Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• martoon

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Hibs PR in action.

Hibs have these foot soldiers all over the internet.From Facebook to Twitter to the fecking comment section on the EEN website.🤣🤣🤣

The Old Tolbooth
55 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

We really are. 

Having someone who cares for the club over someone making a profit at any cost is very pleasing. I take great pleasure telling this to any Hibs fans I know.

Exactly this! 

It's pretty much role reversal of a decade ago, when we were owned by a ruthless businessman who didn't have the clubs best interests at heart, and they had the nice and cuddly soft approach of Tom Farmer, who to be fair, kept them afloat a lot longer than they deserved to be kept afloat, Ron Gordon appears ruthless, and it's going to end badly for them. 

Snigger! :D 

11 minutes ago, firsttimecaller said:

The “cost-cutting” that appears to be taking place at Hibs would seem worrying. My suspicion is that actually most clubs will be doing this somewhere along the line. Fundamentally, the first-team is the key component of any sports team and so that can be used as a justification for spending money on players. However, morally, that still doesn’t sit right.

I think it would be a brave club who chose to move on / sell higher earners and then promoted youth from within the club to fill those gaps in the squad. Part of me hoped that COVID19 would’ve created an atmosphere where many more young players were given opportunities within first teams at all levels. I’m not so sure this is going to happen as much as it could’ve. 

The reported cutbacks at Hibs perhaps need taken with a pinch of salt. Seventy employees sounds huge for any organisation of their size and equates to a large number of their staff surely. Whether or not these are actually non-permanent/seasonal roles such as food kiosk/hospitality remains to be be seen. The loss of youth coaches and the apparent moth balling of their academy should be concerning for their supporters, though part of me assumed that actually a lot of clubs may choose to look at this model, rightly or wrongly.

Hibsed it with this post, Tam McCourt will be devastated and you undermine him, some hibs fan.

The Old Tolbooth
11 minutes ago, firsttimecaller said:

The “cost-cutting” that appears to be taking place at Hibs would seem worrying. My suspicion is that actually most clubs will be doing this somewhere along the line. Fundamentally, the first-team is the key component of any sports team and so that can be used as a justification for spending money on players. However, morally, that still doesn’t sit right.

I think it would be a brave club who chose to move on / sell higher earners and then promoted youth from within the club to fill those gaps in the squad. Part of me hoped that COVID19 would’ve created an atmosphere where many more young players were given opportunities within first teams at all levels. I’m not so sure this is going to happen as much as it could’ve. 

The reported cutbacks at Hibs perhaps need taken with a pinch of salt. Seventy employees sounds huge for any organisation of their size and equates to a large number of their staff surely. Whether or not these are actually non-permanent/seasonal roles such as food kiosk/hospitality remains to be be seen. The loss of youth coaches and the apparent moth balling of their academy should be concerning for their supporters, though part of me assumed that actually a lot of clubs may choose to look at this model, rightly or wrongly.

What's your views on the disgusting way that you're mob are treating Tam McCourt? (and up to 70 others if Ron the con gets his way) 

On 06/07/2020 at 09:27, firsttimecaller said:

I'm aware this is an essay, but nevermind!

It’s come to the point where I feel I can’t stand by any more. A reality check needs to kick-in at some point here.

At the time when the league was suspended, Hearts were bottom. They were beaten 1-0 by St Mirren in a game which the vast majority of Hearts supporters, and everyone else, had labelled as “must win”. Hearts didn’t win this game, and were therefore four points adrift at the bottom of the table with eight games to play. Hearts had won four games all season. The performance at St Mirren was described variously as “meek”, “insipid” and “lacking threat”. Hearts nearest rivals for relegation were unbeaten in their last five home matches and had kept clean sheets in four of those.

Hearts supporters shared the view that, from a sporting point of view, they were the worst team in the league. On 14th March, under the title of “At What point Did You Think Our Season Was Doomed?”, various posters on JKB acknowledged how poor Hearts were. Saughton Jambo, who has recently been noticeably vocal around fairness with regards to the Court of Session case, pointed out “This is worse than the 80-81 season [when Hearts were relegated]. We had an excuse back then... we don’t now”. Stan pointed out that “Going 3 down to Killie after the break … was the last chance to turn the corner and finish the season well”. Famous 1874 said that “It’s hard to say when we were doomed as we’ve been s***e all season bar a handful of results”. In a poll on the 14th March on JKB, 12.8% of Hearts own fans acknowledged that they deserved to be relegated.

