• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Justin Z

• Dawnrazor

• Spellczech

Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

Agree with all of that except the bit in bold. He certainly didn't appear to be reformed and he was no petty criminal. He was a violent thug.

Yeah I was wrong to say he was a petty criminal, as armed robbery is not petty. I read that he moved from Houston(?) to Denver after serving time in order to try for a fresh start. Not sure if working as a nightclub bouncer is the best way to avoid trouble, but it is a job...Is that inaccurate?

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

So can you tell us how those 18 complaints make him a racist please

You know...Evidence to back this up please. 

Eh? One report says the guy tried to take the officers gun. Another says the guy had a shotgun.

Where will it all stop🤷🏼‍♂️

You don’t really have any proof, other than one person claiming he had a different attitude on certain club nights. Other people claiming he had anger issues, maybe that was his main problem why he killed him. YIt seems you’ve just decided that because he’s white and murdered a black man, he must be racist.

Yeah and that’s my decision to make, it’s my opinion of which we are all allowed one, even if you’re wrong.

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

I expect some Blackadder will go soon too. :( 

And near enough every episode of Dad's Army.

Lance Corporal Jones says on many occasions "They don't like it up them", in reference to the Fuzzy Wuzzies.

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

it would be laughable, but it's actually quite scary that people cannot see when they are being played, manipulated, conned...

It's the overriding need to be offended and outraged at something and more, to be even more offended and outraged than someone else that guides some, if there's a bandwagon to jumo on that'll show thier virtue signals to the full, they'll be on it.

Captain Sausage

What are people’s thoughts on reparations to African Americans for the enslavement of their ancestors?

I’ve seen an increase in vocalisation of this topic on twitter in the last couple of days. 

1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

It's the overriding need to be offended and outraged at something and more, to be even more offended and outraged than someone else that guides some, if there's a bandwagon to jumo on that'll show thier virtue signals to the full, they'll be on it.

Yep as someone of no political affiliation or persuasion, I sort of sit in this bubble seeing all the exagerated BS from both sides of the political spectrum. Constantly wading through fake information nowadays...I tend to just go with my gut instinct on issues.

I think that puts me in the "centre" so everybody is meant to be after my swing vote but I seldom find anyone who is deserving of it...

Well this thread has descended into farce.

Closet racists trying to twist and bend logic to support their view that systemic institutionalised racism doesn't exist and that the black community is just looking for handouts.

Or that it doesn't matter that a policeman knelt on George Floyd's throat for 9 minutes whilst he pleaded for his life because he had a criminal record.

Some disgusting attitudes on show.

6 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

What are people’s thoughts on reparations to African Americans for the enslavement of their ancestors?

I’ve seen an increase in vocalisation of this topic on twitter in the last couple of days. 

Anyone who has suffered as a slave since it was made illegal deserves reparations. But you cannot give it for dead ancestors or the Italians will owe the French a fortune for all the slaves Caesar took in the Gaul campaigns...

Edited by Spellczech

Captain Sausage
1 minute ago, Cade said:

Closet racists trying to twist and bend logic to support their view that systemic institutionalised racism doesn't exist and that the black community is just looking for handouts.

Or that it doesn't matter that a policeman knelt on George Floyd's throat for 9 minutes whilst he pleaded for his life because he had a criminal record.

Can you quote the referenced posts for context please? I must admit I must have missed move if these posts...

1 minute ago, Captain Sausage said:

Can you quote the referenced posts for context please? I must admit I must have missed move if these posts...

You and me both.

Jambo-Jimbo
12 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The whole thing is becoming a farce.

That's what often happens in these cases, that's why myself and others asked "Where does this all end", it tends to gets out of hand and starts to become ridiculous because the original cause & message gets highjacked with anybody who has any grievence against....well.....anything that they don't like and folks get caught up in the moment and jump on the bandwagon and think they're doing good.

3 minutes ago, Cade said:

LOL you having a Whoosh moment? Systemic institutionalised racism is a conglomerate of big words that should mean something but it is illegal in this country so there is already recourse within the courts. Where it exists then all people need to do is highlight it. This is where we fall down - there is so much fake news and exageration out there that the real injustices can get buried. Companies do some shocking things - look at the Post Office under Paula Vennells and the sub-postmasters scandal...

There are plenty of occasions where I have not "had a fair go" - one example was an interview at HBOS where the Recruitment company told me they were expressly looking for fresh blood after 2008. I pitched myself that way. When I heard back the job had been given internally as apparently a more senior manager decided that is what should happen. You just shake your head and strike that company off the list of ones you are willing to work for...and if you are a little vindictive you tell the story later.

When I've been recruiting I have a policy of binning every CV that contains misspelling or gramatical errors as it shows a lack of care and effort. I don't apply the same rigour to covering letters - Even someone with English as a second language should be able to get someone to proof read a CV for them before submitting it. There are people who would regard that as discriminatory though. I expect you do?

