Tick tock

Ronald Villiers

3 hours ago, busby1985 said:

800’000 since when? He reckons they’ve raised 400k since covid. 

400k was the target. They’re nowhere near that. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• martoon

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

24 minutes ago, Boof said:

:berra:

And did he actually do that much while with them?

His days of rescinded trophies with the infamous 1991 - 1993 cheats of Marseilles were far behind him when he was there. He had an unusually decent derby record for them, of I think ten games undefeated as a player and manager. About as good as it gets for them, tbh. They were spending so far above their income at the time, they must consider it cheating, going by their logic towards our superior runs against them.

Poor old wonky Franck.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

I just googled HSL to see for myself. “Largest ever donation......going towards player funds” grabbed my attention so I read on. This was the edinburgh evening news so I assumed it would be a massive donation, 400k like my mate said, I’d imagine.......................£24’500 hahahahaha shambles. The evening news is a joke as well. 

3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I just googled HSL to see for myself. “Largest ever donation......going towards player funds” grabbed my attention so I read on. This was the edinburgh evening news so I assumed it would be a massive donation, 400k like my mate said, I’d imagine.......................£24’500 hahahahaha shambles. The evening news is a joke as well. 

The Hibs “Ponzi” boys are still jumping on the HSL tweets and calling them out online. I get the feeling we might be seeing old Putty Face on the back of a flat bed truck again before too long.

4 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Indeed. To be perfectly franck, it’s laughable. :lol:

Sauzees me too

A long month stretches out ahead of them with nae poapy.  No sign of Ron chipping in.  They will be desparate for telly money but what happens when that runs out?

pettigrewsstylist
11 hours ago, martoon said:

In June FOH raised £137k; HSL £24k.

Half a Million? 😂

It would take them 3 and a half years to raise that. 

Ahhhh....but.......FOH shareholding is almost zilch....HSL have 20 odd %

Therefore AB is ripping us off still and will sell to overlord. FOH will NEVER achieve majority shareholding at Hearts.

Been hearing this narrative for yrs now. 

Cmon Ron, offer them the whole shareholding for £££££. Give them a yr to raise funds or dozers are in.

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Let's put things into perspective.  James Anderson, who has been revealed as one of our mystery benefactors, handed over £3m+ to the SPL to assist with covid testing and contribute to charitable causes, and has now handed over money to allow Glasgow City ladies team to compete in Europe.  Does anyone think he's going to hand money over to other clubs then idly watch us struggle?  Whatever HSL raises in a year would be less than pocket money for our benefactors, added to that the money that FOH brings in, which is multiple times what HSL is raising.

We are in a very good position, in that there are wealthy benefactors willing to contribute to our club, without seeking to gain financially from it.  Celtic has Dermot Desmond as their major shareholder, a genuine billionaire (unlike the pretendy ones that keep taking over Rangers).  But Dermot doesn't put any of his money into Celtic, he instead takes a large dividend every year.

Now when it comes to Hibs, who on here thinks Ron the con is their James Anderson, or their Dermot Desmond?

Greedy Jambo
22 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Let's put things into perspective.  James Anderson, who has been revealed as one of our mystery benefactors, handed over £3m+ to the SPL to assist with covid testing and contribute to charitable causes, and has now handed over money to allow Glasgow City ladies team to compete in Europe.  Does anyone think he's going to hand money over to other clubs then idly watch us struggle?  Whatever HSL raises in a year would be less than pocket money for our benefactors, added to that the money that FOH brings in, which is multiple times what HSL is raising.

We are in a very good position, in that there are wealthy benefactors willing to contribute to our club, without seeking to gain financially from it.  Celtic has Dermot Desmond as their major shareholder, a genuine billionaire (unlike the pretendy ones that keep taking over Rangers).  But Dermot doesn't put any of his money into Celtic, he instead takes a large dividend every year.

Now when it comes to Hibs, who on here thinks Ron the con is their James Anderson, or their Dermot Desmond?

Fair enough, but apart from money, what has Ann Budge and Friends brought to our club in football terms? 

It has been an absolute failure. We wouldn't even be in this situation if the football department was run properly. 

So much money pissed against a wall, and you think people will be willing to give us more? 

And i know that people will get all upset about this and call me a hobo or whatever but it's the fecking truth! 

Edited by Space Pirate

1 hour ago, Space Pirate said:

Fair enough, but apart from money, what has Ann Budge and Friends brought to our club in football terms? 

It has been an absolute failure. We wouldn't even be in this situation if the football department was run properly. 

