Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Results and performance is better with Naismith than without. 

Revisionism at its finest. 

****ing Wighton over Naismith  :rofl:

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Jamie Walkers on form but if we were playing Hibs, Rangers or Celtic, I'd play Naisy, purely because he's a big game player with enormous experience. 

Against run of the mill nonsense, I'd play Walker. 

54 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Some people want to bin Naismith, some people want to keep Wighton.

This place can be full on mental at times. 😄😄😄

Naismith was injured for a good part of last season. He was injured/missing for many of the pre season friendlies. Id be amazed if hes fully fit but Robbie clearly feels he can do a job and he gets minutes under his belt. Injuries permitting he will still be one of our best players this season. The league hasn't even started yet and some believe he is finished. Its a MADHOUSE! Quality always shines through.

RustyRightPeg

Naismith spends too much time trying to tell everyone else what to do in this alpha male / I played in the EPL for 5 years type role he's played over the last couple of years. He adds value to our team, but I don't believe we will need it as much this year.

10 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Naismith spends too much time trying to tell everyone else what to do in this alpha male / I played in the EPL for 5 years type role he's played over the last couple of years. He adds value to our team, but I don't believe we will need it as much this year.

Time will tell. 

55 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Jamie Walkers on form but if we were playing Hibs, Rangers or Celtic, I'd play Naisy, purely because he's a big game player with enormous experience. 

Against run of the mill nonsense, I'd play Walker. 

Do we play both against Hibs what with them being in both categories?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
58 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

This. Well over rated

Bazzas right boot

Now Naismith is shite? 

:scenes:

JKB is back! 

We won a game and everyone is shite on the back of it. 

Leveins Battalion

What the feck is wrong with this place?

Not a chance this represents the views of Hearts fans that actually go to games.

So Naismith is shite,past it,a shit motivator Etc.

Wighton just needs one goal to take off and will get 15 goals this season yet hasny scored 15 goals in his career.🤣

And the cream of the crop Isma was better than

Lafferty 🤣🤣

A big factor in our relegation was the over-reliance on Naismith, and that still seems the case, it is more than likely he will miss large parts of this season again. Levein could have signed Dykes, Nesbit or Shankland as examples when  they were affordable. Any of those would have seen us at least mid-table in my opinion. Robbie walked the championship last time round with a squad where the likes of White, Brandon and Wighton would not have been good enough. We need a striker.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
16 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

A big factor in our relegation was the over-reliance on Naismith, and that still seems the case, it is more than likely he will miss large parts of this season again. Levein could have signed Dykes, Nesbit or Shankland as examples when  they were affordable. Any of those would have seen us at least mid-table in my opinion. Robbie walked the championship last time round with a squad where the likes of White, Brandon and Wighton would not have been good enough. We need a striker.

The key with Naismith is playing him in the right position (number 9) and telling him not to roam all over the place 

49 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

What the feck is wrong with this place?

Not a chance this represents the views of Hearts fans that actually go to games.

So Naismith is shite,past it,a shit motivator Etc.

Wighton just needs one goal to take off and will get 15 goals this season yet hasny scored 15 goals in his career.🤣

And the cream of the crop Isma was better than

Lafferty 🤣🤣

The Naismith stuff is a bit bizarre. People seem to be conflating him being injured, with him being shite. 

Folk are basically just wanting to give Wighton a chance. I think most have serious doubts but want him to do well for the team.

Folk are saying they preferred Isma to Lafferty. Perfectly reasonable opinion, and one that I share. Very similar goals to games records at Hearts. Lafferty however was a greedy ******* who would shoot when there was a pass on to another striker too often. Something which actually hampered Isma a fair bit. Both were good players at Hearts, and both scored a decent number of goals. 

Edited by Beast Boy

A big difference between Naismith and Lafferty, is that Naismith often improves the performances of those around him on the pitch. Lafferty not so much. Naismith (or Isma for what it’s worth) with a man to beat in front of goal or at a tight angle, and a strike partner in space with a better chance to score generally plays in their team mate. Lafferty tried to score. 

Has anyone actually said they would prefer Wighton over Naismith ? Nope.

Naismith has to prove he is a top player not just rely on past achievements and he hasnt shown it for us for a long long time.

17 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

One game in and people losing the plot. Probably just as well there are no fans at the game. 

Absolutely. People on here were wanting rid of RN as he was guiding us to 2nd in the spl, so many lost the plot a long time ago. I doubt the ever had one to start with to be honest. 

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Has anyone actually said they would prefer Wighton over Naismith ? Nope.

Naismith has to prove he is a top player not just rely on past achievements and he hasnt shown it for us for a long long time.

He has been injured or way off full fitness for a long time. Any reasonable person can see that has affected his performances but his talent isn’t really up or debate. If those troubles are behind him I’m sure he’ll prove that. 

kingantti1874

Naismith is a fabulous player, to suggest otherwise is utter madness.. my only point here  is Boyce, Walker,  Naismith are difficult  to fit in the same team..  needs to be 2 from the 3 of them.. and that’s fine they will need to be rotated anyway.

shoehorning them in hurts the balance

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Naismith is a fabulous player, to suggest otherwise is utter madness.. my only point here  is Boyce, Walker,  Naismith are difficult  to fit in the same team..  needs to be 2 from the 3 of them.. and that’s fine they will need to be rotated anyway.

shoehorning them in hurts the balance

I agree, On current form Walker would be ahead of naisy in the number 10 role for me.

But there is absolutely no doubting Naismiths quality, he will badword wreck this league after he gets his fitness up.

Naismith should be up top instead of Wighton at the min imo but i feel robbie is trying to give wighton his last chance saloon over the next 3/4 games to see if he can cut the mustard. I'm not holding out much hope for that.

Gimme an H...
37 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

One game in and people losing the plot. Probably just as well there are no fans at the game. 

If we had a full house on Tuesday night we would have got beat. 

The atmosphere would have went poisonous when we hadn't scored in the first 20mins.

9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Now Naismith is shite? 

:scenes:

JKB is back! 

We won a game and everyone is shite on the back of it. 

Just wait until Haring mishits a pass!

This place will explode....

KyleLafferty

I don’t think anyone is saying Naismith is shite? Think everyone can agree his form has been poor for a very long time now. And the fact the Robbie is going to have a choice of playing Naismith or Walker in that 10 role. And put roberts on the left. If you can’t see Naismith has been very poor for a long time then wow.

3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I don’t think anyone is saying Naismith is shite? Think everyone can agree his form has been poor for a very long time now. And the fact the Robbie is going to have a choice of playing Naismith or Walker in that 10 role. And put roberts on the left. If you can’t see Naismith has been very poor for a long time then wow.

I did expect a lot more from Naismith last season tbf. I thought he would be the main driving force to take us out of that mess.

However he was injured going into pre-season and isn’t as match fit as others. So as has been mentioned he shouldn’t be disregarded after one game. If he continues to struggle then fine but I still feel he has a lot to offer.

15 hours ago, OTT said:

Wighton has about 2 more games to do something. We need to be lining up a deal for a new striker for when Wighton continues to fail to find the net. 

He lacks the bottle to play for a club with expectation. Perhaps he should seek out the Sports psychologist Clare was seeing, because by the end of his time with us Clare was looking a real player. 

This

Gimme an H...
8 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Exactly. Won't stop the drama queen's jumping on each others backs to exclaim that 'JKB has lost it' or 'one game in and it's started' though. 

Its a message board. There will be differing opinions. No one persons opinion is wrong. 

So this is how our squad looks after the transfer window movement. A lot of players out of contract at the end of this season so will give Robbie a good chance to work out who he wants to keep and also rebuild for the premiership.

