Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

All this talk of Cummings is probably just that, but I'm guessing both Robbie and JJ would have been at the club at some point whilst he was in the youth team so they'll know exactly what they're getting with him. If he comes I'll trust they're judgement and not some internet weirdos calling him a weirdo.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

8 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

apparently before Cummings move to shrewsbury his agent had a meeting about a possible easter road return. Dempster told him he'd never play for the club (hibs) again.

that and being a boyhood hearts fans, i think he'd be keen should opportunity ever arise. For some reason i could just see it work

Not following her reasoning, why would she have told him that? I can't see this Cummings chat being in any way true but stranger things have happened.

Aaron Hickey transfer latest as Lyon join race for Hearts youngster

The teenager is wanted by the likes of Bayern Munich and Bologna and now Lyon have registered an interest.

Lyon are the latest big European club to register an interest in Hearts kid Aaron Hickey.

The French cracks have joined German giants Bayern Munich and Italian side Bologna in trying to snare the teenager from Tynecastle. Hickey has already visited Bayern and Bologna’s set-up – but Hearts have yet to accept an offer.

Several concrete bids are expected to land in Gorgie for Hickey this week.

Meanwhile, Steven Naismith has accused the SPFL and SFA of not having a proper plan in place for COVID-19 after Hearts were banned from training. 

The Jambos skipper insists the club are right to be angry at the decision to stop them training after they paid out a huge expense to get them back for pre-season.

Hearts have a Scottish Cup semi-final in October to prepare for as well as the Championship but it's the former that really frustrates them with the other three clubs already back in league action. 

(Image: SNS Group)

But Naismith believes the JRG are constantly on the back foot instead of being pro-active in their approach to solving the problems facing the game. 

Show Player

He told BBC Sportscene: "We’re hugely disappointed because the amount of work and expense that gone into getting us up-and-running for training. The club have been perfect in terms of the way they’ve been redoing the training ground and the way we do things.

"It’s bitterly disappointing, it all seems a bit reactive rather than having one clear plan from the off to say ‘whatever circumstances we come up against this is what we’ll do.

"I think that’s the anger and the issue really lies. It’s all a bit ‘just make a decision’ straight off the back of something rather than having the decision in place.

"It’s definitely reactive."

8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Aaron Hickey transfer latest as Lyon join race for Hearts youngster

The teenager is wanted by the likes of Bayern Munich and Bologna and now Lyon have registered an interest.

Lyon are the latest big European club to register an interest in Hearts kid Aaron Hickey.

The French cracks have joined German giants Bayern Munich and Italian side Bologna in trying to snare the teenager from Tynecastle. Hickey has already visited Bayern and Bologna’s set-up – but Hearts have yet to accept an offer.

Several concrete bids are expected to land in Gorgie for Hickey this week.

Meanwhile, Steven Naismith has accused the SPFL and SFA of not having a proper plan in place for COVID-19 after Hearts were banned from training. 

The Jambos skipper insists the club are right to be angry at the decision to stop them training after they paid out a huge expense to get them back for pre-season.

Hearts have a Scottish Cup semi-final in October to prepare for as well as the Championship but it's the former that really frustrates them with the other three clubs already back in league action. 

(Image: SNS Group)

But Naismith believes the JRG are constantly on the back foot instead of being pro-active in their approach to solving the problems facing the game. 

Show Player

He told BBC Sportscene: "We’re hugely disappointed because the amount of work and expense that gone into getting us up-and-running for training. The club have been perfect in terms of the way they’ve been redoing the training ground and the way we do things.

"It’s bitterly disappointing, it all seems a bit reactive rather than having one clear plan from the off to say ‘whatever circumstances we come up against this is what we’ll do.

"I think that’s the anger and the issue really lies. It’s all a bit ‘just make a decision’ straight off the back of something rather than having the decision in place.

"It’s definitely reactive."

8 match ban coming for him 

Howdy Doody Jambo

When is Barcelona and Real Madrid going to join the race for Hickey? Will it be before or after Liverpool table an offer? 

It must be great for the kid having options to escape a footballing career in tin pot scottish fitbaw 

can we ask as part of the deal, we can maybe take a bit of the price, if they will give the rest of the squad a "2 week trial" and then say we'll just take hickey?

1 hour ago, Gav M said:

can we ask as part of the deal, we can maybe take a bit of the price, if they will give the rest of the squad a "2 week trial" and then say we'll just take hickey?

We can ask but I'm not sure they will know what we are asking.

It doesn't matter who comes in for him. Bayern are his best option. In the Top 5 biggest clubs on earth and they promote youngsters. It's a no brainer, surely? 

14 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

I'd be delighted if we sign Cummings. Definitely need another striker in the squad with Uche going. 

The other player I would like to see us re-sign is Billy King. He's a similar age to Cummings and was a big part of the Hearts team that won the Championship, with pretty decent stats for goals and assists as I recall.

Can't see Robbie signing him given that if memory serves he moved him on from both Hearts and United. But he fits the bill of what he's looking for in a fast direct winger. Younger and in my opinion better than Frear.

Like Cummings he hasn't exactly set the heather on fire in the last few years and is currently at St Patrick's (I think) although possibly out of contract with them.

