Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

I hope so, and with a fully fit first eleven it’s pretty much a certainty. It’s just the question mark players that I’m a bit unsure of relying too heavily on:

Wighton 

Walker

If these two have turned a corner and produce the goods regularly, then we will be absolutely fine. If they haven’t, then we are an injury to each of Boyce and Naismith away from being insipid and lacklustre in attack.

Early sign are promising though, so hopefully they keep it up.

Walker will be our POY If the hole season go's ahead of course, bookmark it.

Edited by droid

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Gorillajam said:

A controversial suggestion but it looks like Paul McMullan is set to be released by Dundee Utd and with Neilson knowing the player well, I wonder if he'd be worth a 1 year deal as a rotational player for us. He was one of Dundee Utd key players in their fight for promotion last season.

Would have been a good signing before we signed three other wingers. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Interesting that no-one is bothering signing world class Morelos.

Probably as over-rated a player as Scotland has ever seen 

11 minutes ago, droid said:

Walker will be our POY If the hole season go's ahead of course, bookmark it.

He's looking good so far, but in the past he has proven to be unreliable when you are looking for him to be the main creative attacking source. Really hope he keeps it up, but I'm not going to read too much in to pre-season friendlies, just as I wouldn't if we had taken a few skelpings. There has never been any doubt over whether Walker has the ability. He does. It's always been his motivation and application. Maybe now he's a bit older, he can carry the weight of expectation a bit better.

22 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Would have been a good signing before we signed three other wingers. 

I agree but wonder if he could be a Hartley-like convert to MF.

4 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

14 hours of unbearable exiciment left before the window SLAMS shut

Exiciment - Sounds a bit sore. 

Hagar the Horrible
Just now, davemclaren said:

Exciciment - Sounds a bit sore. 

ha ha at least it would raise some sort of interest

Striker has to be a priority to many forwards players with a history of injuries and Craig Wighton fills me with no confidence 

So if Damour and White are injured rather than away negotiating moves elsewhere (and in one case supposedly having sold their house and moved back to France), I'm struggling to see who we would look to move on for Neilson's one-in, one-out possibility.

Without any secret contacts or inside knowledge, I'm thinking we'll see no movement in or out today, except maybe youngsters going out on loan.

Anyone know if anything will come of the American lad Jamieson we were supposed to be looking at or talking to? I quite liked the look of him tbh. His pace would be very very useful. 

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, heartmussel said:

Always liked his workrate.Busy hardworking with his fair share of goals.

Yup, McMullan's still quite young as well. He seemed to be used as an impact  sub, loads of energy, coming on late to get at a tiring defence. 

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Anyone know if anything will come of the American lad Jamieson we were supposed to be looking at or talking to? I quite liked the look of him tbh. His pace would be very very useful. 

He's not a striker, is he? He's an inside left or winger?

16 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

I thought Internationals were played between Thursday and Tuesday, why the **** are they playing Wednesday?

Off topic but its catching up with games missed due to Covid. 

There will be another 3 game break later in season. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

He's not a striker, is he? He's an inside left or winger?

He's a striker primarily but can play out on the left as well yeah. 

Tennant's  6's
2 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

A controversial suggestion but it looks like Paul McMullan is set to be released by Dundee Utd and with Neilson knowing the player well, I wonder if he'd be worth a 1 year deal as a rotational player for us. He was one of Dundee Utd key players in their fight for promotion last season.

Not controversial at all, he'd be a good signing for the Championship,  with the carrot of an extended de should he do well.

Jamboscanbevicius
3 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

I'm really surprised at them letting him go. He always looked a good player to me, and he's a good age. Could be a good shout.

Jamboscanbevicius
32 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

So if Damour and White are injured rather than away negotiating moves elsewhere (and in one case supposedly having sold their house and moved back to France), I'm struggling to see who we would look to move on for Neilson's one-in, one-out possibility.

Without any secret contacts or inside knowledge, I'm thinking we'll see no movement in or out today, except maybe youngsters going out on loan.

Maybe Garuccio, Zlamal... and/or Coch rane, McDonald, Moore out on loan? Just thinking out loud. I noticed he mentioned loans out in his quotes. Maybe he doesn't think we'll get rid of someone like Damour permanently but maybe a year loan.

3 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Why are they releasing him? I thought he did very well against us in the cup last season, and was one of two players (the other being Chris Burke) who Hickey struggled to deal with. But he was playing right wing, which I think we're covered for. 

Edited by Batistuta87

11 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Maybe Garuccio, Zlamal... and/or Coch rane, McDonald, Moore out on loan? Just thinking out loud. I noticed he mentioned loans out in his quotes. Maybe he doesn't think we'll get rid of someone like Damour permanently but maybe a year loan.

Cochrane, McDonald, Moore, Henderson and Logan all have to be thinking about loans as not looking likely they'll get much game time. Its annoying that we've ended up stretched in exactly the positions (central defence, striker) where we don't seem to have players coming through, while we are well covered and/or have recruited in the areas where we do have cover, especially midfield.

Garuccio is possible although complicated by the fact that White is injured and Kingsley hasn't signed. In addition, he has had most exposure in Australia, and last I heard the owners there are looking to impose wage cuts, so unlikely to be many looking to recruit. If we really are considering Kingsley, I'm surprised we haven't had him in as a trialist.

Zlamal is possible as well, but again I think unlikely.  When Doyle left on loan, we immediately recruited to bring ourselves back up to 3 goalkeepers. The only reason to get rid of Zlamal would be if we were able to replace him with someone cheaper. We'd also need to be pretty confident that either the new keeper or Stewart could step in if required given Gordon's injury history. There have hardly been a long line of clubs looking to sign Zlamal in previous windows when it has been clear we would be willing to let him go.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Interesting that no-one is bothering signing world class Morelos.

Probably as over-rated a player as Scotland has ever seen 

No-one wants the crap that comes with him.

Plenty others out there of equal or better ability for the same money, but without the petulance and his "all about me" attitude.

Don't think we will see any movement today not itk but I think we will be doing any business in the free market so no rush, hope I'm wrong though I'd love to see another st and Kingsley in 

Just now, gov said:

Don't think we will see any movement today not itk but I think we will be doing any business in the free market so no rush, hope I'm wrong though I'd love to see another st and Kingsley in 

I'd tend to agree, but if Neilson is correct in saying that to get one in would require one out, that would suggest that if we don't get rid of anyone today we won't be bringing in anyone in the free market once the deadline has passed. Of course it might turn out that we can't get rid of anyone and the club still allows Neilson to bring in one or two free transfers. There are also options to loan players out after today, but only to the Scottish lower leagues, so unlikely to involve significant cost-savings for us.

14 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

No-one wants the crap that comes with him.

Plenty others out there of equal or better ability for the same money, but without the petulance and his "all about me" attitude.

There was a report over the weekend of him going to Everton and Besic going the other way plus a fee

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, gov said:

By afternoon on deadline day I would imagine we would have heard something by now if it’s going to happen today. I don’t count Kingsley as that is one that has been on the cards apparently for over a month at least. Not a peep on anyone leaving, so unless there’s a contract cancelled by mutual consent any time soon I wouldn’t expect anything in or out today.

24 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I'd tend to agree, but if Neilson is correct in saying that to get one in would require one out, that would suggest that if we don't get rid of anyone today we won't be bringing in anyone in the free market once the deadline has passed. Of course it might turn out that we can't get rid of anyone and the club still allows Neilson to bring in one or two free transfers. There are also options to loan players out after today, but only to the Scottish lower leagues, so unlikely to involve significant cost-savings for us.

might not just be about cost savings through, Neilson may well have an opinion over the size of squad he wants with regards to training etc and that any additions will mean to big a squad, similar to class sizes in schools if you like where too many pupils in a class means the teacher doesn't spend enough time with each individual

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

He's a striker primarily but can play out on the left as well yeah. 

If so, you'd think he'd be a genuine option. Looked decent in the highlights. 👍 

jamboinglasgow
33 minutes ago, gov said:

yeah I agree, normally there is some buzz or rumours if things are happening but seems dead today. I think with Kingsley able to sign after the window the window

I think we'll effectively know today if Kingsley is signing based on whether or not White or Garuccio get shifted out. If they're both still here tomorrow then I doubt we'll be bringing Kingsley in.

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If so, you'd think he'd be a genuine option. Looked decent in the highlights. 👍 

Yeah I quite like the look of him and think he might be worth a punt. He looks rapid and at 6'1" I wouldn't expect him to get pushed around. Still only 23 as well so if he does well then there's a sell on value there. 

1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

I think we'll effectively know today if Kingsley is signing based on whether or not White or Garuccio get shifted out. If they're both still here tomorrow then I doubt we'll be bringing Kingsley in.

Would be quite happy with Garuccio and White to be honest. Both have a good work rate, they can press, they can get up and down the line with pace, and Garuccio's delivery is very good. I don't really see the need to spend the money. 

