Black Lives Matter Protest.

Ainsley Harriott

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Connery was a wife beater, I deliberately didn’t mention him. Corbett perhaps, as someone said it can be worthy folk from anywhere. Muriel Spark yeah, but does her book not mention Dame Lettie COLSTON 😜.

The problem is where does it end ? All human beings have " flaws" . Im not dismissing Connery for his domestic abuse history but i suppose   it's   a balancing act and perhaps your right  regarding him .It's made me think.  

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Justin Z

• Dawnrazor

• Spellczech

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I agree with all of this.

Fell down the stairs in the station a couple of times myself as a youth. All fully deserved. 

On a related note, I watched the police retrieve a schemie who'd abandoned his stolen car out the front and taken refuge in my neighbours back garden late one night. The boy was being a complete arse and resisting arrest. I'm sure the copper could've pulled the dogs off him at least 10 minutes sooner than he did, but they seemed to be enjoying themselves so he let them bash on. The schemie scumbag was howling in that nasal toned manner that is common amongst his ilk. It was most :pleasing:

Found two nine-bars of the most horrific soapbar lying in my garden the following morning. The boy must've chucked them in his panic and the cops were too busy letting the dugs have their fun to come through and check on my side.

A most :pleasingao: episode all round.

what happened to the soap bar?

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

what happened to the soap bar?

Donated to charity.

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Sorry mate but you've jumped from the moral high ground into the sewer of prejudice...

I would've thought his Cézanne-esque tattoos of the Sinn Fein hierarchy would've done that long before he made the post you quoted. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Hold on - I have only scan read those links but the brother is saying it was personal (that doesn't mean racist); The owner's view is hearsay at best; and the other one just says that there were 18 unspecified complaints lodged in his 20 odd-years in the police? Those are not support for him being a racist or even assumed to be a racist...

You've prejudged him.

Prejudice is meant to be what BLM is complaining about...

Sorry mate but you've jumped from the moral high ground into the sewer of prejudice...

Why do you think they won’t divulge what the 18 complaints were for? Here’s some info on the other people of colour he’s shot. Having watched him kill an incapacitated black man with hand cuffs on being restrained by two other guys and a traineee asking them to stop is hardly prejudging someone is it?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/derek-chauvin-flyer-accuracy/

JudyJudyJudy

Unsure what others think about performers apologizing for " blackface" " comedy".  I have always found it offensive and hated " comedy" shows like " Love thy neighbour" which was racist as well as unfunny. " Little Britain " has always been a poor mans " The League of Gentleman" in my book so not bothered about that being banned due to its racist and class stereotypes. I was feeling slightly smug when it got banned.   !  However I'm shocked that my favourite comedy " The League of Gentleman" has now been pulled.  They are comedy geniuses. Im sure the boys are certainly not racists .  They are intelligent writers of sophisticated surreal comedy.  I just wonder where it will end?   Same goes for the legendary film " Gone with the Wind".  It's an incredible work of art, yes there were black stereotypes of maids and servants,  However i always recall when Hattie Mcdaniel was asked about her career which was mainly playing black servants. She said " id rather be paid thousands of dollars playing a fictional servant than be a real one".  She was a lovely woman. Sadly a victim of her time. 

Edited by JamesM48
spelling error

18 hours ago, graygo said:

Wow, those are shocking numbers.

More whites killed by the police than blacks.

But by number of population per million (2015 through to 2020)

Blacks 30

Hispanics 23

White 12

Other 4

Edited by DETTY29

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

The problem is where does it end ? All human beings have " flaws" . Im not dismissing Connery for his domestic abuse history but i suppose   it's   a balancing act and perhaps your right  regarding him .It's made me think.  

The statues don’t need to be replaced, all they do is get in the way when you’re trying to take a photo of the Castle. I’m sure if JK Rowling wasn’t as controversial she might’ve had one. Iain Rankin? Loads of inventors that we’ve barely heard of too. The ladies I put a photo up of to redress that balance.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Unsure what others think about performers apologizing for " blackface" " comedy".  I have always found it offensive and hated " comedy" shows like " Love thy neighbour" which was racist as well as unfunny. " Little Britain " has always been a poor mans " The League of Gentleman" in my book so not bothered about that being banned due to its racist and class stereotypes. I was feeling slightly smug when it got banned.   !  However I'm shocked that my favourite comedy " The League of Gentleman" has now been pulled.  They are comedy geniuses. Im sure the boys are certainly not racists .  They are intelligent writers of sophisticated surreal comedy.  I just wonder where it will end?   Same goes for the legendary film " Gone with the Wind".  It's an incredible work of art, yes there were black stereotypes of maids and servants,  However i always recall when Hattie Mcdaniel was asked about her career which was mainly playing black servants. She said " id rather be paid thousands of dollars playing a fictional servant than be a real one".  She was a lovely woman. Sadly a victim of her time. 

