Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

11 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

White was a good player displaying top pace and endeavour.  I think he fell short on the defensive side at times playing in a back 4.  If he could get trained/mentored into playing the offside rule better, I don't see why he couldn't play in the championship, injury proneness aside. 

He has played very successfully at a much higher level

I thought White was ok in the games he played. Can't really recall him having any stinkers and was one of the players that gave 100%. 

jamboinglasgow
28 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Not sure why people are so keen to get rid of White ?

Yes had serious injury problems in the past but think last season main injury problems were 2 facial injuries ?

What i am saying is that it is just a general clear out, especially if has been suggested on here that Robbie wants Kingsley at left back and Watson as back up. I actually think White is ok, but felt we never really saw his full potential, if he stays I will be happy with that but i think the club are clearing players out for ones Robbie wants

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Stendelnator
5 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I thought White was ok in the games he played. Can't really recall him having any stinkers and was one of the players that gave 100%. 

His debut was one of the worst I’ve ever seen in fairness. 

5 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I think if he can get an injury free  pre season behind him it would be interesting to see how he does.

I don't think he did all that bad last season and is worth giving another chance especially if Hickey goes which is almost certain.

Think White played well in The Rangers cup game.

Couple of times his pace saved us when they got in behind.

If he is fit he would walk the championship.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Madjambo21 said:

He's fast as **** Tbh and good on the ball. 

Defensively not great and as expected his fitness was an issue, if he can go without getting smashed in the face he might be good. 

Jambof3tornado
16 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Yup, keeper and defensively we were poor but dont remember venting my spleen in whites direction!

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Not for me, played well but tired badly with 20 odd to go. 

I think iirc we had 1 maybe 2 go off injured and he had to stay on when I'm sure he would have been subbed. 

No where near the worst debut imo. 

Auld Reekin'
3 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

White vs Eckersley

i would say White is the better imho

Well, White was certainly better for us than Eckersley was for h1b5...   :whistling:  :thumbsup:

Berra than you
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not for me, played well but tired badly with 20 odd to go. 

I think iirc we had 1 maybe 2 go off injured and he had to stay on when I'm sure he would have been subbed. 

No where near the worst debut imo. 

What was his debut again? Was it the home game against Ross county in the league? I recall he gave away a very comical penalty.

David McCaig
12 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Its best to think of last season as a proof of concept season for White.  After 2.5 years out, was his body up to professional football or was it career over?  He showed that he can still play and he now has the chance to complete a full pre season and get back to the player that he was.

All the players were shite. Not just White. Halkett was especially shite, Naisy was shite, Walker was shite, Souttar was shite, M. Smith was shite they were all shite. 

I have faith that Robbie will get these guys confidence back and we will see the best of them again, including White. Clean slates. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Berra than you said:

What was his debut again? Was it the home game against Ross county in the league? I recall he gave away a very comical penalty.

Yeah, he was ****ed after 70, gave away a daft pk at the end. 

Played well before he was ****ed imo. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Cruyff said:

All the players were shite. Not just White. Halkett was especially shite, Naisy was shite, Walker was shite, Souttar was shite, M. Smith was shite they were all shite. 

I have faith that Robbie will get these guys confidence back and we will see the best of them again, including White. Clean slates. 

Smith, Hickey n Clare got pass marks fir me. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Smith, Hickey n Clare got pass marks fir me. 

They were shite. We finished 12th pal, nae ****ers getting passmarks for last season. 

Berra than you
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, he was ****ed after 70, gave away a daft pk at the end. 

Played well before he was ****ed imo. 

Yeah he did play well to begin with. Can't be good coming back after so long out and likely wouldn't have started had hickey not been suspended. That penalty was very strange. Ball hit off the corner flag before the striker dribbled into the box. Despite the ball being far from the box I always felt he'd give away a pen due to how knackered he was.

White will get better and come good imo. Had been out the game for a bit with a bad injury. Dropping down a league will do him good. Get his confidence up and be a good player for us the season after next. 

Whatsthefuture
53 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Aidy White stinks. He’s just so so bad and he has to go.

I see people saying this. I would say the games he was playing he done relatively well. The Rangers game he went off with a face injury, he was one of the best in the park. Yes agree he is injury prone. But you can see he does have ability. But each to there own 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

Agree with this. We should all be in a place where we are wishing one of our best young talents all the best for the future. He should be about to embark upon the next step of what will hopefully be a fantastic football career at one of the top clubs in Europe. Instead we have Celtic’s presence sullying the whole thing with their unique stench. Hope that Hickey goes to Bayern, Lyon or Bologna and the first thing he does is empty O’Donnel as his agent, and hire somebody from the country he ends up in. Somebody with connections at other big clubs and who doesn’t have Celtic bedsheets and posters in his bedroom.

I agree, you want to see players that move onto bigger clubs than Hearts (outwith Scotland) do well and have a fantastic career. When they do well it gives you a bit of pride. Even if he does not make it full time at Bayern, going to another Bundesliga club and making his name there will make a great career.

Its funny, was looking on twitter to find out if the other Scot due to go to Bayern at the same time, 16 year old Barry Hepburn from Celtic, had his deal completed yet, and saw a few comments from Celtic fans about Hickey. Basically with it looking certain him going to Bayern rather then Celtic, they are saying he will end up doing nothing in his career (funnily enough they dont have this view for all the young players they hoover up but never use.)

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I agree, you want to see players that move onto bigger clubs than Hearts (outwith Scotland) do well and have a fantastic career. When they do well it gives you a bit of pride. Even if he does not make it full time at Bayern, going to another Bundesliga club and making his name there will make a great career.