2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Cochrane, McDonald, Moore, Henderson and Logan all have to be thinking about loans as not looking likely they'll get much game time. Its annoying that we've ended up stretched in exactly the positions (central defence, striker) where we don't seem to have players coming through, while we are well covered and/or have recruited in the areas where we do have cover, especially midfield.

Garuccio is possible although complicated by the fact that White is injured and Kingsley hasn't signed. In addition, he has had most exposure in Australia, and last I heard the owners there are looking to impose wage cuts, so unlikely to be many looking to recruit. If we really are considering Kingsley, I'm surprised we haven't had him in as a trialist.

Zlamal is possible as well, but again I think unlikely.  When Doyle left on loan, we immediately recruited to bring ourselves back up to 3 goalkeepers. The only reason to get rid of Zlamal would be if we were able to replace him with someone cheaper. We'd also need to be pretty confident that either the new keeper or Stewart could step in if required given Gordon's injury history. There have hardly been a long line of clubs looking to sign Zlamal in previous windows when it has been clear we would be willing to let him go.

If no-one else comes in both Logan and Henderson will need to stay as cover. If Smith is required at centre-back we only have an injury-prone Brandon and Logan for rb. Similarly up front if Boyce or Wighton were to pick up injuries we are really short. 

5 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Lot of responsibility of Wighton’s shoulders. At least they’re a bit broader now. Can’t say I’m particularly confident of convincing victories. Just need Naismith to get injured now, and that’s us back to being threadbare. 😐

I need to see "before" and "after "measurements.

DM him and ask him.

2 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

I need to see "before" and "after "measurements.

DM him and ask him.

He’s still not replied to my requests for his inside leg measurements. Ignorant *******. 😡

5 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Lot of responsibility of Wighton’s shoulders. At least they’re a bit broader now. Can’t say I’m particularly confident of convincing victories. Just need Naismith to get injured now, and that’s us back to being threadbare. 😐

I’m not convinced we’re going to get much more than cameo’s from Naismith this season, so I hope we’ve not got all the eggs in that one basket or were a lot worse off than we need to be. We’re still a striker and a defender short of where I’d be comfortable with

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah I quite like the look of him and think he might be worth a punt. He looks rapid and at 6'1" I wouldn't expect him to get pushed around. Still only 23 as well so if he does well then there's a sell on value there. 

No way McMullan is 6ft 1

27 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If no-one else comes in both Logan and Henderson will need to stay as cover. If Smith is required at centre-back we only have an injury-prone Brandon and Logan for rb. Similarly up front if Boyce or Wighton were to pick up injuries we are really short. 

Agreed. I was really surprised that we loaned Hamilton out on that basis.

Some suggestion that Roberts can play through the middle. Naismith can play up front as well. But agree that we aren't well covered for strikers. Not sure Henderson solves that as has always looked more of the forward that striker to me. I'm reassuring myself with a reminder that we didn't rely on a striker scoring most of our goals last time we were in the Championship. We had a lot of goals from across the team. I think with Halkett, Haring, Walker, Lee, Naismith and the three wingers we could go the same way this season. Potentially a lot of players chipping in 8-10 goals, rather than one or two on 15+.

Clerry Jambo
10 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m not convinced we’re going to get much more than cameo’s from Naismith this season, so I hope we’ve not got all the eggs in that one basket or were a lot worse off than we need to be. We’re still a striker and a defender short of where I’d be comfortable with

I can see Robbie using Roberts up front, he has mentioned it previously

Clerry Jambo

7V0eXCUz_bigger.jpg

Robbie Neilson on deadline day movement: "Possibly. There's interest in a couple of players. a number of the young ones will go out on loan. So things might happen but if they don't then I am happy with what I've got. I would like to bring one more in."
Edited by Clerry Jambo

Just now, Gav M said:

think he was talking about the American lad Jamieson IV

Fair enough then. The quoted message was re McMullan hence my reply

BackOfTheNet

Still all very ambiguous this. Genuinely have no idea what’s going to happen with 10 hours to go. But not in an exciting way, very odd.

Still think we are a bit precarious in one or two areas - full back and striker.

Does Logan have to go on loan now rather than give him an opportunity to be on the fringes of the squad now.  With Smith absent for the next 3 games, Logan moves one step closer to the team, at least temporarily.

I presume there is a January window; if so, that may be a better time for some folks to go on loan.  It's only 3 months further down the line and it will be clearer as to whether the season is happening or not.

If Kingsley does sign, then, yeah, Logan can go on loan.

21 minutes ago, Flaps_98 said:

No way McMullan is 6ft 1

Talking about Jamieson, not McMullan.

McMullan is about 5'9" at a guess. 

Edited by Batistuta87