From a sporting perspective, Hearts were the worst football team in the league. In the match thread following the St Mirren defeat, the overall mood was disappointment and acknowledgment of how poor a team they were. In that match thread, Fozzyonthefence noted prior to the defeat “Lose on Wednesday and we’re down.  I think you’re the only person on here that doesn’t think that” in response to a poster suggesting they could stay up. JimmyCant pointed out that “We’ve got 5 key games left … We’ll need to win 4 out of those 5. That’s becoming a big ask the more you look at it.” Bear in mind, this is a Hearts team that had won four times all season.

On sporting merit, Hearts deserved to be relegated.

There is also the worrying trend emerging around Hearts supporters expressly hoping for negative outcomes for other clubs whilst at the same time becoming noticeably vocal around the concept of fairness. There is the startling example of the post on the aforementioned St Mirren matchday thread of a poster highlighting how funny it would be to beat St Mirren, sending them bottom, and then for the season to be called due to COVID19. I’m fairly certain the poster in question has had this particular post copy/pasted several times, and so I’ll spare them the reminder of it. This schadenfreude has now been replaced by hoping that other clubs go into administration, seemingly based on the assumption that they “voted against Hearts” in order to relegate them.

Throughout various threads, numerous assertions have been made as to which clubs people would like to go into administration. The thread titled “Administration” from 26th June notes that some fans believe that “quite a few” will suffer this fate and that Hearts should “Get that interdict served ASAP”. Amongst others, Dundee, Hibs, St Mirren, Ross County, Hamilton and Albion Rovers are all named as clubs that posters hope enter administration, a process which results in numerous job losses and can end in financial hardship for ordinary employees. It’s noteworthy that several of these clubs were Hearts rivals within the bottom six of the league.Thank goodness for the few comments of common sense on such matters, notably Sassenach, who said “I've suffered admin events … It's horrible, and I wouldn't wish it on any fellow football fans”. Some things surely transcend sport.

The matter of finance also comes into play in issue. Hearts suffered a previous administration event, ultimately leading to their relegation in the 2010s. This was caused largely by financial mismanagement. Within their list of creditors, Hearts included fellow football clubs Ayr United, Livingston, Musselburgh Athletic, Stenhousemuir and Rangers. They also owed monies to a variety of public bodies, including the City of Edinburgh Council, Scottish Water and Scottish Police Authority. There are no winners in administration events. Supporter boycotts of all clubs who voted against Hearts league reconstruction proposals have been widely mentioned online.

To a significant extent, supporters of other clubs (the Pie & Bovril forum is a marker of this) do sympathise with the situation in which Hearts currently find themselves, but many have expressed a significant distaste for the sense of entitlement being displayed. Under the JKB thread of “Wigan Go Into Administration”, posters note that there may be “decent freebies to be had” and that this is “karma for Webstergate”. The irony and understanding of the concept of karma and justice for perceived previous wrongdoings is an interesting one.

Similarly, the suggestion that Dundee United are a target of Hearts fans’ dislike appears to be an interesting perspective. Taken from the thread last week on JKB  “I Used To Post On Here About Liking Dundee Utd”, Salad Fingers notes that he/she “recently developed a strong hatred of them and their fans”. The supposed crime committed by Dundee United is defending themselves and their promotion in the Court of Session and being asked to pay £50,000 for the privilege.

The thread posted this morning on JKB titled “Merging Clubs” highlights and reinforces the prevailing sense of entitlement amongst posters on the site, perhaps representative of the wider Hearts support. The assertion from Space Pirate that there are “far too many wee diddy clubs” and that clubs should merge underlines the contempt in which other clubs in Scotland are held.

As it stands, the hugely successful Foundation of Hearts brings circa £2M into the club each year from fans and it has been revealed that James Anderson has acted as a benefactor over recent times. During this time, Hearts have spent £17M on a main stand within Tynecastle and this is yet to be fully completed. During the recent Court of Session case, various figures of compensation have been raised and noted, both on JKB and within the Scottish media. It has been suggested that Hearts are seeking compensation and damages in the region of £8M.