I know I'll get pelters for suggesting signing another ex-Hearts player. But the case I would make for him is that since he left none of his replacements have performed as well as he did eg Zanatta, Mulraney, Morrison, etc.

I always rated him more highly than Nicholson because he had a better end product and looked to cross more than shoot. Never felt he got a fair crack at Hearts when we got promoted.

His confidence may be shot but I don't think he's had any major injury. Would love to see him get the chance to prove himself even just to give him a week or two of training as they did with Frear.

I think Cummings could be an excellent signing. I also think that King would be a good move too. I'm still baffled why we let him go. His stats were very similar to both Nicholson and Walker and IMO he had excellent ability. I think i've asked this question before and the answer I got was along the lines of it being a potential issue and it was thought that King couldn't improve any further. If that was the case, we'd still have had excellent back up in a problem position IMO. He's far better than Mulraney in actually having an end product, likewise Amankwaa, Morrison or any other of the numerous failures we've had on the wing.

I don't see the harm of handing the laddie a 1 year deal to prove the doubters wrong.  

Jambo, Goodbye
3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

The answer for me on Cummings will always be 'No'.

A creepy wee ******* who isn't very good.

Thank you! Glad I'm not the only one.

2 hours ago, droid said:

All this talk of Cummings is probably just that, but I'm guessing both Robbie and JJ would have been at the club at some point whilst he was in the youth team so they'll know exactly what they're getting with him. If he comes I'll trust they're judgement and not some internet weirdos calling him a weirdo.

Shrewsbury want £100k for him so that’s a no deal. Maybe nearer deadline day that might change. 

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Shrewsbury want £100k for him so that’s a no deal. Maybe nearer deadline day that might change. 

I would imagine the Uche and Washington fees combined should cover it. Plus money from Hickey but I'd rather that went towards securing our future from this virus and those corrupt *******s.

kingantti1874
22 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It doesn't matter who comes in for him. Bayern are his best option. In the Top 5 biggest clubs on earth and they promote youngsters. It's a no brainer, surely? 

I’d say he would be unlikely to get in front of Davies in the next decade.. ?!?

would be an incredible move for him, but I think he’s have a better chance of breaking through at some of his other options. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I would imagine the Uche and Washington fees combined should cover it. Plus money from Hickey but I'd rather that went towards securing our future from this virus and those corrupt *******s.

Got money for Clare as well. 

£100k wouldn't be an issue if we wanted him. 

Rocky jamboa

Disappointed to hear uche likely away. Felt he could have done well in the championship and wouldn't imagine he's on big wages. 

As for cumdog - please god no! 

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Got money for Clare as well. 

£100k wouldn't be an issue if we wanted him. 

Forgot about him aye!

These teams will be wanting bodies out as much as us. How many are they budgeted for, a squad of 20 for the wage bill? 

22 minutes ago, Cheile said:

Any further news on Uche's possible move to Wycombe?

Just filling up the car just now to drive him down.👍🏻

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Forgot about him aye!

These teams will be wanting bodies out as much as us. How many are they budgeted for, a squad of 20 for the wage bill? 

If they want £100k, always worth trying less. Could be as you suggest above, getting the wage off the wage bill is the priority. 

kingantti1874
Just now, bazman said:

I wouldn't be spending £100k on Cummings. If he was free maybe but there will be better players out the for nothing 

who? Not many proven goal-scorers available at that price point

Special Agent Dale Cooper
1 minute ago, bazman said:

I wouldn't be spending £100k on Cummings. If he was free maybe but there will be better players out the for nothing 

Agreed!

There must be copious bargains out there who are better than Cummings.

BackOfTheNet

It’s quite the sight seeing folk on here champing at the bit to get a guy that’s a dunce with a screw loose (or at least was) who could potentially bring strife to a dressing room because he scored goals in the Championship 3 years ago. All because he’s from Edinburgh and held a 5-1 up. That’s really all it is isn’t. A guy you find familiar, one of the lads at fives or down the pub that in the group chat you say “what’s he like, eh?”

Probably the same folk that call players lazy when they aren’t or chicken hearted or wage thief or waste of a jersey because they don’t run around the pitch like a heedless chicken committing fouls. These terms never get banded about for the local lads but do for the outsiders. Just look at the comments about Morrison leaving (mostly positive regarding him, “shame it didn’t work out” etc) compared to players who’ve left or about to leave who’re not ‘local laddies’ (“good riddance” etc)

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

who? Not many proven goal-scorers available at that price point

We already have Boyce and Naismith who will start so we need a striker that can come off the bench and chip in with a few goals. I'd say we need a bigger target man type striker so that we can shake things up a bit if we need to.

1 minute ago, bazman said:

We already have Boyce and Naismith who will start so we need a striker that can come off the bench and chip in with a few goals. I'd say we need a bigger target man type striker so that we can shake things up a bit if we need to.

Injuries will take its toll. Must have cover. 

Clerry Jambo
7 minutes ago, bazman said:

We are just about to let one go

Willie Hamilton genius
17 minutes ago, indianajones said:

100k is fecking peanuts to us even during a world wide economic recession. 

