Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Alex Kintner
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Surprising, had heard more than one club after Cochrane. 

Think loans to lower league clubs can still happen after tonight

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

If that's us done then it's a mixed bag from me.

Goalkeeper is obviously stronger.

Defence is mostly the same (Popescu for Dikamona), midfield looks strongerz forwards far weaker.

5 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Cue Bongo saying Ross Pilcher knows nothing and then hinting at signings by using initials. 

Only the initials of players whose full names have been all over the press for ages, though.:lol:

1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

Only the initials of players whose full names have been all over the press for ages, though.:lol:

Or initially brought up by others months ago 😉

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Good,  save cash for next summer. More than enough to win this shitshow. 

Average window,  didn't get anything like enough out  still time for departures to England hopefully 

Edited by Sir Gio

6 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Think loans to lower league clubs can still happen after tonight

Yep, I’m sure Robbie mentioned that the other day in media somewhere 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Terrible decision letting him leave. Still only 19 and has bags of potential. Could turn out to be a proper player

We don’t know the deal

Also MacDonald hasn’t really kicked on in Scotland - Spain might suit him better.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Byyy The Light
7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Some definitely. For every Gilmour there are loads who end up back up the road without playing first team football at the big team that signed them though. Hickey showed that what some youngsters want is maybe a pathway to the first team and they'll choose that over moving to a glamour club offering more money. It sounds like we're planning to try to improve on that from what Budge and Neilson have been saying to make sure what happened last season with all the signings and the bloated squad doesn't happen again.

The problem is we have a Mickey Mouse league full of plastic pitches and hatchetmen and run by idiots . I can see why decent youngsters want to get their football education elsewhere. 

On your first part...that’s kind of my point. The really good ones get taken so early that we never get the benefit of them in the first team so never get the true value in fees.  The result is we get players that can’t or struggle to make an impact at first team level.

We’d be better trying to sign the ones who fall out the bloated academies down south and save ourselves the expense of running our own academy.

I fully agree with the last paragraph of your post.

BackOfTheNet

Kingsley is out of contract and so is Jamieson, so the window shutting means zero difference to their ability to sign. However if their signing was dependent on contracted players leaving, I very much doubt McDonald has freed up much of a wage.

This seems to be another last day of the transfer window where ITK chat promises things only for it not to happen though. A collapse again I see. Happened in January too, think it was Thiam that time?

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, pointon said:

Poor show needed another striker 

Hopefully we have a next Robbo waiting in the wings. Or if all our strikers plus Roberts somehow get injured at the same time, step forward our version of SAS - Halkett and Haring. 

I saw Ayr signed Bruce Anderson from Aberdeen on loan. I would definitely have taken him as back-up, but I'd imagine he (and Aberdeen) wants to be a first pick.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Kingsley is out of contract and so is Jamieson, so the window shutting means zero difference to their ability to sign. However if their signing was dependent on contracted players leaving, I very much doubt McDonald has freed up much of a wage.

This seems to be another last day of the transfer window where ITK chat promises things only for it not to happen though. A collapse again I see. Happened in January too, think it was Thiam that time?

Neilson said at his press conference today he was hopeful of getting someone in next 12 hours, no idea who but presumed it was someone in contract and not Kingsley etc 

Alex Kintner
On 03/07/2020 at 21:30, dazajmbo said:

Aaron Hickey will almost certainly  join Manchester City in a permanent deal this window, with the option of loaning back for upto 18 months. The payment from Man City will be in installments and will include a 31% sell on clause to Hearts. Hearts will not pay any percent of his wage if he does return on loan. A left winger is also being looked at on loan from City.

Colin Doyle to leave soon. 

Interest in John Souttar from Aston Villa, John McGinn has suggested that he is considered.

Michael Smith is in the thoughts of several english championship sides, aswell as Rangers.

Sam Nicholson desperate to come back to Hearts but has interest from Bristol City & Aberdeen.

Robbie has earmarked 6 current players he would like to move on, and is in discussion regarding a player from dunfermline and a loan signing from Arsenal. 

3 ex players are currently out of contract and have offered to come back for little or no wages until January. 

Keen on a central midfielder who is at Motherwell. 

Spot on about Doyle 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Can still sign out of contract players after tonight.

This. 

Only contracted players relevant today. 

Most of the players we're in the market for are free agents anyway. That said, I'd be surprised if we sign Kingsley now, having not got rid of Garuccio or White. Maybe in January/summer if he signs a short term deal with Falkirk.

As said above I think the issue is we’ve not moved the players on we want to which will stop is even bringing in out of contract players 

17 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Cue Bongo saying Ross Pilcher knows nothing and then hinting at signings by using initials. 

