Riots in Minneapolis

annushorribilis III

2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

https://t.co/1oExmGGuYd?amp=1

So you’re not arguing this then

sweep, sweep

No one is denying bad apples on both sides... But there is clearly a huge amount in the police. And that’s scary because they are meant to uphold the law not take it into their own hands. 

Growing number of whites are getting angry because the US police are battering peaceful whites at the protests now. So that’s some equality I suppose. 

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Justin Z

• Sharpie

• The Internet

• alwaysthereinspirit

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

https://t.co/1oExmGGuYd?amp=1

So you’re not arguing this then

sweep, sweep

You can only imagine the hell that would’ve broken loose had the big copper who whacked her been white. 

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, kila said:

No one is denying bad apples on both sides... But there is clearly a huge amount in the police. And that’s scary because they are meant to uphold the law not take it into their own hands. 

Growing number of whites are getting angry because the US police are battering peaceful whites at the protests now. So that’s some equality I suppose. 

Make your mind up...

21 hours ago, kila said:

White Police brutality is the argument 

Is it Police brutality that’s the problem, or White Police brutality that’s the problem

If it’s the latter, then you need to rein in your racist posting

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

You can only imagine the hell that would’ve broken loose had the big copper who whacked her been white. 

I haven’t seen this video anywhere on mainstream news. Anyone I’ve shown it to, hadn’t seen it before. As you’ve said, this would have been everywhere if that officer had been white. Even the comment section is completely littered with posts saying she deserved it. So she deserves it if she’s punched in the face by a black officer, but it if he’s a white officer, it’s a vile racist attack.

The American police force has a massive problem within its ranks and it’s not just the white officers committing these crimes.

7 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Make your mind up...

Is it Police brutality that’s the problem, or White Police brutality that’s the problem

If it’s the latter, then you need to rein in your racist posting

White police en-masse are the ones battering protestors. They are now also attacking white protestors which shocked some whites because now they feel more vulnerable to rogue police. 

I see you are keen to muddy the waters on all this though. 

Basically to many white police in the US, black lives don’t matter which the stats back up. Let’s sort that and we can also hold black officers who are rogue to account too as police is reformed in the US.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, kila said:

White police en-masse are the ones battering protestors. They are now also attacking white protestors which shocked some whites because now they feel more vulnerable to rogue police. 

I see you are keen to muddy the waters on all this though. 

Basically to many white police in the US, black lives don’t matter which the stats back up. Let’s sort that and we can also hold black officers who are rogue to account too as police is reformed in the US.

4 officers were charged with being involved in the disgusting murder of George Floyd. 

Two of the officers were white, one is a black and one is Asian...but yet you only see this as a racial killing. The man who committed this despicable act was indeed white, but his Asian partner stood only 2 feet from him watching this poor mans life fade away. You choose to turn a blind eye to this fact.

I show you a video of a black officer assaulting a black woman, your response to this, is to ignore the video and say it’s white police officers en-masse battering protestors🤯🤷🏼‍♂️

Yes there are loads of racist white police officers in the US, I’m definitely not denying that and they need driven out, but you choose to condemn all the decent white officers within their ranks too, shame on you with your racist posts

Black Lives Matter

Police brutality is the problem

49 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Do you think that powerful police unions in the States may be part of the problem?

From the reports I have read that certainly seems to be the case.I don't know about the U.K now but in my Edinburgh Police days the police were not allowed to Unionise but did have an Association. My Department in Canada had a Union, and I dealt with grievances on occasion, some going to Arbitration. I have not seen Arbitration mentioned in any of the U.S. cases I suspect they have to go direct to Court and the subsequent costs may give the Union some advantage due to employers fear of high costs if adjudicated against.

The problem is that all we have in the modern day is finger pointing.

A police brutality video here

A rioting protesters video here

A video reporting the vandalism of a Vietnam memorial from 2 years ago as something that happened this weekend

A video showing an old man being shoved by police then ignored as he lies injured on the ground

Black lives matter

All lives matter

No dialogue. No media outlet apparently suggesting engagement or solutions. Us and them. Black and White. Police v Public

It suits certain elements of the powers that be to ensure division and hatred on both sides. Social media, apparently appears as prone to fakery and hype as mainstream media.

I've always tried to assess news carefully but it's becoming more and more difficult. 

Everyone is highlighting the problems. No one seems to be suggesting solutions.

My daughter is vehemently anti racist as am I , however, as the daughter of a police officer she is now having to come to terms with the re-appearance of ACAB graffiti. How can all cops be *******s when her auld fella, who is a cop isnt a *******?

I totally understand the anger of an individual or indeed a community whose experience of policing has involved violence and oppression. However, it seems to me as ridiculous to tar all cops as *******s as to say all Irishmen are stupid, Scots are tight, Welsh shag sheep etc

11 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

4 officers were charged with being involved in the disgusting murder of George Floyd. 

