Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Ive already got my timetable, catering and booze all planned out. For a friendly against Partick!!!!!!

Only 5 more sleeps. 

Sad as😂

😂😂 I'm the exact same 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Just now, gov said:

😂😂 I'm the exact same 

Im a 58 year old man feeling like a kid a christmas. Really need to get a life eh. 

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Im a 58 year old man feeling like a kid a christmas. Really need to get a life eh. 

I may be 58 by the time we get back into tynie and I'm only 30 the now 😂

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

And there we have the problem as to why we have been saddled with so many mediocre players. CL giving them a chance and deals but that’s another argument.

If you don’t think we need an enforcer type in the middle of the park to help us dig results out at places like Morton and Alloa then you’re delusional. Last time we had both Gomis and Pallardo who were more than capable of putting their foot in. Even Bauben had a bit of physicality. This time we have Haring who is more than capable but is someone who we really shouldn’t be relying on. Damour has already shown in top flight that he is not capable of a physical battle. Who else, Lee??? Not his game. Cochrane, unless he’s bulked up, no chance. Irving, possibly. Yes we should have more possession but the last time we got the ball so much from the pressing game and fitness in the middle of the park. 

As I said, I’m not advocating his signing but he is a type of player that we need. He knows the game in Scotland and is less of a risk than a Damour type. 

As for playing LB against Boyle, look at our other options. Are they any better. Do they give you any less of the fear. 

Glad you agree with the first bit, but you want to keep it going by signing a guy for two games? Someone who will cost £3-5k a week on a 3/4 year deal, if he has changed his mind about playing in Scotland? Although we’ve got Haring, who will need eased back in but will play if fit. 

Damour did ok in the English Championship, for a manager that doesn’t put away guys that aren’t up for a physical challenge. Whether Neilson can get the best out of him who knows, if we can’t get him off the wage bill then h will get a chance I would imagine. 
Hopefully we will have the fitness to press and get the back back, because we have better quality this time. 
As for Left Back, like Scotland, he doesn’t want to play there. Neilson is looking for a new Left Back anyway, but Garuccio has done well against Boyle in the past. 
Whether we can afford another midfielder, alongside the other positions he wants to strengthen, unless someone leaves, is the real question. We already have 29 players in the squad where he said he would ideally have 16 or 18 senior pros topped up with youngsters. 

4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

For which club though? 

We can't let him go.

Telling you, he'll take that championship by storm. 

You wait and see.

10 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

We can't let him go.

Telling you, he'll take that championship by storm. 

You wait and see.

And then what ?

Another two season of pish ? Let him go now.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Ive already got my timetable, catering and booze all planned out. For a friendly against Partick!!!!!!

Only 5 more sleeps. 

Sad as😂

Me too.. 

Cannae wait to booooo at the TV. 😉

10 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Not sad at all. We all need our fix and I am already foaming from the helmet at the thought which is a bit embarrassing as I am on the beach at North Berwick in my pineapple chunks......

😂

14 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

All I can comment on is what I saw with my own eyes. Gomis and buaben strolled the championship, and didn't when we were promoted.

the space and time you get in a lower league is noticeable. We don't need to do a new rangers and have a pirlo strutting about v alloa.

Did you see us get 3rd in the league with your own eyes in our first season back in the SPL with Gomis and Buaben in the team?

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

EEN intereview with RN posted this morning said "a few out", and hopefully 2 in. 

At least 2:

We have [former St Mirren defender Mihai] Popescu coming in after quarantine but we are still looking to add one or two at least and there will be a few bodies who go out, whether that be on permanent or loan deals to free up space.”

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Did you see us get 3rd in the league with your own eyes in our first season back in the SPL with Gomis and Buaben in the team?

Gomis dropped out a bit on promotion, played half what he did in the championship then got punted. 

Prince also played far less over the two seasons in the top league, they helped get third but both were not Good enough to be mainstays. 

Gomis in particular was struggling, as did Pallardo. 

Using your logic - where guys like Sammon  good enough? 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Gomis dropped out a bit on promotion, played half what he did in the championship then got punted. 

Prince also played far less over the two seasons in the top league, they helped get third but both were not Good enough to be mainstays. 

Thanks SRB. We did start that campaign with those two in midfield - and why not - they were excellent the season before, but tailed off as the season in the top flight progressed. Real shame as I was a big fan of Gomis in partic.

The first time the team has a bad game people on here will be blaming us not signing Halliday, who since he left the Rangers has turned into a mixture of Sergei Busquets and Dani Alves. 

NaturalOrder74
16 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The first time the team has a bad game people on here will be blaming us not signing Halliday, who since he left the Rangers has turned into a mixture of Sergei Busquets and Dani Alves. 

is he off the cards now ? 

13 minutes ago, Tazio said:

See.......

Nobody has once claimed he’s some sort of top class footballer......those type of opinions  would be utterly ridiculous.

But what is equally ridiculous is the ACTUAL opinions saying he’s shite, murder and not better than what we have etc etc etc.

Anyone saying Halliday wouldn’t do a job for us in the championship is not worth paying any attention to.

