Robbie Neilson is back

Lord Beni of Gorgie

8 hours ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

Ffs, you’re tying yourself in knots here. 😂

IF what Craig Levein achieved in the early 2000’s was in any way relevant to Hearts in 2016, surely it’d be relevant to Hearts in 2020. As in why did we replace Craig Levein with Daniel Stendal when Craig Leveins ‘achievements‘ in 2003 we’re ‘better’ than what DS had ever managed? And despite this, you clearly had a hard on for DS.....

Robbies win ratio in the Premiership was still higher than Leveins, btw. And that’s before we mention the Championship that some are so desperate to dismiss.

Pointless argument, we are where we are. In Robbie we have hired a manager who wins games of football more than most we employ.

You are totally ignoring my point Robbie finished 3rd with both the zombies and the vermin, not in the league let's see if he can do it over a full season with them in the league 👍

Edited by Bongo 1874

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's really not. 

I dislike rangers more than hibs. 

I never wanted Hibs to win the sc either. 

Don't make things up. 

Why do you dislike Rangers more than Hibs? 

Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen, the Dundee teams and St Mirren should be well above Rangers on the list of hate these days tbf. 

Fluorescent Adolescent
12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You are totally ignoring my point Robbie finished 3rd with both the zombies and the vermin, not in the league let's see if he can do it over a full season with them in the league 👍

I’m ignoring your point because it’s a shite point, mate.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Why do you dislike Rangers more than Hibs? 

Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen, the Dundee teams and St Mirren should be well above Rangers on the list of hate these days tbf. 

Because they cheated Scottish football, us and the tax payer for ten years. horrible fans as well ( same as celtic tbh). The OF are a cancer on our game, hibs are just a shite football team with bitter fans, not the only ones- that is now clear!

The list is close tbh and the situation is fluid.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Dazo said:

Not sure disliking one thing over another is any sort of defence when it cones to Hibs and winning the Scottish cup. Not sure that’s acceptable under any circumstances and pretty embarrassing really. Quit while you’re mikes behind in that argument I’d suggest. 👍

I'm not defending anything.

folk can hate who they want more or less in life and in football, I won't go about telling them they are wrong for having a different opinion to mine tho and in this case if folk won't to discuss hibs cup success there are surely better and more accommodating platforms for it. Why certain folk like to bring up hibs winning the cup is beyond me, they go on about it more than any hibs I know.

26 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

When were the zombies not in the league?

54 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Because they cheated Scottish football, us and the tax payer for ten years. horrible fans as well ( same as celtic tbh). The OF are a cancer on our game, hibs are just a shite football team with bitter fans, not the only ones- that is now clear!

The list is close tbh and the situation is fluid.

Rangers have been well and truly punished. They've won bugger all in almost a decade. They've had to go through all the leagues, they've been humiliated in the Challenge Cup and Playoffs. How long do you want to hold that against them? Get over it. 

As for their fans. It's true they have some mental and backwards views however, if you walk into a Rangers club with a Hearts top on you' ll be alright. Walk into a Hibs club with a Hearts top on you'll get your heid kicked in. That's the difference. 

So nah, Hibs are worse by infinity and our no. 1 rivals. Any Hearts fan that puts Rangers above Hibs needs to give themselves a good shake. 

1 hour ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

I’m ignoring your point because it’s a shite point, mate.

Maybe in your opinion but it's a fact 👍

So in your eyes have we just to ignore the facts?. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He finished top of a league with Rangers and Hibs in it, both with bigger budgets than Neilson had and more experienced managers.

50 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

When were the zombies not in the league?

When we got promoted, we came up and finished 3rd both rangers and hibs were in the championship still 👍

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

He finished top of a league with Rangers and Hibs in it, both with bigger budgets than Neilson had and more experienced managers.

Not the premier league he didn't 👍

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

He overachieved in his first two years given his original target (and budget) was promotion in two years and Europe in 4. That not enough for you?

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Not a bad record with less than half of the playing budget we currently have.

Fluorescent Adolescent
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Maybe in your opinion but it's a fact 👍

So in your eyes have we just to ignore the facts?. 

No, you’ve to stop posting shite.

Cheers.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

He overachieved in his first two years given his original target (and budget) was promotion in two years and Europe in 4. That not enough for you?

He came 3rd in a league without rangers and hibs in it let's be honest, that was the minimum considering they weren't in the league. 

Bar the sheep and the tims, the rest of the teams in the league were pony celtic were managed by ronny delia FFS, 😂did Neilson ever manage a win against celtic I'll let you check that 😉

He left us 2nd place level on points with rangers 26 points but ahead on goal difference, but it was a false position as the sheep had two games in hand, and just needed to win 1 game to go ahead by a point. 