:wonga:

I take it you're joking?

I am not saying we should pay a transfer fee for Cummings, but after the sale of Hickey, you would imagine we would be able to pay £100k for the right player

We cant be relying on Naismith can we? History proves that. Cant have enough goal scorers. Its only Hearts that seem to have a problem with this, signing strikers with poor goal rates etc 

Italian Lambretta
3 minutes ago, lou said:

I am not saying we should pay a transfer fee for Cummings, but after the sale of Hickey, you would imagine we would be able to pay £100k for the right player

Im sure the fans could afford to buy a 100k player each month if we wanted:greggy:

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’d say he would be unlikely to get in front of Davies in the next decade.. ?!?

would be an incredible move for him, but I think he’s have a better chance of breaking through at some of his other options. 

Bayern expect all their lads to play various positions. I don't believe he will be considered purely as a left back, I think his best position could be as a holding midfielder. 

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, lou said:

Perhaps, the right player yes. But let’s keep in mind that the club was wanting £8 million in compensation so I doubt they’d be too keen to spend money the don’t have to on transfer fees. We’ve already paid for Neilson so that’s a fee already done. As large as some people think the wages of those leaving is I don’t think we’d be saving as much to compensate the £8 million shortfall we said we’d have. The £1.8 million plus fees from the sales do far covers around £2 million of it but then there’s still £6 million to find. I don’t mind if a nominal fee is paid for a player in a position we need and it’s long term thinking for the Premiership too. 

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, bazman said:

Maybe , but not many proven goal scorers at even championship level available for that.

Plenty of punts, but not many that are proven goal scorers, Hearts fan , have a point to prove, don't mind Scotland and  moving during covid and also playing in a reduced football campaign who are within our wage budget!

We under no circumstances can we go into the season with Boyce and Naismith as our only options. History tells us we’ll be lucky to get 15 games out of both. 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

Disappointed to hear uche likely away. Felt he could have done well in the championship and wouldn't imagine he's on big wages. 

As for cumdog - please god no! 

Uche was never getting utilized properly given the way he was reffed by our inept officials, so if he goes good luck to the lad, I'm sure he'll continue to improve as a player down south where he may get a free kick in his favour occasionally.

Jambof3tornado
8 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

We under no circumstances can we go into the season with Boyce and Naismith as our only options. History tells us we’ll be lucky to get 15 games out of both. 

Be lucky to play 15 games in the season anyway!!!

I do think we'll bring in reinforcements

allanwilson1970

Underwhelmed with our signings and the rumours so far as well as Uche leaving. It is disappointing that it seems again our youth players will not be given a chance to see what they can do. If we do not give them a chance this season then they will be 20-22 next season and then what will be the excuse, can not risk them as we are back to the premier league. 

BackOfTheNet
16 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Those of us who don’t want Cummings are suggesting no such thing. Personally I’m just saying that he would be 3rd choice striker so if we are going to bring in back up for Boyce and Naismith (agreed backup is a requirement) then we can spend less on a decent backup (if backup is not already at the club). And the proven goal scorer thing has not been tried and tested for years. Do I think he would score goals in the Championship? Probably. Do I believe he would do it in the Premiership if we get promoted? Jury’s out on that and so far in similar levels he’s not done it prolifically at all. Do I believe we would need him to get promoted in the first place? Not at all.

So if we don’t need him specifically to get promoted and he’d likely not score the goals that we need in the Premiership either, then what’s the point of paying a fee and wages on him? Not to mention his unnecessary baggage. There will be options either at the club already or available without a fee needing paid (loan?) and less wages Cummings would require. Just doesn’t make sense to spend money when we don’t have to.

Leveins Battalion
8 minutes ago, allanwilson1970 said:

Underwhelmed with our signings and the rumours so far as well as Uche leaving. It is disappointing that it seems again our youth players will not be given a chance to see what they can do. If we do not give them a chance this season then they will be 20-22 next season and then what will be the excuse, can not risk them as we are back to the premier league. 

Underwhelmed with signing the best goalkeeper in Scotland?

Taking the piss surely.

13 minutes ago, allanwilson1970 said:

Would you not be better waiting to see what sort of team Robbie puts out before making a judgement call?

I would be surprised if Irving does not feature heavily this season again and it is up to Cochrane and the likes to impress in training (if we are ever allowed to start again) and pre season games to force Robbie to amke a decision.

Fitba' broke my Heart

If you are not consitent enough to make the first team at Forrest, then you should not be considered for Hearts.

Clerry Jambo
4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

But we could do with one that stays on his feet.

Absolutely, the big man was too interested in going down rather than using his frame to hold off defenders which he done at the start of his time with us. Robbie may have got the best out of him. Let’s see if we bring in any better

Edited by Clerry Jambo

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Absolutely, the big man was too interested in going down rather than using his frame to hold off defenders which he done at the start of his time with us. Robbie may have got the best out of him.

Robbie may have but it looks like he doesn't want to try.

Thing with Cummings is he can get you a goal out of nothing. How many other strikers have we had who can ping one in from 20 yards?

IF we were to sign him I think he'd also feel he has a point to prove.