Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Tas lad#2 has excellent stats from his time in US college soccer. He also has a brilliant promo video that shows him off as a match for Messi.  Fact does not always reflect the fiction, though.

Indeed, and you'd assume we ditched that experiment fairly quickly.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Indeed, and you'd assume we ditched that experiment fairly quickly.

The moneyball idea for a club our size is really not a bad one... 

But, it needs to be done correctly and in conjunction with old school scouting. 

For example. 

A full set of stats available for players that can obviously be searched and refined. 

With that an algorithm that takes into account the level that the player is currently playing at & have a comparative prediction of what he could possibly achieve at SPFL level. 

That is a good way to target players that we would otherwise not be aware of. 

Then need to do proper scouting analysis on the player, team & system to see if they would be a possible fit for Hearts

Unfortunately I'm sure it was more of lets look at a few numbers and go for it approach before

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

@hmfc_liam06

Anymore gossip chief? You were bang on with Roberts.

Nah mate sorry, I haven't asked for any info since. Can try find out if we have anything in the works though :thumbsup:

Rick Sanchez
9 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Nah mate sorry, I haven't asked for any info since. Can try find out if we have anything in the works though :thumbsup:

Good man 👍

33 minutes ago, Barack said:

That a kind way of you saying your son's shite?

:lol:

No, quite the opposite, just not as brilliant as he thinks he is.  Coo's erse and banjo.

i better be careful what I say as he may be reading this.

Edited by Tasavallan

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

The one thing I don't want is the need to convince people to join above and beyond. If you don't want to be here, piss off.

Precisely, sign players who want to further their careers here. Signing journeymen on long contracts with a high basic salary has been a disastrous strategy. At clubs like Hamilton or St Mirren the players know they are playing for their livelihoods, at Hearts they know they are playing for a BMW or an Audi.

26 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Was that not the NI player?

Think we've been linked to both. Definitely the one that was at Tranmere though, when they were in the National League.

2 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Precisely, sign players who want to further their careers here. Signing journeymen on long contracts with a high basic salary has been a disastrous strategy. At clubs like Hamilton or St Mirren the players know they are playing for their livelihoods, at Hearts they know they are playing for a BMW or an Audi.

It was such a terrible idea. I don't know how it even came into practise. The whole purpose of an incentive based contract is to incentivise. If players could be trusted to already be incentivised without the need for further financial compensation they wouldn't need to exist. Don't give me any of that professional pride bollocks, because we've been chucked out the league with the 3rd/4th highest budget. 

An unmitigated disaster which should necessitate an immediate change in club policy moving forward. 

Its really breathtaking that we thought we knew something no other club did :D In a results driven business, you pay for the results. Paying them to turn up is really naive. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

It was such a terrible idea. I don't know how it even came into practise. The whole purpose of an incentive based contract is to incentivise. If players could be trusted to already be incentivised without the need for further financial compensation they wouldn't need to exist. Don't give me any of that professional pride bollocks, because we've been chucked out the league with the 3rd/4th highest budget. 

An unmitigated disaster which should necessitate an immediate change in club policy moving forward. 

Its really breathtaking that we thought we knew something no other club did :D In a results driven business, you pay for the results. Paying them to turn up is really naive. 

The last paragraph shouldn’t be underestimated. 

3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Norwood has had similar problems to Haring with a groin injury and made it worse by playing after taking pain killers etc.

stick on to be in tomorrow on 10 year deal !!

Norwood has 2 years on his contract, is probably on a good wage, was Ipswich's top scorer last season and their fans want him to stay. 

It's been reported that Fleetwood and Dundee United have shown an interest in him but he has a connection to the area in one case and a connection to the manager in the other. The same reports state that Ipswich don't want him to leave. Given that he was their top scorer last season and they'd have a wage cap to contend with if they want to replace him, I can't see why they would.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'll stick my neck out and say there's zero chance he'll be coming to the Scottish Championship. 2+2=5 because we'll probably be after a striker and Dundee United were linked with him.

Edited by DC_92

1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

Norwood has 2 years on his contract, is probably on a good wage, was Ipswich's top scorer last season and their fans want him to stay. 

It's been reported that Fleetwood and Dundee United have shown an interest in him but he has a connection to the area in one case and a connection to the manager in the other. The same reports state that Ipswich don't want him to leave. Given that he was their top scorer last season and they'd have a wage cap to contend with if they want to replace them, I can't see why they would.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'll stick my neck out and say there's zero chance he'll be coming to the Scottish Championship. 2+2=5 because we'll probably be after a striker and Dundee United were linked with him.

Common sense for once

1 minute ago, Worthing Jambo said:

That’s cos he is away eating! 😂

Nothing ever near to concrete facts, just a name dropped or a couple of videos and bombarded with questions from fellow hearts supporters genuinely interested in what they have to say...then they don't take the time to respond. 

22 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

It's been reported that Fleetwood and Dundee United have shown an interest in him but he has a connection to the area in one case and a connection to the manager in the other. The same reports state that Ipswich don't want him to leave. Given that he was their top scorer last season and they'd have a wage cap to contend with if they want to replace him, I can't see why they would.

All makes sense but nobody is choosing Dundee united over us.

Could it be that we're looking at Norwood as a first choice and Cummings as a sort of contingency? 

I think we'd be extremely lucky for him to decide to walk away from a 2 year deal at Ipswich to come to us in the Scottish Championship of all places. Highly unlikely IMO. Cummings seems far more realistic with the constraints we have. Norwood is scoring goals too, so again, I can't see Ipswich being keen to let him go either. 

4 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Like the look of this guy. Decent pace, strong, good technique. 

Ipswich top scorer last season, still 2 years to go on contract... Not a chance. 

Just now, Agentjambo said:

Ipswich top scorer last season, still 2 years to go on contract... Not a chance. 

I’ll not get in to all that stuff. He would be a good player for us though, that’s all I’m saying. 

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, Fun Boaby said:

Uche never done himself any favours really. Yes, he was often punished unfairly  but he was too often grappling for no reason and falling down looking for a foul. I'd like to see how effective he would have been if he concentrated on doing the right thing.  Too late now I suppose

Agree. Too often he was over involved in the wrestling than he needed to be.

Hard not to like the guy though.

Leveins Battalion
7 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Have you ever been ITK?🤣

If I remember did you not promise to quit your kickback account last transfer window?🤓

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Have you ever been ITK?🤣

If I remember did you not promise to quit your kickback account last transfer window?🤓

:lol:

14 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Have you ever been ITK?🤣

Yes if dazajmbo's info was found to be correct... It wasn't, therfore I'm still here. Never once claimed to be ITK, just pass on any snippets I do hear... Probably the same as Bongo and dazajmbo...Hearsay.

Stendelnator
18 minutes ago, OTT said:

Could it be that we're looking at Norwood as a first choice and Cummings as a sort of contingency? 

I think we'd be extremely lucky for him to decide to walk away from a 2 year deal at Ipswich to come to us in the Scottish Championship of all places. Highly unlikely IMO. Cummings seems far more realistic with the constraints we have. Norwood is scoring goals too, so again, I can't see Ipswich being keen to let him go either. 

More likely we aren’t trying to sign either of them and this is just more nonsense 

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Yes if dazajmbo's info was found to be correct... It wasn't, therfore I'm still here. Never once claimed to be ITK, just pass on any snippets I do hear... Probably the same as Bongo and dazajmbo...Hearsay.

Well hearsay keeps me and many others excited so it's much appreciated 

3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

When you were Lovengoo, did you not claim Sow or Öztürk or someone was in another country getting an operation, when he was actually sitting in the stand next to Levein? 

Just now, rudi must stay said:

Well hearsay keeps me and many others excited so it's much appreciated 

This. 

Love a rumour.

1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

When you were Lovengoo, did you not claim Sow or Öztürk or someone was in another country getting an operation, when he was actually sitting in the stand next to Levein? 

I not Lovengoo so no. 

SomethingAboutObua

Wish folk would remember this is mostly a rumours page. Pretty simple to remember people don't need to provide concrete proof with documents and texts, it's part of the enjoyment of it is the what ifs and maybes. That said if you've heard a rumour at least give a nod to how real you think it is or how close to first hand you've heard it, no one will slate you if you say "but that's just from a mate that knows someone that knows someone". Filling the page up with wee snippy shite about who's ITK and who's claiming to be ITK and who's a "Hibby interloper" is ****ing nippy when you just want to see who we could be linked to and how long till Uche goes.

39 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

All makes sense but nobody is choosing Dundee united over us.

In normal circumstances, maybe. From an outsider's perspective, they're in the top league playing against Celtic and Rangers and we're in the division below playing a 27 game season against part-timers which doesn't start for 2 months. He's also worked with their manager, so there's a connection there. It's not like they're an uber-diddy club like Livi or Hamilton either.

I'd also be surprised if he signed for them anyway.

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Where do you get this info from @Bongo 1874, @dazajmbo? Seem to just drop a name in here then never to be heard of for the rest of the day. 

(que @SteauaNeedarest with slating comment). 

Certainly don't get my info from you, or anyone associated with you. Which is a shame when you have "agent" in your name 

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Nothing ever near to concrete facts, just a name dropped or a couple of videos and bombarded with questions from fellow hearts supporters genuinely interested in what they have to say...then they don't take the time to respond. 

Some of us have more important things to do in life than just sit refreshing JKB every 3 seconds to ask a million questions to people who don't want to play your silly games.

33 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Have you ever been ITK?🤣

Yes he did, and it was regarding Stendel. I said Stendel would sign  he disagreed and promised to ban himself from KB if it happened. It did happen then he went offline for a few days. 

17 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What have you ever passed off on here? Notts, Myself, Bongo & now also the liam boy amongst others have posted things on here and been spot on. Some happen some don't, just curious as to what these supposed snippets you have passed on here and how many of which have happened? 

P.s

Lovengoo you have been rumbled.

Edited by dazajmbo

4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

This is an extract from the article I posted earlier in this thread and if this can be believed then I am not sure we could afford his wages.

We’re kind of like: ‘OK, we might have £2,500-£3,000, for you’ and then Ipswich come in and give him between £8,000 and £10,000 (sic).

League 1 salary now averages £1700pw with League 2 at £1000pw. Existing contracts honoured but all new ones must be included in the cap calculation. We can now pay much more than League 1 & 2 clubs. If Norwood is out of contract we should be  able to give him a much better salary than any club in Leagues 1 and 2 

Vlad the impaler
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I heard that we will definitely sign some more players. 

There you go, concrete information. 

Welcome to the party,an actual ITK poster🙏🏼

2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Certainly don't get my info from you, or anyone associated with you. Which is a shame when you have "agent" in your name 

Some of us have more important things to do in life than just sit refreshing JKB every 3 seconds to ask a million questions to people who don't want to play your silly games.

Yes he did, and it was regarding Stendel. I said Stendel would sign  he disagreed and promised to ban himself from KB if it happened. It did happen then he went offline for a few days. 

What have you ever passed off on here? Notts, Myself, Bongo & now also the liam boy. Some happen some don't, just curious as to what these supposed snippets you have passed on here and how many of which have happened? 

P.s

Lovengoo you have been rumbled.

What have you been ITK about and got right?