Riots in Minneapolis

annushorribilis III

The Internet
2 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

My home town Boston the latest to be torn up and set afire by the scummy cowards.
They sure do travel well. Easy to destroy something or somewhere that you have no connection to. Disgusting animals.
I would imagine the usual subjects will be around soon enough to explain to me my ignorance and misunderstanding of what I’m seeing and what their goal is.

Was this you? 

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Justin Z

• Sharpie

• The Internet

• luckyBatistuta

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Was this you? 

I watched that live on the web last night. It is a miracle that the masses of people managed to get out of the truck's way and no-one was hit. When the demonstrators started pulling the truck driver out of the cab, I thought I was going to witness the Northern Ireland's Corporals Killings all over again, particularly as they were on top of a high bridge at the time and you were just waiting to see the body thrown over the side. Pretty horrific stuff.

10 hours ago, Boston Jambo said:

It means to open fire on someone. 

That’s what I thought but didn’t know if it had another meaning 

alwaysthereinspirit
7 hours ago, Justin Z said:

We know you really hate being pulled up for being a racism apologist and get very emotional about it, so we'll just leave it at that. :thumbsup: Have a pleasant evening.

No yellow? Straight red?

You must show that a man is wrong before you start explaining why he is wrong.

alwaysthereinspirit
6 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Was this you? 

Nope. I was outside at the fire pit waiting for the Space Station to go by. Pretty cool. Watched it two nights now.

To put some perspective on the unprecedented nature of the weekend's attacks on journalists:

At @USPressTracker, we've documented 100-150 press freedom violations in the US per year, for the last 3 years.

We are currently investigating *over 100* FROM JUST THE LAST 3 DAYS.

Linda Tirado has been told by doctors her vision is permanently lost in her left eye after she was hit by a police projectile while covering the protests following the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

To put some perspective on the unprecedented nature of the weekend's attacks on journalists:

At @USPressTracker, we've documented 100-150 press freedom violations in the US per year, for the last 3 years.

We are currently investigating *over 100* FROM JUST THE LAST 3 DAYS.

Linda Tirado has been told by doctors her vision is permanently lost in her left eye after she was hit by a police projectile while covering the protests following the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

I watched a bit of the news footage today and amazingly one of the clips had the police firing what looked like BB guns at protesters, hitting one woman in the face to her very obvious distress. A couple of inches to the side and it would have been in her eye. In my opinion a deliberate head shot as a policeman that spends time on gun ranges and trains with various weapons wouldn’t be that far off the mark if they are supposed to aim at the torso. 

Private autopsy finds that George Floyd died of asphyxia at the scene of his arrest.

Light blue touch paper..............

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Private autopsy finds that George Floyd died of asphyxia at the scene of his arrest.

Will Trump apologise!? Actually can't wait to see what nonsense he spouts next

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

Will Trump apologise!? Actually can't wait to see what nonsense he spouts next

latest press conference they are saying his words were mis interpreted

Just now, milky_26 said:

latest press conference they are saying his words were mis interpreted

Where have I heard that one before? oh yeah he tried it last time he balls'd up.

Guy is a one man sitcom

Just watched the doctors for the Defence explain their findings about the death of George Floyd, interesting but not to be surprised that they find differences to the County doctor. Lots of fancy doctor names, lots of opinion as to cause of death heart attack,strangulation ,choking,. They must all being experts be making a few dollars. Not a doctor but this would be my diagnosis. The now deceased man was walking around doing what he was doing until arrested by police. he was handcuffed and in that situation a policeman put his knee on the supine mans throat  applying pressure. The up to this time healthy man was begging to have the pressure removed because he could not breathe. It is also reported that he started asking for his mother, a common thing done by the dying, he then ceased all activity verbal or physical. As a non medical professional, my common sense diagnosis would be that the knee applied to his throat and possibly cartoid artery caused him to die, and the cause of his death was the man who with his knee applied the pressure. I don't care if he had three hundred clots around his heart, he had galloping sirhosis or something else. He was killed by a police officer using his knee on his throat ,neck area to control him. The prosecution rests M'Lud.