Two of the officers were white, one is a black and one is Asian...but yet you only see this as a racial killing. The man who committed this despicable act was indeed white, but his Asian partner stood only 2 feet from him watching this poor mans life fade away. You choose to turn a blind eye to this fact.

I show you a video of a black officer assaulting a black woman, your response to this, is to ignore the video and say it’s white police officers en-masse battering protestors🤯🤷🏼‍♂️

Yes there are loads of racist white police officers in the US, I’m definitely not denying that and they need driven out, but you choose to condemn all the decent white officers within their ranks too, shame on you with your racist posts

Black Lives Matter

White privilege is also a part of the problem in our society. We’re getting there as protests like this flare up and highlight the staggering difference. And FWIW I don’t want to argue with you because we’re now pulling on opposite ends when it sounds like we’re wanting the same thing for society.

Police brutality is an issue around the world, especially in China. But again let’s not completely distract from black lives matter campaign and what they are wanting to change in society for the better.

15 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Well if I was still serving and I saw a colleague being attacked that way my protect and serve beliefs would suddenly change and it would become protect my own ass, and be aware whatever color ,race ,origin you are, I will take you out. Shocking disgusting cowardly act, and after what. fourteen days  of discussion and dissing the police that almost makes me change my whole perspective and almost understand police actions.

I have just looked at that again its not even in America, withdraw my statement as written.

Edited by Sharpie

Riccarton3

Looks like footage from Italy. The perpetrators actions seem wildly  at odds to the level of hostility on display. Wonder if they found him ? No one knows on this forum. Part of a story unless it's just to show what can happen when the opportunity arises for, well, we don't know who.

Edited by Riccarton3

luckyBatistuta
20 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It's a "Police" probem, not just a "White Police" problem. 

Correct, that guy never fought back once, didn’t deserve any of that. Too many people ignoring this fact. The police in the US overreact a lot more than our force do, but they have to deal with a lot more volatile life threatening situations than our police do. This however, does not give them the right to behave like thugs and continually act above the law. 

The officers need to be held accountable for their actions, one day they hopefully will.

Another change in the right direction in my opinion, is if they changed their gun laws and maybe then so many cops wouldn’t be so on edge all the time.

J.T.F.Robertson
55 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Believe it's Mexico City. Horrendous!

39 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It's a "Police" probem, not just a "White Police" problem. 

And this? Fekin brutal.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

What the #### is wrong with some people. There are even people trying to stop the other cops helping him too. 😞

Apologies for my earlier comment. I regret specifically highlighting 'white police brutality' which isn't helping the discussion.

Mac_fae_Gillie
5 hours ago, Cade said:

Of course every life is precious.

But BAME people are being disproportionately harassed and killed by police.

That's just the fact of the matter.

That's what's being protested against.

It still happens here too, just not to the same severity as it does over in the States.

British Police have killed 24 people in the last 10years, largest group were Asian 5 of which had just killed others, I.E. Terrorists, London Bridge and Other London attack just prior... more people have been killed in Police vehicle accidents.

The police no doubt stop/search Blacks and Asians way more than Whites but lot of that is down to culture/poverty/attitude, racial profiling is a very natural thing. we all judge people by the way they look that includes clothes, hair , Tattoos etc.. If a copper in London stops more Blacks because he knows black gangs in the area run drugs carry knives is he racist or just playing the odds??

Mac_fae_Gillie

I think it was last year or the year before US cops shot and killed more people in January than British Police had done in the last 55years.. The difference is staggering, bias does exist in all walks of life against Blacks in the UK but really don't think the Police are much more guilty than most just they are more visible.

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

And this? Fekin brutal.

It is!  I know it's intuitive for most people to question authority, especially when you believe you've done absolutely nothing wrong but you have to try and be aware (even if you're not entirely sober) that if you don't you will get ****ed up, and that seems to be the case especially in the US, and especially in these times.  Just comply with the instructions, and it'll most likely be okay.

Working as a cop in the US must be utterly mental, you just need to watch any cop show to see just a fraction of the stuff that goes on.  For the most part they're not dealing with rational folks as they're typically high/drunk/emotional/mentally unstable or a combination of all of the above.  When they do have to deal with seemingly sober/straight folks they often push back.  I haven't even brought up guns!  :lol:  BTW, the last sentence is the elephant in the room for the US, anyway.

4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Black Lives Matter

👏

7 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

So this has been sitting on here for over one hour and not a peep from the usual suspects who cry racist.

5237C2F9-42E2-4EAB-8287-C2B4B9099536.gif

Tbh I only watch videos that usually embed in posts out of mere convenience, I don't usually click links in a post that are not accompanied by some text on what it is.

Anyway I just watched that video and sadly all that'll do is create more race division rather than unity. We need to work things out together rather than escalate the race war among racists even further. But working these things out requires help from people in positions of power who want to make society fairer. I'd wager that the people of power who can impact most change though are white.

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

So this has been sitting on here for over one hour and not a peep from the usual suspects who cry racist.

5237C2F9-42E2-4EAB-8287-C2B4B9099536.gif

I hadn't seen it, but I don't see the relevance TBH.

