive over eggs the Hibs squad or how much more prepared they will be.

Last seasons squad underperformed massively, and there were serious questions to be answered on coaching (from both managers), but this is a new manager, new season and the bulk of our quality remains or has been added to. This squad as a whole is equal on quality to most teams in the Premier League and definitely to the Hibs squad, it is whether it plays to its abilities.

It will be a tense affair, but to say we are up against it or underdogs is nonsense (in my opinion of course)

FTH

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

That is what worries me a bit and they have a fair bit of pace in their team with Boyle who could give Garuccio a torrid time assuming we don't sign Kingsley.

Pace not so much, as long as we compensate for that, but the intensity and fitness in general of the top division is a level above and they will be used to it, we would have just started in the championship and it could catch us out. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

on paper it’s better than that, but last year we learned the hard way the game isn’t played on paper..

No but Tbf, we learned the ****ing hard way it's decided by pieces of ****ing paper! 

been here before

This Kingsley?

_90273611_mediaitem90273608.thumb.jpg.d5336886c2fdbd80298cd7204454a170.jpg

Is it because Partick are now our supposed bestest biggesest friends in the whole wide world ever IDT / INDT that we've taken their mascot?

Edited by been here before

17 minutes ago, ericb said:

I think this post and many others massive over eggs the Hibs squad or how much more prepared they will be.

Last seasons squad underperformed massively, and there were serious questions to be answered on coaching (from both managers), but this is a new manager, new season and the bulk of our quality remains or has been added to. This squad as a whole is equal on quality to most teams in the Premier League and definitely to the Hibs squad, it is whether it plays to its abilities.

It will be a tense affair, but to say we are up against it or underdogs is nonsense (in my opinion of course)

FTH

It wasn’t quality that was the problem. It was balls. The team was full of shirkers. 

Any explanation on it being a 1 year deal?

Regardless, pleased to get this one. Left back isn't a good position for his going back a number of years. Neither White nor Garuccio are particularly impressive tbh. 

30 minutes ago, brux said:

No no.9 listed on the released squad numbers hmmmmm...

Wondered about this too...

What's Zeefuik up to

::troll::

12 minutes ago, OTT said:

Any explanation on it being a 1 year deal?

Regardless, pleased to get this one. Left back isn't a good position for his going back a number of years. Neither White nor Garuccio are particularly impressive tbh. 

Would imagine he doesn't want to get tied down to a championship club incase it goes tits up. 

6 minutes ago, RS86 said:

What's Zeefuik up to

Don't be silly....

We're clearly keeping it free for big Osman Sow 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

It wasn't played on a very good pitch either most of the time:lol::thumbsup:

44 minutes ago, ericb said:

FTH

We will be underdogs imo but more because they will have had more games to get up to speed than us. It is a derby though so who knows, we'll certainly be up for it and anything can happen.

9 minutes ago, RS86 said:

What's Zeefuik up to

Out of contract since 2017. 

****ing outrageous tbh. Quite possibly the best finisher i've ever seen (too young to remember Robbo). How he's not managed to get a club is mental. There are plenty of tinpot clubs that will happily take a punt on an overweight striker. A club like Accies, Livi or St Johnstone could easily afford him (especially in his current state). 

Seems like he's chucked it. Bloody shame because if Gronigen hadn't been so ****ing awkward about letting him come to us, he'd have had a good few seasons with us (IMO). 

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

You can terminate a contract any time surely?

You can terminate it however a player wouldn't be able to sign for another club until next window

BackOfTheNet
6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

You can terminate a contract any time surely?

Players have to have their contracts terminated prior to a window’s closure to allow them to be free to “register” before the next window. It’s basically to stop dodgy dealings with cancelling contracts inbetween windows. Arsenal for example paid Atletico the money for Partey’s release clause last night but didn’t complete contract negotiations so Atletico terminated their player’s contract so that if it went past the deadline he was a free agent. A lot taken in good faith that one I think.