So much money pissed against a wall, and you think people will be willing to give us more? 

And i know that people will get all upset about this and call me a hobo or whatever but it's the fecking truth! 

In answer to your penultimate paragraph, the benefactors have guaranteed financial support for another 5 years.  In the times were living in, that's like winning the lottery.

As far as the football is concerned, it won't be bad for ever and it is extremely unlikely we will ever an injury tsunami again like levein had to deal with.

We're in a vastly stronger position than the great majority of our competitors.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

As a Hearts fan you must know that we have guaranteed funding from our benefactors, aka Hearts fans with lots of money, for another 5 years if needed, plus FoH donations are going up. I mean both things have been widely publicised by Hearts - the club you allegedly support - and discussed amongst Hearts fans - of which you are allegedly one. 

6 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

apart from money, what has Ann Budge and Friends brought to our club

:lol:

Yeah, apart from money. Not like money is important. 

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

:lol:

Yeah, apart from money. Not like money is important. 

😄 Very "What did the Romans...".

9 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Ahhhh....but.......FOH shareholding is almost zilch....HSL have 20 odd %

Therefore AB is ripping us off still and will sell to overlord. FOH will NEVER achieve majority shareholding at Hearts.

Been hearing this narrative for yrs now. 

Cmon Ron, offer them the whole shareholding for £££££. Give them a yr to raise funds or dozers are in.

Lochend's in the background.

80013270-bulldozer-huge-orange-powerful-construction-machine-with-hydraulic-piston-of-scoop-and-black-wheels-.jpg

Edited by martoon

John Findlay
On 06/07/2020 at 00:56, Space Pirate said:

Did Hibs play in the big cup final last season?

On 06/07/2020 at 00:56, Space Pirate said:

I''ll guess that none, or little, of the money pissed against a wall came from you.

Randy Marsh
11 minutes ago, Locky said:

Are these ****s dead and buried yet?

Patience.  The panic button won't be pressed until around half way through next season when no matches have been played in front of crowds.  They'll be on their knees begging for Celtic to bail them out. 

On 06/07/2020 at 02:56, Space Pirate said:

People will call you a hobo because you are a hobo, simple really. As simple as the idiot hobos that infest his site. FTH

On 05/07/2020 at 21:07, Boof said:

:berra:

And did he actually do that much while with them?

1 win in 15 games

I think its dawning on them across the road. They are skint no new signing incoming in spite of of having a gazullionaire owner and 10k season ticket holders. 

They will soon stop looking at us and start looking at themselves fairly soon and its not a pretty picture.

I reckon cancellations of ST will be high especially after they start the season with the team that finished 7th minus some of their decent players. A few defeats and it will be why are we even bothering with this crap and cancellations will hit them hard. 

Still no word on first team player cuts either. Dempster and Gordon are relying heavily on the goodwill of the season ticket holders. 

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

1 win in 15 games

I really like the word 'risible' - so fitting.

I'm still surprised that there no reports or media speculation on their wage cuts.  Did they go ahead or not?

Can't help thinking this is the calm before the storm but willingly concede it is wishful thinking.

Really difficult time for most clubs including them.  Glad we are in such a sound position, with or without compo.

7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm still surprised that there no reports or media speculation on their wage cuts.  Did they go ahead or not?

Can't help thinking this is the calm before the storm but willingly concede it is wishful thinking.

Really difficult time for most clubs including them.  Glad we are in such a sound position, with or without compo.

Waiting for us to report any bad news so they can slip under the radar or trump us as usual....lol.

Can always rely on them to cheer us up when things seem grey. FTH

John Findlay

I was with an ex professional player yesterday morning, who still has lots of contacts in the Scottish footballing world. 

He said he couldnt understand things at Hibernian FC. All their youth football is closed down as of now and all coaches gone. They have asked all their youth players all age groups not to sign for other clubs. They will be reviewing the situation around December time.

There is no guarantee they will be starting up then too.

34 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I was with an ex professional player yesterday morning, who still has lots of contacts in the Scottish footballing world. 

He said he couldnt understand things at Hibernian FC. All their youth football is closed down as of now and all coaches gone. They have asked all their youth players all age groups not to sign for other clubs. They will be reviewing the situation around December time.

There is no guarantee they will be starting up then too.

I wonder if they are going to separate East Mains from the football club? Slash running costs and Gordon has ownership of some land.

