Craig Gordon signs for Hearts (title updated)

Back to 2005

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• jack D and coke

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

4 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

No I posted this on the thread last night 

Appreciate a few posters thought he would still be but I think rules changed from the example they gave.

Thanks, someone replied earlier quoting the SFA rulebook. Looking good for the vermin semi-final.

niblick1874

The things he did before and when leaving Hearts for Hearts and including what he did for Tynecastle boys club, has always been the first thing I think of when I think of Craig Gordon. What a goalkeeper. what a Hearts man, what a class act. 

Welcome home Craig Gordon. 

Ricardo Shillyshally
47 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Just watched his interview (cheers for putting the link up OTT), he looks like he's excited and looking forward to his new challenge.

He has a real hearty smile on his face which is encouraging 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
On 21/06/2020 at 22:59, Kiwidoug said:

I hope that this speculation of us potentially signing a highly rated, current Scottish international player plus appointing a high profile manager has the SPFL and several clubs absolutely squirming.

They want us down and/or out.  Sorry, not happening.

I love it. There’s an incredible sense of satisfaction at people/enemies who want you to be down and out for so long & are now almost absolutely exasperated with frustration that it never quite happens. 

It’s like the Hibs fans that sent emails to Lithuanian politicians.

The knowledge that your bitter rivals and enemies are so absolutely pathetic sad and utterly feeble is an absolute pleasure. 

As we’ve recently demonstrated hearts are in a strong financial position with a fanatical, stubborn, determined and united fanbase. 

Hearts are a picture of strength and resolve at the moment. It sickens our exasperated enemies and I love it. Keep it coming.

Auld Reekin'
27 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

A couple of bad mistakes aside (I remember Rousset being described as brutal after his first few games) Doyle wasn't that bad. 13 games, 14 goals conceded and 6 clean sheets. I remember some good saves that helps us win points to counterbalance the bad mistakes the cost us points. Either Zlamal or Doyle would be fine as back-up. I'd rather keep Zlamal though.

Point taken but he seemed to inspire absolutely no confidence in his defenders - although he had Zlamal and Pereira for company there - and letting that goal in vs. Motherwell was one of the worst pieces of "goalkeeping" I've seen in a long while.

However, if he proves to be an able deputy for Gordon in any games he's brought-in* this coming season, whichever league we're in, I'll be delighted.

(*As few as possible, please...   :scared: )

9 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

I love it. There’s an incredible sense of satisfaction at people/enemies who want you to be down and out for so long & are now almost absolutely exasperated with frustration that it never quite happens. 

It’s like the Hibs fans that sent emails to Lithuanian politicians.

The knowledge that your bitter rivals and enemies are so absolutely pathetic sad and utterly feeble is an absolute pleasure. 

As we’ve recently demonstrated hearts are in a strong financial position with a fanatical, stubborn, determined and united fanbase. 

Hearts are a picture of strength and resolve at the moment. It sickens our exasperated enemies and I love it. Keep it coming.

Craig's signing has certainly got the dotnut's scuttling again. It's all "what aboot FFP" over there and "hertz huvnae got morals, ken"?

27 minutes ago, Simo said:

Good signing.

Still don't think we'd have come bottom with a decent keeper this season. 

If you calculate up the points lost from goalkeeping errors, we'd be closer to a Euro spot than the bottom I'd imagine

He is absolutely beaming in that interview! What a delight. 

Hoping for some good news this week and he can kick on be on of the leaders in the team. 

John mcCartney

Welcome back Craig,
you become human again with a smile and a cheerfulness about you rather than that air of kruntiness you gave off when
representing Septic

Great to see

Referring to Celtic in the past tense and saying 10 wasn’t for him. The sort of bitterness I like to see, even if it isn’t actually there. 

Ex member of the SaS

Don't understand the age barrier thing with footballers. An 80 year old granny can run a marathon so surely a player ( especially a keeper ) who has trained all his life and has a high standard of fitness/ sports nutrition etc, can play beyond the quoted age. Keeper don't run the length of the pitch and as long as they keep injury free I can't see a barrier to playing into the mid to late 40's. It's all about a level of fitness.

Couldn't help myself, needed to head down memory lane.

As a young lad when he was at the club 1st time I was in awe. Utterly World Class keeper back then

The triple save against Bordeaux still gives me butterflies 😍

David McCaig
5 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Couldn't help myself, needed to head down memory lane.