16 minutes ago, Cade said:

Yep, after the county medical examiner tried to imply heart problems which will now only lead to even more distrust. The whole world saw him with a knee on his neck for over 8 minutes pleading that he couldn't breathe.

And kept like that with the knee still on his neck for minutes after he completely stopped moving and was clearly unconscious at best or already dead at worst.

George Floyd, the African-American man whose death has sparked civil unrest in the US, died from asphyxia (lack of oxygen), a private autopsy has found.

He died due to compression on his neck and back by Minneapolis police officers, medical examiners hired by his family said.

The findings differ from an official preliminary autopsy carried out by the county medical examiner.

That autopsy did not find evidence of "traumatic asphyxia or strangulation".

"The cause of death in my opinion is asphyxia, due to compression to the neck - which can interfere with oxygen going to the brain - and compression to the back, which interferes with breathing," said Michael Baden, a former New York City medical examiner who was hired by Mr Floyd's family.

A video showing a white police officer continuing to kneel on George Floyd's neck even after he pleaded he could not breathe sparked outrage when it emerged a week ago.

It has led to six consecutive days of protest across the United States, with the country experiencing a level of civil unrest it has not seen since the 1960s.

George Floyd died of asphyxia, private autopsy finds

On 31/05/2020 at 13:39, Jamhammer said:

Sharpie, It's a term I've only heard in Vietnam war films, as a former military/cop can you advise what, "Light em up" means here?

An entire battalion of active, serving Army soldiers has been trucked into the White House grounds.

Defence officials have said: "Their mission is security, not policing"

Take yer bets on a civilian death.

Edited by Cade

On 29/05/2020 at 03:32, Justin Z said:

Also

I resemble that. I'm quick on my feet. On the internet. :look:

🤣

Wait... Resemble or resent? 

Edited by ri Alban

So the Minneapolis Police Chief has finally realised that the three men who allowed their colleague to commit murder are also liable to action. I doubt the demonstrations would have been avoided but the genuine complaint about police non action could have to some degree been lessened.A week its taken to realise a personnel action in a  case of death is totally insufficient.  I am not sure in the States who has the authority to do so, but someone should be instructing that the Prosecution of this case should be done by another body than the Minneapolis Prosecutors Department.

J.T.F.Robertson
29 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

🤣

Wait... Resemble or resent? 

Seriously?

Finds an old law telling State Governers they must use all force available and if they don't , he'll put military in.

Peaceful protesters being dispersed in Washington DC, with tear gas, mounted police, rubber bullets and army reservists in attendance.

Edited by DETTY29

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Think this lad will be hounded out of a job. Pity, because he is talking complete sense.

Siphiwe Tshabalala
20 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

My home town Boston the latest to be torn up and set afire by the scummy cowards.
They sure do travel well. Easy to destroy something or somewhere that you have no connection to. Disgusting animals.
I would imagine the usual subjects will be around soon enough to explain to me my ignorance and misunderstanding of what I’m seeing and what their goal is.

Where about in Boston specifically?

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

A YouTube version of the video earlier featured in a tweet. This guy deserves wide coverage.

1 hour ago, EH11_2NL said:

Think this lad will be hounded out of a job. Pity, because he is talking complete sense.

No chance. Not only is he well respected throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area (by all races I may add). Texas in general, and Houston - the 4th largest city in America - in particular have a long and rich history of telling the federal government to go **** itself. 

I've seen the local coverage of what's been happening downtown, and although it's not anywhere near as bad as elsewhere, this man is PISSED. And he's pissed at the position he's been put in by idiots elsewhere. This was his speech yesterday, give it a watch. 

Trump today promising Federal Troops if the rioters don't behave. I always I  know spell it wrong but I am sure Posse Commatitis restricts Federal forces from being used to do  civil police duties. I believe they can if the State or the Governor request.

Trump made a walk to a church today for a photo opp. To get there peacefully he had police tear gas and  push genuine protestors away. He then posed with Bible in hand while the pictures were taken.  White House sources say he walked from the White House to the church as a show of courage because he was angry that it became known he went to a White House bunker a couple of nights ago for safety from rioters. Noted absentees from the photo shoot were Pence and Trumps wife.

