Tick tock

Ronald Villiers

21 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Hopefully the papers will finally talk about the 71 odd people losing their roles at Hibs whilst buying Nesbitt 

What’s the breakdown of this? Is it:

Four coaches

Seven hospitality

Who are the other 59?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• martoon

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

They're quick to point out that we robbed charities etc. during our financial misguidance, yet forget the fans rallied to ensure they got what they were owed in the end.

What the **** are their fans doing for those who've been left unemployed? The irony being many of those made redundant are their own. **** the lot of their ****ing shithouse, tinpot fans. Scum bags.

TyphoonJambo
37 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Four coaches

Seven hospitality

Who are the other 59?

Kit man

Psychedelicropcircle

Boyle will be getting touted now! & the plum who always wanted to be sevco

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Four coaches

Seven hospitality

Who are the other 59?

Believe it’s from FT admin and Academy coaching right down to PT staff such as match day staff.

We were slaughtered for this so why not Hibs????

Media Darlings  

gorgie rd eh11
3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

He's ripping up thing like a focus on youth that have been a part of their identity for a while.

Yeah he's ripping up that myth. They'll still try and claim it though.

WheatfieldWarrior
10 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Now big Ron wants to stop bonuses and appearance money ,but they will be rewarded if they get top four ,this lad Ron is no mug he's cutting this club to the bone but I am a bit puzzled where the nesbit money is coming from, bewildering stuff from the Lego box at the moment

Appearance money? .… they didn't show up at either of our games at Easter Road.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
16 hours ago, Last Laff said:

The playing staff got told if they didn’t accept reduced wages they where at risk of redundancy. 

16 hours ago, John Findlay said:

How many staff have we laid off?

Still waiting on a reply.

Ronald Villiers

The Sun is now reporting that Big Ron wants to stop bonus and appearance money for players.  Meanwhile Hibs are looking to bin up to 70 staff, but can find the money for Nesbit and offering contracts to Wright and Gogic.

Danny Galbraith Daily Record article mentions that the new signings and cash being spent won't sit well with current players.

What a tin pot club they really are.  I bet their players and staff are spewing.  I wouldn't be surprised if the players tell Ron to ram it.  I wonder if that rocket Tam McManus thinks this is ok and has had his say on twitter.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Hibs owner Ron Gordon wants to stop win bonuses and appearance fees as part of an Easter Road cost-cutting measure despite signing Kevin Nisbet, Drey Wright and Alex Gogic on Friday. (Scottish Sun)

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5795695/hibs-gordon-bonuses-appearance-fees-nisbet-wright/

Its all lies according to the doyens of ishagmysistermumandgrannyatthesametime.net

Lots of things happening at clubs that don't make sense.

Dundee United spend £4 million over budget in a season to win promotion but can't afford legal fees.

Then there's Hibs. 

I actually think you have to be able to sign players whatever else is going on. You need to refresh the squad. And Jack Ross as a fairly new manager would have been told he could sign players.

But for all the so called clever pundits it's a massive scandal. I'm not looking too hard but it seems fairly quiet. Media going fairly easy on them. No dramatic language. "Hibs risking player revolt", "paying transfer fee doesn't add up" the strongest. 

Edited by Mikey1874

19 hours ago, MMHearts said:

I thought the Hibs players were told when they deferred their wages there would be no signings until the players were paid back all they were owed.....

It was that they’d not sign anyone until existing players were back up to full wages, Their players go back to full wages at the end of the month, Nisbet etc’s contracts start on something like the 26th.

Sure they have until the end of the year to repay deferred wages, possibly the end of the season if players agree.

That said, it doesn’t help the sacked coaches, the sacked non football staff or the youth players that have been asked to wait it out until at least December and to not sign for anyone else 

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Lots of things happening at clubs that don't make sense.

Dundee United spend £4 million over budget in a season to win promotion but can't afford legal fees.

Then there's Hibs. 

