Riots in Minneapolis

annushorribilis III

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, Cade said:

Yes there is.

The 1st Amendment allows the people to gather together to protest the President.

None of them were encroaching onto White House land, but were on public land.

Barr ordered that the cordon be extended by one block, police didn't do it so he went down in person and ordered them to attack the protesters, with no warning.

Just so the orange baby could have a photo op holding a bible.

Not for any security or law enforcement reason.

For a political one.

They might not have been, when I was in DC I was told about 75% of land is federal, the rest is the city's. It's part of the reason no-one really smokes weed, in DC, as people don't know where the cut off points are.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Justin Z

• Sharpie

• The Internet

• alwaysthereinspirit

1 minute ago, ArcticJambo said:

Of course it's not 'fake' but like so many powerful photos of the past it has been cleverly shot and then utilised for a purpose.  The majority of folks will simply take it at face value.  For some (who disseminate, etc.) that is the game.

I do see what you're saying. But why aren't we all just analysing a little bit and asking--whether the gun is being pointed directly at a child or not (never the point for me at least)--why police are reacting this way to demonstrations with toddlers in them? Probably, with lots of children? Same as the ones in the pictures above, which they did permit to occur and went out of their way to let happen? Why do they think it is okay to escalate like this? What is below the surface here?

In fact, if we're going to give anyone the least benefit of the doubt, then the presence of small children like this ought to disspell this mythology that these demonstrations are necessarily violent in nature. If the next question is "well he should have known better", then again, I'd ask why all of the other parents up there in those photos didn't have to make the same calculation, and whether we really ought to be blaming this dad.

2 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

They might not have been, when I was in DC I was told about 75% of land is federal, the rest is the city's. It's part of the reason no-one really smokes weed, in DC, as people don't know where the cut off points are.

Federal land is still public though. Also, sounds like you've been told a bit of stoner reasoning if I've ever heard it :lol: Federal law applies everywhere--which type of land you're on at the minute doesn't matter. This is why marijuana legalisation in the States is a bit of a farce right now. You may be in a state where it's completely legal like Colorado but there is absolutely nothing stopping the FBI or some other federal agency coming in and having a field day with people and charging them with federal crimes. It's still illegal under federal law regardless, and federal law takes primacy over state.

Edited by Justin Z

Space Mackerel

It all seems a bit strange when the very very First Amendment is kicked into long grass by the orange facist wankpuffin.

0CA7DEF5-4484-47BF-A288-2E93FCD482AD.jpeg

Unknown user
7 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

A few months before the us election, what a coincidence, who'd have thunk of it?

How long before anonymous are doing their invisible masters' bidding again, tripping up trump's opponents? They were all over the alt right Hillary conspiracies lest we forget.

My guess is they'll be herded into attacking the legitimacy of the vote, giving him an excuse to stay in. How do you see it panning out?

Edited by Smithee

ArcticJambo

Who the af takes their kids to demonstrations!  Especially these (or the Michigan white folks ones), and on day six or seven is it with all the shite that has already gone down.  Chronic parenting!

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
Just now, Justin Z said:

Federal land is still public though. Also, sounds like you've been told a bit of stoner reasoning if I've ever heard it :lol: Federal law applies everywhere--which type of land you're on at the minute doesn't matter. This is why marijuana legalisation in the States is a bit of a farce right now. You may be in a state where it's completely legal like Colorado but there is absolutely nothing stopping the FBI or some other federal agency coming in and having a field day with people and charging them with federal crimes. It's still illegal under federal law regardless, and federal law takes primacy over state.

:lol: You're probably right, I was getting it explained in a dive bar by the bar maid. She lived in Baltimore and ha started making weed lollipops. I probably picked her up wrong, but she said it was legal in certain areas, but not on government land.

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Who the af takes their kids to demonstrations!  Especially these (or the Michigan white folks ones), and on day six or seven is it with all the shite that has already gone down.  Chronic parenting!

They’ve been battering and arresting news crews the whole time so why stop there.