Following on from the Court of Session hearing, Hearts supporters are seemingly painting the club, and Ann Budge in particular, as champions of justice, noting that there is a crucial role to be played in fighting corruption. Indeed, it has been suggested that Ann Budge previously stepped down from her role on the SPFL Board as she wanted to challenge the corruption that she saw. Reporting of the matter would seem to indicate otherwise - https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts-chairwoman-ann-budge-voted-spfl-board-583624

Throughout this process since March, there has been much play with regards to revisionism. The term relegated has been replaced with expelled, for instance. Interestingly, manager Daniel Stendal’s contract reputably had a clause allowing it’s termination in the event of relegation, as confirmed by both Ann Budge and Daniel Stendal. This clause was enacted. The tone and portrayal of Ann Budge has shifted too. Compare the descriptions with regards to her perceived leadership skills that were expressed on JKB during January and February to now.

Before Hearts continue to fall further down the rabbit hole of blaming other people, clubs and institutions, perhaps the blame needs to lie closer to home.

6 minutes ago, firsttimecaller said:

The absolute ****ing irony of this guy. Come on mods, this is about the most obvious Hibs interloper the forum has ever seen. :rofl:

John Findlay
14 minutes ago, firsttimecaller said:

You're full of excrement.

Gordon Ramsay
14 minutes ago, firsttimecaller said:

Bonnyrigg Rose aye? 🤣 You were doing so well too... 

Maybe you should spend less time on here and more time trying to raise money for HSL, looks like they could do with the cash. 

John Findlay
50 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Clear as mud what Ron Gordons plans are.Laying off people who have dedicated decades of work why signing players is morally wrong,however he sees them as assets.

Everything to RG is an asset,from.the stadium that he has a floating charge on to the training barn to the players.Any staff who have no monetary value are expendable.

Shameless,disgusting organisation.

It's the American way.

firsttimecaller

Apologies if I wasn’t clear enough.

The decision by Hibs to spend money at a time when they are making staff redundant is morally questionable. I stated as much. I’m puzzled as to how this fits in with the strange assumption that I’m either being hypocritical or on the side of Hibs.

1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Bonnyrigg Rose aye? 🤣 You were doing so well too... 

Maybe you should spend less time on here and more time trying to raise money for HSL, looks like they could do with the cash. 

Ooft... probably not the best idea that. HSL cash gets handed directly to Ron Gordon. What they really need to do is set up a new pledge based cash raising vehicle that is completely separate to Hibs, and use the money raised to try and buy the assets back of Gordon when he loses interest.

🐴⬆️

John Findlay
1 minute ago, firsttimecaller said:

The decision by Hibs to spend money at a time when they are making staff redundant is morally questionable. I stated as much. I’m puzzled as to how this fits in with the strange assumption that I’m either being hypocritical or on the side of Hibs.

It is not morally questionable. It is morally wrong. 

William H. Bonney
19 minutes ago, firsttimecaller said:

I agree about the 70 staff. I’ve seen it reported in the media but as far as I’m aware it hasn’t been confirmed or denied by hibs. I suspect it isn’t true. I’ve no doubt hibs have financial concerns but to be honest who doesn’t. 

Just now, firsttimecaller said:

People aren’t ****ing stupid. Your post above is exactly the same line that is being spun by the vermin Twitteratti. It’s word for ****ing word. You are down playing it, and making out it’s understandable and not such a big deal. This on its own would not be such a red flag had you not posted that utter diatribe of a first post, questioning Hearts’ supporters morality over our position on what has been done to us.

You are Hibs. At least be man enough to admit it, instead of being a sneaky wee interloper wearing a shite mask that fool nobody. :rofl:

Gordon Ramsay
8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Ooft... probably not the best idea that. HSL cash gets handed directly to Ron Gordon. What they really need to do is set up a new pledge based cash raising vehicle that is completely separate to Hibs, and use the money raised to try and buy the assets back of Gordon when he loses interest.

🐴⬆️

True 🤣🤣

I'm looking forward to karma biting them hard. Ron isn't into Hibs for his love of the club, he's there to make money one way or another. I look forward to the day they enter admin. 

eyesandears

Hibs last accounts to end of June 2019 show that they had an average of 111 employees. There is not a chance anything like 70 staff over there will lose their jobs. 70 staff may be being consulted though. Hibs will cast the 'job at risk' net as wide across the club as possible to cover themselves from an employment law point of view and I suspect as others have suggested Ron Gordon will be using this as an opportunity to clear out some deadwood or Hibs staff that aren't buying in to his grand plan - you know the one to double turnover and play in Europe every year :laugh: 

I'm sure some will lose their jobs but it will be more like 10 to 20 staff. As for the kit man, he'll still be in work as kit needs cleaned and the players aren't going to do it that's for sure.