As a young lad when he was at the club 1st time I was in awe. Utterly World Class keeper back then

The triple save against Bordeaux still gives me butterflies 😍

Was the triple save not Sparta Prague

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Was the triple save not Sparta Prague

You are completely right.

I was there as well so thats an awful bit of memory

On 21/06/2020 at 16:51, Kiwidoug said:

He's 37.  He is extremely unlikely to get a better offer than ours if he does indeed get an offer from us.

If you have a contrary opinion, that's fine with me.

He's by no means desperate for a contract, he was offered another contract by Celtic but turned it down because he knew he wouldn't play regularly. Apparently has aspirations of playing for Scotland again and that's not going to happen sitting on the bench at Celtic.

5 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Welcome him Craig 🇱🇻 

Don’t think Levein does the tour anymore. 

A Shoreditch Heart

I'm really happy he's back with us - lets hope the good news continues throughout the rest of the week and beyond 🙂

Anyway, massive improvement on the keepers we had last season. Hope he’s still got a good couple of seasons left in him. Hopefully help the defence.

This is what I would call ‘really good news’.

We’ll be a better team with Craig, than without him.

Great stuff, Hearts.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

His save against Motherwell at home, is still to this day the best save I’ve ever seen in the flesh.

Incredible.

Welcome home CG.

Very pleased.

Letting my imagination run riot, I've always had a mental picture of him wanting to be in the hearts dressing room, soaked in champagne, after we thrashed them 4-0 to end 69 in a row.

Nucky Thompson

I'm happy with him signing for us, although I hated his love in with the tinks 

16 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Anyway, massive improvement on the keepers we had last season. Hope he’s still got a good couple of seasons left in him. Hopefully help the defence.

Plenty of seasons left in him. Reckon he's good for another 3 or 4 if he avoids injury. 

Big Gigi Buffon, Pete Schmeichel and Ed Van der Sar played into their 40's. 

CG is miles better than anything we could have afforded. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Plenty of seasons left in him. Reckon he's good for another 3 or 4 if he avoids injury. 

Big Gigi Buffon, Pete Schmeichel and Ed Van der Sar played into their 40's. 

CG is miles better than any of those duds

I agree, wholeheartedly 

Good news. We’d not have been where we are now had we managed to get him last summer or even in January.

Cracking guy and a great keeper too. Welcome back Craig.

Some absolutely amazing selection of saves on the BBC site. The 3 against Sparta Prague at Murrayfield. Ridiculous

The save at Easter Road in the 2-2 game and the save at Tynecastle in the Scottish Cup quarter final 2006 against Partick. No more needs said

Guest ToqueJambo

There was save he made against Motherwell at Tynecastle during our Burley run that was just incredible and won us the 3 pts. I was behind the goal and the video doesn't really reflect how amazing it was. The best reflexes of any goalie I've seen in the flesh.

Found it: 

Edited by ToqueJambo

27 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm happy with him signing for us, although I hated his love in with the tinks 

True but in the end he stuck two fingers up to them

43 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

His save against Motherwell at home, is still to this day the best save I’ve ever seen in the flesh.

Incredible.

Welcome home CG.

Also the one against hibs I think it was rob jones was one of the best I have seen

Well Done to Hearts for getting this over the line and thanks to CG for choosing the Jambo roller coaster..

Something we have been crying out for, a great shot stopper..

Good luck CG......

Still reckon we need a replacement GK coach to boot, the current guy has ruined 3 already, well maybe 2 cause popcorn wrists was never a GK, wouldn't want him to destroy HS also.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

He's by no means desperate for a contract, he was offered another contract by Celtic but turned it down because he knew he wouldn't play regularly. Apparently has aspirations of playing for Scotland again and that's not going to happen sitting on the bench at Celtic.

I've been told Celtic had offered him 20% of his contract to remain at Darkheid. 

I wonder how Hearts handing CG a two year contract knits in with the vermin belief that we're financially ****ed.

Will take some working out.

Welcome back CG.   **** the Hibs.

Edited by Victorian

John mcCartney

have a look at 3:58 on that Murderwell game,Neilson n Gordon after that save.
The path is clear for the lad.

wattie exploited
15 minutes ago, NLTFTh said:

Well Done to Hearts for getting this over the line and thanks to CG for choosing the Jambo roller coaster..

Something we have been crying out for, a great shot stopper..

Good luck CG......

Still reckon we need a replacement GK coach to boot, the current guy has ruined 3 already, well maybe 2 cause popcorn wrists was never a GK, wouldn't want him to destroy HS also.

100 % THIS :rifle: