Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Stendelnator
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

He's a Hearts fan if memory serves me correctly and a good guy so certainly won't be intentionally misleading when it comes to Hearts. Hope he's correct on Cummings.

According to his LinkedIn he worked for Hearts as well

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

He's a Hearts fan if memory serves me correctly and a good guy so certainly won't be intentionally misleading when it comes to Hearts. Hope he's correct on Cummings.

He's 100% a Hearts fan. He does seem to be saddled with live tweeting every Hibs game this season though 😂😂😂

BackOfTheNet

Now that Cummings and Norwood have effectively been put to bed, a wee question for those banging on about being fed up with “good characters” and wanting people are presumably the opposite; Why?

Just because you might get into fights during a Sunday league game doesn’t mean that professional me should. I’m by no means saying professionals shouldn’t show fight, desire and hunger. Of course they should. You just don’t need to be a bampot to do it. Back in the day yeah you had nutters controlling pace of the game with crunching tackles and square go’s but the game has moved on from them. Just like it’s moved on from the long ball tactic but Scottish football seems to revere long balls, bad tackles and ned swaggers over keeping up with the times.

Here’s the Top 10 footballers in the world in 2019 from the 1st link on google, tell me which of these guys are bampots, butters, dressing room disrupters?

1. Messi

2. Van Dijk

3. Mane

4. Ronaldo

5. Salah

6. Mbappe

7. Lewandowski

8. Sterling

9. Alisson

10. De Jong

Now do some of these guys have swagger, confidence even arrogance on the pitch? Yes. But they are also known as great guys off the pitch, loved by their teammates as much as fans love them and known for their charity work and donations too. The current game requires players to be top professionals with their diets, alcohol consumption to minimum (if not sober for entire season) and to be like that they need to conduct themselves properly. Having a “nasty character” usually comes with anti-professional behaviour off the pitch and that immediately stops players from reaching their potential.

BackOfTheNet
10 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Have you ever seen Thiam play? 

I’ll confess no (seen the other two though), but going by Thiam’s speed, ability to score crackers and being an effective player held in high regard for his time at Barnsley in League 1 I would say he’d do fine in the Scottish Premiership never mind the Championship.

7 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

He's 100% a Hearts fan. He does seem to be saddled with live tweeting every Hibs game this season though 😂😂😂

I saw that 😂😂

What a nightmare!

2 hours ago, bazman said:

I was reading online that they are trying to get Jordan Rhodes back and would need to free up salary to do it. Again it's not concrete just something I read

Interesting, Thanks.  It's a good enough reason.  I think it's up to Norwood then if he wants to do his current club a favor by releasing himself from his very decent contract.  It gives the rumor slightly more chance.  :) 

2 minutes ago, Big Bruno said:

Hold on the now you said yesterday you post things you hear about potential signings just like the two guys you're slagging off! You can't get all upset when things they post don't come off because you apparently do the same thing!

Absolutely this.

Don't know why folk engage with that account. I remember a while back on a thread someone called him out after finding his twitter profile. Basically spamming foreign agents begging for info. Absolutely tragic stuff. Bang out of order for targeting the guys on here who post info they receive.

1 minute ago, Flaps_98 said:

Absolutely this.

Don't know why folk engage with that account. I remember a while back on a thread someone called him out after finding his twitter profile. Basically spamming foreign agents begging for info. Absolutely tragic stuff. Bang out of order for targeting the guys on here who post info they receive.

You're welcome 👍👍

12 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I get that it’s great for players to know what it means to pull on the maroon, but as Skacel, Adam, Quitongo etc will tell you you don’t have to born and raised in Edinburgh or have 6 degrees of separation from someone to ‘get’ the club. By the logic you’ve stated we should’ve hung onto Morrison? Levein should still be in charge? He was after all at one point manager of the national team and had successful spells in the past and a Hearts man through and through... I do get that clubs enjoy the ‘one of our own’ thing and it genuinely is nice to see. But personally I don’t like seeing players like Walker get very little grief for substandard performances when players who have contributed far more than he did last season get the “good riddance” chat, and that’s what that logic gets you.

