Craig Gordon signs for Hearts (title updated)

Back to 2005

Fitzroy Pointon

Superb. What a difference between him and the clowns from the last two seasons in pedigree alone. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• jack D and coke

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Salad Fingers said:

Superb. What a difference between him and the clowns from the last two seasons in pedigree alone. 

Absolutely 

Goalies can play for along time. Gordon's got a few years in the tank yet. Probably good for 3-4 years depending on fitness and form. 

Good signing. 

Welcome him Craig 🇱🇻 

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yassss!

Not saying I don't have slight reservations, but when you read Craig's career, and the fact he's a Jambo, it's just a big old yaaaassss!!!!

12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

You’d be laughing if Scot Brown with probably 2 good years left in him was willing to leave celtic and possibly drop down a division to play for Hibs in a position they desperately needed more quality in? most people would be “shit that’s a decent signing”

I'd take Scott Brown at Hearts if we could. Just the kind of player we need.

Gordon Ramsay

Still think we could have got a younger, potentially better keeper but happy enough with Craig.

Finally someone with genuine ability in between the sticks.

Meh.  Thankfully it’s not a three year bonanza contract at least, seems we are learning our lesson and not handed them out like confetti to old players.  Hopefully we can shift one of the other dud keepers we are still stuck with at the moment.

Thought Police

I feel 13 again. A genuine world class player at his best. Welcome home Craig!

I hope Craig can soldier on into his 40s. He said Buffon was one of his heroes so lets see if he can match him on the age front :)

Good signing but let's not delude ourselves that we are signing the Gordon of old. He has never been the same since his injuries and he is now much older.

I jumped about like a wee girl there when I heard 😅😄🤣

Absolutely fantastic!!!

The halfwits moaning and groaning will soon be eating a big slice of humble pie....he will be that good for us....

Bookmark this post!!!!

Welcome home Craig.....

❤'s

SuperstarSteve

Over the moon with the return of Gordon.

Had the potential to be the very best in world football once upon a time. 
2/3 years  and young stone will be ready to fill his gloves. 
If we are playing championship football I’d feel very confident with stone between the sticks to be honest. 
Makes perfect sense to have our last world class goalkeeper teach our next world class goalkeeper. 

20 hours ago, DS98 said:

FWIW Craig will be a Hearts player this time tomorrow. 

Well done. You’ve been spot on with this 👍

2 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

I jumped about like a wee girl there when I heard 😅😄🤣

Absolutely fantastic!!!

The halfwits moaning and groaning will soon be eating a big slice of humble pie....he will be that good for us....

Bookmark this post!!!!

Welcome home Craig.....

❤'s

You’re calling folk halfwits for moaning and you’re the one jumping about like a wee girl? :lol:

Everyone is allowed their own opinions :thumbsup:

Great signing!    Imagine having a keeper who actually helps the team by keeping the ball out of the net.     I'm not expecting him to be top drawer now tbh but a massive, massive upgrade.    He'll have a positive influence on the whole team.   Just wish we got him 6 months ago and we wouldn't be in this ridiculous mess now.   Welcome home Craig 😁

Jambof3tornado

Excellent role model for young Harry.

Pretty sure CG will finish his playing career at us and move straight onto the coaching staff.

Improves us massively already.

Ex member of the SaS

Some good news in times of darkness. Far better than any keeper in the last few years. The defense is always better knowing there is a safe pair of hands between the sticks.

Added bonus he will be keeper coach after his spell in the first team.

5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Good signing but let's not delude ourselves that we are signing the Gordon of old. He has never been the same since his injuries and he is now much older.

Like red wine, better as it gets older!!!

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Excellent role model for young Harry.

If Harry is as good as he is meant to be we will have a nice wee conveyor belt for the next 4/5 seasons between the sticks

Although he won't be the same, he will give the back 4 their confidence back, knowing if they do lose the ball, then their is a solid pair of hands as a last line of defence.

9 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

We are signing a far better keeper than we currently have though. Good start to the managerial and squad situation. 

Hectormasson
4 minutes ago, TWF said:

Like red wine, better as it gets older!!!

Pre season training get the joints back into action"    hel be fine.....big signing very important player......🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👍