Ant and Dec should be removed though for crimes against entertainment.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Ant and Dec should be removed though for crimes against entertainment.

Complete agreement.  Couple of ******s. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

But by number of population per million (2015 through to 2020)

Blacks 30

Hispanics 23

White 12

Other 4

Thanks for that I couldn’t quite get my head round the numbers, lockdown brain 🙈.

Francis Albert
31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Connery was a wife beater, I deliberately didn’t mention him. Corbett perhaps, as someone said it can be worthy folk from anywhere. Muriel Spark yeah, but does her book not mention Dame Lettie COLSTON 😜.

As was Mandela. Once we have removed every trace of slavery and racism from our streets we will get round to the oppressors of women which will take out most of what's left. 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

The statues don’t need to be replaced, all they do is get in the way when you’re trying to take a photo of the Castle. I’m sure if JK Rowling wasn’t as controversial she might’ve had one. Iain Rankin? Loads of inventors that we’ve barely heard of too. The ladies I put a photo up of to redress that balance.

Wouldn't matter who the statues were of,  some angry woke radical would be outraged and want them thrown in the Forth. 

I'm all for leaving them as ther are but that's the end of it. No more.

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why do you think they won’t divulge what the 18 complaints were for? Here’s some info on the other people of colour he’s shot. Having watched him kill an incapacitated black man with hand cuffs on being restrained by two other guys and a traineee asking them to stop is hardly prejudging someone is it?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/derek-chauvin-flyer-accuracy/

There is no proof of racism in this linked article either. None whatsoever...

As for the Police not talking about the 18 complaints. Whilst the case is sub-judice they cannot go blabbing to the media about what may be aired in court, especially as he was as of the next day, and ex-employee. That is surely legally and morally the correct approach?

Edited by Spellczech

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I would've thought his Cézanne-esque tattoos of the Sinn Fein hierarchy would've done that long before he made the post you quoted. 

I was going to get Bobby Sands on my knob but they could only fit his surname on it 🙈.  Or was that Neil Lennon 😜.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

As was Mandela. Once we have removed every trace of slavery and racism from our streets we will get round to the oppressors of women which will take out most of what's left. 

Fair enough, Mandela was no saint. MLK either to be truthful. Surely only those worthy of having a statue, whiter than white, deserve to be left up?

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Wouldn't matter who the statues were of,  some angry woke radical would be outraged and want them thrown in the Forth. 

I'm all for leaving them as ther are but that's the end of it. No more.

I think the economy could do with the boost of hiring folk to replace all them.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Fair enough, Mandela was no saint. MLK either to be truthful. Surely only those worthy of having a statue, whiter than white, deserve to be left up?

Racist !!!! " whiter than white " lol....yeah like i said no one is a saint so where does it end and begin who is entitled to a statue....why dont they just have statues of fictional characters like that man Jesus Christ or his ilk...

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah **** those poor folk.

Yes.

https://www.thenational.scot/comment/16251684.craig-dalzell-its-a-mistake-not-to-launch-our-own-currency/

Craig has many valuable articles here that explain currency, a central bank etc.

https://thecommongreen.scot/

Great cant wait to hear how many scottish pounds my house will be worth.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Racist !!!! " whiter than white " lol....yeah like i said no one is a saint so where does it end and begin who is entitled to a statue....why dont they just have statues of fictional characters like that man Jesus Christ or his ilk...

I’ve been throwing them in, black listed etc but you’re the first to notice 👍🏽👏🏾. Now you’ve brought religion into and called him fictitious 😆🤣. Get John Knox down too 😜.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The point at which someone tries to apply the same standards to the Mandela statue are where this will all fall down 

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was that deliberate?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Great cant wait to hear how many scottish pounds my house will be worth.

Has I held it’s worth just now? Has the pound? Did hiring Mark Carney, the man who presided over the largest housing boom and bust in history in Canada, help? 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve been throwing them in, black listed etc but you’re the first to notice 👍🏽👏🏾. Now you’ve brought religion into and called him fictitious 😆🤣. Get John Knox down too 😜.

It would be a very black day for some people if John Knox statue was removed.... :) 

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

I'm guessing this is not about George Floyd video? You are just ramping up the rhetoric for effect?

Eh? Read the poster I was replying to's comments. We moved on from just GF to 'less sympathy for police killings who are bad people'.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

It would be a very black day for some people if John Knox statue was removed.... :) 

Leave his house up obviously, it’s actually a good way of using a property to educate folk. Maybe they could do it with The Royal Bank of Scotland in St Andrews Square where Dundas defied planning orders and built his house the opposite way from everyone else and had his garden in front.

doctor jambo

Waiting for every pope statue to be hauled down due to the crusades

every crucifix and church due to the genocides in the Old Testament 

and Manchester City ground turned to dust due to their owners homophobic persecutions and perpetuation of modern slavery and misogyny

18 minutes ago, kila said:

Eh? Read the poster I was replying to's comments. We moved on from just GF to 'less sympathy for police killings who are bad people'.

