Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

We've got new CEO now but seriously what is the the measure of failure for a board? 

Finishing below your objectives is poor. 

A failure to reach expectations over 4 seasons is dreadful. 

However being pie'd into the Championship having been the worst side in the Division on a downward trajectory and completely garbage for the last 4 seasons says everything you need to know about that. 

That has to be the worst possible measurement of failure for a board. 

Yet, you've still got delusional firefighters on here scraping the barrel to tell us that everything is wonderful. 

:facepalm:

Budge has obviously made mistakes but we should wait to see how the next year or so pans out. We might be thanking Budge for saving us a second time. She's secured funding to get us through this and has rejected approaches from Americans. I'd be much more worried if she'd left and we had Ron Gordon or that other guy who approached her to "invest" having a say in our future right now. Put it this way, it's thanks to her and FoH that we can be pretty confident of getting through this in a relatively strong position, even if the Championship doesn't start. I can cope with a couple of bad seasons (I don't share your view that it's 4 seasons) so that's the bigger picture for me.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

We've got new CEO now but seriously what is the the measure of failure for a board? 

Finishing below your objectives is poor. 

A failure to reach expectations over 4 seasons is dreadful. 

However being pie'd into the Championship having been the worst side in the Division on a downward trajectory and completely garbage for the last 4 seasons says everything you need to know about that. 

That has to be the worst possible measurement of failure for a board. 

Yet, you've still got delusional firefighters on here scraping the barrel to tell us that everything is wonderful. 

:facepalm:

Not one single person saying everything is wonderful.  Lots of people acknowledging that significant changes have been made to try and address the problems.

6 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Transfer thread

😀

It's an interesting concept you neatly suggest. 

Isn't there a sub forum called transfer talk that no one uses.  Could give that a bash. 

Edited by HMFC01

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good plan. 

Maybe a German or American random will take us on, nothing can go wrong there. 

Yes because they’re literally the only options.

As opposed to FOH taking charge and encouraging the appointment of competent people.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Careful what you wish for. 

Do you often wish for Championship football and the worst Hearts squad you’ve ever seen?

I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how involved our new outfield signings have been. They seem to have been involved in every preseason goal we’ve scored by either setting it up or scoring. So many were “underwhelmed” by them before they even saw them, but they seem to be really astute pieces of business. Looking forward to getting a proper look at them on Saturday.

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Yes because they’re literally the only options.

As opposed to FOH taking charge and encouraging the appointment of competent people.

"competent people" 

Our new CEO? 

18 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Do you often wish for Championship football and the worst Hearts squad you’ve ever seen?

I've seen us get relegated before and probably will again. And it was an even worse squad than we have now, by a long way. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

I've seen us get relegated before and probably will again. And it was an even worse squad than we have now, by a long way. 

My first season going to games was 87-88. This is the most gutless set I’ve seen.

10 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

1980/81 in particular. Man, we were shite. 

1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how involved our new outfield signings have been. They seem to have been involved in every preseason goal we’ve scored by either setting it up or scoring. So many were “underwhelmed” by them before they even saw them, but they seem to be really astute pieces of business. Looking forward to getting a proper look at them on Saturday.

Now now, it's not like signings are prejudged here and deemed huddles, wage thieves etc...before they've kicked a ball.

Your positivity is very much needed here though. Sometimes I open threads and close them just as fast when I see folk dying to drop Craig or Ann into every comment and conversation.

Just wanted to highlight a nice positive post. 

Edited by JamboAndrew

48 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

My first season going to games was 87-88. This is the most gutless set I’ve seen.

So, have you seen this season's games or are you still harping on about the past on a TRANSFER thread?

Sub4TiddlerMurray
4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Budge has obviously made mistakes but we should wait to see how the next year or so pans out. We might be thanking Budge for saving us a second time. She's secured funding to get us through this and has rejected approaches from Americans. I'd be much more worried if she'd left and we had Ron Gordon or that other guy who approached her to "invest" having a say in our future right now. Put it this way, it's thanks to her and FoH that we can be pretty confident of getting through this in a relatively strong position, even if the Championship doesn't start. I can cope with a couple of bad seasons (I don't share your view that it's 4 seasons) so that's the bigger picture for me.

This

5 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

CL takes the blame as he dictated the tactics even if he deferred to his coaching team on which players were performing in training and which were not.  Nanny and Daly should have walked with Levein, but it was mid-season and not best time for a clear-out.  Mrs Budge's big failing was doing nothing in May 2019.

I agree.

45 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Now now, it's not like signings are prejudged here and deemed huddles, wage thieves etc...before they've kicked a ball.

Your positivity is very much needed here though. Sometimes I open threads and close them just as fast when I see folk dying to drop Craig or Ann into every comment and conversation.

Just wanted to highlight a nice positive post. 

Some folk just like wallowing in misery tbh. **** that. 👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

They have but by the same token Wighton seems to be doing ok. Level of opposition etc.

Wait for the real stuff and get ready for complete opposite compass points then. 

5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

:gok: I have to admit, you're ability to ignore the facts and spin negatives into positives is truly an art form. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

They have but by the same token Wighton seems to be doing ok. Level of opposition etc.

Wait for the real stuff and get ready for complete opposite compass points then. 

Every silver lining has a cloud, eh? :D 

Nah, I think it’s fair to say that they look like good players. Don’t think Falkirk or East Fife are a lot worse than the teams we are being forced to share a division with this season. 

Personally think Wighton will come good. 

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

So, have you seen this season's games or are you still harping on about the past on a TRANSFER thread?

