Robbie Neilson is back

Lord Beni of Gorgie

13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I've never had a problem with Rangers fans. Anytime I've been in their clubs, their hospitality has been second to none. Couldn't do enough for you. 

Similar experience. I don’t like rangers but a drink’s a drink. Went out along paisley road with fellow hearts fans a few times after games at ibrox and had no bother, just banter and a good laugh. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

King Of The Cat Cafe
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

90% of my  mates are Rangers fans, and they're all dicks. :)

Not really,  but when they start their shite, they are, same with my Celtic mates. 

Yep.  Individually when you meet and talk with them they are fine.  When you meet them together as a group they seem to gain a herd-like degree of total scumability.

3 minutes ago, kila said:

:F6EFFECF-CB36-4574-9BC5-9AAB27271817:

What is it about Robbie Neilson that drives some folk mental?

I’d like to actually know the answer to this. I was in favour of Stendel staying but now I’ve had time for it all to sink in, a manager who’s won the championship for us previously (and was going to win it with Dundee United) is a sensible appointment. 

I don’t get what he’s done to deserve the hate. 

4 minutes ago, kila said:

Not driving me mental mate, some have short memorys, I remember people on here saying levein had nothing to do with signings etc, that It was Robbie. 

Yet now he is coming back it seems to be levein, that was at the back of everything, and they have the cheek to call people on,. Nut deluded. 

Best of it is these people that said this you can check there post history, one of the many good things about kickback. 

Contradiction does not even start to explain it 👍

21 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

but, but, but, wait...... We will just forget about all that because it didn't happen. 

You have a meltdown ? Quoting yourself with nonsense.  Lockdown is easing mate take a breath. 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Not driving me mental mate, some have short memorys, I remember people on here saying levein had nothing to do with signings etc, that It was Robbie. 

Yet now he is coming back it seems to be levein, that was at the back of everything, and they have the cheek to call people on,. Nut deluded. 

Best of it is these people that said this you can check there post history, one of the many good things about kickback. 

Contradiction does not even start to explain it 👍

Back then some folk believed the club narrative 🤷‍♂️

Robbie didn't say otherwise, still hasn't. Though we've seen what Levein had tried to implement and how that might hinder the head coach.

He's the new manager, the second coming. Might as well get behind him as he isn't going anywhere soon. Never know, he might just get things to click like in the Championship season.

Just now, Dazo said:

You have a meltdown ? Quoting yourself with nonsense.  Lockdown is easing mate take a breath. 

Nope not at all enjoying this to be fair 😜

Obviously the whole Stendel appointment feels like a massive waste of time especially given the effort required to actually get him here.  I was intrigued to see what the team would have been like under him next season. 

For whatever reason though we are where we are. Robbie has a good record at Hearts and regardless what teams where in what league his record is better than the previous 3 put together. 

Let's give him the opportunity to show his abilities now he really is his own man.

Welcome home Robbie and all the best. 

Some folk still thinking Robbie wanted a replay? He had a shit choice of words, when he was obviously pissed off and deflated. ****ing get over it, bunch of moaning wee girls.

Yeah but remember that time he said, yeah but Levein, yeah but money spinner, yeah but, yeah but.....he's a phoodle..... 

4 years later still going on. Pathetic ******s.

Grown adults? give me a break.

Dont see the arguement to be fair. Neilson had a winning brand of football. We clearly need a winning mentality again before we can even think about style of play. We scored a lot of goals with him in charge last Time and felt he was harshly treated by a few. If he can get us back into the prem (if we do go down) and then do what he did last time I'll be chuffed

23 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Some folk still thinking Robbie wanted a replay? He had a shit choice of words, when he was obviously pissed off and deflated. ****ing get over it, bunch of moaning wee girls.

Yeah but remember that time he said, yeah but Levein, yeah but money spinner, yeah but, yeah but.....he's a phoodle..... 

No need to be sexist. 

Berra than you
21 minutes ago, gov said:

Dont see the arguement to be fair. Neilson had a winning brand of football. We clearly need a winning mentality again before we can even think about style of play. We scored a lot of goals with him in charge last Time and felt he was harshly treated by a few. If he can get us back into the prem (if we do go down) and then do what he did last time I'll be chuffed

I don't get the argument either. I heard on a podcast today (might be wrong) that we won 62 games under Robbie, and have won 54 since he left. That for me says it all, he knows how to win games.

kingantti1874
52 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

it’s incredible, absolute ******s - he tried to make light of a shite results and got it wrong.. 

some of our fans are the biggest roasters on earth 

Fluorescent Adolescent
12 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I don't get the argument either. I heard on a podcast today (might be wrong) that we won 62 games under Robbie, and have won 54 since he left. That for me says it all, he knows how to win games.

