Black Lives Matter Protest.

Ainsley Harriott

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely. It’s only been a thing for about 15 years though as their government gave them tax breaks to play the anthem before games. I think that’s one reason Trump was annoyed. The billionaire owners didn’t like him telling them what to do as most of them supported him and put him in the White House. 

That they did

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Justin Z

• Dawnrazor

• The Real Maroonblood

MR INCREDIBLE
20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Left wing media? The mirror? Can you name any others? A bit of detail about the 21 deaths would help too.

Can't be arsed getting the details of the 21 innocent Americans but I know the details of George Floyd who was criminal junkie and he won't be missed by the woman that was pregnant when he held a gun at her stomach.... 

Now away you go and make some cardboard signs. 

The Mighty Thor
25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I gave a few instances of people more worthy of a statue, it seems to me fair enough to change them if necessary. There are no statues of Hitler yet we know all about him. Stalin is seen as just as bad and has monuments in 16 countries. Churchill has monuments in 18 countries and is seen as a murderer. Saville had a wooden statue in a swimming pool taken down. I don’t see the problem with updating these statues.

Im reading and watching all this with real interest.

Who becomes the arbiter of which figure can be put on a statue and what criteria is stipulated?

I'd imagine regardless of who you pick, someone, somewhere will have an issue with them and then round and round we go.  

2 hours ago, graygo said:

Also just heard a guy speaking about the murder of George Floyd by the police and that it's a daily occurrence in the USA, is it?

An approximate thrice daily occurrence in the USA in 2019.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Can't be arsed getting the details of the 21 innocent Americans but I know the details of George Floyd who was criminal junkie and he won't be missed by the woman that was pregnant when he held a gun at her stomach.... 

Now away you go and make some cardboard signs. 

You forgot to answer whether you thought he should die, or did you. 
Don’t ever tell me what to do.

6 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

So you're fine with extrajudicial summary execution. Cool.

You've also not indicated how many of these deaths have occurred as a result of police or military action, and how many victims were themselves protesters. But it's nice of you to break from your treatment of Floyd, who was innocent of capital crimes, and quite possibly of any crime at the moment he was murdered, to preemptively call these people innocent since that fits your narrative, so well done. :thumbsup:

MR INCREDIBLE
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You forgot to answer whether you thought he should die, or did you. 
Don’t ever tell me what to do.

For the record I think it was shocking the way he died and the cops involved should get what's coming to them but I think it has been blown it of all proportion as the figures for these kind of incidents were starting to improve year on year and the riots etc. are only going to put any progress that has been made back about 20 years. 

I apologise for my other comment. 

luckyBatistuta
17 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I’ll add my tuppence worth. Garopola is a much better QB than Kappernick. I struggle to see what Kapernick did or does better than Garopola, other than extend plays. Shite analogy but, its a hearts forum,  reminds me a bit of Calum Elliot burst on scene with huge potential but then quickly realised a bit gash.

Kapernick is nowhere near good enough to be a NFL starter. Probably good enough to be a possible backup somewhere. However, for the money I would imagine there are cheaper options with much better upside.

I’m with @luckyBatistuta on his skills set and issues he brings. Thats not a race issue thats just a consequence of certain decisions made. I wouldn’t want Hearts signing a player because of they had made an admirable stance on something. The margins in top sports are so minor that people maximise their chances of success by limiting distractions. Kappernick nowhere near talented enough to overcome the distraction he brings,

The rights and wrong of the distraction do not matter. I struggle to see what he brings from a sporting perspective to many NFL teams. 

I say this as a Raiders fan and we’re gash. No way he make the Raiders team. Carr and Marriotta are far better QB’s. 

You were doing so well until you said Mariota😁

20 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

An approximate thrice daily occurrence in the USA in 2019.

Hope you've caught up on the thread now. 👍

Just now, graygo said:

Hope you've caught up on the thread now. 👍

I did yeah, cheers and sorry for repeating.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Im reading and watching all this with real interest.

Who becomes the arbiter of which figure can be put on a statue and what criteria is stipulated?

I'd imagine regardless of who you pick, someone, somewhere will have an issue with them and then round and round we go.  

Not slave trading Tories to start with. Would anyone moan about Elsie Inglis? 

MR INCREDIBLE
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Aah the big bad Tories.. That's what it's all about. 

Take it you would accept a statue of Corbyn an IRA arselicker. 

The Mighty Thor
17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I'm sure someone would, probably for reasons alien to you or me. 

Like I said earlier, I'm interested to see where this all goes, particularly once the news cycle has moved on. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Can’t stand the useless old *****.

Stuff like this. 

694F2B99-A9A5-4CE6-9E0B-7EFC45B35000.jpeg

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Stuff like this. 

Love it. :D

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Like I said earlier, I'm interested to see where this all goes, particularly once the news cycle has moved on. 

