Craig Gordon signs for Hearts (title updated)

Back to 2005

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• jack D and coke

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

26 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Niemi?

Rousset ,Kello, Henry too We've been spoiled with good keepers over the years. There have been a few bad ones too such as Craig Nelson (Tbh I thought he would have excelled with us after a fair few cracking performances for Partick iirc).

19 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Ok I'll swap Halkett for Murray Wallace 🤞😂

Swap him with feckin Igor Petric and id be delighted :laugh2:

Fluorescent Adolescent
3 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

Six months ago and we wouldn’t be in this mess. 

Agree with that.

10 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

How are we pulling this off, surely he was on decent money at Celtic? I can only assume we know we are staying up

He wasn't guaranteed a start for the great unwashed. At least with The Famous he will get first team football and can also further his career with a coaching role. 

the sub goalie

Played in the Champions League, English Premier League, an International and also won many trophies throughout his career and a Hearts fan to boot, delighted the bigman is home.

I'm not fussed if he played for Celtic, personally the thing I look/hope for in any signing is that they improve our team and give us as best a chance of winning each game and for me, Craig does this both in spades.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

Six months ago and we wouldn’t be in this mess. 

This is probably true. A decent keeper would have been worth a fair few points to us 

Absolutely feckin brilliant news.

The transformation begins .

New manager and new keeper sorted

New Sporting Director and CEO to come .

Budge bitch slapping Doncaster in court .

As a well known ex Hearts chairman would say .

The Futures Bright the Futures MAROON

underwaterwoodwelder
23 minutes ago, Voxpop said:

brian Whittaker.....   RIP

Also Stéphane Mahe 40 odd games Celtic to Hearts 

underwaterwoodwelder

I won’t to go to the away games now this coming season, I’m ok to do that?? Lol 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

Could it be that Gordon is past his best. It’s bad enough some saying Berra can do a job- which he can’t as anybody who watched him last season will realise. There’s No need to turn Hearts into a well paid retirement home.

He could be 50 and on an acid comedown, he'll still be better than Pereira, Zlamal or Doyle 

Couldn't get anyone better to become the goalie coach eventually. Wonder what'll happen now with Zlamal and Doyle? Be great if we could get in Halkdy as first choice and have Gordon coach both him and Stone. Not sure what the contract situation is with Zlamal and Doyle but if we could get them out then all's good.

Now we need to get a solid centre-half in. We're a bit short in that area now with Dikamona away and I still think Halkett is a far more influential player in front of a back two. That only leaves an injury-prone Souttar and an ageing Berra. Ideally i'd love it if we got Jimmy Dunne back to the club. He seemed to "get us" and was bitterly disappointed his loan deal wasn't extended at the time.

Jamstomorrow

❤️   Welcome back big chap.    The very best of good fortune to  you and HMFC.   ❤️

HHGH.

1 minute ago, Irufushi said:

Nice wee pension top up for him . 

pathetic comment 

Well done Robbie, welcome home Craig, first piece in rebuilding jigsaw in place, now the defence, things are starting to look up already 

1 minute ago, Irufushi said:

Craig's interview along lines of

'Nice to come to a club that is now united and knowing where it wants to go and get back to'

Oh how naive you are Craig.

34 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

****ing delighted. Hearts haven’t produced many world class players in my lifetime. Craig Gordon is one.

Gordon was truly exceptional. Always thought he would have went on to be No 1 at Arsenal or Liverpool after his form for us a fine start at Sunderland. The Sunderland fans from what I remember thought alot about him but injuries and his price tag would be his downfall. He was solid enough at Celtic and produced fine form at times but has never been the same. 

Selkirk_Jambo

Brilliant news. 

As mentioned above, by miles the best keeper we've had since Craig Gordon. He might not be quite as agile as he was in his prime but I think a fair few folk are going to be pleasantly suprised by how much he has improved his kicking and general decision making. 

David McCaig
Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Good signing. Jimmy Dunne next please. 

That’s a very good shout given how well he dove-tailed with Souttar previously.  I’m genuinely surprised that Dunn’s career seems to have stalled since his loan spell with us.

Had a quick look over there and they aren't happy. Once again they are going on about our finances and how we can afford his wages. Poor wee lambs. I really hope we win our case on Wednesday. I really want to stick it right up the lot of them.   

32 minutes ago, Voxpop said:

brian Whittaker.....   RIP

i was a bairn at time he played for us, but didn’t he play in a midfield with Black, Mackay & Berry?

He became an agent when he had his accident?

All roads lead to Gorgie

Great signing, I worried about his injuries but I am sure he is back in healthy shape.

Craig is a good pro and whilst it wasn't great from our point of view seeing him play for celtic he was just making the most of his career financially. 

Welcome back Craig.

1 minute ago, Mundaydog said:

i was a bairn at time he played for us, but didn’t he play in a midfield with Black, Mackay & Berry?

Left back

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Mundaydog said:

Left Back who slotted very capably into central defence towards the end of his career (primarily when Levein did his knee for the 2nd time).

Great interview, and he's obviously genuinely delighted to be back. He looks like a kid on Christmas Day!

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This is probably true. A decent keeper would have been worth a fair few points to us 

I'd say that was probably Stendel's biggest mistake to be honest. Not so much by not getting Gordon or anyone else in (we don't know if it would've been feasible at the time) but by constantly playing Perreira, probably the most undecisive goalkeeper I think I've ever seen wearing a Hearts top in my 38 years of going to watch Hearts. I am in no way saying Zlamal or Doyle was the answer either, just that it would only have been fair at the time to give either of them an extended run and dropping Perreira. Neither were top drawer but Perreira definitely wasn't either. Must've been disheartening for the other two to keep watching Perreira make mistake after mistake and they couldn't do a thing about it. We don't know what was in his loan contract from Man Utd but i'd hate to have thought part of the deal was that he played every week. Anyway, we move on, and thankfully Perreira has. One or both of the others next please.

9 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Aye because he couldn't have got a game anywhere else for far more than we'll be 'topping up' by.

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Left Back who slotted very capably into central defence towards the end of his career (primarily when Levein did his knee for the 2nd time).

With Zico at right back? I need get on Wikipedia, lol. I’m getting too old to mind the 80’s properly!

23 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

This is a really good signing, in a position that has been needing sorted for some time.

Hopefully, there are more signings of this quality to come. 

Like Robbie this is a solid signing to give us stability after the carnage caused by Levein’s ‘revolution’ of how a football Club should be run! Let’s now get a safe pair of experienced hands in as DoF and we can rebuild on a solid base.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Aye because he couldn't have got a game anywhere else for far more than we'll be 'topping up' by.

Exactly - piss poor comment!