I actually think you have to be able to sign players whatever else is going on. You need to refresh the squad. And Jack Ross as a fairly new manager would have been told he could sign players.

But for all the so called clever pundits it's a massive scandal. I'm not looking too hard but it seems fairly quiet. Media going fairly easy on them. No dramatic language. "Hibs risking player revolt", "paying transfer fee doesn't add up" the strongest. 

The anomaly of this has been called out on Off the Ball today.  General tone is that it's not right to have done this.

Hibs got a mention on offtheball today about spending money on Nisbet.  It wasn't nearly as controversial sounding when they talked about James Anderson donating money.  Albeit cowan objected slightly they didn't lose their shit over it.  No mention of players objecting about it or having sympathy for the staff that got chucked.

For some reason I wasn’t allowed to reply @John Findlay I don’t think we’ve let any staff go, hopefully not anyway.  I don’t see what your point is when I haven’t said otherwise?  We gave players redundancy ultimatums back in April to reduce wages for the good of the club.  I see no issue with that nor offering compensation for a manager or paying big wages to Craig Gordon even if they are still on reduced wages either.  I’m not going to be a hypocrite though. 

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

70 staff is a lot to lose......

And SunSport can also reveal that at the same time as confirmation came through that Dunfermline’s prolific striker Kevin Nisbet is being bought for a six-figure fee there are shock plans to make up to 70 employees redundant throughout the club set-up.

Are they literally getting rid of everyone first team down?  

Nookie Bear

From the Evening News in April:

“It is understood that the deferred wages will be repaid in two instalments, at the end of 2020 and then in June 2021, with the club also assuring the playing squad that no new players will be brought in until every member of staff has been returned to their contracted salary levels.”

Call it what it is: disgusting. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

Nookie Bear

From June 15th:

“But the club now wants to reduce the salaries of Easter Road stars ahead of the season restart in August.

Manager Jack Ross had already warned that any recruitment was on hold until such time as the wage deferral scheme could be sorted”

Filth. 

Trampling over hard working local staff to sign some boy from Dunfermline when they  have the boy Gullan from their academy in the same position.

Community club that does not care about the community. 

Edited by Rods

4 hours ago, tcjambo said:

I wonder if where he'd like to show him now?

Turns out that handshake was a bit like Michael’s kiss and embrace for Fredo.

29 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

From June 15th:

“But the club now wants to reduce the salaries of Easter Road stars ahead of the season restart in August.

Manager Jack Ross had already warned that any recruitment was on hold until such time as the wage deferral scheme could be sorted”

Filth. 

But for the grace of God go I, thank ****, horrible welts. Nothing right about them.

highlandjambo3
32 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

“It is understood that the deferred wages will be repaid in two instalments, at the end of 2020 and then in June 2021, with the club also assuring the playing squad that no new players will be brought in until every member of staff has been returned to their contracted salary levels.”

Ok but, remember we’ve been on the end of a few “it is understood” or, “a source close to the club”:etc.....all cheap reporting when they can’t quote an actual spokes person or someone in authority from the club actually saying this stuff....cheap tacky unsubstantiated news.

Nookie Bear
10 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Ok but, remember we’ve been on the end of a few “it is understood” or, “a source close to the club”:etc.....all cheap reporting when they can’t quote an actual spokes person or someone in authority from the club actually saying this stuff....cheap tacky unsubstantiated news.

Yeah I get that. 

But: are they paying all their players full wages? I believe the answer is‘not. Therefore they should not even be allowed to sign new players until they do. 

heartmussel
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Let's hope there's something in joe_black's latest tweet

🤞😀

Just seen that👀 going concern?

1 minute ago, heartmussel said:

Just seen that👀 going concern?

I doubt there's anything to it really but 🤞

Some very strange business practices going on at Hibs. I don't understand why they would pie off half their staff, wage cuts, mothball their academy etc.... To sign some fat huddy from Dunfermline for 250k. Very strange. Don't get it. 

10 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

🤞😀

Tell us more...

13 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

🤞😀

the guys a racist welt. Pinch of salt with that chap. 

Guest ToqueJambo
36 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

🤣 The Ron Gordon handshake of death. "Clean kit is not the problem. Waiting around for it is."

Hibs players scatter and hide from now on when Ron does his rounds.

Joe Black spraffs utter shite. 

Not sure why people think he actually knows anything about anything.

Neil Dongcaster

Making 70 staff and mothballing their youth academy then signing players for hundreds of thousands. It’s strange and something doesn’t add up.

eyesandears
2 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Joe Black spraffs utter shite. 

Not sure why people think he actually knows anything about anything.

Exactly. File with other fantasists like Phil Macthreenames and John James

6 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

the guys a racist welt. Pinch of salt with that chap. 

Don't really care for the political stuff. 

I just like how he rattles some Celtic fans and keeps harrassing the spfl/sfa accounts about the arbitration stuff. 😀

I'm not even on twitter myself. Hate it.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Making 70 staff and mothballing their youth academy then signing players for hundreds of thousands. It’s strange and something doesn’t add up.

It's the worst possible strategy. Completely short term. All that will happen is Hibs are paying lots of money in the short term for a first team that can't even play in front of fans in a league that will basically be a bit of a lottery behind the top 3 places, but will likely see the very rich clubs stretch away at the top even more.

In a year or so they will then have to find even more more money to rehire staff, restart the academy and catch with other clubs who kept theirs going, and pay for more signings due to the lack of youth coming through. Basically they'll face having to spend huge money just to rebuild what they had previously.

I hate to say it but Motherwell are probably the best run club right now. Bringing through young players and making mostly decent signings and still living sustainably. A good bet for 3rd or 4th next season probably. They are where we were before Neilson left.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Don't really care for the political stuff. 

I just like how he rattles some Celtic fans and keeps harrassing the spfl/sfa accounts about the arbitration stuff. 😀

I'm not even on twitter myself. Hate it.

yeah I left Twitter but used to follow him. 

He does rattle those cages, which is good. 
🤣

But he talks absolute waffle. 

10 minutes ago, martoon said:

Isn't "a going concern" a good thing? Not going bust, perhaps even the opposite. 

👍 think he's meant 'growing concern' there. 🤣

Birregrande
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I NEED to watch this tonight or tomorrow.  Mrs B hates it as it ends up being the whole trilogy! [yet again]

29 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's the worst possible strategy. Completely short term. All that will happen is Hibs are paying lots of money in the short term for a first team that can't even play in front of fans in a league that will basically be a bit of a lottery behind the top 3 places, but will likely see the very rich clubs stretch away at the top even more.

In a year or so they will then have to find even more more money to rehire staff, restart the academy and catch with other clubs who kept theirs going, and pay for more signings due to the lack of youth coming through. Basically they'll face having to spend huge money just to rebuild what they had previously.

I hate to say it but Motherwell are probably the best run club right now. Bringing through young players and making mostly decent signings and still living sustainably. A good bet for 3rd or 4th next season probably. They are where we were before Neilson left.

Likely to be as predictable a league at the top as we have seen in a very long time. OF take the top 2 spots Motherwell/Aberdeen take the next 2.

43 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

🤣 The Ron Gordon handshake of death. "Clean kit is not the problem. Waiting around for it is."

Hibs players scatter and hide from now on when Ron does his rounds.

Lewis Stevenson standing beside a row of wilted pot plants... totally indistinguishable. Same trick he’s pulled for the last 13 years, and **** knows how many managers.

15 minutes ago, Birregrande said:

I NEED to watch this tonight or tomorrow.  Mrs B hates it as it ends up being the whole trilogy! [yet again]

Such good films. 1&2 anyway. I actually don’t hate 3 though, tbh. Then again, I liked Alien 3 as well. I’m maybe not the best critic. 🤔🤣

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hibs class.........😅