Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

6 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Did we not just take Andy Kirks son on a full time contract from youth? I dont know what it is about Hearts but we never develop good strikers from our youth system 

I was about to say Kirks laddie. 

I've read an article recently which was glowing in its praise of him. Hopefully a talented lad that can make the step up. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

The rumour that McKenna to Forest will net Aberdeen 6 million with add ons is ****ing way off the mark.

inside knowledge at Forest told me 1.6 million up front then appearances will add.

Nothing near 6 million though  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
39 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

The rumour that McKenna to Forest will net Aberdeen 6 million with add ons is ****ing way off the mark.

inside knowledge at Forest told me 1.6 million up front then appearances will add.

Suits everyone to talk up a transfer. One club gets to say we are spending other gets to say it got best deal,  agent's and players ego boosted.

Guest ToqueJambo
52 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

It's notable they keep saying it's a fee that beats their record. I was just surprised their previous biggest transfer fee was just 2m for Jess. Was that around the same time they spent 1m on Paul Bernard 🤣 

So I'll go for 2 and a bit, nowhere near 6m. If it was they'd be trumpeting it to high heaven.

Edited by ToqueJambo

The Apprentice

Yann Songo’o has signed for Morecambe. Wouldn’t appear we’ve missed out on anything special if that’s where he’s ended up, although it’s now the 3rd club Derek Adams has taken him to. 

30 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

See Andy Halliday said on open goal that he has no interest in the lower leagues.....

Been there, done that right enough.

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

See Andy Halliday said on open goal that he has no interest in the lower leagues.....

This is the same player who was most recently farmed out on loan to the land of footballing giants, Azerbaijan. 

Unfortunately for him, not many teams seem to have an interest in him. Watch those principles go right out the window when he's still struggling for a team in the coming weeks and months. 

Our squads more than good enough to romp the Championship. 

We're really strong in attacking areas imo with Boyce, Naisy, Wighton, Walker, Roberts, Ginnelly, Frear. Plenty goals, pace, balance and creativity there.

Midfield is decent but the fitness of Haring and getting a tune out of Damour is key to that. Lee and Irving have the ability to feed the attackers with plenty ammunition. 

Defence is a bit suspect though. We've had a lot of guys with bad injuries and problems with fitness. Others that haven't been particularly great. Although, everyone available, excluding Soapy we have two players for each position. 

And obviously we have Craig in Goal. 

All in all you have to say that if everyone is fit and playing their best, we don't require much else. 

10 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Not sure what the clamour is for this guy, every time I've seen him he's been rubbish.

Nothing from any reputable source to suggest it's happening anyway. Just waffle from people pretending to be ITK on here again. 

I suspect someone will be coming in but I don't think it will be Halliday. 

35 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Daza’s shitemare continues. 🥴

Maybe Hickey was going to Manchester via Italy first or Nicholson got lost in Bristol on his way back to Edinburgh. 

Halliday is probably on his detour just now before magically appearing in Gorgie. 

7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

We're really strong in attacking areas imo with Boyce, Naisy, Wighton, Walker, Roberts, Ginnelly, Frear. Plenty goals, pace, balance and creativity there.

Midfield is decent but the fitness of Haring and getting a tune out of Damour is key to that. Lee and Irving have the ability to feed the attackers with plenty ammunition. 

Defence is a bit suspect though. We've had a lot of guys with bad injuries and problems with fitness. Others that haven't been particularly great. Although, everyone available, excluding Soapy we have two players for each position. 

All in all you have to say that if everyone is fit and playing their best, we don't require much else. 

With 10 days and a bit left of the window I don’t expect much more. Maybe 1 or 2 leaving (including Hickey, who STILL hasn’t left) and if any come in I doubt they’ll be momentous signings, and more than likely will be backup I think. Would love a good signing that can head straight into the first team but thought we would’ve heard something about it by now. There of course are the free transfers after the window closes.

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Not sure what the clamour is for this guy, every time I've seen him he's been rubbish.

Nothing from any reputable source to suggest it's happening anyway. Just waffle from people pretending to be ITK on here again. 

I suspect someone will be coming in but I don't think it will be Halliday. 

We are usually linked with any player not wanted by rangers. Has always been the case.

8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Good summary.  

Don't think there will be much more movement.

Can't think there will be very much business now as the league might nor even start.It might just give us extra wages to pay with no income coming in.Hard to see anybody going out for the same reasons.

Hope I am wrong but the government pronouncements are quite depressing particularly with regards to crowds(income) returning.

I'm not sure the window is that relevant in terms of players coming in. We'll be operating mainly in the free agent market anyway. The main objective before the window closes will be to shift Damour and White.

Good word.

agree the players on paper look way too strong for this league. RN unlikely to perplex the players with complicated tactics too so should get a tune out of nearly all of them.  

2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I'm not sure the window is that relevant in terms of players coming in. We'll be operating mainly in the free agent market anyway. The main objective before the window closes will be to shift Damour and White.

Think you are right with this. I actually can’t see us adding anyone else to the squad until that happens.

Definitely think we have enough just now to win it but would like a couple more (centre mid, striker) to really hammer it home this season. 

Berra than you

Neilson quoted in the EEN today as saying we will continue to give the Ukrainian "Max" a trail with a view to signing for the development team.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Definitely think we have enough just now to win it but would like a couple more (centre mid, striker) to really hammer it home this season. 