I see @firsttimecaller is still trawling an opposition teams forums with his Hibs views and excuses again. The waste of time researching and posting to try and defend the shameless acts of Big Ron when deep down you knew he was only there to try and make money. I still chuckle to myself when all the hobos got excited thinking he was going to come in and invest millions in your tinpot club but all he has done is rip the heart out and put very little in while you raise enough money for a couple of packets of fags a day through HSL to support his money making exercise.

You claim to have moral high ground as a club but you all think its  acceptable to brutally dump long-standing employees, defer wages and demand wage cuts to existing contracts and only pay bonuses for top 4 finishes (never happening) while signing 3 new players. I suppose adult supporters buying child season tickets for themselves doesnt help the budget but its the hibs way.

What a sad little life you must have.

Dirty Deeds
6 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I'm looking forward to karma biting them hard. Ron isn't into Hibs for his love of the club, he's there to make money one way or another. I look forward to the day they enter admin. 

I suspect his love of Scottish football will diminish as Covid-19 rips through his US business concerns.

If the Hibs fans can't see how this ends, then they've not been paying attention to Scottish football in the last decade. 

23 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

I agree about the 70 staff. I’ve seen it reported in the media but as far as I’m aware it hasn’t been confirmed or denied by hibs. I suspect it isn’t true. I’ve no doubt hibs have financial concerns but to be honest who doesn’t. 

Nothing reported because they are all still in their 45 day consultation period. End of the month it should become clearer 

8 minutes ago, jackal said:

I see @firsttimecaller is still trawling an opposition teams forums with his Hibs views and excuses again. The waste of time researching and posting to try and defend the shameless acts of Big Ron when deep down you knew he was only there to try and make money. I still chuckle to myself when all the hobos got excited thinking he was going to come in and invest millions in your tinpot club but all he has done is rip the heart out and put very little in while you raise enough money for a couple of packets of fags a day through HSL to support his money making exercise.

You claim to have moral high ground as a club but you all think its  acceptable to brutally dump long-standing employees, defer wages and demand wage cuts to existing contracts and only pay bonuses for top 4 finishes (never happening) while signing 3 new players. I suppose adult supporters buying child season tickets for themselves doesnt help the budget but its the hibs way.

What a sad little life you must have.

I’ve particularly enjoyed some of the self-proclaimed socialist Hibs supporters online these last few days. The ones on Twitter especially. Years and years of anti-capitalist tweets and retweets... then all of a sudden they are all over this story making excuses about “how American tax systems work”, or “the first team are all that matters” etc. Highly amusing reading. :lol:

12 minutes ago, Dirty Deeds said:

I suspect his love of Scottish football will diminish as Covid-19 rips through his US business concerns.

If the Hibs fans can't see how this ends, then they've not been paying attention to Scottish football in the last decade. 

Of course they can’t, and of course they haven’t. They’ve been too busy creating JKB accounts and commenting on Hearts stories, thinking we are the ones in deep financial shite. Meanwhile, their club is cruising gleefully towards their event horizon. 

They actually deserve what is happening to them.

:fth:

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

When can we expect a statement from Dumpster?

😂😂

She’ll be too busy oiling the guillotine, and checking the hotline to Peru is in working order. 

7 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I’ve particularly enjoyed some of the self-proclaimed socialist Hibs supporters online these last few days. The ones on Twitter especially. Years and years of anti-capitalist tweets and retweets... then all of a sudden they are all over this story making excuses about “how American tax systems work”, or “the first team are all that matters” etc. Highly amusing reading. :lol:

Bit like that Cosgrove the self proclaimed “soul man” of football on sportsound, who’s actually a fat specky hypocritical Hearts hating fud.

Would like to hear his thoughts on Ron’s personnel cleansing at fester.

Just now, sac said:

Bit like that Cosgrove the self proclaimed “soul man” of football on sportsound, who’s actually a fat specky hypocritical Hearts hating fud.

Would like to hear his thoughts on Ron’s personnel cleansing at fester.

He’s a massive hypocrite. A bitter and twisted fraud of a guy, when it comes to football. Recent highlight for me, was him snorting about benefactors not putting money in to football for without expecting something back... THAT from a St Johnstone supporter? A club that bypassed the financial hardships that crippled many other clubs who had to get in to debt building new stadia, because a local farmer handed them the land to build a stadium for nothing. 😄

Hypocritical arsehole of a man. Even before the Anderson comments, he was always quick to sneer at Hearts’ financial problems. Problems that were a result of borrowing to build a stadium to play football out of.