Goalkeepers
- Craig Gordon - 2022
- Bobby Zlamal - 2021
- Ross Stewart - Jan 2021 (Loan)
- Harry Stone - 2021

Right Backs
- Michael Smith - 2021
- Jamie Brandon - 2022
- Cammy Logan - 2023

Centre Backs
- Craig Halkett - 2022
- Mihai Popescu - 2022
- Christophe Berra - 2021
- John Souttar - 2022

Left Backs
- Stephen Kingsley - 2021
- Ben Garrucio - 2021
- Aidy White - 2021

Centre Midfielders
- Peter Haring - 2022
- Olly Lee - 2021
- Jamie Walker - 2022
- Andy Halliday - 2022
- Andy Irving - 2021
- Harry Cochrane - 2021
- Loic Damour - 2023

Wide Midfielders
- Jordan Roberts - 2022
- Elliott Frear - 2021
- Josh Ginnelly - 2021 (Loan)
- Lewis Moore - 2022
- Euan Henderson - 2022

Forwards
- Liam Boyce - 2023
- Steven Naismith - 2023
- Craig Wighton - 2021

Away On Loan;
- Colin Doyle (Jan) - Kilmarnock - 2021
- Chris Hamilton (Jan) - Dumbarton - 2022
- Connor Smith (Jan) - Arbroath - 2022
- Leeroy Makovora (Jan) - Brechin - 2021

Players who have left;
- Aaron Hickey
- Anthony MacDonald
- Bobby Burns
- Uche Ikpeazu
- Conor Washington
- Sean Clare
- Callumn Morrison
- Clevid Dikamona
- Oliver Bozanic
- Donis Avdijaj
- Daniel Baur
- Marcel Langer
- Steven MacLean
- Toby Sibbick (Loan Expired)
- Ryotaro Meshino (Loan Expired)
- Joel Pereira (Loan Expired)
- Alex Petkov

- Rory Currie
- Kelby Mason
- Dean Ritchie
- Jay Nwanze
- Brodie Strang

11 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He was telling everyone what to do when he was 17 at Kilmarnock. 

You need to ask Gary Locke what he brings to a squad. 

Gimme an H...
3 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Need to be offering Irving a long term contract.

Agree with this. He's come through quietly without much hype and took his chance well IMO.

Looks class and is only 20. Not afraid to try the tricky passes which will annoy some but it's been a while since we had someone with that sort of creativity and bravery.

18Jambo_dave74

Good to see that next summer will provide us with another opportunity to offload some players, some of whom I would imagine would be on fairly decent wages.

Would like to see Doyle, Zlamal, Berra, Garuccio, White, Lee and Wighton depart. For me Smith and Irving would be the priorities for new contracts. 

In terms of this season, if it is possible it would be good to sign another striker. For me we are lacking someone with a physical presence up front. Boyce and Naismith are great options (although don't know if Neilson see's Naismith as a striker). 

20 minutes ago, Thomson1874 said:

So this is how our squad looks after the transfer window movement. A lot of players out of contract at the end of this season so will give Robbie a good chance to work out who he wants to keep and also rebuild for the premiership.

Thanks for posting that. Amazingly small squad we'll have under contract next summer. Likely we'll want to re-sign some of those out of contract, but going to give the manager a lot of room to manoeuvre next summer. If we get back up we should be in a good place to improve the squad significantly.

I'd say that we have 14 first team players under contract, plus a small number of youngsters who haven't been regulars in the first team so far.

Goalkeepers
- Craig Gordon - 2022

Right Backs
- Jamie Brandon - 2022

Centre Backs
- Craig Halkett - 2022
- Mihai Popescu - 2022
- John Souttar - 2022

Centre Midfielders
- Peter Haring - 2022
- Jamie Walker - 2022
- Andy Halliday - 2022
- Loic Damour - 2023

Wide Midfielders
- Jordan Roberts - 2022
- Lewis Moore - 2022
- Euan Henderson - 2022

Forwards
- Liam Boyce - 2023
- Steven Naismith - 2023

Youngsters

- Chris Hamilton - 2022

- Cammy Logan - 2023
- Connor Smith - 2022

9 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Thanks for posting that. Amazingly small squad we'll have under contract next summer. Likely we'll want to re-sign some of those out of contract, but going to give the manager a lot of room to manoeuvre next summer. If we get back up we should be in a good place to improve the squad significantly.