5 hours ago, trotter said:

No chance. Not only is he well respected throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area (by all races I may add). Texas in general, and Houston - the 4th largest city in America - in particular have a long and rich history of telling the federal government to go **** itself. 

I've seen the local coverage of what's been happening downtown, and although it's not anywhere near as bad as elsewhere, this man is PISSED. And he's pissed at the position he's been put in by idiots elsewhere. This was his speech yesterday, give it a watch. 

The man is a voice of sanity amid the madness. He's effectively saying what everyone is thinking and have been thinking for a long time. Trump is insane and demonstrating his dangerous inanity on a daily basis.

For some reason it brought to mind a quote from a Winston Churchill speech in July 1940. Following the fall of France and just days after the opening stages of the Battle of Britain.

This comes from the speech called 'War Of The Unknown Warriors".  I will slightly modify the quote by changing just one word to suit the circumstances we currently find ourselves in.

This is a War of the Unknown Warriors; but let all strive without failing in faith or in duty, and the dark curse of Trump will be lifted from our age. 

The Real Maroonblood
6 hours ago, trotter said:

Well that was certainly interesting.

13 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

'Those who make peaceful protest impossible, make violent protest inevitable' 

JFK.

Not a quote from me BTW though I would echo the sentiment. Most people think my screen ID is some sort of tribute to John Fitzgerald Kennedy, it isn't JFK are in fact my initials too though I share no names with him.

7 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Not a quote from me BTW though I would echo the sentiment. Most people think my screen ID is some sort of tribute to John Fitzgerald Kennedy, it isn't JFK are in fact my initials too though I share no names with him.

You should've kept quiet or claimed it as one of your own!

jack D and coke

Just seen a video of some mad looting. People stopping their cars and running into shops to get pairs of trainers. Coming out some barely able to carry the stuff. Hundreds of people involved. All races btw. 
Why do they do this? 

The Internet
7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Just seen a video of some mad looting. People stopping their cars and running into shops to get pairs of trainers. Coming out some barely able to carry the stuff. Hundreds of people involved. All races btw. 
Why do they do this? 

To try and get stuff for free I imagine. 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Why do they do this? 

Because the vast majority don’t give a **** about George Floyd. They’re just opportunistic arseholes who are jumping on the bandwagon to get some free stuff.

manaliveits105
14 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Because the vast majority don’t give a **** about George Floyd. They’re just opportunistic arseholes who are jumping on the bandwagon to get some free stuff.

Correct and troublemakers,anarchists and others with agendas are jumping on the bandwagon .The culprit has been arrested - justice will be served .

Protestors in UK :facepalm: and not helped by our "celebs" like Piers Morgan and Lorraine really really good Kelly hitching their wagons for their own promotion.

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Why do they do this? 

Better ask Shy Ted. 

luckyBatistuta
29 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Correct and troublemakers,anarchists and others with agendas are jumping on the bandwagon .The culprit has been arrested - justice will be served .

Protestors in UK :facepalm: and not helped by our "celebs" like Piers Morgan and Lorraine really really good Kelly hitching their wagons for their own promotion.

Bang on, yet some on here will still defend their actions. It’s disgusting what happened to George Floyd and his murderer needs punished accordingly,  but there are no excuses for the looting and destruction of people’s homes and businesses. Are things going to become any easier for the needy in US society after this wanton destruction by people pretending to actually care.

I cannot stand that Super smiley Lorraine Kelly. If Derek Chauvin was on her show, she would still be all smiley and agree with every word he said, false as. 

Trump having peaceful protesters beaten and pepper sprayed just so he can get a picture taken holding a bible outside a church

giphy.gif

45 minutes ago, Cade said:

Trump having peaceful protesters beaten and pepper sprayed just so he can get a picture taken holding a bible outside a church

giphy.gif

To be fair to him it's his favourite book, just don't ask him if he  knows a single quote from it. 

Edited by fancy a brew