Jambo in Bathgate

I thought Hibs would have been flooded with American players by now, Romanovesque. Think Ron the Con has that in mind and then sell on to European clubs and pocket the profit. Covid 19 has halted his plan. He also thought that we were like American fans who moved from team to team in the city. Hence why they are not signing anyone. Money is tight down there. Still he holds surety on Stadium and Training Ground he is well covered financially. 

Seaside jambo

Haven spoken to the ex kit man briefly yesterday he told me things are not rosey down at fester road 🤣

Clerry Jambo
28 minutes ago, Seaside jambo said:

Haven spoken to the ex kit man briefly yesterday he told me things are not rosey down at fester road 🤣

:yas::pleasingao::robboyas::greggy:

Seaside jambo
6 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

:yas::pleasingao::robboyas::greggy:

Met him in portobello high St , but never got the chance to ask him anything juicy, hope to bump into him again at the W/end 

😊

On 06/07/2020 at 09:31, martoon said:

😄 Very "What did the Romans...".

I was waiting for the punch line. 😅

Turns out he was serious 🤣🤣🤣

queensferryjambo
1 hour ago, Seaside jambo said:

Is that Tam McCourt the Hibs kit man or someone else who helped him?

If it is him and they have paid him off then that is a disgrace he has been with them for an age.

I hate Hibs and all that but feel a bit for their staff. 

DarthVodka
1 hour ago, Seaside jambo said:

This is the kind of update to this thread I like!

5 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

What happened to the bad news story that was supposedly being sat on?  Bollocks was it?

The bad news story was some of the senior players refusing to take pay cuts and the players union called in. This happened.

Not sure why it didn’t make the press when we got slaughtered for doing something similar. 

13 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

What happened to the bad news story that was supposedly being sat on?  Bollocks was it?

An eye-watering thought... :o 

18 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

The bad news story was some of the senior players refusing to take pay cuts and the players union called in. This happened.

Not sure why it didn’t make the press when we got slaughtered for doing something similar. 

Media have decided to lay off this story.

Maybe there is a general approach to be positive with new season starting. 

Looking forward to Hearts losing their case. (Though if we win...)

wentworth jambo

I had a spare half hour and was messing about on t'internet...anyway somehow got companies house and searched "The Hibernian Football Club"....only when you read the actual charges we Ron the Con has over them do you realise the **** they are in....all the bricks, all the land, all the business and they are paying something back to wee Ron on a regular basis - doesn't state what amount but does advise it's being paid back at 4% above base rate and if this defaults, he holds all the security and can do whatever he wants - including getting Hibs to pay for repairs to property before he sells it !!! :pleasingao:

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

I was waiting for the punch line. 😅

Turns out he was serious 🤣🤣🤣

Aye. Very odd. 

Some poor decision making and money wasted but Ann Budge and co have done so much for the club. Particularly here and now. 

Back on topic "are they no' deid yet" as they were fond of posting on that admin thread they had on Hibs.nut. You know the one...Britain's most itk yachtsman and the Vagisil bloke? 

Seaside jambo
2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Is that Tam McCourt the Hibs kit man or someone else who helped him?

If it is him and they have paid him off then that is a disgrace he has been with them for an age.

I hate Hibs and all that but feel a bit for their staff. 

Yes it was Tam , stays in portobello ,feel for him , wasn’t well for a while , still see the kit van so don’t know if he’s working his notice or what ,Just hope a can clear a few things up with him if a see  

Gordon Ramsay
1 hour ago, wentworth jambo said:

I had a spare half hour and was messing about on t'internet...anyway somehow got companies house and searched "The Hibernian Football Club"....only when you read the actual charges we Ron the Con has over them do you realise the **** they are in....all the bricks, all the land, all the business and they are paying something back to wee Ron on a regular basis - doesn't state what amount but does advise it's being paid back at 4% above base rate and if this defaults, he holds all the security and can do whatever he wants - including getting Hibs to pay for repairs to property before he sells it !!! :pleasingao:

Didn't realise it was as bad as that. 

They really are screwed with this guy in charge. I'd imagine he will be gone soon enough. There wasn't much money in Hibs before this all started, even less now. 

1 hour ago, wentworth jambo said:

Glad someone else can see it. He’s got them absolutely sewn up. 

3 hours ago, wentworth jambo said:

:jjyay:

Luvly jubbly 

Am I missing something?   I thought they were the model of fiscal prudence.  Ron certainly seems to be.

Few posters on Hibs.net posting that Jack Fitzwater was up at the barn last week. He would be a class signing etc. The boy has signed for Livi lol. Hibs are now getting beat to their targets by Livvy lol.