"Look, blacks can be racist too!" doesn't mean anything, of course racism can come from all angles.

The riots aren't against whites because they're racist and blacks aren't, they're against systematic and institutionalised racism and the oppression of a minority.

luckyBatistuta
8 minutes ago, kila said:

Tbh I only watch videos that usually embed in posts out of mere convenience, I don't usually click links in a post that are not accompanied by some text on what it is.

Anyway I just watched that video and sadly all that'll do is create more race division rather than unity. We need to work things out together rather than escalate the race war among racists even further. But working these things out requires help from people in positions of power who want to make society fairer. I'd wager that the people of power who can impact most change though are white.

Exactly, but folk don’t call it out for what it is, which is him being racist. 

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I hadn't seen it, but I don't see the relevance TBH.

"Look, blacks can be racist too!" doesn't mean anything, of course racism can come from all angles.

The riots aren't against whites because they're racist and blacks aren't, they're against systematic and institutionalised racism and the oppression of a minority.

I totally agree, of course it can come from all angles, I’ve seen quite a few placards at some of these riots with stuff like stop the white violence.

With that link, I was just highlighting the amount of folk on here who are all over certain material, calling out this person and that person as racists. There silence was exactly I as I expected. They’ve been all over these threads today and then nothing in response to a clearly racist video right in front of their eyes. If that had been a white celebrity calling for white people to not shop at or buy from black owned businesses, they would have been all over it. It’s not acceptable, no matter who was to say that.

Unknown user
Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

Exactly, but folk don’t call it out for what it is, which is him being racist. 

I totally agree, of course it can come from all angles, I’ve seen quite a few placards at some of these riots with stuff like stop the white violence.

With that link, I was just highlighting the amount of folk on here who are all over certain material, calling out this person and that person as racists. There silence was exactly I as I expected. They’ve been all over these threads today and then nothing in response to a clearly racist video right in front of their eyes. If that had been a white celebrity calling for white people to not shop at or buy from black owned businesses, they would have been all over it. It’s not acceptable, no matter who was to say that.

Fair enough, I know you're one of the good guys

Posting one video doesn't confirm what kind of problem we have and declare all others null and void ffs. 

To me it's obvious there are issues with:-

Police brutality

White police brutality

Oppression of black and ethnics throughout the world. 

And a whole lot of other linked issues. 

The closest I can probably look to home is my own employer who since the recent past is on a huge drive to get in employees of different race, gender and sexuality. Why? Because as a white, straight male in this world we are probably the only group alive who are not oppressed in the way others are. 

Any group that battles against inequality has my 100% backing. Probably shouldn't be doing it during a ****ing pandemic though. 

You can take AJ's comments to mean one of two things:

One way of looking at it is that he's saying the BAME communities can support each other by spending their dosh in BAME run businesses.

The other way of looking at it is that he's calling for a boycott of white owned businesses.

Without asking him directly which of those he meant, the arguments will just run and run.

The fact that there are three or four threads in the Shed all talking about this and the hysteria from some posters including open calls for machine guns, water cannons and the like just goes to show that they're right to be protesting.

It's clearly an issue.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

When you get to the point of trying to set fire to flags on the cenotaph, you really can have no complaints if you end up taking a baton to the face

luckyBatistuta
10 hours ago, Smithee said:

Fair enough, I know you're one of the good guys

As are you 🤝

Protesters have responded to Trump's new security wall and fence around the White House by covering it with banners, pictures and stories of of police harassment, killings and brutality.

giphy.gif

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Cade said:

Protesters have responded to Trump's new security wall and fence around the White House by covering it with banners, pictures and stories of of police harassment, killings and brutality.

giphy.gif

:pleasing:

jack D and coke
12 hours ago, Cade said:

You can take AJ's comments to mean one of two things:

One way of looking at it is that he's saying the BAME communities can support each other by spending their dosh in BAME run businesses.

The other way of looking at it is that he's calling for a boycott of white owned businesses.

Without asking him directly which of those he meant, the arguments will just run and run.

The fact that there are three or four threads in the Shed all talking about this and the hysteria from some posters including open calls for machine guns, water cannons and the like just goes to show that they're right to be protesting.

It's clearly an issue.

Ive listened to it a few times too and I reckon he sort of changes the tact of it in the second part. He definitely starts out saying people should boycott white business or companies etc then reigns it in a bit. He’ll wriggle his way out of it there’s no doubt about that but just flip it around and imagine Tyson Fury saying something similar and imagine the outrage. He’d probably never get to box again and sponsors would drop him like a hot tattie. It’s not the first time for AJ either he’s got some history with this kind of thing. 
We’re in for some troublesome times in the world I think. 
2020 has been utterly mental let’s hope it doesn’t get worse. 

25 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

2020 has been utterly mental let’s hope it doesn’t get worse. 

Still got a USA presidential election and a no-deal Brexit to enjoy later on

:berra:

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Cade said:

Cannae wait. 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Cade said:

:lol: