Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

41 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Suspect transfer activity dried up yesterday until there’s more clarity as to whether our league will actually start. No point in adding to the cost base if there’s a chance there will be no further, albeit limited, income. 

Yep.  Damour and White out as we can cope with what is left easily.

Or damn well should be.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

3 minutes ago, geomac said:

Wighton is 23 now

Wighton will probably score a few goals in the Championship and he is clearly suffering a lack of confidence. However from the game time he has had he looks like a rabbit caught in the head lights. I would love him to prove me wrong, however just don't think he is going to make it with us. 

90s for me! 

My first game was Hearts v Falkirk on 5th August 1992, aged 5. We won 3-0 and I remember Robbo scoring a penalty.

My wee boy's first game he was only 2 lol, Hearts v Motherwell on 16 Jan 2016 (won 6-0).  

1 hour ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

We'll need to be careful I think. I would happily be shot of White and Damour if someone will take them, but I would hate to see us panic and sign someone for the sake of it at the end of the window. They need to be better than these guys. Otherwise we'd be better holding onto these two and trying again in January.

I think already Robbie has shown that he knows what he wants and his signings are looking promising already with Frear and  Roberts looking good providers from the wide positions.

Damour would be no great loss in fact we could probably sign two players for what we will probably be paying him. White I feel a bit sorry for him but it seems Robbie has his eyes on another LB so one will have to go to allow this to happen.

Edited by wavydavy

24 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think already Robbie has shown that he knows what he wants and his signings are looking promising already with Frear and  Roberts looking good providers from the wide positions.

Damour would be no great loss in fact we could probably sign two players for what we will probably be paying him. White I feel a bit sorry for him but it seems Robbie has his eyes on another LB so one will have to go to allow this to happen.

Damour the obvious one to off load if we can.

strange one about RN wanting a LB. White and Garrucio should do absolutely fine in this league - both on low wages aren't they? So unless they themselves want away, am struggling with the logic of bringing another LB in (unless RN is worried about AW & BG being injury prone)

Jamboscanbevicius
21 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Totally agree. Robbie’s rebuild has looked logical and considered. Totally trust him

to make the decisions required.

For me a CM is more important than a LB. Hopefully Robbie has his eye on defined targets. 

Can’t see too many obvious options for a LB. Kingsley would be amazing but unlikely. And there are guys like Calvin Miller but not sure they’d be an upgrade short term.

2 hours ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Pretty sure Robbie's recent quotes said that he was looking for:

- a LB 

- a CM (but might hinge on someone leaving)

- and he'd like to add another attacker but probably at very end of window, as it wasn't a priority

I may be wrong, but it sounds to me that to allow this we're probably actively trying to offload White and Damour. I can't see us running with 3 senior LBs.

Can't see us getting rid of either ,  their both that shite !

24 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Damour the obvious one to off load if we can.

strange one about RN wanting a LB. White and Garrucio should do absolutely fine in this league - both on low wages aren't they? So unless they themselves want away, am struggling with the logic of bringing another LB in (unless RN is worried about AW & BG being injury prone)

I think it was said on here somewhere that they can't get white up to full fitness and he seems really timid about pushing himself. Expect he would get rid of him if he could or maybe even a load if possible 

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

50s for me. Absolutely spoilt watching a great team and superb players at that time. Watched some absolute crap during the 70s and hoping that we are now on the cusp of a renaissance of good football and continuing success on the field. 

I started to go with my Grandad and his pals in the late 50's ... one week Tynecastle one week Easter Road.  I have memories of Dave Mackay and Alex Young leaving to go to Spurs and Everton but sadly I cannot recall Willie Bauld playing.  We were spoiled back then.  But I agree the 70's were honking.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

We'll need to be careful I think. I would happily be shot of White and Damour if someone will take them, but I would hate to see us panic and sign someone for the sake of it at the end of the window. They need to be better than these guys. Otherwise we'd be better holding onto these two and trying again in January.

Depending on his wage demands there should be takers for Damour but White won’t be easy to move on. He‘s been injured or lacking fitness for what feels like forever. Barely past 10 games for us either. I feel sorry for the guy. There seems to have been a time when Leeds thought he would be a big talent 

4 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

I reckon that's the end of any incoming for the foreseeable. 

Possibly. A lot of work has been happening behind the scenes so hopefully some of it happens nearer deadline date, out as well as in. 

Wighton and a few others might play a lot better without a crowd, great chance to get some confidence without being barracked by the dubious supporters who exist amongst us. Will be very interesting to see how the players react to the atmosphere, so far they have looked fit, sharp and keen,

10 minutes ago, gov said:

I think it was said on here somewhere that they can't get white up to full fitness and he seems really timid about pushing himself. Expect he would get rid of him if he could or maybe even a load if possible 

Perhaps we should be timid about paying him his wages then.

That might motivate him a bit more :)

1 minute ago, alanbauld said:

Wighton and a few others might play a lot better without a crowd, great chance to get some confidence without being barracked by the dubious supporters who exist amongst us. Will be very interesting to see how the players react to the atmosphere, so far they have looked fit, sharp and keen,

The players were hung out to dry last season by a manager who was trying too hard to be clever. See also Vanacek.

Any criticism of the players was really an indirect criticism of the buffoon in charge (and usually is).

16 minutes ago, gov said:

ahhh - yes - you're right. seems that RN feels AW has had enough time to prove himself. Might be that whatever his serious injury is has not 100% recovered. Makes sense to want another LB to compete with Garrucio

16 minutes ago, gov said:

He (White) was one of the players at my FOH plot ceremony and he certainly didn't talk like he was timid about pushing himself, saying he finally felt injury free and really wanted to push on to thank the club and hoped to get back to international level

2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

70s for me. Not great times but with people like Cruiky, Ford, Busby Prentice and Anderson, i remember a team who at least tried. My last real memory of this current team is the "couldnt give a toss" look on Damours puss as he was subbed agsinst St Mirren, having played a major part in their goal, the one that ultimately doomed us to championship football. 

You missed Jefferies and Ernie Winchester!

3 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

Here is today's question...

Is this still a transfer thread  ?  Or is this another CL/Budge bashing thread ?  

I think we will see another midfielder in, maybe another striker, others will be dependent on players moving out.

This Halliday drivel needs to be put to bed, not happening... thankfully.

Centre Back is a worry for me. Soapy out for a while and even if he gets over the injury it will be even longer before he can play. Berra has had too many injuries of late that we can’t rely on him and his form at Hearts has let him down. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I would much prefer that we saved money this summer and tried to make it happen with the bones of the existing squad. Don’t get me wrong, we need to be covered but I’d rather a big rebuild came after promotion so we don’t get lumbered with more Championship players 

37 minutes ago, Ribble said:

He (White) was one of the players at my FOH plot ceremony and he certainly didn't talk like he was timid about pushing himself, saying he finally felt injury free and really wanted to push on to thank the club and hoped to get back to international level

Maybe he is tbh, it was only said on here so I don't count it as fact! Hopefully he does kick on under Robbie! 

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I would much prefer that we saved money this summer and tried to make it happen with the bones of the existing squad. Don’t get me wrong, we need to be covered but I’d rather a big rebuild came after promotion so we don’t get lumbered with more Championship players 

Where im at. Looks like no fans this side of Easter. Get rid of the dross, Damour for example, a go with what we have. 

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Where im at. Looks like no fans this side of Easter. Get rid of the dross, Damour for example, a go with what we have. 

How should we do this?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

If these players can’t get out of the Championship, I’m really not sure what’s left for them in the game 

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

How should we do this?

Agreed, thats the tough bit. A whip round to pay him off if needed, maybe. 

Looking at the squad we have at the moment there shouldn't really be a need for many more players to come in. I am worried about central defence a bit though. Souttar out, Berra unfit (and old) and Halkett who is better as a defensive midfield type than an out and out centre back. We have a young lad and heard when i was on holiday recently we've brought in some St Mirren ex-player from abroad. I think we still need an out and out centre half and probably another striker. If Naismith gets injured there's really only Boyce. Wighton...meh! Other than that i don't think we're short in the defensive midfield area with Haring, Irving and Damour (if he stays). Then you have Lee, Cochrane and others who can step in there like Smith and as said, Halkett.  If we do need another midfielder then it'll have to be someone to play in the no. 10/Naismith or Walker role. I've forgotten  who else we've brought in so maybe one of them can play there. Actually, can someone post the names of all  the new signings as i'm not sure (with being away) how many there's been, i thought five but could've missed someone. Would be appreciated, thanks.

34 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Agreed, thats the tough bit. A whip round to pay him off if needed, maybe. 

You've avoided the question.  (You suggest RN and the club are not trying)

How do we do it?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
19 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Looking at the squad we have at the moment there shouldn't really be a need for many more players to come in. I am worried about central defence a bit though. Souttar out, Berra unfit (and old) and Halkett who is better as a defensive midfield type than an out and out centre back. We have a young lad and heard when i was on holiday recently we've brought in some St Mirren ex-player from abroad. I think we still need an out and out centre half and probably another striker. If Naismith gets injured there's really only Boyce. Wighton...meh! Other than that i don't think we're short in the defensive midfield area with Haring, Irving and Damour (if he stays). Then you have Lee, Cochrane and others who can step in there like Smith and as said, Halkett.  If we do need another midfielder then it'll have to be someone to play in the no. 10/Naismith or Walker role. I've forgotten  who else we've brought in so maybe one of them can play there. Actually, can someone post the names of all  the new signings as i'm not sure (with being away) how many there's been, i thought five but could've missed someone. Would be appreciated, thanks.