Me too. Let’s see who’s still standing as it were.

81FA76C6-6991-4D7E-B904-B6F159E92A3C.jpeg

Governor Tarkin
32 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I did yeah, cheers and sorry for repeating.

Ohai JZ 👍

Governor Tarkin
17 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

PfK has a tattoo of Adams on one arse cheek and McGuinness on the other.

Don't ask me how I know.

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Barack said:

Thanks for that, it sheds a bit of light on the deaths and maybe not how the person who mentioned it would prefer, and probably the reason he didn’t share the link. It’s good that the guy who killed the 77 yo ex policeman was caught though.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/08/us/st-louis-man-arrested-shooting-retired-police-officer-david-dorn/index.html

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

PfK has a tattoo of Adams on one arse cheek and McGuinness on the other.

Don't ask me how I know.

You said you would never reveal that 🙈

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

You said you would never reveal that 🙈

Aye I know, but I've kept the best stuff secret. :thumbsup:

The Mighty Thor
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Me too. Let’s see who’s still standing as it were.

81FA76C6-6991-4D7E-B904-B6F159E92A3C.jpeg

Ironic that the milk snatcher wears a life preserver given that she MURDERED 323 Argentinean sailors on the ARA Belgrano.

Thats how this works, right? 😉

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Justin Z said:

Heya Gov. Nice to see ya.

You too, buddy. 👍

Now don't go upsetin' folks and gettin' yoursel a rap on the knuckles from the kickback plod.

:rofl:

luckyBatistuta
22 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Hoping I never see him on the field. Brought in to make Carr believe there may be competition. 

Carr, despite the criticism is a decent to good/very good QB, he been with the Raiders so that ain’t easy😩

The O’line remains, and its good, weapons are added with Henry Ruggs III and possibly Bowden (though think he might have just been arrested on gun charges😬), together with the Renfrew in the slot and Waller underneath, add int he threat of Jacobs in the backfield and Grudens 2-y-Banana.😂 I feel rather optimistic that Carr will excel this season.

I predict Pro Bowl and MVP candidate campaign for Carr this year. Raiders commit to Carr and cut Mariota in favour of Kappernick. It’s what Al would have wanted 😢

Carr definitely running out of time. Mariota has been garbage, but even if some think Kap is better than him, it’s close. When Kap broke through, he was just incredible, but they worked out how to play him. Then we found out he wasn’t actually as good as we all first believed. 
I’m not sure I’m buying your prediction, sorry, but we are talking about the Raiders.

Part of me actually wants a team to take Kap on and shut all these folk who think he’s a superstar up. He’d be gone again in no time at all. 

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You too, buddy. 👍

Now don't go upsetin' folks and gettin' yoursel a rap on the knuckles from the kickback plod.

:rofl:

This thread is too remote to make an effective demonstration, but don't worry. We will deal with the fash soon enough.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Barack said:

There's at least 9 of those deaths that I've looked at a bit more, that are dubious enough to link directly to the protests/ protesters and any aggravation on their parts.

A girl dying from asthmatic complications through tear gas inhalation, for one.

Not getting into the semantics of it all, but context is definitely required.

Absolutely. I’m surprised the first one hasn’t had more coverage as the first black guy shot by a white cop after George Floyd.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

This thread is too remote to make an effective demonstration, but don't worry. We will deal with the fash soon enough.

itk757zsdk141.png

hydHJ.jpg

images (2).jpeg

DestructionOfAlderaan-ANH.png

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Ironic that the milk snatcher wears a life preserver given that she MURDERED 323 Argentinean sailors on the ARA Belgrano.

No it’s in case they throw it in the water  like the Edward Colston 👍🏽

luckyBatistuta
33 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Stuff like this. 

Now that’s a statue😍

19 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Started reading that and could feel my blood pressure rising fast. Wish I had read the whole thing quicker, so I could realise:lol:

And that’s from someone who definitely does not like Margaret Thatcher

luckyBatistuta
7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Its hard to convey sarcasm in text. Raiders will be the Raiders 😔

One day pal😁

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Just all gets lost atm. Luckily, Twitter is doing a good job of highlighting things that would ordinarily fall through the cracks.

Definitely, hopefully some sort of change for the better can come if all this 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Probably more than a dozen but yes most folk don’t know or care, so why the big deal about replacing it with someone more deserving.

For generations Edinburgh has been defined by and  been familiar to its citizens through place names like Dundas Street Princes Street George Street Hanover Street Frederick Street Charlotte Square and so on and on. Hundreds of thousands of people have lived in worked in shopped in drank in and walked in these streets and they are and were part of their lives with few of them thinking of them as other than names in their city. Why should their heritage and history be stripped away? It is quite insane.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

For the record I think it was shocking the way he died and the cops involved should get what's coming to them but I think it has been blown it of all proportion as the figures for these kind of incidents were starting to improve year on year and the riots etc. are only going to put any progress that has been made back about 20 years. 

I apologise for my other comment. 

We can only hope it this whole shot show can affect change, easy for me to say though.

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Never knew she was a slave owner. Thanks for enlightening us.

Never new that either but I suppose being great friends with Saville justifies her statue coming down.

16 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Surely Denis couldn't have willingly stayed with her. ;)

Edited by redjambo

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

I’ll add my tuppence worth. Garopola is a much better QB than Kappernick. I struggle to see what Kapernick did or does better than Garopola, other than extend plays. Shite analogy but, its a hearts forum,  reminds me a bit of Calum Elliot burst on scene with huge potential but then quickly realised a bit gash.

Kapernick is nowhere near good enough to be a NFL starter. Probably good enough to be a possible backup somewhere. However, for the money I would imagine there are cheaper options with much better upside.

I’m with @luckyBatistuta on his skills set and issues he brings. Thats not a race issue thats just a consequence of certain decisions made. I wouldn’t want Hearts signing a player because of they had made an admirable stance on something. The margins in top sports are so minor that people maximise their chances of success by limiting distractions. Kappernick nowhere near talented enough to overcome the distraction he brings,

The rights and wrong of the distraction do not matter. I struggle to see what he brings from a sporting perspective to many NFL teams. 

I say this as a Raiders fan and we’re gash. No way he make the Raiders team. Carr and Marriotta are far better QB’s. 

I wasn’t as big a fan after the Super Bowl  loss, good comparison with Clum as he didn’t progress and this whole situation blew up in his face career wise anyway. I think he came off money so it was obviously easier to do this and of course his big Nike deal. I said earlier that he’s good enough to be on a bench somewhere.

I kind of stopped watching the NFL as much since then though. I just Garappolo now a good player but obviously no Montana or Young. 
I can barely keep up with where the Raiders play these days never mind their players. 

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Carr definitely running out of time. Mariota has been garbage, but even if some think Kap is better than him, it’s close. When Kap broke through, he was just incredible, but they worked out how to play him. Then we found out he wasn’t actually as good as we all first believed. 
I’m not sure I’m buying your prediction, sorry, but we are talking about the Raiders.

Part of me actually wants a team to take Kap on and shut all these folk who think he’s a superstar up. He’d be gone again in no time at all. 

Probably 🙈

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

So you're fine with extrajudicial summary execution. Cool.

You've also not indicated how many of these deaths have occurred as a result of police or military action, and how many victims were themselves protesters. But it's nice of you to break from your treatment of Floyd, who was innocent of capital crimes, and quite possibly of any crime at the moment he was murdered, to preemptively call these people innocent since that fits your narrative, so well done. :thumbsup:

How can you write this? It certainly wasn't that! He's be on a first degree murder charge rather than second degree if it had been...

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

For generations Edinburgh has been defined by and  been familiar to its citizens through place names like Dundas Street Princes Street George Street Hanover Street Frederick Street Charlotte Square and so on and on. Hundreds of thousands of people have lived in worked in shopped in drank in and walked in these streets and they are and were part of their lives with few of them thinking of them as other than names in their city. Why should their heritage and history be stripped away? It is quite insane.

Do you know how they got the names? James Craig the architect of the new town went to London and met with George III who signed off on the street names, who knows what they could’ve been called.  I still believe that Abu statue that represents what this does and any other should come down. I don’t think these streets will ever change even after becoming an independent republic 😜

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Nah she was just a horrible ***** that hated the working class and widened the gap between the rich and poor that had reduced every decade of the 20th century’s. There’s a reason that statue is where it is. 

8 minutes ago, weehammy said:

The SNP don’t want a republic. They pledged to retain the Queen as head of state in the referendum. That, and their policy of retaining the pound ( regulated by a central bank in what would be a foreign country) were two among several reasons why some of us voted NO.

Out of curiosity, why would you not want to put additional political change such as removing the Queen to further democratic process post-independence? Same with the currency actually to a lesser extent, but certainly short-term the same thinking applies. Rocking the boat in as few needless ways as possible whilst trying to affect such a massive change as independence seems pretty sensible to me. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Justin Z

11 minutes ago, weehammy said:

The SNP don’t want a republic. They pledged to retain the Queen as head of state in the referendum. That, and their policy of retaining the pound ( regulated by a central bank in what would be a foreign country) were two among several reasons why some of us voted NO.

I have a bigger problem with the anachronistic class system that is perpetuated by retaining a monarch and those who hang on her coat tails, than I do with any statue put up a few hundred years ago to a guy who made his fortune in a dodgy manner...I think Elizabeth is excellent at her job but that the role is no longer relevant in 21st century, and she should be the last monarch.

We don't actually see the worst of the class system up here but anyone who has ever worked in London will have...

Edited by Spellczech