I get what you're saying but I'd rather have Cummings than Wighton! I suppose it's more to do with the seethe I'm feeling at the moment and want as many "Hearts" people at the club for these unprecedented times. 

26 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Thiam would be lovely, and was close in January apparently but that was purely down to Stendel so doubt he’s keen now, which is a shame as he’s what we’re crying out for.

I’d take Menga or Cole as backup to Naismith and Boyce, and unlike those rumoured over the weekend I don’t think they’d be demanding to be first picks for us either.

Yeah I think considering our current position, Thiam might be slightly out of reach which is a shame because he would be a great signing I think. Haven't seen him in the flesh but watched bits and pieces on TV and he looks like he would run riot up here.  

Menga always made me really nervous any time we played Livi and the ball dropped to him. He was great at driving forward and taking players on, so he's on my shortlist as well, along with Hiwula from Coventry. He's absolutely rapid and can just see all these big Scottish centre backs tripping over themselves trying to catch him. Cole would be decent too - has played up here before, and again has a lot of pace. 

Loads of options. I just really hope our scouts are looking at guys like these - real established footballers - and don't pull some obscure lad out of a non-League side in Holland or something like that, like they usually do. 

Edited by Batistuta87

54 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Looks like Hibs have lost out on McCrorie to the sheep 🤣

:lolpoint: Classic steal :D  Cue the hibs 🤬

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I get what you're saying but I'd rather have Cummings than Wighton! I suppose it's more to do with the seethe I'm feeling at the moment and want as many "Hearts" people at the club for these unprecedented times. 

Put it this way, I consider myself a PHM and if I could’ve made it professionally I would never sign for Hibs, Rangers or Celtic. I couldn’t, because I’m a PHM. People can say all they want about players having to feed their families but he was a teenager and if Hibs wanted to sign him then others who are not Hibs would be willing to sign him too. I’m not tribal by the way, I don’t mind a player who has played for Hibs in the past playing for us but I can’t consider anyone who was willing to sign for them a PHM, so find it odd so many regard him as one.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

BackOfTheNet
6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah I think considering our current position, Thiam might be slightly out of reach which is a shame because he would be a great signing I think. Haven't seen him in the flesh but watched bits and pieces on TV and he looks like he would run riot up here.  

Menga always made me really nervous any time we played Livi and the ball dropped to him. He was great at driving forward and taking players on, so he's on my shortlist as well, along with Hiwula from Coventry. He's absolutely rapid and can just see all these big Scottish centre backs tripping over themselves trying to catch him. Cole would be decent too - has played up here before, and again has a lot of pace. 

Loads of options. I just really hope our scouts are looking at guys like these - real established footballers - and don't pull some obscure lad out of a non-League side in Holland or something like that, like they usually do. 

Menga would also fit the “something different” option should we need to change things up or require hold up play.

people do realise that folk on here will never be fully ITK, and as far as I'm aware no one has ever claimed to be. however, some folk do get snippets about players that the club may be looking at. just because the club are looking at a player doesn't mean they will sign. it may not go past the initial interest as said player is out of our pay grade, maybe the team they play for wants to keep them, or maybe someone else better suited will come along.

we don't just look at players we sign, there will be loads that we look at but it doesn't happen for 1 reason or another.

Sam Nicholson for example. He was offered a contract and was reasonably happy with it, however, someone else came in and offered him better. I got this info from someone not on here. this info was posted on here but the poster was ridiculed when Sam went else where.

it's crazy, some of the info may be hearsay, some may be founded on who we may have had a look at, and some may be due to concrete interest. doesn't mean the info was wrong, just that it never got to the point of the player signing.

sorry, rant over

oh, and what's the point of a rumours thread without rumours? you don't belive them, fine, no need for abuse though

Bazzas right boot
48 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Never get the dig at the guys who pass on info they hear. Personally I love the snippets we get and as in life and the fast nature of football they won't all come off. However this place would be pretty boring without the transfer rumours. 

100%.