15 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Tbf they have a few specialists over there that know all about banking and frozen shares, liquidation, engineering and building projects. Unfortunately they dont back their club and have now missed out on fan ownership until Ron decides he wont get a 10% increase in turnover never mind 50%. Although if you cut staff wages and sack a few your outgoings go down so the turnover will go up a bit.

6 minutes ago, jackal said:

Tbf they have a few specialists over there that know all about banking and frozen shares, liquidation, engineering and building projects. Unfortunately they dont back their club and have now missed out on fan ownership until Ron decides he wont get a 10% increase in turnover never mind 50%. Although if you cut staff wages and sack a few your outgoings go down so the turnover will go up a bit.

They would have purchased the shares before Ron came in, but the big money fans were all out sailing in a yacht at the time, so they missed the communique. :( 

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

I wonder who “Chopper” Ron has his sights on next?

No one is safe down Fester Road!!

Apparently he forced Lewis Stevenson to sign a new contract. He now has to wear a chimp onesy and fan him with a banana leaf all day. 

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Reference kit man, I Don’t think you can just bin someone.

I used to work for a fairly large company who “moved the goal posts” at the end of one contract to try and look attractive to renew the same contract in a bid to outdo companies who were tendering for the same contract (it worked) so:

1.  A favourite cost cutting measure is to reduce the number of staff you have, this can be done (over time) by stopping recruiting and natural wastage (retirements or people moving on) will bring down the numbers however, this does take time.

2.  Redundancies were offered To thin down man power even more (see one above)

3.  Re-jig job specifications and job titles.  Because you have less people, those people left then need to do more jobs, this is a kind of cloak & dagger way of trying to force redundancies when people are TOLD they will be required to do more, some will say “I’m not doing that” and off they go (see one above) It’s not illegal, companies do it all the time saying things like “we are stream lining/becoming more productive”.  Quite often in the details of your new job spec will say something like “This list is not exclusive and, you may be required to do similar types of work not listed” an HR smart arsed way of adding anything else in they see fit in the future.

Points to note:  A. You cannot make someone redundant then employ someone else in that same job role (hence the job title change)
                             B. You need to have given everyone fair notice (we spent a year moulding this change) and, unions need to be kept in  
                                  the loop.

To sack someone on the spot they must have breached company rules, gross misconduct (not just misconduct), theft, assault, etc...are just two on the spot sackable offences.

So, the kit man cannot just be punted.....there may be an enhanced redundancy package based on how long he has been there.

p.s.  I moved on mainly because all the suits, company car & expenses gang were not effected, just the ones at the bottom.

43 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Hibs last accounts to end of June 2019 show that they had an average of 111 employees. There is not a chance anything like 70 staff over there will lose their jobs. 70 staff may be being consulted though. Hibs will cast the 'job at risk' net as wide across the club as possible to cover themselves from an employment law point of view and I suspect as others have suggested Ron Gordon will be using this as an opportunity to clear out some deadwood or Hibs staff that aren't buying in to his grand plan - you know the one to double turnover and play in Europe every year :laugh: 

I'm sure some will lose their jobs but it will be more like 10 to 20 staff. As for the kit man, he'll still be in work as kit needs cleaned and the players aren't going to do it that's for sure.

As I mentioned earlier.....the con may have a way of doing things in his own patch but, we do have rules to protect people.

5 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

As I mentioned earlier.....the con may have a way of doing things in his own patch but, we do have rules to protect people.

Ever seen the documentary about when Walmart bought over ASDA? There are ways and means. :( 

Unknown user
17 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Ever seen the documentary about when Walmart bought over ASDA? There are ways and means. :( 

Yet Asda and Sainsbury were prevented from merging

1 hour ago, firsttimecaller said:

Hi mate. See when Hibs won the Scottish cup? You all said it was the pinnacle of your lives. Best thing ever and you can all die happy because it won’t be beaten?

Well I saw my team win it THREE times by the time I was 23. 

Totally off-topic but I just like reminding every Hibee of this when I meet one. 

Cheers

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yet Asda and Sainsbury were prevented from merging

It was pretty horrendous what Walmart did to the ASDA staff when they bought them over. Forced to sign new contracts, no union, many other benefits tossed in the bin.

Unknown user
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

It was pretty horrendous what Walmart did to the ASDA staff when they bought them over. Forced to sign new contracts, no union, many other benefits tossed in the bin.