Its funny, was looking on twitter to find out if the other Scot due to go to Bayern at the same time, 16 year old Barry Hepburn from Celtic, had his deal completed yet, and saw a few comments from Celtic fans about Hickey. Basically with it looking certain him going to Bayern rather then Celtic, they are saying he will end up doing nothing in his career (funnily enough they dont have this view for all the young players they hoover up but never use.)

The Celtic fans views on Hickey switched overnight. He went from great signing for Celtic to what do Bayern want him for. Typical Celtic. 

7 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Anyone heard any more about Akhmatov?

I'd imagine he was waiting until we could train in big groups, play 11v11's and friendlies, the SPFL have kinda ****ed that. If we really want him, I'd think he'd still be in Edinburgh.

Get rid of:

White

Hickey (inevitable)

Lee

Damour

Wighton

Henderson (loan)

Then push the boat out for Irvine and Kingsley in particular before assessing winger and striker options

8 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Anyone heard any more about Akhmatov?

No but strikes me as the kind of signing we made when Levein was here, untested and will likely be poor. Might look half decent on the You Tube videos but looks like College level football. He isn't for me, if he had any potential someone would have snapped him up by now. Would rather we got players in that are tried and tested and we know what they are about. We have thrown money away on absolutely horrendous foreigners previously. 

8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Mate, they are an absolutely rancid club. So many of their fans are just complete *****. They are given the script when they are in their cots. The PR machine feeds it and they start to believe it themselves. Horrible horrible football club, but they have a massive advantage over many others, in that they all sing from the same song sheet. They buy in to the “more than just a club” mantra and actually believe they are some kind of political movement. They act as though being Celtic is a way of life. They have a list of fundamental myths that they all believe and if you engage one of them on a subject, you end up having to swing your way through an entire pack of the deluded rancid animals.

1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Get rid of:

White

Hickey (inevitable)

Lee

Damour

Wighton

Henderson (loan)

Then push the boat out for Irvine and Kingsley in particular before assessing winger and striker options

I would keep Lee. Only one that has any quality from set pieces or shooting ability from outside the box. 

Holyrood_Hearts
2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Get rid of:

White

Hickey (inevitable)

Lee

Damour

Wighton

Henderson (loan)

We’re not signing Jackson Irvine. Can’t believe people actually keep posting this rubbish 

2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Get rid of:

White

Hickey (inevitable)

Lee

Damour

Wighton

Henderson (loan)

I think that's probably a fair post. Kingsley and Irvine would certainly improve us. 

2 minutes ago, PauloSergio said:

My pal asked akhmatov boy if he’s joining and he said this: 

766A2855-B793-477A-A09F-EAD867BE94AE.png

I can neither confirm, nor deny.....

I think we are wanting to have a proper look at him with the rest of the players, not just jumping in and signing him like previous punts.

if he's decent and works well with the group - offer a contract, if not - sorry, thanks for coming over but you're not what we are looking for.

sensible approach if you ask me

1 hour ago, Stendelnator said:

His first competitive game after a major injury and years out of the game.... geezzzz

Pasquale for King
22 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Disappointing. Seems to have done well this season so far for Hibs. 

Was the best player on the park against Utd, wasn’t hard right enough. 

18 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Do we think Frear has opshuns, can't believe he hasn't taken our offer............

I believe he is looking for a longer contract .. I read somewhere we offered him a year

Leveins Battalion

I think Robbie is looking to go down the evolution route rather than revolution.

Signing new players on mass season after season as Levein did has meant that the progression of our younger guys is not what it could of been,signings guys like Bozanic and Langer directly affects the developments of Irving and Smith/Cochrane.Similar Meshino/Avdijaj affect how McDonald develops.

It frustrates the life out of me that we cannot produce a striker though and have actually spent a transfer fee on Wighton.:levein2:

upgotheheads
34 minutes ago, Whatsthefuture said:

I see people saying this. I would say the games he was playing he done relatively well. The Rangers game he went off with a face injury, he was one of the best in the park. Yes agree he is injury prone. But you can see he does have ability. But each to there own 

He came back from a very long injury so this might be his first pre season in years. This season will be make or break at this level I'm guessing.

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Stendelnator said:

Ran about against Hamilton at tyney ,like a pub league player  truly woeful......

46 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Chris Martin is free

probably well out of our range

Jackson Irvine would be a great addition 

Definitely.

9 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

I believe he is looking for a longer contract .. I read somewhere we offered him a year

We did offer him one year and he was away back down south to consider it.

29 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

We’re not signing Jackson Irvine. Can’t believe people actually keep posting this rubbish 

Well we can live in hope that we get someone of this sort of calibre in if not him.

Just out of curiosity how do you know we are not signing him?

2 minutes ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

Take Haring out the central midfield section and it looks very bleak! 

The worry there is we don't even know yet if Haring is going to be fully fit and able to play yet. 

No wonder Robbie wants another CM.

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The worry there is we don't even know yet if Haring is going to be fully fit and able to play yet. 

No wonder Robbie wants another CM.

CM will be the priority I suspect. We have been devoid of quality in there for a long time. Gomis was tremendous the season we came up, probably player of the year for me, he dictated the way and tempo we played at. Seemed to be a yard slow the next again season but we could do with someone like him who can put his foot on the ball and control a game. Djoum was another that was decent and probably not appreciated until he is away. Maybe injuries hampered him but he was definitely one that had ability that we miss.