I’m amazed we’ve won that many

4 minutes ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

I’m amazed we’ve won that many

We’ve had some good cup draws 😀

1 hour ago, kila said:

Cant speak for anyone else but away games made my eyes bleed quite often tbh.

He’ll get my backing but I’m glad I can’t go to away games anytime soon 😀

That Hibs defeat in the Scottish cup was unforgivable for alot of fans. Personally I have moved on from that although I was ****ing furious and on the Robbie out band camp for while after that. 

This time round I hope he has learnt alot of lessons and he hasn't got the Levein factor to big him down. I like him he has done a **** load of good here at hearts. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

That Hibs defeat in the Scottish cup was unforgivable for alot of fans. Personally I have moved on from that although I was ****ing furious and on the Robbie out band camp for while after that. 

This time round I hope he has learnt alot of lessons and he hasn't got the Levein factor to big him down. I like him he has done a **** load of good here at hearts. 

Mildly embarrassed to admit this but I still think he’s a ***** for his management for those ties. Was woeful.

Still, I’m permanently at odds with 95% of people on this board so this once, I’ll go with it. He’s a good guy at any rate. Hope he does well

ScandinavianJambo
4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No we can't but what we can blame him for is the turgid way we played away from home, the money spinner quote, and the Cup replay which was absolutey diabolical, also a few other games i could mention. 

He had his flaws and everything wasn't as rosey as a few would like to make out on here. 

He's only going to have to lose a few games and the fans will turn again, in my opinion. 

Have you turned on him already perhaps?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Have you turned on him already perhaps?

Same poster gave me pelters for doubting Stendel early on. 

Clearly liked Stendel yet Neilson has a more stable position in Scottish football. 

Quite possible Neilson has learned a good bit in the intervening period,  but haters gonna hate

33 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Same poster gave me pelters for doubting Stendel early on. 

Clearly liked Stendel yet Neilson has a more stable position in Scottish football. 

Quite possible Neilson has learned a good bit in the intervening period,  but haters gonna hate

And Stendel had a better record in England than Neilson, does that mean the haters are going to hate aswell? 

Please stop if your going to post please think about what you are posting. 

Finlay James

Neilson is a great appointment.  There will always be a few who disagree but he's here so I hope that everyone gets fully behind him and supports the club.

underwaterwoodwelder
14 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No we can't but what we can blame him for is the turgid way we played away from home, the money spinner quote, and the Cup replay which was absolutey diabolical, also a few other games i could mention. 

He had his flaws and everything wasn't as rosey as a few would like to make out on here. 

He's only going to have to lose a few games and the fans will turn again, in my opinion. 

All managers loose a few games in a season give him a fekin break.

underwaterwoodwelder
13 hours ago, kila said:

He has been pumping a lot of maws by the looks of it. 

Governor Tarkin
14 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I’d like to actually know the answer to this. I was in favour of Stendel staying but now I’ve had time for it all to sink in, a manager who’s won the championship for us previously (and was going to win it with Dundee United) is a sensible appointment. 

I don’t get what he’s done to deserve the hate. 

I don't think there is any real hate tbh, Gin.

Beyond a couple of dozen dafties who continue to amusingly russtle jimmies aplenty with their childish troll, you'll probably find that most folk are either mildly disappointed or apathetic at worst.

Folk can go on about it being a solid appointment but it's hardly exciting or inspirational. We'll see where we are this time next year but it feels like a step backwards in the hope of a step forward to me. The past few years have been a massive wast of time and money.

12 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Cant speak for anyone else but away games made my eyes bleed quite often tbh.

He’ll get my backing but I’m glad I can’t go to away games anytime soon 😀

Well you can speak for me and absolutely everybody I attended away games with. 👍

12 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Mildly embarrassed to admit this but I still think he’s a ***** for his management for those ties. Was woeful.

Still, I’m permanently at odds with 95% of people on this board so this once, I’ll go with it. He’s a good guy at any rate. Hope he does well

Nothing to be embarrassed about.

Agree with your last point too.

49 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I don't think there is any real hate tbh, Gin.

Beyond a couple of dozen dafties who continue to amusingly russtle jimmies aplenty with their childish troll, you'll probably find that most folk are either mildly disappointed or apathetic at worst.

Folk can go on about it being a solid appointment but it's hardly exciting or inspirational. We'll see where we are this time next year but it feels like a step backwards in the hope of a step forward to me. The past few years have been a massive wast of time and money.

