Riots in Minneapolis

annushorribilis III

33 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I'm actually getting sick and tired of seeing these sort of videos that just give me the seethe every time I see them.

America is ****ed, their Police are ****ed, and they answer to absolutely no-one.  They have been taking every single liberty they like, knowing fine well there is no-one to pull them up on it.  I seen a picture earlier where they shot an homeless man, who was in a ****ing wheelchair, in the forehead/eye.  The blood was streaming from his face, and yet the fat, weak-minded, pathetic, p***y, small d****d mother****ers still had guns trained on him:

dt0mybnnr1351.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=

What the **** is that achieving?

People are protesting Police Brutality, so these dense pricks think the answer is to show more of it

I saw a video a while ago of a woman being manhandled by a cop who clearly had a quick grope. When she wrestled free to stop him 3 of them leathered the shite out of her with batons. And then her friend who tried to see if she was ok. Why are these big manly 250lb cops incapable of restraining people without recourse to weapons? 

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Justin Z

• Sharpie

• The Internet

• luckyBatistuta

29 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I'm actually getting sick and tired of seeing these sort of videos that just give me the seethe every time I see them.

America is ****ed, their Police are ****ed, and they answer to absolutely no-one.  They have been taking every single liberty they like, knowing fine well there is no-one to pull them up on it.  I seen a picture earlier where they shot an homeless man, who was in a ****ing wheelchair, in the forehead/eye.  The blood was streaming from his face, and yet the fat, weak-minded, pathetic, p***y, small d****d mother****ers still had guns trained on him:

dt0mybnnr1351.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=

What the **** is that achieving?

People are protesting Police Brutality, so these dense pricks think the answer is to show more of it

I have to agree with you. Just watched the 7'00am news and it is shocking. Tacoma Washington, autopsy shows a man arrested  died of injuries sustained during arrest. Video of woman sitting her car window closed she latersays because she was afraid, police smash the window, open door and pull her out, when interviewed she is bleeding from the mouth. Film of police with long batons beating as hard as they can protestors to move the back. I watch a County Sheriff from Minneapolis interviewed. He is obese, he is unshaven whether he is wearing a fashionable  appearance, or growing a beard, for an old long time uniform wearing person I just found itdifficult to listen to his presentation when his appearance alone was contrary to my belief in the conduct of a manager.

ArcticJambo

Ironically I think they're treating everybody the same; doesn't matter if you are an elderly white man, a disabled Hispanic, a middle class liberal antifa, or a black teen, they're all getting it tight from the authorities right now.  Appears to me it's a battle of wills to an extent; either you obey the laws or we'll **** you up!  Most of the victims we're seeing on social media these days are those who have most likely pushed back.

Now of course you could probably argue that the authorities have severely curtailed the ability of the public to protest peacefully, and that historically such peaceful protest has been largely ignored, especially on Black issues but really the way to enact real change is to get the majority of the public on board.  What we've seen latterly won't achieve that.  It's always hijacked by the opportunists, the mentalists and the plain thickos.  In my lifetime the only occasion that I can really recall where just about all folks of everybackground were united in protest was the pushback against Blair's govt over Iraq.  If such events were organised all over the States I suspect it's a movement that couldn't be ignored.  If it didn't come off then I guess you would have a truly divided nation. 

I'd be optimistic about that but it of course would have to be thought out by brilliant minds.

3 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Ironically I think they're treating everybody the same; doesn't matter if you are an elderly white man, a disabled Hispanic, a middle class liberal antifa, or a black teen, they're all getting it tight from the authorities right now.  Appears to me it's a battle of wills to an extent; either you obey the laws or we'll **** you up!  Most of the victims we're seeing on social media these days are those who have most likely pushed back.

Now of course you could probably argue that the authorities have severely curtailed the ability of the public to protest peacefully, and that historically such peaceful protest has been largely ignored, especially on Black issues but really the way to enact real change is to get the majority of the public on board.  What we've seen latterly won't achieve that.  It's always hijacked by the opportunists, the mentalists and the plain thickos.  In my lifetime the only occasion that I can really recall where just about all folks of everybackground were united in protest was the pushback against Blair's govt over Iraq.  If such events were organised all over the States I suspect it's a movement that couldn't be ignored.  If it didn't come off then I guess you would have a truly divided nation. 

I'd be optimistic about that but it of course would have to be thought out by brilliant minds.

Even the people who have been obeying the laws are getting ****ed up.

Key Workers, such as delivery drivers are being arrested, even though they are exempt from curfew: 

This is a guy just doing his job, as he is entitled to.  This is just one of many, many videos that have been doing the rounds on Reddit and Twitter.

The "Police Force" (justifiably in inverted commas) are attacking - and it is attacking - journalists, medical workers, and people who are not involved in any way, shape or form.  These people are all obeying the laws.

There was this video from a couple of days ago:

What kind of normal person thinks this is appropriate behaviour?

35 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I saw a video a while ago of a woman being manhandled by a cop who clearly had a quick grope. When she wrestled free to stop him 3 of them leathered the shite out of her with batons. And then her friend who tried to see if she was ok. Why are these big manly 250lb cops incapable of restraining people without recourse to weapons? 

It's all they know.  It appears that there is no such thing as de-escalation in the American Police Forces.   Any time anything happens, it's immediately turned up to 11, and before you know it 3 or 4 armed men are screaming at someone half their size, guns out as an intimidation tactic.

They resort to weapons immediately, and in a lot of these videos, they are just shooting indiscriminantly.  Did you see this one?

Exactly what does this sort of approach solve, as opposed to getting out and talking to a bunch of teenagers skateboarding down the path?

ArcticJambo
17 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Even the people who have been obeying the laws are getting ****ed up.

Key Workers, such as delivery drivers are being arrested, even though they are exempt from curfew: 

This is a guy just doing his job, as he is entitled to.  This is just one of many, many videos that have been doing the rounds on Reddit and Twitter.

The "Police Force" (justifiably in inverted commas) are attacking - and it is attacking - journalists, medical workers, and people who are not involved in any way, shape or form.  These people are all obeying the laws.

There was this video from a couple of days ago:

What kind of normal person thinks this is appropriate behaviour?

I don't disagree that there are a lot of innocents getting caught up in it but in both examples you provide, under the circumstances, it's hardly a surprise that someone gets pulled over to ensure they are who they say they are, or in the other instance some boy stops at a busy intersection that is heavily policed (look also on the other side as well) and starts mouthing off despite being told to move on.  :lol:  

Der Kaiser

It really feels like the police are being given carte blanche to just behave in any way they feel. Acting out their own power fantasies on the public.

I guess the plan is to scare anyone from even thinking about participating in peaceful protests and quell it quickly.

Trump voters will be smiling from ear to ear.

Just now, Der Kaiser said:

They will.

As one TV commentator stated a few days ago, control over police and military are the first steps to dictatorship.

Mac_fae_Gillie
5 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

I don't disagree that there are a lot of innocents getting caught up in it but in both examples you provide, under the circumstances, it's hardly a surprise that someone gets pulled over to ensure they are who they say they are, or in the other instance some boy stops at a busy intersection that is heavily policed (look also on the other side as well) and starts mouthing off despite being told to move on.  :lol:  

That delivery driver was just a bike rider, could be a bit of deliberate provacation on the part of some.. You see 50 cops blocking a road off you go another route it is that simple and if all routes are blocked then OK you fail in your task but you have a reason. His anger is maybe relatable if he is constantly getting blocked really hard to judge these issues without knowing full details.

As for the cop car firing out the window(assume pepper pellets) seems again to alienate the cops from the public, just step out the vehicle and ask nicely "GO HOME", I think it was nearing curfew time.

ArcticJambo
5 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

It really feels like the police are being given carte blanche to just behave in any way they feel. Acting out their own power fantasies on the public.

I guess the plan is to scare anyone from even thinking about participating in peaceful protests and quell it quickly.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the case on both sides by a subset of each group.

Just now, ArcticJambo said:

Unfortunately, this seems to be the case on both sides by a subset of each group.

A balanced point.....won't go down well with some.

ArcticJambo
7 minutes ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

That delivery driver was just a bike rider, could be a bit of deliberate provacation on the part of some.. You see 50 cops blocking a road off you go another route it is that simple and if all routes are blocked then OK you fail in your task but you have a reason. His anger is maybe relatable if he is constantly getting blocked really hard to judge these issues without knowing full details.

As for the cop car firing out the window(assume pepper pellets) seems again to alienate the cops from the public, just step out the vehicle and ask nicely "GO HOME", I think it was nearing curfew time.

I don't get involved with these types of threads too much but the social media culture wars are the one thing that has really pissed me off so when I do dabble it's usually to try and put some sort of prespective on what we're seeing (well from my pov anyway).  Totally agree with you on your first explanation, and on the second, while I didn't initially watch or reply to that one (I assume the shooting at teens on the corner as they run away) I'd tend to agree as well, although again we don't know teh whole story.  If anything I'm guessing the teens most likely got a right thrill out of it and will be back for more. e: it's turned into a bit of a game!

Edited by ArcticJambo

Der Kaiser
6 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Absolutely. 

Folk still go out and intentionally put themselves in dangerous positions so they can hopefully have a YouTube video and a story to tell.

It's a vicious cycle.

Rioting only reinforces the stereotype of non-whites as troublemakers.

Police going in heavy-handed only reinforces the view of them being out of control bullies with zero accountability.

They feed off each other and things only get worse each time instead of better.

More information about the individual officers involved. The actual killer Chauvin was a longer service member, and on the day of the murder he was the recruit training oficer for a man who was working his third shift as a probationary police officer. It would seem to me as the commanding officer of a police department the last man you would want training rookies would be a man with eighteen disciplinary charges on his file, unless that was exactly what you wanted your up and coming officers to be, a non observer of the rules. Another man was a four day officer, not really what one would class as experienced. The fourth officer had longer service and had six disciplinary complaints on file only one having been acted on.

If anyone can tell me that this is not evidence of a dysfunctional police department, with leaders lacking common sense , total incompetence, and basic human decency to put young inexperienced officers in this situation staggers my mind I just find the whole thing unbelievably incredible

I offer no defence for the murder, but wonder if this was a more experienced officer trying to show the recruits how macho he was and in the vernacular how to treat these people, who knows.

Edited by Sharpie

Auld Reekin'
2 hours ago, Sharpie said:

More information about the individual officers involved. The actual killer Chauvin was a longer service member, and on the day of the murder he was the recruit training oficer for a man who was working his third shift as a probationary police officer. It would seem to me as the commanding officer of a police department the last man you would want training rookies would be a man with eighteen disciplinary charges on his file, unless that was exactly what you wanted your up and coming officers to be, a non observer of the rules. Another man was a four day officer, not really what one would class as experienced. The fourth officer had longer service and had six disciplinary complaints on file only one having been acted on.

If anyone can tell me that this is not evidence of a dysfunctional police department, with leaders lacking common sense , total incompetence, and basic human decency to put young inexperienced officers in this situation staggers my mind I just find the whole thing unbelievably incredible

I offer no defence for the murder, but wonder if this was a more experienced officer trying to show the recruits how macho he was and in the vernacular how to treat these people, who knows.

Both very good points Bob, and I think you're probably spot-on with your second one. It also would not surprise me in the least if every police officer routinely and as a matter of course being armed increased the tendency for macho behaviour in a fair few of them...

It seems to me as well that the relative inexperience of the other officers concerned meant that there was only one who would be likely to have had the confidence to tell Chauvin to ease-up or back-off. Unfortunately, he didn't.

Edited by Auld Reekin'

1 minute ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Both very good points Bob, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if you were spot-on with your second one. It also would not surprise at all me if every police officer routinely and as a matter of course being armed increased the tendency for macho behaviour in a fair few of them...

I honestly don't think it will in a properly managed organisation. 

The entire 57-man strong unit that was present when that unarmed 75 year old man was hospitalised have resigned in solidarity with their two suspended colleagues.

So that's 57 other bad cops off the streets.

Pricks.

8 minutes ago, Cade said:

The entire 57-man strong unit that was present when that unarmed 75 year old man was hospitalised have resigned in solidarity with their two suspended colleagues.

Pricks.

If they were my employees I would thank them for saving me the time. The day I would be looking forward to is when at least some of them come cringing back saying it was the other guys that made me quit I relaly didn't want to and I'm sorry can I have my job back. Answer, no.

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, Cade said:

Pricks.

Good.

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

I honestly don't think it will in a properly managed organisation. 

No doubt you're right, in a properly managed organisation

20 minutes ago, Morgan said:

US police having ‘fun’ at their work.

Feck America.

I realise what you mean when you use the term fun, what I find difficult to watch is the actual cruelty used by some of the police, the lack of any pleasure, empathy or amusement in what they are doing. I have been in situation where things got a wee bit obstreperous, but there was still some give and take, and I have even spent time with some of the arrested a nd there was smiling comments like did you see the polis chasing the laddie that stole his hat and likewise things. In this situation I see police dressed like they were going to battle against space creatures, no smiles just expressions of almost hate and anger, is it a case of clothes hath madeth the man, is it Presidential rhetoric,  is it commands such as I never heard as a policeman, are they angry because the men who killed Floyd gave them all a bad name, there is something causing that anger and indeed cruelty in such a large percentage of these men and yes indeed when you have a good look through the masks some women, to the point of knocking an old man on the ground and in many cases looking and walking on as he lay with blood running on to the ground from a head wound. Of all the causes and there has to be one for sure, And even as a lapsed Christian I pray it not fun.

Riccarton3
13 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I realise what you mean when you use the term fun, what I find difficult to watch is the actual cruelty used by some of the police, the lack of any pleasure, empathy or amusement in what they are doing. I have been in situation where things got a wee bit obstreperous, but there was still some give and take, and I have even spent time with some of the arrested a nd there was smiling comments like did you see the polis chasing the laddie that stole his hat and likewise things. In this situation I see police dressed like they were going to battle against space creatures, no smiles just expressions of almost hate and anger, is it a case of clothes hath madeth the man, is it Presidential rhetoric,  is it commands such as I never heard as a policeman, are they angry because the men who killed Floyd gave them all a bad name, there is something causing that anger and indeed cruelty in such a large percentage of these men and yes indeed when you have a good look through the masks some women, to the point of knocking an old man on the ground and in many cases looking and walking on as he lay with blood running on to the ground from a head wound. Of all the causes and there has to be one for sure, And even as a lapsed Christian I pray it not fun.

It's all very dark. What do they all know that they're not telling us?

ArcticJambo

I suspect it's because, after a while, folks getting in your face with a phone and tirade of abuse busting your balls constantly, probably grates on the most tolerant of officers. Times I suspect, have changed.

Riccarton3
7 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

I suspect it's because, after a while, folks getting in your face with a phone and tirade of abuse busting your balls constantly, probably grates on the most tolerant of officers. Times I suspect, have changed.

But that's where your discipline and training applies. Though I read training is 16 weeks or 50 weeks depending where you are. 

Edited by Riccarton3

ArcticJambo
18 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

But that's where your discipline and training applies. Though I read training is 16 weeks or 50 weeks depending where you are. 

Aye, well of course but they're humans not robots.  To take that level of abuse day after day and think you can just go back home to your family and put it all away in the bottom drawer with your badge and gun, like water off a duck's back, lol. Think of just one instance of you being ripped at your work, legitimately or not and think of the influence it had on you for the rest of the day, and possibly the next few.  These folks are getting it up close and personal day after day right now.  Can you really blame them when they seem emotionless/uncaring.

I watched a film the other day (i know it's a pretty tenuous link) release last year in which there was a scene where a young person, probably early 20s basically just dismissed an elderly gentleman's explanation of what her boyfriend did/where he went in a disrespectful and abusive manner, and stormed off.  The attitude and response struck me as alien, when I'd have expected the person to accept what they had said certainly at face-value and leave with an 'Ohh, okaay', then perhaps question what was they had heard without confrontation away form the messenger.  Coming across as an old, out-of-touch boomer, lol but it was to me anyway, just another example of a change in society, generally speaking of course.

Edited by ArcticJambo

King prawn

**** America - it isn’t the land of the free or whatever shite they spout. It’s an utter basket case of a country that should be used as an example of how other countries should not want to end up like. **** their police system of power crazy driven *****. **** their judicial system in favour of the rich ***** that can afford to avoid it and **** their attitude in defending it all in the name of religion. **** them all. 

Shanks said no

Should we maybe not look across to Fife before we get too holier than thou?

3 hours ago, Cade said:

Pricks.

They have resigned from the Emergency Response Team on which they were volunteers, not from the police itself.

“Fifty-seven resigned in disgust because of the treatment of two of their members, who were simply executing orders,” union president John Evans told NBC affiliate WGRZ.

“Our position is these officers were simply following orders from Deputy Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia to clear the square,” Buffalo Police Benevolent Association President John Evans said to the paper. “It doesn’t specify clear the square of men, 50 and under or 15 to 40. They were simply doing their job. I don’t know how much contact was made. He did slip in my estimation. He fell backwards.”

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, ArcticJambo said:

It also won't do much to hinder the wannabe nazis among them when their country's commander-in-chief, (he-elp) and wannabe chief nazi, pretty much gives them the ok to act as the version of his very own brown shirts. 

Something else George will find to "look down upon and smile" about.

****ing reprobate! (sorry for the lingo)

35 minutes ago, redjambo said:

They have resigned from the Emergency Response Team on which they were volunteers, not from the police itself.

“Fifty-seven resigned in disgust because of the treatment of two of their members, who were simply executing orders,” union president John Evans told NBC affiliate WGRZ.

“Our position is these officers were simply following orders from Deputy Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia to clear the square,” Buffalo Police Benevolent Association President John Evans said to the paper. “It doesn’t specify clear the square of men, 50 and under or 15 to 40. They were simply doing their job. I don’t know how much contact was made. He did slip in my estimation. He fell backwards.”

Yes there was some confusion with the first reports they said had resigned from the Department. Now they are correcting that by saying the ERT Department within the police Department. Usually teams like the ERT were designated as Teams, or Squads.  

I watched that video less than fifteen minute ago after the suggestions that he tipped, he did not trip h fell, sfter he had been pushed by a police officer. One police officer went to see if he could do anything or the mn and was physically removed by another policeman and sent on his way.

They showed some film tonight and commented that the White House is barricaded like no one has seen before. New defence Secretary coming in soon, the present one ha ordered all regular military personnel in DC back to their respective bases. National Guard have been advised not to bring weapons and ammunition to DC. He made a fairly critical talk on TV about the Presidents comments and actions so I suspect as said his days are numbered.

The Real Maroonblood
6 hours ago, King prawn said:

**** America - it isn’t the land of the free or whatever shite they spout. It’s an utter basket case of a country that should be used as an example of how other countries should not want to end up like. **** their police system of power crazy driven *****. **** their judicial system in favour of the rich ***** that can afford to avoid it and **** their attitude in defending it all in the name of religion. **** them all. 

:spoton:

The "We were just following orders" defence came up often during the Nuremberg trials after WW2.

Turns out that following orders isn't a valid excuse.

Ibrahim Tall

Tbh all ‘new civil war/race war’ stories always seemed like unrealistic nonsense to me in the past or wishes of right wing lunatics but some of the horrific videos coming out aren’t a mile away from a lot of the very early incidents in civil wars in the Middle East and elsewhere. Syria etc didn’t exactly start out with Assad butchering people in the streets, and neither did Ukraine it was a legitimate peaceful protest inflamed by authorities overreacting massively.

The police in general seem to have completely lost the plot over there, adding in a government that seems to be completely clueless on how bring people together is a worrying combination.

I hope the policeman's foot is ok after he bravely neutralises the threat posed by this woman sitting on the ground.

11 hours ago, redjambo said:

They seem to have forgotten they are public servants (allbeit volunteers) and it is disappointing to see that they have not learnt the lessons.

The police seem to think they are immune from action even though they should be intelligent enough to know they have to change their actions and behaviours

Given though they have an idiot of a president who truly seems to be promoting violence rather than trying to reduce it they seem to think they have carte blanche for any action. Just like their president they have trouble with their eyesight failing to remember that social media will be filming things that once went unnoticed.

To hear those in charge simply lying hoping incidents have gone unnoticed just makes you despair

What also has to be mentioned is the protesters are also to blame for some of the violence though again their 'leaders' seem to forget this as well as ignoring Covid advice re distancing

Francis Albert
On 02/06/2020 at 08:53, jack D and coke said:

Just seen a video of some mad looting. People stopping their cars and running into shops to get pairs of trainers. Coming out some barely able to carry the stuff. Hundreds of people involved. All races btw. 
Why do they do this? 

Combination of greed and opportunity?

Either that or because Black Lives Matter..

Edited by Francis Albert

21 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Either that or because Black Lives Matter..

But not all lives matter to some, I got a WhatsApp massage showing a girl replying to a police officer who said "all lives matter" to which her reply was "not all lives matter....black lives matter".

I'm  not sure if WhatsApp videos can be put on here???

Difficult attitude to deal with, this was in the UK not the USA.

Far-right militia weirdos are patrolling small towns in rural settings in full combat gear, complete with confederate flags and automatic weapons.

Rumours being spread online are saying that "bus loads" of Antifa are on their way to these small towns.

1) Antifa is not a single organisation. There are no bus load of anybody being taken anywhere.

2) Your shitey wee dustbowl town isn't worth protesting in.

Also in the news, 66 of the UN's Special Rapporteurs on Human Rights have come together to sign a letter denouncing the USA's record on police violence and have been so bold as to liken the treatment of African Americans to the lynchings of the early 20th century and openly say that the police are taking part in state sanctioned racial terror.

Strong stuff.

Remember, these same people are responsible for investigating war crimes and genocides across the world and have brought many people to international justice.

2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

But not all lives matter to some, I got a WhatsApp massage showing a girl replying to a police officer who said "all lives matter" to which her reply was "not all lives matter....black lives matter".

I'm  not sure if WhatsApp videos can be put on here???

Difficult attitude to deal with, this was in the UK not the USA.

Apparently, according to some guy on talksport saying"All lives Matter" is racists patter. No really! 

32 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Apparently, according to some guy on talksport saying"All lives Matter" is racists patter. No really! 

I believe the word is "woke"(?)

And here come the racists trying to justify their beliefs. Pathetic really. Have a look at Mrs. Rigby's comments about people using her son's memory to push their racist cause and then think before you post your pathetic shite

4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

And here come the racists trying to justify their beliefs. Pathetic really. Have a look at Mrs. Rigby's comments about people using her son's memory to push their racist cause and then think before you post your pathetic shite

Were the guy on talk sport?!