ArcticJambo

Suspect they were being dicks too, getting on the way thinking they've got some special pass. 

"Press!" "Press!" "Press!"  :lol:

ArcticJambo

Anyway, can't be arsed with it frankly - it's pretty ****ed up to say the least.  Night all.  Stay safe.

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Hoping for the big payout probably, keep the camera rolling please... KERCHING

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Hoping for the big payout probably, keep the camera rolling please... KERCHING

:lol: How easy it is to impart the absolute worst of intentions on folk instead of acknowledging that pretty universally accepted truth, that we're all just people. And any given one on the street? Probably just another person too.

10 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Your consistency is admirable :thumbsup: As a non-parent all I can say is, shit like this makes me glad I'm not. Stay safe out there as well!

Space Mackerel
6 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Suspect they were being dicks too, getting on the way thinking they've got some special pass. 

"Press!" "Press!" "Press!"  :lol:

Erm, they do have passes and ID to film and shoot what they want. 

8 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Erm, they do have passes and ID to film and shoot what they want. 

And cops are so out of control they're just shooting at them anyway. Arresting CNN reporters live on air, or this

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/30/police-fire-pepper-balls-reporter-live-tv-louisville-protests-12779545/

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

And cops are so out of control they're just shooting at them anyway. Arresting CNN reporters live on air, or this

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/30/police-fire-pepper-balls-reporter-live-tv-louisville-protests-12779545/

Its a strange day when we have Scottish working class football supporters following in line with the media and US government narratives.
I’ll just put it down to ‘thick’ ☺️

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

In amongst the screeching, mental gymnastics, apologetics and, like, three good posts on the matter, it's worth remembering that all of this could be avoided - all of it - if the police would just stop murdering black people.

How many people do American police kill every year? Any color or sex?

1 hour ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

In amongst the screeching, mental gymnastics, apologetics and, like, three good posts on the matter, it's worth remembering that all of this could be avoided - all of it - if the police would just stop murdering black people.

3300 peoples of all colors and sexes have been shot and killed by police officers since 2015. A horrible number to be sure. 7% or just over 200 we’re unarmed.

41 unarmed last year of which 19 were white. Some killed were suicide by police.
89 police officers were killed last year. The numbers both ways are ridiculous but rioting and looting will fix nothing.

Black on black deaths along with white on white is way more than black on white or white on black.

The narrative by certain groups is to push an agenda. It’s going well for them this week so far.

The police in general do not murder black or white people.

Context for the avoidance of cherry picking:

https://mappingpoliceviolence.org/

Screenshot_20200602-182802.thumb.png.c5b7681ff8030b996c98e8e7732220c9.png

Screenshot_20200602-183035.thumb.png.604ca28373f04edde6c74a3555f7227b.png

The police in general not only murder black and white people, but:

Screenshot_20200602-183101.thumb.png.c903d5b5392fe9f2e6d8c1c26978ab86.png

As well, 89 police officers were killed on duty in 2019, but nearly half (41) died in accidents. Being a police officer is less dangerous than being a logger, fisher, pilot/flight engineer, farmer, workie... and the list goes on.

One of those "peaceful" protesters we keep hearing about in scare quotes. Daily reminder that tear gas is a chemical weapon banned in warfare, but US police and National Guard need it, because reasons.

Reverend Says She Was Tear-Gassed Outside White House So Trump Could 'Hold a Bible and Look Christian'

Rev. Gini Gerbasi, a former assistant rector of St. John's during the Obama administration who has since been transferred to a sister church in Georgetown, was distributing medical supplies to protesters when troops and police arrived without advanced warning and drove protesters out of the area.

"I was coughing with tear gas in my clergy collar, and my gray hair, and my old lady reading glasses, so that that man could stand there and hold a Bible in his hand and look Christian," Gerbasi said in a WUSA report. "And it would be far more Christian if he would behave according to the words in that book instead of just carrying it around with him as a prop."

. . .

The Right Rev. Mariann Edgar Budde, Episcopal Bishop of Washington, who has oversight responsibilities for the church, said she was angered by Trump's unannounced visit.