Bongo 1874   

Bongo 1874
  10 hours ago, DC_92 said:

I think we'll effectively know today if Kingsley is signing based on whether or not White or Garuccio get shifted out. If they're both still here tomorrow then I doubt we'll be bringing Kingsley in.

Kingsley is a done deal everything agreed, waiting to get players out on loan and away permanently if possible 👍

Contact over striker has been made, couple of free agents been asked to come for trials aswell 🇱🇻

Ask your pal Ross if Hickey to Bayern is still on 😂😂

1 minute ago, biffy said:

As said above I think the issue is we’ve not moved the players on we want to which will stop is even bringing in out of contract players 

Which I said earlier 😂cheers mate. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Bongo 1874   

Bongo 1874
  10 hours ago, DC_92 said:

I think we'll effectively know today if Kingsley is signing based on whether or not White or Garuccio get shifted out. If they're both still here tomorrow then I doubt we'll be bringing Kingsley in.

Kingsley is a done deal everything agreed, waiting to get players out on loan and away permanently if possible 👍

Contact over striker has been made, couple of free agents been asked to come for trials aswell 🇱🇻

Ask your pal Ross if Hickey to Bayern is still on 😂😂

Yeah, I read Barry's article on Friday too mate. 👍

BackOfTheNet
6 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Neilson said at his press conference today he was hopeful of getting someone in next 12 hours, no idea who but presumed it was someone in contract and not Kingsley etc 

His statement was incredibly ambiguous, was tough to make head nor tail of what he was saying. Seemed to be careful with wording as what he said, to me, wasn’t clear either way. I certainly didn’t read what he said and thought we were in for a contracted player, put it that way.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, HMFC01 said:

We can still sell or deal into other country's transfer windows, or am I dreaming.  We just can't buy anyone. 

We're pretty much the only window still open (albeit for another 57 minutes). A lot of leagues are open to do transfers within the same country. For example EPL clubs are still open to trade with the Championship and below until 18th August.

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

His statement was incredibly ambiguous, was tough to make head nor tail of what he was saying. Seemed to be careful with wording as what he said, to me, wasn’t clear either way. I certainly didn’t read what he said and thought we were in for a contracted player, put it that way.

Only reason I read was a contracted player was the time scale he mentioned.

I don't think we need another striker, it would be nice but we have effectively 2 players in the Center Forward and Supporting Forward #10 roles. We just need to put some faith in the guys we've got. 

There's still plenty of free agents which we can sign but we have a decent squad. 

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

We can still sell or deal into other country's transfer windows, or am I dreaming.  We just can't buy anyone. 

England seem to have a domestic window until the end of next week. Other countries shut their windows today too, think the only notable exception being Portugal which is the 25th or something. Rules could be different for lower leagues in these countries (like Ligue 2 in France for Damour if rumours were to be believed), but I have no idea.

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

We cant sign any player who is still registered to another team. Unless they play in Scotland in which case until the end of October we can sign them on loan.

We can sell players to any country whose transfer window is still open.

BackOfTheNet
Just now, Saint Jambo said:

Damour's commute to Oriam from France is going to be a nightmare.

That’s another thing, according to some he’s sold his house and been in France for weeks yet he was at the same photo shoot for the team gifs or whatever they had, which must’ve been only a few days ago.

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

That’s another thing, according to some he’s sold his house and been in France for weeks yet he was at the same photo shoot for the team gifs or whatever they had, which must’ve been only a few days ago.

Renting now in Edinburgh surely?

40 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

That's our business done.

Looks like Damour is the stumbling block with 3 years still to run on his contract he will sit tight and take the money stopping us bringing in someone who wants to play.

7 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Bit defensive. Why go for the gay stuff every time mate? 🤝

Defensive over what mate, the fact that Ross, the daily record, the sun all said Hickey was going to Bayern, but he goes to bologna instead, but you quite clearly have a raging one for the guy so won't call him out, but you are prepared to call me out, no problem 😂

Well I guess we couldn't wait forever for McDonald to start producing. Seemed to get injured a lot. Perhaps Spain is a better place for him than the rough and tumble of Scottish football. 

53 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Surprising, had heard more than one club after Cochrane. 

He's back in the picture re first team it seems

Bad Religion
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Defensive over what mate, the fact that Ross, the daily record, the sun all said Hickey was going to Bayern, but he goes to bologna instead, but you quite clearly have a raging one for the guy so won't call him out, but you are prepared to call me out, no problem 😂

Go to bed bongo.