4 hours ago, gov said:

Soooo....we expecting any movement this week then 🥱 

There is a lot of activity going on .... and everyone tight lipped.  Talking to the representatives of a left back is all I know

6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

See.......

Nobody has once claimed he’s some sort of top class footballer......those type of opinions  would be utterly ridiculous.

But what is equally ridiculous is the ACTUAL opinions saying he’s shite, murder and not better than what we have etc etc etc.

Anyone saying Halliday wouldn’t do a job for us in the championship is not worth paying any attention to.

A few pages back someone has said he would be the best left back in the country. That wasn’t a joke, they meant it. People have also said he would stroll the league and that “he’s just the sort of player we need” and would improve us immeasurably.

I have consistently stated he’s not a good player, but have indicated that he could do a job in the championship. They’re not mutually exclusive, the championship is full of terrible footballers. I have however also said he’d be found out at Premiership level and for that reason (along with an actual list like I supplied earlier) he would be a waste of money.

43 minutes ago, droid said:

At least 2:

We have [former St Mirren defender Mihai] Popescu coming in after quarantine but we are still looking to add one or two at least and there will be a few bodies who go out, whether that be on permanent or loan deals to free up space.”

It was said on here two weeks ago that it was a busy week coming up with 2 in 2 out. I think nothing happened that week at all

and it was only the next week Popescu signed. A lot more substance to it if Neilson says it, but doesn’t necessarily mean anything will happen this week.

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, Tazio said:

nah, we never signed Shankland, that will always be the reason we don't win a game.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

When does the transfer window close again?

9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

5 October I think.

That might not include players without contracts tho.

26 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

A few pages back someone has said he would be the best left back in the country. That wasn’t a joke, they meant it. People have also said he would stroll the league and that “he’s just the sort of player we need” and would improve us immeasurably.

I have consistently stated he’s not a good player, but have indicated that he could do a job in the championship. They’re not mutually exclusive, the championship is full of terrible footballers. I have however also said he’d be found out at Premiership level and for that reason (along with an actual list like I supplied earlier) he would be a waste of money.

The guy played 50 games at Premiership level in the last two seasons for the second best team in the country. I don’t know how he could have achieved that if he wasn’t a good footballer tbh. It really does defy all logic.

How many of our current batch of midfielders would be good enough to play that amount of games for a top 3 club ?

He’s no world beater by any stretch but he’d certainly get a game for everyone outside Celtic, Aberdeen and Rangers.

Hibs have signed Stephen McGinn and I’d say Halliday is better than him. He’d also be a better signing than Craig Bryson who has joined his second Premiership club in a year. 

Halliday would strengthen the squad as he can play a couple of positions and I would not be against him getting a 2 year deal. Nothing more.

Edited by DH1986

Been listening to Halliday and anytime he's questioned or it's hinted at about a Hearts move it's more of a "no comment" response, one of those "i'm saying nothing" types and trying to change the subject. Think if he really wasn't interested he'd say something like "that's not happening" or similar. He hasn't.

Would he improve our team? Probably. He wouldn't make it any worse to be honest. You don't play for Rangers for that long without being at least half decent. Question for me though is more of why no-one else appears to be interested in signing him? If he's as good as some people think, you'd maybe expect a club like Aberdeen, Hibs, Motherwell to be looking at him. Maybe even Dundee Utd or even a club down south. Or is there more to it, like he'll arrive at Hearts if we can get one or two others out the door first? Maybe that's what he's waiting for? Or maybe Hearts are just not interested in signing him anyway. No-one knows. If he did sign, fine, if he goes elsewhere, fair enough. 

16 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Been listening to Halliday and anytime he's questioned or it's hinted at about a Hearts move it's more of a "no comment" response, one of those "i'm saying nothing" types and trying to change the subject. Think if he really wasn't interested he'd say something like "that's not happening" or similar. He hasn't.

Would he improve our team? Probably. He wouldn't make it any worse to be honest. You don't play for Rangers for that long without being at least half decent. Question for me though is more of why no-one else appears to be interested in signing him? If he's as good as some people think, you'd maybe expect a club like Aberdeen, Hibs, Motherwell to be looking at him. Maybe even Dundee Utd or even a club down south. Or is there more to it, like he'll arrive at Hearts if we can get one or two others out the door first? Maybe that's what he's waiting for? Or maybe Hearts are just not interested in signing him anyway. No-one knows. If he did sign, fine, if he goes elsewhere, fair enough. 

I feel like the bit in bold is the main reason people think he'd improve our team, fact is he may have played for rangers but we're talking about one of the worst squads they've had in their history, they'd sent him to Azerbaijan on loan when they started to turn their attention to challenging celtic. If Murty hadn't brought him in from the cold he would have been chucked years ago

Edited by BigAlim

52 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

nah, we never signed Shankland, that will always be the reason we don't win a game.

Free transfer as well.  Levein went for Wighton instead :lol: 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

See.......

It the terms of the signing that matter, not the signing itself. Levein would have done this on a four year deal. At most we should be giving Halliday two. The Championship is a pish league and even though we need to be prepared for it, our investment in players should do towards prospects who can improve and make us a competitive Premier League side. I doubt a 31/32 year old Halliday is going to do that.