She told NPR that Trump never offered a prayer or words of unity, and instead used the Holy Bible and the church as a prop to push a partisan agenda.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Have you protested, or do you just like to shout about on here? 

I have considered going out as a legal observer. But staying with my parents, helping my mom take care of my dad with dementia, if he woke up in the night and noticed I was gone he'd freak. He's still aware enough to know the demonstrations are happening and he'd be really scared.

I've had to just contribute with my wallet so far. But thankfully I've been in touch with a couple of lawyers and it's looking like I'll be able to help out with some knowledge/legal skills as well going forward.

Passing mark for your purity test then, mate? Extra credit for the two Scottish independence marches in Edinburgh and Glasgow this past year, perhaps? How many did you make it to, by the way? smuggy.png.65752f2fc6bf3056ad611762e0b0559a.png

2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I have considered going out as a legal observer. But staying with my parents, helping my mom take care of my dad with dementia, if he woke up in the night and noticed I was gone he'd freak. He's still aware enough to know the demonstrations are happening and he'd be really scared.

I've had to just contribute with my wallet so far. But thankfully I've been in touch with a couple of lawyers and it's looking like I'll be able to help out with some knowledge/legal skills as well going forward.

Passing mark for your purity test then, mate? Extra credit for the two Scottish independence marches in Edinburgh and Glasgow this past year, perhaps? How many did you make it to, by the way? smuggy.png.65752f2fc6bf3056ad611762e0b0559a.png

👍

Not interested in 

Marches. Rather shout about it here and keep my powder dry for the real deal. Not some fake outrage so I can aquire a new telly and burn down peoples jobs. 

10 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

"Accidentally right" has never been more fitting.

Tell me. Who kills more black people?

Tell you what, just free everyone from prison, they're all obviously innocent. When you graduate, of course. 

Oh and France have riots anaw, about something that happened 4 years ago. 

Edited by ri Alban

45 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

👍

Not interested in 

Marches. Rather shout about it here and keep my powder dry for the real deal. Not some fake outrage so I can aquire a new telly and burn down peoples jobs. 

Acquire, Dumbass. 

Edited by ri Alban

The Internet
6 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Never mind that, some folk were stealing trainers 

:seething:

manaliveits105
7 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

I hope so, there’s something seriously poisonous taking over the US, and here now. 

B3991E9C-D6B5-4381-A8F4-E49018BFBE50.jpeg

The snp are in the US ??

21 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The snp are in the US ??

There's a question? How many States start with S that aren't South something. 

Without Google 😁

9 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Since 2015 U.S. police officers have shot and killed the exact same number of unarmed white people as they have unarmed black people: 50 each.

But because the white population is approximately five times larger than the black population, that means unarmed black Americans were five times as likely as unarmed white Americans to be shot and killed by a police officer.

highlandjambo3
16 hours ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Ignoring the child for 1 sec, pointing gun(rubber bullets aside) at the mans face goes against everything I was ever trained to do in the army had run ins with Catholic youths and proddy march scum in my time target was the thighs, may get lucky and hit the nuts but that's wishful thinking. Just can't believe these people are so bad.

I think the picture is a bit out of perspective based on the size/height of the man with the child on his shoulders compared to the cop with the gun..... I think the policeman is further back and both adults are not actually face to face.... my opinion only 

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Ffs.

Totally f****d country.

Like a scene from a movie.

Like something out of a movie

maroonlegions
12 hours ago, Smithee said:

A few months before the us election, what a coincidence, who'd have thunk of it?

How long before anonymous are doing their invisible masters' bidding again, tripping up trump's opponents? They were all over the alt right Hillary conspiracies lest we forget.

My guess is they'll be herded into attacking the legitimacy of the vote, giving him an excuse to stay in. How do you see it panning out?

Guess yes.

They were all over Trump too.

We are talking about what is happening now, the way i see it is that they are going to release some very meaty info regarding Trump and his handling  of COVID 19...  Aslo look out for more racist  cops being exposed by them,  being named  and shamed and what they got up to in their past, there will be a "character" attack on them.