You’re probably right tbf. Only takes a few dingles with posters and banners to grab headlines I suppose.

I’m warming to the idea of him being back but I do get what you mean. I just hope he steadies the ship and doesn’t play overly negative football that sees us trying to sit out 1 goal leads for 45 minutes. We had enough of that with CL and there is no need for a club of our size and resources to resort to those tactics. He’s got good attacking options so hopefully we play on the front foot. 

All those who are moaning about our away form under Robbie are probably the same ones saying they won’t be attending away games against teams that voted us down. I can’t see that they have anything to worry about🥴🥴😆

4 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

All those who are moaning about our away form under Robbie are probably the same ones saying they won’t be attending away games against teams that voted us down. I can’t see that they have anything to worry about🥴🥴😆

I rarely attend away games as it is but I still like us to win even if I’m not there. 

kingantti1874

Can we just turn the guns outward just now? We’ve enough on our plate fighting the whole damn league and trying to avoid getting shafted without arguing amongst ourselves 

in 2 years when we are back in some sort of even keel then we can talk about our away performances good and bad.. I’m interested to see how he does without Levein’s negative influence percolating his thinking.

I'm still not sure why Neilson is so offensive to folk. Folk used to say he was Leveins puppet but he wasn't at Utd and he won't be now.

Folk looking for an inspirational appointment, good grief who are you expecting Klopp. Inspirational managers don't come to the SPFL for our wages and we might not even be on the top league FFS.

58 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I rarely attend away games as it is but I still like us to win even if I’m not there. 

Me too but I have to take someone else’s opinion to find out if we were good lucky or unlucky. Why can’t we wait and see if he’s still shite but at least give him a chance before condemning him.🧐😱

6 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

Me too but I have to take someone else’s opinion to find out if we were good lucky or unlucky. Why can’t we wait and see if he’s still shite but at least give him a chance before condemning him.🧐😱

Fully agree. 👍🏻

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

And Stendel had a better record in England than Neilson, does that mean the haters are going to hate aswell? 

Please stop if your going to post please think about what you are posting. 

Look mate. Widely commented on you have had a mare.

Don't try and deflect your shit. 

We are talking about managing in Scotland not England. 

Its about knowing your shit. 

Do have a think to yourself. You need education clearly,  many of us have seen that on this thread. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Look mate. Widely commented on you have had a mare.

Don't try and deflect your shit. 

We are talking about managing in Scotland not England. 

Its about knowing your shit. 

Do have a think to yourself. You need education clearly,  many of us have seen that on this thread. 

First of all when since by producing stats and facts is trying to deflect my shit or is having a mare? It wouldn't be the point that the truth is hurting would it? and you and a few other's can't handle it. 

Next Stendel has hardly been in Scotland for a s***e and a shave, with his hands tied behind his back. 

Coming into a complete mess, and your trying to judge Stendel against Neilson, of managing in Scotland not England. 

And then trying to tell me it's about knowing your shit, you seriously need to have a think to yourself, because it's quite obvious you haven't got a clue. 

And you seriously are needing educated, what you and a few others know about football and managers on here, you could put on the back of a postage stamp. 

And that's been widely seen on many occasions, and it's very easy to see that the truth hurts with quite a few.

But that's deflecting your shit in your book aye okay 👍

22 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Why do you dislike Rangers more than Hibs? 

Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen, the Dundee teams and St Mirren should be well above Rangers on the list of hate these days tbf. 

I dunno about anyone else but Rangers will most likely always top my most hated list. Mainly because in my formative football watching years, those ***** ran roughshod over everyone, spunking money (that it eventually turned out they never really had) on players they didn't need or want, wasting their talents on the bench and generally treating the rest of Scottish football like the dirt on the bottom of their shoe. 

I don't really hate Hibs. In my life following Hearts they've been little more than an irritating insect, completely insignificant, a play thing to use as we wish that, occasionally, will give you a little sting but far more often than not will get squished. Don't get me wrong, I love smashing the vermin tramps because I'm a nasty git who enjoys their misery. But I don't really get bothered by them being happy. A happy Hibbe is of no consequence to me. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

First of all when since by producing stats and facts is trying to deflect my shit or is having a mare? It wouldn't be the point that the truth is hurting would it? and you and a few other's can't handle it. 

Next Stendel has hardly been in Scotland for a s***e and a shave, with his hands tied behind his back. 

Coming into a complete mess, and your trying to judge Stendel against Neilson, of managing in Scotland not England. 

And then trying to tell me it's about knowing your shit, you seriously need to have a think to yourself, because it's quite obvious you haven't got a clue. 