2 minutes ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

No, you’ve to stop posting shite.

Cheers.

Ok major 👍

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not a bad record with less than half of the playing budget we currently have.

Yeah not bad mate but I really think the season we came back up, we could've came 2nd just my opinion though. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah not bad mate but I really think the season we came back up, we could've came 2nd just my opinion though. 

Aberdeen were a good side mate, loads of goals, experience, decent players like GMS, Hayes, Rooney and Niall McGinn at there peak.. wage bill was nearly £3million more.. 

not saying impossible, but that’s a tough ask.

14 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

When we got promoted, we came up and finished 3rd both rangers and hibs were in the championship still 👍

Screenshot_20200622-021948_Twitter.jpg

Just now, Agentjambo said:

Screenshot_20200622-021948_Twitter.jpg

Yes I know that mate, but we had only played 15 games, surely you base it over a full season?. Robbie left after we beat rangers. 

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Aberdeen were a good side mate, loads of goals, experience, decent players like GMS, Hayes, Rooney and Niall McGinn at there peak.. wage bill was nearly £3million more.. 

not saying impossible, but that’s a tough ask.

Never have rated them mate felt like celtic they were for the taking, never rated that tit of a manager they have aswell. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes I know that mate, but we had only played 15 games, surely you base it over a full season?. Robbie left after we beat rangers. 

I've read the dialogue... 

So your point is although he did finish above rangers in the league, technically twice and left with us above them and for his three seasons he was above rangers, you aren't happy about being 3rd or above rangers, or being 3rd because rangers weren't around. 

We've been above rangers (with both of us in the league twice in about 30 years, Robbie was manager for one of them. 

And the reason he couldn't finish above them again was because his Hearts team help team keep them down and this is a negative? 

I'd take 3rd now. I'd even take 4th.

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I've read the dialogue... 

So your point is although he did finish above rangers in the league, technically twice and left with us above them and for his three seasons he was above rangers, you aren't happy about being 3rd or above rangers, or obk6v3rd because rangers weren't around. 

We've been above rangers (with both of us in the league twice in about 30 years, Robbie was manager for one of them. 

And the reason he couldn't finish above them again was because his Hearts team help team keep them down and this is a negative? 

I'd take 3rd now. I'd even take 4th.

He finished 3rd when we came back up from promotion, rangers and hibs weren't in the league, looking at the other teams in the league, and the stature of our club 3rd place was the minimum he should achieve as a league position, 

When rangers came back up he was ahead, but he didn't finish the season as manager i give him all credit for being ahead of them during that time, but how would the league had played out if he had stayed? We will never know all I'm saying is let's see how he does with these other teams in the league now. 

Will certainly be interesting 👍

16 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Your saying the zombies weren't in the league were you not??

4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Your saying the zombies weren't in the league were you not??

Yes when we first came back up and finished 3rd, they were in the championship still with hibs 👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Rangers and Hibs argument is an awful one since they had been smashed out of sight the previous season. 

No reason to believe had they been in the League with us in 15/16 they would have done any better 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Rangers and Hibs argument is an awful one since they had been smashed out of sight the previous season. 

No reason to believe had they been in the League with us in 15/16 they would have done any better 

Since they came back up how many times have we finished above them? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

You can't rewrite history to suit your argument. 

Neilson was great for us, we have been nowhere close to his level since. 

That is fairly obvious unless you don't like Neilson 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

You can't rewrite history to suit your argument. 

Neilson was great for us, we have been nowhere close to his level since. 

That is fairly obvious unless you don't like Neilson 

Answer the question? Since they came up how many times have we finished above them?. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Answer the question? Since they came up how many times have we finished above them?. 

I just did. Read the reply carefully and digest 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

I just did. Read the reply carefully and digest 

Nobody Is trying to rewrite history to suit there argument or agenda, but this is not one way traffic, as you or a few on here would like to point out.

Because what i will say is that those that went to home and away games which I did , during his time with us and can honestly say he didn't have his flaws, is talking absolute garbage. 

Our away form was absolute honking and it was turgid to watch, so for these reasons alone, i and plenty others will have their doubts and will just have to wait and see. 

kingantti1874
25 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

you can’t blame neilson for that

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

you can’t blame neilson for that

No we can't but what we can blame him for is the turgid way we played away from home, the money spinner quote, and the Cup replay which was absolutey diabolical, also a few other games i could mention. 

He had his flaws and everything wasn't as rosey as a few would like to make out on here. 

He's only going to have to lose a few games and the fans will turn again, in my opinion. 

Lucille's Thirsty
28 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What has that got to do with Robbie? 

Lucille's Thirsty
16 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Nobody Is trying to rewrite history to suit there argument or agenda, but this is not one way traffic, as you or a few on here would like to point out.