101454729_2940049776111875_725616299249500160_n.jpg

alwaysthereinspirit
54 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Ffs.

Totally f****d country.

Like a scene from a movie.

Like something out of a movie

40 cops for 2 people is obviously overkill.

What did they do prior to being chased?

A few cops have already been hit by cars this week.

Cops are on edge as is. The kids are also on edge as you can tell by the driver not knowing how to put the car into park as they smash the window behind his head. 

Just now, alwaysthereinspirit said:

It doesn't matter.

manaliveits105

Fatty Blackford in Westminster wastes a question by asking PM whether UK should stop sending tear gas and police protective equipment to USA

Sturgeon gets her patsy Patrick Harvey to do the same in Holyrood then pontificates on the President of the USAs actions 

Imagine the repercussions on trade with the US for UK alone - luckily we have nothing else to worry about at the moment though than sticking our neb into other peoples business - let America sort its own problems out and stop being populist attention seekers.

As for planned protestors in Edinburgh this weekend - stay home - protect the NHS - save lives - if not and you kick off I hope our police don't hesitate in sorting you out .

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Fatty Blackford in Westminster wastes a question by asking PM whether UK should stop sending tear gas and police protective equipment to USA

Sturgeon gets her patsy Patrick Harvey to do the same in Holyrood then pontificates on the President of the USAs actions 

Imagine the repercussions on trade with the US for UK alone - luckily we have nothing else to worry about at the moment though than sticking our neb into other peoples business - let America sort its own problems out and stop being populist attention seekers.

As for planned protestors in Edinburgh this weekend - stay home - protect the NHS - save lives - if not and you kick off I hope our police don't hesitate in sorting you out .

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

The Internet
9 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

It doesn't matter.

They were being a bit black. 

8 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

They were being a bit black. 

Most likely.

But then, this white girl, I wonder what she was doing before she was shot in the face with a rubber bullet?

https://i.redd.it/ppj9sf4j9h251.jpg

Oh, you can tell in the third picture--she's still holding her shopping. That's right, for the crime of walking home with groceries, they aimed at her head with a round fired from a grenade launcher.

Literal thousands of reports like this but the police definitely aren't the problem, she's just looking for a payday, social media is a cesspool . . . did I miss anything?

Edit: Oh I know. The grocery bags are full of lighter fluid so she can burn her neighbourhood down.

Edited by Justin Z

30 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

It doesn't matter.

Really. Abduction? Attempted Murder? Driving to Barnard Castle? 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

A few cops have already been hit by cars this week.

Cops are on edge as is. The kids are also on edge as you can tell by the driver not knowing how to put the car into park as they smash the window behind his head. 

It is overkill looking at that. It does matter in each individual situation what lead to that point though. A lot of folk have agendas and are only prepared to show certain parts of the video taken (on both sides). A lot of folk deliberately goading and putting officers in situations purely for the reaction they can capture on their phone. Arseholes on both sides. No blinkers in this house. 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Oh great🙄 loads of ‘look at me, look at me’ out and about the city centre. Attention seeking twats

luckyBatistuta

Saw a video last night of a woman throwing punches and striking the officer in the face multiple times. The other officer decked her with a punch. Now this is definitely not the correct procedure in my opinion, wouldn’t want that happening with our police. I’ve never struck a woman in my life and never intend to, but you know what, she kind of got what she wanted. 

Some though will run in and take a wee snapshot of her face whilst on the ground, post it online and twist the whole thing to say she was just out minding her own business and the blinkered bunch will lap it up. 

4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Some though will run in and take a wee snapshot of her face whilst on the ground, post it online and twist the whole thing to say she was just out minding her own business and the blinkered bunch will lap it up. 

SomberRedIndusriverdolphin-size_restrict

The problem with US policing is that the police tend to view the public as the enemy in day to day life, much as they do at football matches in Scotland.

They are more or less a paramilitary force which acts along political lines instead of being public servants.