More was done last year, longstanding staff forced to change contracts or be let go, they now get unpaid breaks and essentially have to do any shift dictated if 2 weeks' notice is given.

There was debate outside about whether the change was beneficial but in the store where I worked the mood was clear - facing the sack if you didn't sign said it all.

58 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

She’ll be too busy oiling the guillotine, and checking the hotline to Peru is in working order. 

After Tam has shown her how the washing machine works before he is BRUTALLY AXED!

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

More was done last year, longstanding staff forced to change contracts or be let go, they now get unpaid breaks and essentially have to do any shift dictated if 2 weeks' notice is given.

There was debate outside about whether the change was beneficial but in the store where I worked the mood was clear - facing the sack if you didn't sign said it all.

Sounds strikingly familiar time the documentary I watched a few years ago. Revolting stuff.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Strange tweet I come across from a Motherwell fan,  drinking to Chris Long and demise of Heart of Midlothian FC. 

Yesterday,  timing strange. Weirdo 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Strange tweet I come across from a Motherwell fan,  drinking to Chris Long and demise of Heart of Midlothian FC. 

Yesterday,  timing strange. Weirdo 

You’re going to have to break this one down for me. I’m lost! 😄

Lord Beni of Gorgie
24 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

You’re going to have to break this one down for me. I’m lost! 😄

That's why it was strange. 

Very random,  not a reply or comment on any thread just a  punter drinking to Long signing for Motherwell while thinking about our demise. 

Odd behaviour on what was a non event day.

Working down Fester Road must be awful right now.

Wondering if the axe is coming down on you from above.

A bit like wondering if your big brother is about to knock on your door.

Nookie Bear
3 hours ago, firsttimecaller said:

The loss of youth coaches and the apparent moth balling of their academy should be concerning for their supporters, though part of me assumed that actually a lot of clubs may choose to look at this model, rightly or wrongly.

So, with this in mind, which other SPFL clubs are doing what hibs are doing?

By the way, the answer is “wrongly”, seeing as you yourself were hoping that youth would get a chance in a post-COVID world. 

2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

He’s a massive hypocrite. A bitter and twisted fraud of a guy, when it comes to football. Recent highlight for me, was him snorting about benefactors not putting money in to football for without expecting something back... THAT from a St Johnstone supporter? A club that bypassed the financial hardships that crippled many other clubs who had to get in to debt building new stadia, because a local farmer handed them the land to build a stadium for nothing. 😄

Hypocritical arsehole of a man. Even before the Anderson comments, he was always quick to sneer at Hearts’ financial problems. Problems that were a result of borrowing to build a stadium to play football out of.

I like Northern Soul but had the misfortune to get his Young Soul Rebels book for my birthday a couple of years ago. It was the most boring self indulgent w*ankfest of a book I've ever had the misfortune to half read. That and the fact it is now in the discounted offers section of Fopp sums him up perfectly. 

4 minutes ago, Mister T said:

I like Northern Soul but had the misfortune to get his Young Soul Rebels book for my birthday a couple of years ago. It was the most boring self indulgent w*ankfest of a book I've ever had the misfortune to half read. That and the fact it is now in the discounted offers section of Fopp sums him up perfectly. 

You'll not be finishing it later then? 😁

4 hours ago, firsttimecaller said:

Morally questionable, I’d go for downright disgusting. 

Cruickie's Moustache

The Hibs accounts to end of July 2019 only listed staff numbers of 76 Players and management and 35 Commercial and Administration giving a total of 111.

Our accounts listed players, coaching and football support staff - 122, Commercial and Administration  - 71 giving a total of 193 plus Part Time Hospitality staff - 146.

Not clear where Hibs are accounting for other staff, such as we have done but a cut of 70 from 111 would tend to suggest they would be struggling to  operate.

So the numbers being cut are either lower than reported or, if around 70 it seems they are not identifying some staff in their accounts!!!!

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Some PR from them

Takes a pay cut before even starting to be paid by them. 😅

Hibs fans: This stuff about 70 job losses is just the usual DR/Sun nonsense

Also Hibs fans: This stuff about Hibs beating Hearts to Nesbit's signing is just the usual DR/Sun accurate reporting

Guest ToqueJambo

Amidst all the back-slapping around Hibs and other clubs' signings, our capture of Nelson and Gordon remains probably the best two bits of business any club has done so far.

Only Aberdeen getting Hayes for nothing is up there.