Because what i will say is that those that went to home and away games which I did , during his time with us and can honestly say he didn't have his flaws, is talking absolute garbage. 

Our away form was absolute honking and it was turgid to watch, so for these reasons alone, i and plenty others will have their doubts and will just have to wait and see. 

As long as I’ve been supporting Hearts, our away form has been at best inconsistent apart from the odd seasons.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He finished 3rd when we came back up from promotion, rangers and hibs weren't in the league, looking at the other teams in the league, and the stature of our club 3rd place was the minimum he should achieve as a league position, 

When rangers came back up he was ahead, but he didn't finish the season as manager i give him all credit for being ahead of them during that time, but how would the league had played out if he had stayed? We will never know all I'm saying is let's see how he does with these other teams in the league now. 

Will certainly be interesting 👍

You missed the bit about finishing above rangers the first season. 

If he can get us in and about 3rd again ad anywhere near rangers to start with, I'll be happy. 

5 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

As long as I’ve been supporting Hearts, our away form has been at best inconsistent apart from the odd seasons.

You should try watching it away from home i did 👍

Lucille's Thirsty
13 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You should try watching it away from home i did 👍

Not presumptuous at all,  what’s Robbie done to you? 

Fluorescent Adolescent

When you have to resort to ‘I’m a better fan than you’ in a debate about a Hearts manager, it’s fairly safe to assume you’ve been rinsed.

Likes the last word though does Bongo so I’m sure he’ll be back for more

Gordon Ramsay
9 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Coco Bongo this guy 

Pretends to be ITK too, guys got nae clue. 

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Rangers have been well and truly punished. They've won bugger all in almost a decade. They've had to go through all the leagues, they've been humiliated in the Challenge Cup and Playoffs. How long do you want to hold that against them? Get over it. 

As for their fans. It's true they have some mental and backwards views however, if you walk into a Rangers club with a Hearts top on you' ll be alright. Walk into a Hibs club with a Hearts top on you'll get your heid kicked in. That's the difference. 

So nah, Hibs are worse by infinity and our no. 1 rivals. Any Hearts fan that puts Rangers above Hibs needs to give themselves a good shake. 

Me and  my mate thought that, when we went into the club deck back when wee Mo Johnstone scored an offside winner. We were spat at and lighters thrown at us, and when we went to go to town, the Polis papped us out. 

So forgive me if I don't like the *****. 

42 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

You’re having a shocker Bongo 

28 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Coco Bongo this guy 

19 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Pretends to be ITK too, guys got nae clue. 

30 minutes ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

When you have to resort to ‘I’m a better fan than you’ in a debate about a Hearts manager, it’s fairly safe to assume you’ve been rinsed.

Likes the last word though does Bongo so I’m sure he’ll be back for more

I loveyou guys to 😘  have a nice day 👍😊

I've been rinsed haha it wasn't me that got rinsed by a championship team and put out the cup 😂😂

The same year that the F****** lifted it, It's quite obvious that you and a few others have a hard on for Robbie. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Me and  my mate thought that, when we went into the club deck back when wee Mo Johnstone scored an offside winner. We were spat at and lighters thrown at us, and when we went to go to town, the Polis papped us out. 

So forgive me if I don't like the *****. 

I've never had a problem with Rangers fans. Anytime I've been in their clubs, their hospitality has been second to none. Couldn't do enough for you. 

11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I loveyou guys to 😘  have a nice day 👍😊

I've been rinsed haha it wasn't me that got rinsed by a championship team and put out the cup 😂😂

The same year that the F****** lifted it, It's quite obvious that you and a few others have a hard on for Robbie. 

but, but, but, wait...... We will just forget about all that because it didn't happen. 

Robbie Neilson quotes 

Robbie: “right lads, anything FoH needs, you do it. If it wasn’t for them, you wouldn’t be f*****g here.” Welcome home, Robbie!”

The Hearts boss saw his team throw away a two-goal lead in the last 11 minutes against their spirited
Edinburgh rivals to set up a second capital showdown a week tomorrow.

And although Neilson was disappointed with the final result he believes his team will finish the job at the second attempt.

He said: “We now have another derby game to look forward to, another money-spinner for both clubs, which is a great.

16 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I've never had a problem with Rangers fans. Anytime I've been in their clubs, their hospitality has been second to none. Couldn't do enough for you. 

90% of my  mates are Rangers fans, and they're all dicks. :)

Not really,  but when they start their shite, they are, same with my Celtic mates. 

I'll tell you one thing, every Rangers and Celtic fan I know, think it's shite what's happening to Hearts. So I tend not to take the phone ins or papers too seriously. 

Edited by ri Alban