The World is full of injustice. We all just have to choose our battles and look after ourselves. Take patronage where you can find it. People doing you a favour may be doing it at my expense...That is injustice too.

The Real Maroonblood
28 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Don't hold your breath on that post.

What exactly do they want? What was different about this country the day before George Floyd was killed in Minneapolis to now? Why don't they just STFU and let this country get over Covid19. Nobody was dragged here that I recall. If it's not the country they want, leave and we'll get in more hard working Eastern European people.

OmiyaHearts

Shows how thick many of the people are on this 'movement'. Would he a shame if this resulted in some BLM protestors getting a doing....

King Billy Statue in Cathedral Square Glasgow is under Police guard as well as it has been vandalised. 

See what happens.... One arsehole pulls down a statue of something they don't like, next its open day to start defacing, vandalising and destroying stuff you don't like. 

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

That’s brutal man. Hope this lockdown is over soon and your old man and your mum can see their new grandkid👍🏼

Thanks mate 👍

14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Robert the bruce statue at bannockburn has been vandalised. 'racist King' :vrface:

I hate people. 

We are going to end up like Maoist China with nothing left of our culture. Then later we'll need to fake it all to get the tourists back...

Jambo-Jimbo

BLM and everybody who defended the pulling down of the statue in Bristol, well you own this now, yous started it all, and now it's a runaway train that you can't control.

Defend this then, go on defend the defacing of this.

image.jpeg.7da363e803df00c402008f84f7679c82.jpeg

image.jpeg.72c62ad4562d95a0c9e100c3f2c85c2e.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

We are going to end up like Maoist China with nothing left of our culture. Then later we'll need to fake it all to get the tourists back...

"They started work this morning down at city square
They're pulling down the statues of our great grandfather's hero
The new books said he wasn't such a great man after all
And anyway remember that the times they are a-changing
 Pull it down, drag it down
Till there's nothing to look up to

But the brand names on the posters all around"
Justin Sullivan 1984.........the date is a bit ironic too.
Edited by Dawnrazor

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

a5b3afc77fe7318da5d2f09e57f594c0.jpg

Grandson of a slave owner and son of an opium dealer. :whistling:

If we set ourselves on a course of banning or tearing down everything considered illegal or immoral, but lawful at the time - there won't be much of this county left . 

Just now, felix said:

If we set ourselves on a course of banning or tearing down everything considered illegal or immoral, but lawful at the time - there won't be much of this county left . 

👍

colinmaroon

I demand the removal of the monument to the arch-imperialist Edward I in Carlisle.

He was not only responsible directly in the deaths of thousands in France  Wales and Scotland  but ultimately his imperialism led to the likes of Bannockburn.

Of course, his worst atrocity was the slaughter of the inhabitants, men, women and children, of Berwick upon Tweed.

4 minutes ago, felix said:

We'll need to proscribe his books then...sins of the father and the grandfather etc

If those warnings are gone, we can then start looking at the lack of ethnic diversity in Oor Wullie annuals...

I am of course being silly and exagerating like I criticise others for doing above (but it's just a joke)

Edited by Spellczech

3 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I demand the removal of the monument to the arch-imperialist Edward I in Carlisle.

He was not only responsible directly in the deaths of thousands in France  Wales and Scotland  but ultimately his imperialism led to the likes of Bannockburn.

Of course, his worst atrocity was the slaughter of the inhabitants, men, women and children, of Berwick upon Tweed.

Reparations for the people of Berwick? 

jack D and coke
40 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Robert the bruce statue at bannockburn has been vandalised. 'racist King' :vrface:

Racist king??? What sort of half wits are we dealing with here😕

Lone Striker
4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Fawlty Towers 'don't mention the war' episode has been removed from the archives :vrface:

Looney left feckwits 

Seems like there's now a stampede by officialdom & celebs  to avoid being connected in any way with anything which BLM sympathisers might target next. 

Fawlty Towers is a good example - the whole point of comedy is for us (the viewers) to laugh AT Basil's outdated narrow-minded bigotted view of things and his treatment of a Spaniard (Manuel)  ..... yet the BBC now feel embarrassed that we might actually have been laughing WITH him because we agree with these views.      Really ?   Same with Till Death Us Do Part - surely the vast majority were laughing AT Alf for being a  working-class racist Tory voter?

I see  that numpty Keith Lemon (Leigh Francis)  has asked ITV to take down some of his shows - presumably for playing some black character - although  he's so un-funny, it would be better if ITV just ditched him altogether.   Ant & Dec doing something similar too.

Seems the world is rapidly going mad in the midst of this stuff.

Wonder when they'll start demonising  Sacha Baron Cohen for playing Ali G.    

h  

Governor Tarkin
Just now, jack D and coke said:

I'm hearing that big Wullie Wallace wasnae too keen on those coloured folks either.

colinmaroon

Also  how many protestors are wearing or have electronic media etc., manufactured in slave labour sweatshops?

Dont get me wrong, I am all for black lives matter  or yellow lives, or white poverty stricken lives but, as usual, the whole thing is being hijacked and is causing resentment even with those who support the movement.

And, not surprisingly, I would add, whatever their colour or ethnic background, there are more black, brown and yellow Christians imprisoned, tortured and killed in the last week than any other group.  Yet, all the disrespectful, insulting stuff that's flung at us is okay, including on JKB and by the likes of Hollywood  new film with Christ as transgender "woman"?  

Edited by colinmaroon

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah and that’s my decision to make, it’s my opinion of which we are all allowed one, even if you’re wrong.

It is, you are and same as all your other posts...you have no proof 🙄

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I have a feeling the blame for this one will go to an agent provocateur... if the Nat nuts get ahold of whoever did this...

Edited by Spellczech

Francis Albert
13 minutes ago, felix said:

I think the great majority of the population are probably guilty  of having racist ancestors

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

Also  how many protestors are wearing or have electronic media etc., manufactured in slave labour sweatshops?

Dont get me wrong, I am all for black lives matter  or yellow lives, or white poverty stricken lives but, as usual, the whole thing is being hijacked and is causing resentment even with those who support the movement.

And, not surprisingly, I would add, whatever their colour or ethnic background, there are more black, brown and yellow Christians imprisoned, tortured and killed in the last week than any other group.  Yet, all the disrespectful, insulting stuff that's flung at us is okay, including on JKB?  

To be fair, in all the paintings I've seen God is an old white fella, so is by default - and at an absolute minimum -an unwittingly racist pig with no idea of the lived realities of BAME folks.

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I think the great majority of the population are probably guilty  of having racist ancestors

When my granny got Alzheimers she became a racist for the last few months of her life. It was very odd. Does that count?

Edited by Spellczech

colinmaroon
4 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Seems like there's now a stampede by officialdom & celebs  to avoid being connected in any way with anything which BLM sympathisers might target next. 

Fawlty Towers is a good example - the whole point of comedy is for us (the viewers) to laugh AT Basil's outdated narrow-minded bigotted view of things and his treatment of a Spaniard (Manuel)  ..... yet the BBC now feel embarrassed that we might actually have been laughing WITH him because we agree with these views.      Really ?   Same with Till Death Us Do Part - surely the vast majority were laughing AT Alf for being a  working-class racist Tory voter?

I see  that numpty Keith Lemon (Leigh Francis)  has asked ITV to take down some of his shows - presumably for playing some black character - although  he's so un-funny, it would be better if ITV just ditched him altogether.   Ant & Dec doing something similar too.

Seems the world is rapidly going mad in the midst of this stuff.

Wonder when they'll start demonising  Sacha Baron Cohen for playing Ali G.    

h  

The BBC lost the plot years ago and now are run by a completely disproportionate, to the population in general, bunch of pseudo-Bolshies.

Satire has obviously been removed from their dictionary,  wait a minute, unless, it fits their social engineering profile

Lone Striker
16 minutes ago, felix said:

Indeed. The pertinent point is why should any person be held responsible for the  objectionable behaviour of their grandfather or even father.   This whole moral crusade is now engulfing historical figures who did remarkable things, but who may also have been sympathetic to the Nazis.   

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Or, having worked, been born, brought up in or made wealthy in towns and cities built by mills or wealth from slave owners or the proceeds or labour of slavery. 🙄 

Can't change history. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

Can't change history. 

Some are trying bloody hard just now.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It is, you are and same as all your other posts...you have no proof 🙄

It’s up to you whether you want to believe he wasn’t a racist, I’ve given you that I believe in. If you don’t like my posts pop me on ignore and then neither of us will see each other’s posts from now on 👍🏽👏🏾👋🏿,

colinmaroon
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

To be fair, in all the paintings I've seen God is an old white fella, so is by default - and at an absolute minimum -an unwittingly racist pig with no idea of the lived realities of BAME folks.

God is Spirit and therefore cannot be seen.  Jesus was a Jew.  Art often is the just the medium for current cultural concepts than reality.

It's not for nothing that the Ten Commandments major on the proscription of any images of God.

8 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I think the great majority of the population are probably descendants of racist ancestors

FTFY!

Guilty?....noooo!

Ron Burgundy
5 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Indeed. The pertinent point is why should any person be held responsible for the  objectionable behaviour of their grandfather or even father.   This whole moral crusade is now engulfing historical figures who did remarkable things, but who may also have been sympathetic to the Nazis.   

The SNP should be ashamed if that's the case.

Wonder if the will distance themselves from their Pro Nazi supporting past?

2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Fascists invented autostradas, and the Romans (slave owners) invented loads of things including paved roads. There goes the Old Town, the New Town and the M8...We're going to be back to living in caves at this rate! Am a bit scared of looking into the ancestry of Robert MacAdam...as the dirt track will be all that is left if I do...