I’d rather we held off, went up and saved the money for next summer.

In saying that, I’ve got no confidence in the SPFL making sure our season plays to a finish 

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’d rather we held off, went up and saved the money for next summer.

In saying that, I’ve got no confidence in the SPFL making sure our season plays to a finish 

There lies the problem. Our season starting is probably in jeopardy now. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
16 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Double post

Edited by Dusk_Till_Dawn

7 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

There lies the problem. Our season starting is probably in jeopardy now. 

Indeed. Not much point throwing good money after bad given the dwindling likelihood that we'll complete even the planned three-quarter season. 

1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

Damour sitting happily with a big money 4 year deal and hasn’t got the backbone for Scottish Football.

White signed when injured and has never been 100% fit.

If we manage to get rid of these two duds I’ll be astonished.

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

With 10 days and a bit left of the window I don’t expect much more. Maybe 1 or 2 leaving (including Hickey, who STILL hasn’t left) and if any come in I doubt they’ll be momentous signings, and more than likely will be backup I think. Would love a good signing that can head straight into the first team but thought we would’ve heard something about it by now. There of course are the free transfers after the window closes.

2 hours ago, AndrewB said:

Good summary.  

Don't think there will be much more movement.

Nope chaps, can't see much more happening. Maybe if Damour goes we might see one in. 

2 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Good word.

agree the players on paper look way too strong for this league. RN unlikely to perplex the players with complicated tactics too so should get a tune out of nearly all of them.  

I think we play a fluid formation under RN so it might be 4-4-2 when pressing high but 3-4-3 when in possession for example. 

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

That would be preferable if we were to try and go far in the cups. 

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Nope chaps, can't see much more happening. Maybe if Damour goes we might see one in. 

I think we play a fluid formation under RN so it might be 4-4-2 when pressing high but 3-4-3 when in possession for example. 

That would be preferable if we were to try and go far in the cups. 

has it not been a 4-2-3-1 line up in the recent games? 4 at the back. 2 CM's (Lee and Irving) - with Roberts, Walker, Frear / Ginelly as a three with Boyce up top?

10 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Folk are obsessed with signing a left back when we've already got 2 senior players there that would walk this second tier

Both prone to injury though.

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Garruchio to my knowledge has only had this one bad injury, so he's not injury prone. White on the other hand is.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Garruccio just had a typical but serious football injury other than that he hasn’t been injury prone.

38 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

has it not been a 4-2-3-1 line up in the recent games? 4 at the back. 2 CM's (Lee and Irving) - with Roberts, Walker, Frear / Ginelly as a three with Boyce up top?

I think that's our starting formation but the shape changes depending on the situation or phase. 

I think the best way to look at it is to maybe take Sarri when at Napoli for example played 4-3-3 as starting shape. 

1-1.jpg.ce401317fe2a1d674aa62e85f0547425.jpg

but when pressing, it was 4-4-2. So Mertans (14) would press the man in possession and one of the wingers, Callejon (7) or Insigne (24) would move into the centre to cut the passing lanes while one of the midfield 3, would Move into the right or left midfield position to mark or press the full back. 

So if Insigne (24) LW moved into the centre to press, Hamsik (17) would move to left mid

7-1.jpg.21746140b5e9651e3c6f67d0baaf3b30.jpg

I believe that is the way in which RN wants us to be structured. 

Edited by Cruyff

10 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Garruccio just had a typical but serious football injury other than that he hasn’t been injury prone.

Was just about to say the same

30 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Folk are obsessed with signing a left back when we've already got 2 senior players there that would walk this second tier

totally agree. although didn't RN himself say he wanted a LB. 

Just now, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

It's all looking good but we are weaker at LB. That's the only position we really need to fill with genuine quality

Don't think LB is the main issue at the moment, Garuccio and White (if he's still around) are adequate for now and we can then look for a new left back for next season when both their contracts are out. For me it's important we get a central defender in. With Souttar out, Berra injured it only leaves Halkett who's not a natural there, a young lad and Popescu. While Halkett and Popescu should be good enough for the Championship we need to look further into the season, Hibs in that stupid semi, potential Premier teams in the League Cup and not forgetting this season's Scottish Cup. We will need a dominant centre half for corners against, clearing the box and to stand up to opposition players. We also need to bring in another striker. Can't rely on Naismith being fit all season so it only leaves Boyce, Wighton at a push. A defender and forward to come in and that'll be a decent bit of business under the circumstances right now.

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think that's our starting formation but the shape changes depending on the situation or phase. 

I think the best way to look at it is to maybe take Sarri when at Napoli for example played 4-3-3 as starting shape. 

1-1.jpg.ce401317fe2a1d674aa62e85f0547425.jpg

but when pressing, it was 4-4-2. So Mertans (14) would press the man in possession and one of the wingers, Callejon (7) or Insigne (24) would move into the centre to cut the passing lanes while one of the midfield 3, would Move into the right or left midfield position to mark or press the full back. 

So if Insigne (24) LW moved into the centre to press, Hamsik (17) would move to left mid

7-1.jpg.21746140b5e9651e3c6f67d0baaf3b30.jpg

I believe that is the way in which RN wants us to be structured. 

impressively illustrated. and agree, formations are fluid once the whistle goes. key point for me will be RN keeping things simpler for the players. do the basics right and everything else should follow.