If Wighton can’t deliver something in this league then jeez, what on earth did we see in him? 

31 minutes ago, jambonian said:

looking at the friendly line-ups, I'd say our first choice midfield will be Lee and Irving. 

Then Haring to slowly be introduced.

Then its a pick from Damour (if still around), Cochrane, MacDonald etc

26 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If Wighton can’t deliver something in this league then jeez, what on earth did we see in him? 

Srill nothing about TRANSFERS, Dawn?: just the same old crap.

jamboinglasgow

Some minor transfer activity today, Cian Kavanagh has joined Cowdenbeath (Irish U18 striker)

Appears to be permanent rather than a loan.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Fortunately the evidence is that he can deliver in this league, given that he scored three in the five games on loan to Arbroath at the start of the year before the league was prematurely ended (including the winner at Tannadice). In fact with Wighton up front, Arbroath won 3 and drew 2 and moved up to a comfortable fifth in the Championship when it was called. With ten games to go and a game in hand, it’s quite possible that Arbroath would have made the play offs given the chance. 

38 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Some minor transfer activity today, Cian Kavanagh has joined Cowdenbeath (Irish U18 striker)

Appears to be permanent rather than a loan.

Do we have any young centre forwards left?

SomethingAboutObua
1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Do we have any young centre forwards left?

Did we not just take Andy Kirks son on a full time contract from youth? I dont know what it is about Hearts but we never develop good strikers from our youth system 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Srill nothing about TRANSFERS, Dawn?: just the same old crap.

No need to talk about Wighton like that.....

::troll::  

24 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Did we not just take Andy Kirks son on a full time contract from youth? I dont know what it is about Hearts but we never develop good strikers from our youth system 

They seem quite confident about kirk

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You've avoided the question.  (You suggest RN and the club are not trying)

How do we do it?

I didn't suggest anything, i said that in my opinion it would be good to get rid. Im no football agent, i have no in depth knowledge of how these moves take place. Therefore, how it occurs, if at all, ill leave upto the experts, such h as RN, JJ and the club

Whom i have total faith in. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Ma Roon said:

The last top goalscorer we brought through from the youth team was John Robertson 

Jamie Walker and before him Calum Paterson? Unbelievable how few strikers we've brought through in recent years though.

2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

I didn't suggest anything, i said that in my opinion it would be good to get rid. Im no football agent, i have no in depth knowledge of how these moves take place. Therefore, how it occurs, if at all, ill leave upto the experts, such h as RN, JJ and the club

Whom i have total faith in. 

You are correct a lot of time is being spent on player movement but because of the structure of some contracts interested clubs, so far,  are reluctant to mirror the players Hearts contract.  Still time though as Uche had his Hearts contract matched ... who would have thought.

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

To be fair, what he says has nothing to do with transfers  and what you say is only trying to keep things off topic.

We have already got rid of around 15 players and the signs so far are that incoming transfer strategy has improved.

We never know however until the season gets under way how things will pan out but continual moaning on the same well worn crap will not improve anything.  Maybe you can suggest a cost-efficient way the club can employ to move out contracted players.

Well that’s just the point. There is NO cost effective way to move out contracted players. A legacy we’ve been left with which effects our ability to trade up to more effective players. You’re right though. No sense in moaning about it. It is what it is and it’s not going to be wholly fixed for a good while yet and the impact made on the situation so far is about to be seen (or not as the case may be)

24 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

You are correct a lot of time is being spent on player movement but because of the structure of some contracts interested clubs, so far,  are reluctant to mirror the players Hearts contract.  Still time though as Uche had his Hearts contract matched ... who would have thought.

This may be one factor but with clubs having no certainty re income, they will not be dashing around looking to add to their wage bill.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Fortunately the evidence is that he can deliver in this league, given that he scored three in the five games on loan to Arbroath at the start of the year before the league was prematurely ended (including the winner at Tannadice). In fact with Wighton up front, Arbroath won 3 and drew 2 and moved up to a comfortable fifth in the Championship when it was called. With ten games to go and a game in hand, it’s quite possible that Arbroath would have made the play offs given the chance. 

This is what I mean. He should be able to do a job for this season only.