I'd say that we have 14 first team players under contract, plus a small number of youngsters who haven't been regulars in the first team so far.

Goalkeepers
- Craig Gordon - 2022

Right Backs
- Jamie Brandon - 2022

Centre Backs
- Craig Halkett - 2022
- Mihai Popescu - 2022
- John Souttar - 2022

Centre Midfielders
- Peter Haring - 2022
- Jamie Walker - 2022
- Andy Halliday - 2022
- Loic Damour - 2023

Wide Midfielders
- Jordan Roberts - 2022
- Lewis Moore - 2022
- Euan Henderson - 2022

Forwards
- Liam Boyce - 2023
- Steven Naismith - 2023

Youngsters

- Chris Hamilton - 2022

- Cammy Logan - 2023
- Connor Smith - 2022

If we don’t sign Smith we’ll need another quality right back. Hopefully Kingsley steps up to be number one left back but will still need a backup next season. A quality centre half to replace Berra and the same in the middle of the park with haring and Halliday hopefully getting up to full fitness. We have a few choices out wide but well short up top so a quality striker to fight with Boyce and hopefully a youngster with great potential to play 3/4 striker to replace wigton!! No wanting much !!

9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

No new news on the striker we're supposedly “working on”?

Don't think we are any longer.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Need to be offering Irving a long term contract.

Impressed with him. He’s like the opposite of Lee - always trying to play forward, willing to try difficult passes, seems to like making things tick. Handle him right and he could be excellent.

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Impressed with him. He’s like the opposite of Lee - always trying to play forward, willing to try difficult passes, seems to like making things tick. Handle him right and he could be excellent.

What do you think is needed for him to flourish?

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Don't think we are any longer.

that can change at any point.. if we are doing well then no need.. if Wighton can’t cut it and one of the other 2 gets injured we will be a n the market

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

that can change at any point.. if we are doing well then no need.. if Wighton can’t cut it and one of the other 2 gets injured we will be a n the market

As far as I'm lead to believe it's not something we are looking at right now.

Obviously it can change at any point. It could change daily, someone can crop up on our radar and we go for it.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

What do you think is needed for him to flourish?

Good coaching, good management of his body. The usual stuff 

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Good coaching, good management of his body. The usual stuff 

I'm sure they do their best with these things already, don't you?

There's no point in doing otherwise.

Holyrood_Hearts
5 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I agree, On current form Walker would be ahead of naisy in the number 10 role for me.

But there is absolutely no doubting Naismiths quality, he will badword wreck this league after he gets his fitness up.

Naismith should be up top instead of Wighton at the min imo but i feel robbie is trying to give wighton his last chance saloon over the next 3/4 games to see if he can cut the mustard. I'm not holding out much hope for that.

Completely agree with you on Walker. He’s far better in the 10 role than Naismith currently is. 

22 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Completely agree with you on Walker. He’s far better in the 10 role than Naismith currently is. 

Yes, you would have to say he is better just now. That is down to Naismith being a few weeks behind him fitness wise. Walker is on form and deserves to keep his place, and I really hope he keeps the effort up. His insipid performances and lack of effort of the past are still quite vivid in my mind though, so I’ll not be putting all my eggs in the Jamie Walker basket after a couple of friendlies and the first game of the season.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Yes, you would have to say he is better just now. That is down to Naismith being a few weeks behind him fitness wise. Walker is on form and deserves to keep his place, and I really hope he keeps the effort up. His insipid performances and lack of effort of the past are still quite vivid in my mind though, so I’ll not be putting all my eggs in the Jamie Walker basket after a couple of friendlies and the first game of the season.

For me, Naismith is better up top, as a striker as well. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Best line up:

Gordon

Smith        Halkett           Popescu         Kingsley 

Irving             Haring

Ginnelly               Walker               Roberts

Boyce/Nais