Apologies - I did read it but didn't contectualise it properly, until I re-read it just now.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

No I know he was killed by a racist cop who restrained someone who wasn’t resisting arrest and was asked by his fellow officers to stop, because he was black. I’m sure a court of law will prove it too.

He wouldn't go into the car after being arrested for trying to pass off fake money. He has a record for armed Invasion, with 5 other men, in where he held a black pregnant woman at gun point. So tell me, did gentle George believe BLM then? Still didn't deserve to be killed by the police 

Edited by ri Alban

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

There is no proof of racism in this linked article either. None whatsoever...

As for the Police not talking about the 18 complaints. Whilst the case is sub-judice they cannot go blabbing to the media about what may be aired in court, especially as he was as of the next day, and ex-employee. That is surely legally and morally the correct approach?

Depends on what you see as racist, you have a different view of that and that’s fine.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He wouldn't go into the car after being arrested for trying to pass off fake money. He has a record for armed Invasion, with 5 other men, in where he held a black pregnant woman at gun point. So tell me, did gentle George believe BLM then? Still didn't deserve to be killed by the police 

When he was on the ground for nearly 9 minutes he wasn’t resisting arrest was he? 

94A0CBF3-DDAF-4C86-A7DC-ACBA2D0C99EE.jpeg

The Scottish National Party will be banned because of their early support for the Nazis, Hitler and Fascism.

27 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

When he was on the ground for nearly 9 minutes he wasn’t resisting arrest was he? 

Some people are defending this killing. They need to hang their heads in shame.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Some people are defending this killing. They need to hang their heads in shame.

Just to be clear are you saying some on this thread are defending the killing?

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Just to be clear are you saying some on this thread are defending the killing?

Just to be clear, what are you trying to suggest?

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Just to be clear, what are you trying to suggest?

It was a simple question seeking to clarify what you meant. I wasn't suggesting anything.. 

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It was a simple question seeking to clarify what you meant. I wasn't suggesting anything.. 

What can be clearer than:

"Some people are defending this killing. They need to hang their heads in shame."

It hardly matters if they are on this thread, wearing a KKK clown fit or goose-stepping round a French village singing Tomorrow belongs to me. 

51 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The police shouldn't have did what they did. But unfortunately as soon as you resist you're onto plums until you're in a cell, even if you give up. I've seen it on action. 

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

What can be clearer than:

"Some people are defending this killing. They need to hang their heads in shame."

It hardly matters if they are on this thread, wearing a KKK clown fit or goose-stepping round a French village singing Tomorrow belongs to me. 

In context I wondered whether you were referring to people posting on this thread. Clearly I will have to go on wondering.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

In context I wondered whether you were referring to people posting on this thread. Clearly I will have to go on wondering.

FFS, Yes, if they're defending the killing I'm referring to them. Is that clearer?

Governor Tarkin
22 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Of course he was suggesting that some on this thread are defending the killing. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Funny In Love Thy Neighbour the white man always ended up looking like a dick.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The point at which someone tries to apply the same standards to the Mandela statue are where this will all fall down 

Doubt it. The issue will be side-stepped and the rage directed elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Waiting for every pope statue to be hauled down due to the crusades

every crucifix and church due to the genocides in the Old Testament 

and Manchester City ground turned to dust due to their owners homophobic persecutions and perpetuation of modern slavery and misogyny

I'd be up for the bit in bold without the crusades tbf. 

Governor Tarkin
16 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Goose-stepping round a Mid-Lothian village singing Tomorrow belongs to me. 

:interehjrling:

Well that's the weekend sorted. Cheers. 👍

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:interehjrling:

Well that's the weekend sorted. Cheers. 👍

Remember to properly social distance when you're doing it.

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Of course he was suggesting that some on this thread are defending the killing. 

Guv, I think you and Franny are getting a bit paranoid, I don't suggest I make statements.

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Remember to properly social distance when you're doing it.

Thanks for the timely reminder, red.

It's always reassuring to know that the good guys are looking out for us. 👍

6 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Guv, I think you and Franny are getting a bit paranoid, I don't suggest I make statements.

Ach we're just being argumentative *******s, SE. I'd blame the lockdown blues but we're probably just argumentative *******s. 👍

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The police shouldn't have did what they did. But unfortunately as soon as you resist you're onto plums until you're in a cell, even if you give up. I've seen it on action. 

As we all have, doesn’t make it right or justified does it? Once again he was on the ground, with handcuffs on with three cops on him for 9 minutes, what were they waiting on? Certain police forces are now banned from using these techniques to restrain folk. I would imagine whoever allowed this guy to still be a cop will be sued as well.