And you seriously are needing educated, what you and a few others know about football and managers on here, you could put on the back of a postage stamp. 

And that's been widely seen on many occasions, and it's very easy to see that the truth hurts with quite a few.

Grow up Bongo  :rofl:

Stendel you waxed lyrical. It didn't work out. 

Facts eh :)

By far and a way Neilson has the best record of a Hearts manager serving a couple of years in quite some time. 

You then somehow managed to push the lack of success once he left completely contradicting yourself. 

You certainly have good contacts though chum  👍

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Folk looking for an inspirational appointment, good grief who are you expecting Klopp.

The manager we've just released to bring Robbie Lhevein back in was a fairly inspirational appointment, no?

2 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

I dunno about anyone else but Rangers will most likely always top my most hated list. Mainly because in my formative football watching years, those ***** ran roughshod over everyone, spunking money (that it eventually turned out they never really had) on players they didn't need or want, wasting their talents on the bench and generally treating the rest of Scottish football like the dirt on the bottom of their shoe. 

I don't really hate Hibs. In my life following Hearts they've been little more than an irritating insect, completely insignificant, a play thing to use as we wish that, occasionally, will give you a little sting but far more often than not will get squished. Don't get me wrong, I love smashing the vermin tramps because I'm a nasty git who enjoys their misery. But I don't really get bothered by them being happy. A happy Hibbe is of no consequence to me. 

That's all fair enough, but I see you've stopped well short of strutting about the board giving it the uber PHM schtick whilst openly admitting you wanted Hibs to win the Scottish Cup.

Good man. 👍

5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The manager we've just released to bring Robbie Lhevein back in was a fairly inspirational appointment, no?

That's all fair enough, but I see you've stopped well short of strutting about the board giving it the uber PHM schtick whilst openly admitting you wanted Hibs to win the Scottish Cup.

Good man. 👍

That day was a very weird lose/lose win/win. In that no matter what, one of those ***** would win. But equally, one of them would be miserable. 

I'll be honest, it was a proper Sophie's Choice for me. Will seeing happy Huns piss me off more than laughing at Hibs? Or does watching the mutants celebrate hurt more than knowing there's a bunch of seething Huns? I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about that result to be honest. 

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about that result to be honest. 

That's all fair enough and perfectly understandable, but I see you've still stopped well short of strutting about the board giving it the uber PHM schtick whilst openly admitting you wanted Hibs to win the Scottish Cup.

Good man. 👍

36 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Good man. 👍

What does that mean?

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

What does that mean?

Anything you want, wavy. 👍

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The manager we've just released to bring Robbie Lhevein back in was a fairly inspirational appointment, 

If you say so, someone who got the boot from a team bottom of the English championship, but seemed like a nice bloke. I don't know if that was inspired or not but it was a disaster. Promised lots, delivered nothing. If that's what inspirational brings then no thanks.

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

If you say so, someone who got the boot from a team bottom of the English championship, but seemed like a nice bloke. I don't know if that was inspired or not but it was a disaster. Promised lots, delivered nothing. If that's what inspirational brings then no thanks.

So you were against getting him in as manager in the first place then?

Fair enough.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What utter bollocks. He got 3 months, over a quarter of a season in terms of number of games. When you consider some players get written off by fans after a handful of games that's a lot of time in football. Yet by the St Mirren game we didn't really look any better. Our defending had actually gone backwards. Teams we should have been going in very confident against were relishing playing us.

He also got a lot of money to spend in January and he got to bring in all his own people. He also got players like Naismith, Washington, Walker, Halkett and Souttar back from injury. He had all the tools and support to do better than he did. In better times I think he would have worked out, and maybe he'll get another chance.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

He was disappointing but it’s probably worth bearing in mind the club got it all wrong with Stendel. They waited too long hoping McPhee would make the grade. Brought DS in on his own, without assistants , with a squad who appeared to be completely resistant to change after safety first football being hammered into them for a year and at a time when we were playing twice a week. The players weren’t fit enough either imo. 

Away from the Stendel vs Neilson debate. 

John Rankin has retired from playing with Clyde to focus on coaching with us. 

Anyone think he might be getting bumped up to the 1st team by Robbie? 

Atm he's doing the U18's/Reserves and seems to be very highly rated 

1 minute ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Away from the Stendel vs Neilson debate. 

John Rankin has retired from playing with Clyde to focus on coaching with us. 

Anyone think he might be getting bumped up to the 1st team by Robbie? 

Atm he's doing the U18's/Reserves and seems to be very highly rated 

Nice to get some good news. Got to benefit us if he’s not distracted by playing.  