Also, the decision to suspend training might have shelved any transfer plans, Iirc we did say it would effect transfers. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Put it this way, I consider myself a PHM and if I could’ve made it professionally I would never sign for Hibs, Rangers or Celtic. I couldn’t, because I’m a PHM. People can say all they want about players having to feed their families but he was a teenager and if Hibs wanted to sign him then others who are not Hibs would be willing to sign him too. I’m not tribal by the way, I don’t mind a player who has played for Hibs in the past playing for us but I can’t consider anyone who was willing to sign for them a PHM.

No probs matey. All about opinions. 👍

47 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Always good while a rumour lasts! 

Lets stop the "your info's pish / naw your info's pish" chat... Nae need. People are only passing on snippets of information they're getting from contacts. Different if they're totally making it up but I believe Daza, Bongo and Notts all have some sort of link and whilst I take any rumour with a pinch of salt, I find these guys to be the most interesting / credible. 

Anyway.... Who's next? 

Haven't really been looking at strikers myself since we had a few. If Washington is away and Uche is following though, we will need to bring in at least one to replace them. 

Another wee quick look at Transfermrkt's free agents:  (in no particular order):

Ex-Championship

Rudy Gestede

Mamadou Thiam 

Jeferson Montero 

Omar Bogle

Sam Winnall 

Courtney Baker-Richardson

Jordy Hiwula 

Dominic Samuel

Ex-League One

Will Keane 

Conor McAleny

Nile Ranger

Devante Cole

Sean Scannell

Ex-SPFL:

Dolly Menga

.......... Anyone here that we'd take???

Sam Winnall stands out, he will have interest from big clubs I'd think.  Will Keane has a twin brother who plays for Everton, had to check that, I was thinking he was decent as well but his stats aint great.

11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Put it this way, I consider myself a PHM and if I could’ve made it professionally I would never sign for Hibs, Rangers or Celtic. I couldn’t, because I’m a PHM. People can say all they want about players having to feed their families but he was a teenager and if Hibs wanted to sign him then others who are not Hibs would be willing to sign him too. I’m not tribal by the way, I don’t mind a player who has played for Hibs in the past playing for us but I can’t consider anyone who was willing to sign for them a PHM, so find it odd so many regard him as one.

If I remember correctly, we came back in for him afterwards, but he chose Hibs over us, because he was still in the huff.

Vlad the impaler
4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I'd like us to go for Ross Stewart from Ross County.

Good shout,looks decent 

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

*Loser mentality I think you’ll find. Not sure what would be loose about those guys. And I wasn’t saying we want people to have loser mentalities but realistic notions of their place in the squad. You’re not that naive are you? Do you seriously think every squad of 23-25 players has players who’d expect to be first 11? Do you think Ross Stewart has a loser mentality knowing he’ll be back up? Every squad needs players with varying aspirations. Players may be happy to be backup depending on where they are in their careers (beginning/end usually) or the status of the club they’ve signed for.

100%

Hickey must have a loser mentality going to Bayern or Lyon when he could stay with us and be first pick. 

The guy is a slaver cluster ****. 

Vlad the impaler

I’m sure when Cummings was linked to us before someone posted that John Murray had knocked it on the head and “as long as he was there,Cummings wouldn’t be”?!.....maybe it’s about time John Murray was knocked on the head

How is this Cummings latest a shock to anyone? 

Was a guff rumour to start with. Folk just want to believe anything. 

29 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Sam Winnall stands out, he will have interest from big clubs I'd think.  Will Keane has a twin brother who plays for Everton, had to check that, I was thinking he was decent as well but his stats aint great.

I've heard of Sam Winnall but don't know a huge amount about him - he's had a couple of good runs scoring goals with Scunthorpe and Barnsley though, so he'd be good enough for us I reckon. 

Will Keane I remember from his time at Hull - he had a big ponytail and beard I'm sure. Came through the Man Utd youth setup but doesn't have a great goalscoring record. Anyway he's a free agent, so could be worth looking at if his wage demands are low enough, because I doubt he would be first choice. 

33 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I'd like us to go for Ross Stewart from Ross County.

He looks set to replace Cosgrove at Aberdeen.

MASSIVE FALL OUT at Aberdeen. Aberdeen fined the 8 players 4 weeks wages which has caused a lot of upset amongst several players.

Bryson AND Devlin have had their contracts terminated. Should be confirmed today. McCrorie has been signed to cover their positions. McInnes and Aberdeen only spoke to the player and The Rangers yesterday and got the deal done. Hibs are furious as they had agreed terms and a deal with The Rangers.

Cosgrove and Mckenna have both handed in transfer requests in light of their wage fines. Both will be sold as their is interest in England.

Logan, Hedges and McGeough are apparently the others to leave.

More news to come. Sound like a lot of trouble for the sheep! Fantastic.

Edited by Gorillajam

Hectormasson
57 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Menga would also fit the “something different” option should we need to change things up or require hold up play.

Very awkward player is menga, when I've seen him again st hearts ,,,and on tv v tims and gers .....Could be a good one to sign?

Edited by Hectormasson
spelling error

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

See...now this is good transfer news, if correct!

Same guy that told us Boyce to Aberdeen was a done deal, amongst other things that didn't happen.

Anyone else find it annoying Dykes is quoted £2m going to QPR and far bigger clubs are likely to get Hickey for £1.8m. Feel we should be asking for £3m minimum. I know the contract situ doesn't help and yes Dykes is a striker who generally cost more but still feel we could and should be demanding more.

Stendelnator
1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Same guy that told us Boyce to Aberdeen was a done deal, amongst other things that didn't happen.

In fairness he is not the only person reporting this 

34 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

I’m sure when Cummings was linked to us before someone posted that John Murray had knocked it on the head and “as long as he was there,Cummings wouldn’t be”?!.....maybe it’s about time John Murray was knocked on the head

Is John Murray still at Hearts? I thought he was emptied with the Levein regime? 

Hungry hippo
2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

He certainly posts a lot about Aberdeen.

Just now, jimbojambo said:

Is John Murray still at Hearts? I thought he was emptied with the Levein regime? 

Was set to retire but has been asked to stay on. Absolutely ridiculous decision. 

crunchy frog
10 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

MASSIVE FALL OUT at Aberdeen. Aberdeen fined the 8 players 4 weeks wages which has caused a lot of upset amongst several players.

Bryson AND Devlin have had their contracts terminated. Should be confirmed today. McCrorie has been signed to cover their positions. McInnes and Aberdeen only spoke to the player and The Rangers yesterday and got the deal done. Hibs are furious as they had agreed terms and a deal with The Rangers.

Cosgrove and Mckenna have both handed in transfer requests in light of their wage fines. Both will be sold as their is interest in England.

See, THIS is the kind of stuff you love to read on a Monday morning. Keep it coming GJ

11 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Sounds like an absolute shambles. Aberdeen supposedly rejected 8 million for McKenna last year, what were they thinking, the guy is absolutely hopeless. 

Devlin is an interesting one, wonder if he will be on our radar. 

4 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

I thought that was someone else with a similar username. Could be wrong though. 

11 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

My oh my oh my. Image result for jack nicholson anger management my oh my gif

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Was set to retire but has been asked to stay on. Absolutely ridiculous decision. 

I agree. It is almost as hard to think what benefit he has been to Hearts recently as to Levein? Really a dinosaur who belongs in a bygone era. 

18 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

If that happens then Ryan Hedges has to be a shout for us. 

Exactly what Robbie is after 

25 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

. Hibs are furious as they had agreed terms and a deal with The Rangers.

Fantastic if this is correct 🤣🤣🤣

10 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

I agree. It is almost as hard to think what benefit he has been to Hearts recently as to Levein? Really a dinosaur who belongs in a bygone era. 

Apparently JJ is a fan as it was him that appointed him in his first stint as Manager. I suppose it is the better the devil you know scenario.

jamboinglasgow
17 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

according to someone last week, he is only being kept on to work with JJ to move players out, not on incoming players (which is being left to Robbie and his coaching staff.) 

jamboinglasgow
31 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

That would be huge.

I count 7 players leaving there, who is the only one of the 8 staying?

Edited by jamboinglasgow

26 minutes ago, neilr61 said:

Disagree, Makes hibs finishing 3rd more likely 

Hibs are in a different league from us. They can finish anywhere between 3rd and 10th for me and it wouldn’t matter. We can’t have them top 2 obviously and bottom 2 would be wonderful.