To be fair he sort of has a point. The overall transfer strategy surely has to be to get rid of as many gutless couldn’t care less types (and we had plenty) and replace them with hungry players willing to appreciate the privilege of playing for us and converting that appreciation into meaningful effort. We’ve still got a few bad smells hanging about so hopefully we’re not done yet. 

Leveins Battalion

Personally i don't think we should be making anymore signings just now.

The game up here is in real danger of stopping and going tits up altogether.Only today several top flight clubs saying they won't survive if there are no fans allowed in this season.

We need to be ready to play after the carnage imo.

Holyrood_Hearts
16 hours ago, mitch41 said:

He lost all credibility when he passed down messages/notes down to the dugout at Aberdeen then denied it.

He didn’t deny it did he? Tbf at the time I thought that was made a big deal off when it reality it wasn’t. 

9 hours ago, jr ewing said:

People have short memories. 🤗

no really. It was 40 years ago 😀 I can barely remember yesterday ☹️

Edited by GinRummy

8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

:gok: I have to admit, you're ability to ignore the facts and spin negatives into positives is truly an art form. 

It's just a bigger picture constantly evolving into an even bigger picture as we get worse. I wish I could be as optimistic sometimes.

27 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Personally i don't think we should be making anymore signings just now.

The game up here is in real danger of stopping and going tits up altogether.Only today several top flight clubs saying they won't survive if there are no fans allowed in this season.

We need to be ready to play after the carnage imo.

Was thinking that too. 

We should have enough to win the title and then we will need to strengthen again for the top division. 

Perhaps we can nick a couple of prospects from our struggling competitors in the meantime though?

Here is today's question...

Is this still a transfer thread  ?  Or is this another CL/Budge bashing thread ?  

I think we will see another midfielder in, maybe another striker, others will be dependent on players moving out.

This Halliday drivel needs to be put to bed, not happening... thankfully.

6 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

To be fair he sort of has a point. The overall transfer strategy surely has to be to get rid of as many gutless couldn’t care less types (and we had plenty) and replace them with hungry players willing to appreciate the privilege of playing for us and converting that appreciation into meaningful effort. We’ve still got a few bad smells hanging about so hopefully we’re not done yet. 

To be fair, what he says has nothing to do with transfers  and what you say is only trying to keep things off topic.

We have already got rid of around 15 players and the signs so far are that incoming transfer strategy has improved.

We never know however until the season gets under way how things will pan out but continual moaning on the same well worn crap will not improve anything.  Maybe you can suggest a cost-efficient way the club can employ to move out contracted players.

2 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Here is today's question...

Is this still a transfer thread  ?  Or is this another CL/Budge bashing thread ?  

I think we will see another midfielder in, maybe another striker, others will be dependent on players moving out.

This Halliday drivel needs to be put to bed, not happening... thankfully.

Totally agree - I’m sure one of the idiots had changed names from ib8shit cos he’s spouting the same tosh. One more signing would be ideal for me. We seem to have a better balance in the team but still need some going out though. 

Jamboscanbevicius

Pretty sure Robbie's recent quotes said that he was looking for:

- a LB 

- a CM (but might hinge on someone leaving)

- and he'd like to add another attacker but probably at very end of window, as it wasn't a priority

I may be wrong, but it sounds to me that to allow this we're probably actively trying to offload White and Damour. I can't see us running with 3 senior LBs.

1 minute ago, Pingu said:

How about we get this thread back on track with some entirely baseless, idle transfer speculation!?

Jacob Butterfield - could do a job?

You mean like the OP ?

Suspect transfer activity dried up yesterday until there’s more clarity as to whether our league will actually start. No point in adding to the cost base if there’s a chance there will be no further, albeit limited, income. 

41 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Pretty sure Robbie's recent quotes said that he was looking for:

- a LB 

- a CM (but might hinge on someone leaving)

- and he'd like to add another attacker but probably at very end of window, as it wasn't a priority

I may be wrong, but it sounds to me that to allow this we're probably actively trying to offload White and Damour. I can't see us running with 3 senior LBs.

You are correct. I posted the same thing earlier on this thread and quoted these very points from an interview with Robbie in the EEN.

11 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I started in the 60's ... age is obviously a curse 

Jamboscanbevicius
7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You are correct. I posted the same thing earlier on this thread and quoted these very points from an interview with Robbie in the EEN.

We'll need to be careful I think. I would happily be shot of White and Damour if someone will take them, but I would hate to see us panic and sign someone for the sake of it at the end of the window. They need to be better than these guys. Otherwise we'd be better holding onto these two and trying again in January.

23 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Suspect transfer activity dried up yesterday until there’s more clarity as to whether our league will actually start. No point in adding to the cost base if there’s a chance there will be no further, albeit limited, income. 

Aye this occurred to me yesterday and seems fair enough

3 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

I started in the 60's ... age is obviously a curse 

50s for me. Absolutely spoilt watching a great team and superb players at that time. Watched some absolute crap during the 70s and hoping that we are now on the cusp of a renaissance of good football and continuing success on the field. 

70s for me. Not great times but with people like Cruiky, Ford, Busby Prentice and Anderson, i remember a team who at least tried. My last real memory of this current team is the "couldnt give a toss" look on Damours puss as he was subbed agsinst St Mirren, having played a major part in their goal, the one that ultimately doomed us to championship football. 

On 21/09/2020 at 17:54, Leveins Battalion said:

Comparing Wighton to Shankland has been done to death,we get it,we signed the wrong player etc etc,Wighton is gash bla bla bla.

Personally out of the promising young strikers in Scotland just now Shankland,Nisbet and Stewart I would pick Stewart out the 3.Got that physical presence. 

Whigton is only 21. What was shankland up to at that age? Not having a go just curious.