37 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

The guy played 50 games at Premiership level in the last two seasons for the second best team in the country. I don’t know how he could have achieved that if he wasn’t a good footballer tbh. It really does defy all logic.

How many of our current batch of midfielders would be good enough to play that amount of games for a top 3 club ?

He’s no world beater by any stretch but he’d certainly get a game for everyone outside Celtic, Aberdeen and Rangers.

Hibs have signed Stephen McGinn and I’d say Halliday is better than him. He’d also be a better signing than Craig Bryson who has joined his second Premiership club in a year. 

Halliday would strengthen the squad as he can play a couple of positions and I would not be against him getting a 2 year deal. Nothing more.

If what you say was true he would’ve been inundated with offers to the point he would’ve signed for someone two months ago before the Premiership season has started and wouldn’t even gives the likes of a championship side a look in. But he hasn’t signed for anyone - that in itself tells a story.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It the terms of the signing that matter, not the signing itself. Levein would have done this on a four year deal. At most we should be giving Halliday two. The Championship is a pish league and even though we need to be prepared for it, our investment in players should do towards prospects who can improve and make us a competitive Premier League side. I doubt a 31/32 year old Halliday is going to do that.

Was it not you who was taking objection to me pointing out the Championship is shit, and saying that we’d skoosh it?

just watching the training video from today. I notice that Damour is still training with the main group as normal. Also looked as though Harry Stone Took some part in training

5 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Was it not you who was taking objection to me pointing out the Championship is shit, and saying that we’d skoosh it?

I'm struggling to understand why you bother interacting with him, he makes me want to slash my own throat. 

It's like he's here to suck the life and enjoyment out of supporting Hearts.

Please tell me you have good reason for interacting with him.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Just to jump in - Sammon wasn’t signed our first season back up 

47 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Jason Holt player 60 games in the Premiership for Rangers. Should we go for him?  

Rangers were absolutely shite when they played for them. It means nothing. 

4 hours ago, gov said:

I really shouldn't be so excited for a friendly but I can't wait to actually watch the team play a full game, even if it is from the tv!

Have they said how we access watching this yet?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
31 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Doubt it, if we don’t win this pub league by 20 points I’ll be disappointed 

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Doubt it, if we don’t win this pub league by 20 points I’ll be disappointed 

Agreed. If we don’t win every game I will be also disappointed. 

Guest ToqueJambo
16 hours ago, Last Laff said:

You start your post with lies and fiction and continue all the way through.  Fair play.  

"A fantastic scoring record" 5 years ago maybe, yes.   Naismith was played out of position to accommodate two huddies and hoofball.  When that was found out (sorry, sorry, Injureeeeez) the baw was burst.  Naismiths legs are gone.  You may have not noticed.  Up top he will do a job but in midfield?  Aye okay. 

Even last season Walker got 4 in 23. We didn't play hoofball at all in the start of 18/19. And a striker playing in the hole is not the same as playing in midfield. As I say, it's very clear you don't watch Hearts or maybe even football at all.

43 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I'm struggling to understand why you bother interacting with him, he makes me want to slash my own throat. 

It's like he's here to suck the life and enjoyment out of supporting Hearts.

Please tell me you have good reason for interacting with him.

Just bored. The scientist in me likes to try and figure things out. :lol:

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Free transfer as well.  Levein went for Wighton instead :lol: 

Shankland was not available for free when we signed Wighton. 

55 minutes ago, bazman said:

just watching the training video from today. I notice that Damour is still training with the main group as normal. Also looked as though Harry Stone Took some part in training

Why wouldn't he? Have I missed something? He's still a Hearts player so unless he's away talking to a team he should be in training and preparing to start the season as a Hearts player. 

Good to see Stone back in training. Hopefully he's not out for long.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Apart from categorically saying he couldn’t see himself playing for another Scottish club and wants to go to the MLS?

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18469795.ex-rangers-star-andy-halliday-targets-mls-move-released-ibrox/

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Shankland was not available for free when we signed Wighton. 

They were both valued at around £150k. Horrendous decision to buy Wighton. 

10 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Why wouldn't he? Have I missed something? He's still a Hearts player so unless he's away talking to a team he should be in training and preparing to start the season as a Hearts player. 

Good to see Stone back in training. Hopefully he's not out for long.

Exactly, Clare and Uche were training before they left as was Hickey.

Berra than you
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They were both valued at around £150k. Horrendous decision to buy Wighton. 

To be fair (and I don't like being fair to our recruitment in the last few seasons) but shankland had had one good season at league 1 level, with reports of being a lazy trainer leading him to leave Aberdeen. Wighton was highly thought of also at that time, playing at a higher level, albeit scored a lot, lot less goals. I agree that we should have been looking at shankland at that time, and we should not have paid what we did for Wighton, but had we spent his fee on Shankland their would have been rage on here

Is there much validity in the Halliday rumour or is it just rumours? Anyone remember when he broke through at Livi, him Griffiths and a couple of others got taken to Italy for a trial with Parma? I'm sure this happened but not 100%!