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

What utter bollocks. He got 3 months, over a quarter of a season in terms of number of games. When you consider some players get written off by fans after a handful of games that's a lot of time in football. Yet by the St Mirren game we didn't really look any better. Our defending had actually gone backwards. Teams we should have been going in very confident against were relishing playing us.

He also got a lot of money to spend in January and he got to bring in all his own people. He also got players like Naismith, Washington, Walker, Halkett and Souttar back from injury. He had all the tools and support to do better than he did. In better times I think he would have worked out, and maybe he'll get another chance.

5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Grow up Bongo  :rofl:

Stendel you waxed lyrical. It didn't work out. 

Facts eh :)

By far and a way Neilson has the best record of a Hearts manager serving a couple of years in quite some time. 

You then somehow managed to push the lack of success once he left completely contradicting yourself. 

You certainly have good contacts though chum  👍

ToqueJambo   

ToqueJambo
  On 17/09/2018 at 15:53, Sir Gio said:

I made a point back in March around that awful draw at Dundee. We hadn't downed tools but it was fairly clear to me, that the season had been written off and only the home games really mattered, with one in particular.

Clearly he had been planning since around November. He has not quite manipulated the situation, but he has been clever to demonstrate last year, the strength of the academy and the weakness of the squad. It saved last season from being a complete PR disaster.

The turnaround in personnel, I don't believe he could have imagined the early success in his wildest dreams, usually it takes time. But how he has done that is very clever, and I have heard Bielsa say the same at Leeds. New players need time to be integrated and understand the team, and with many new players, a message can be lost in how you want that team to play.

So though the numbers were large, there was a very definite pause between the initial wave of signings and then this latest wave the last 3 weeks.

Deeply impressed by the calculated and sustained effort this window, it didn't start in May, it probably traces back close on a year. I would imagine some of that intensity has brought on the illness, but that is merely my own speculative view.

On Craig the person. I have met him several times, once where he was duty bound, but the other times, when he was not connected to Hearts in any official capacity, he has approached and he had been wearing Hearts tie etc. 

He loves Hearts like any of us do. It will be an incredible day, if he leads us back to silverware.

I agree about last season. He needed to stop the slide and focused on getting the defence right and not losing, especially away. Making Tynecastle a fortress again though was really important, which he did. He was also very unlucky with injuries last year, I can't remember a worst season for injuries to key players, especially the more creative ones, leaving us relying on the likes of Callachan and Randall in midfield.

Having been part of the 85/86 team Craig knows what building a team spirit is all about and where it can take you. I think what has separated us from the other teams this year is we had the majority of signings in before pre-season so they had time to bond. And some of the others who came later, like Naismith and Mitchell, already knew the club. Lennon is in the papers saying his team needs time to gel, Levein basically made sure the gelling happened in pre-season and the League Cup. Great to have someone who knows what he's doing in charge.

Ooofft This is a pair that backed a serial loser, and now all of sudden can opinionate, on a manager that's had three months of football here, with the serial losers squad. 

Call them what you want sheep, trolls, tag team mates, oofttt how many times is there contradiction in these post's. 

I'll let others decide 👍

Edited by Bongo 1874

Guest ToqueJambo
27 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Ooofft This is a pair that backed a serial loser, and now all of sudden can opinionate, on a manager that's had three months of football here, with the serial losers squad. 

Call them what you want sheep, trolls, tag team mates, oofttt how many times is there contradiction in these post's. 

I'll let others decide 👍

So not replying to my points then about Stendel?

Are you saying Daniel Stendel was a better Hearts manager, or even better manager in general, than Craig Levein because I'd be interested to know what you base that on? Stendel did well before Hearts and may yet have a fantastic career (although what has he won exactly to make him NOT a serial loser like Levein?) but Levein has had a demonstrably better career than Stendel and has done better as Hearts manager, even including his last spell with us where he had almost a 40% win record (compared to Stendel's atrocious 29% which was only slightly better than Cathro's). For context, Levein's first spell was 44%, Sergio had a 42% record, JJ in his first spell had a 44% record and in his second spell a 41% win record. Czaba Laslo had a 40% record and got us 3rd. Levein had a 40% record at D Utd and is largely considered a success there.

Stats eh! And none of that is saying Levein should still be our manager although I do believe he would have won us more points with the players Stendel got back from injury plus a signing like Boyce.

Levein turned around the poor form under Cathro to the extent that we were top of the league for a couple of months and got to a cup final and a couple of semis before all the injuries, plus natural order was regained in the derby. Stendel, at best, had us playing some slightly more attacking football in a few games. At worst, he was cementing our place at the foot of the table.

Edited by ToqueJambo