Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

13 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

I would suggest we have offered him whatever we can afford. That may not be enough but it's not Hearts fault. 

Hickey has no Hearts heritage and is only a reletively late recruit.

Due to his age I understand he is being advised by his father, who may be looking for more than just financial terms for his son.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Probably Alex Ferguson and Jock Stein. Hearts weren’t too clever at times either. It was fairly normal practice. Some clubs didn’t treat players very well, holding them to cheap contracts and managers tended to be guys who ruled by fear, or had a hard headed board of directors.

The aforementioned Alex Ferguson, in my view, showed remarkable man management of players at Manchester United, post Bosman. He generally managed to keep players motivated and loyal, without the iron clad contracts that had been the norm previously. Apart from the odd exceptions, like David Beckham having a plaster over his eye after an altercation with a flying boot.

McLean had a reputation for snaring young players on long contracts, and being very difficult if an opportunity came for any of them to move on. Duncan Ferguson, for one, had a major spat with him before he got his move.

You may be right about Stein and Fergusson but I only remember McLean being the one attacked for this practice. I'm not sure Beckham and the flying boot, although a very funny incident, relate to his contract. More likely a pish performance that upset demento the red nosed gum chewer. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Releasing Doig looks like to me that it will come back and bite us on the bum.

Said this recently 

4 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

I think i've read that Leo Watson is the next LB up and he looks really good. 

Mr Brightside

Interesting in the interview that Hibs converted Doig from centre half to left back. Must have seen something we didn’t and even if we kept him he might not have progressed if we continued to play him at centre half.

Clerry Jambo
25 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

It could but that’s football i suppose. Sure most clubs have let a player go and he succeeds elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

It could but that’s football i suppose. Sure most clubs have let a player go and he succeeds elsewhere.

Paul Hartley being a prime example

3 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

Said this recently 

Yip Hearts fan as well, never seems to happen Hibs yoof to Hearts, time for a change.

8 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Yip Hearts fan as well, never seems to happen Hibs yoof to Hearts, time for a change.

They were big Hearts fans

Bologna have set Aaron Hickey a deadline of Monday to decide whether he's going to join the Italian side, according to a report.

The Serie A outfit have offered the Hearts full-back a contract and the promise of a place in their first team squad.

Hickey is thought to be weighing up his options having also been targeted by Champions League finalists Bayern Munich.

10 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Kevin De Bruyne

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Plenty of time for Hickey to make up his mind. 

Some mind blowing contracts to consider. 

Best team in world football probably,  looking at him. 

Got a look at Leo Watson last summer. Could actually be a better left back than Hickey if not a better player. 

In other words Hickey I think has plenty more strings to his bow than just a left back 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Plenty of time for Hickey to make up his mind. 

Some mind blowing contracts to consider. 

Best team in world football probably,  looking at him. 

Got a look at Leo Watson last summer. Could actually be a better left back than Hickey if not a better player. 

In other words Hickey I think has plenty more strings to his bow than just a left back 

Nowhere near the standard of Hickey at same age, though I will say with these young players it can just suddenly click.

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Don’t think they have many decent ones, three of the last four to break through were from us. 

Arthur Morgan
12 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Hmm.. they fail at the big team and the wee team picks them up, that's the way I look at it :thumbsup:

Edited by Arthur Morgan

1 minute ago, Walrus said:

Saw that. 

Just underscores the Scottish mentality. Knocking back the European Champions to sign for Celtic. 

****ing embarrassment. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
Just now, Cruyff said:

Chance to go to Bayern Munich and his dad wants him to go to Celtic. 

:vrface:   :vrface:   :vrface:

Dumb and Dumber if he signs for Celtic 

You don't knock back Bayern Munich, European Champions to sign for Celtic. 

You just ****ing don't. 

What an ambition-less waster. 

Vlad the impaler

Why can’t we as a club refuse to sell him to them and say if you want to leave it needs to be a team out with the country! I’d rather keep him for a season just get the development fee than sell to them

WoolfordsHearts
1 minute ago, OTT said:

You don't knock back Bayern Munich, European Champions to sign for Celtic. 

You just ****ing don't. 

What an ambition-less waster. 

Which probably means they weren't interested in him and it was pure fantasy paper talk.

If Celtic know he only has eyes for them, their bid will be a penny more than the development fee. 

If they refuse a sell on fee, bench him for the entire season. Its better than the pittance they're prepared to offer. 

3 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

Which probably means they weren't interested in him and it was pure fantasy paper talk.

He went to Munich and met with them. Not fantasy.

LarrysRightFoot

No idea if this is true - last week it was reported he was signing for Bayern - however, if it is he should do the honourable thing and insist on a 30% sell on fee for us in his contract (I’m sure the club will also push for a sell on fee).   

WoolfordsHearts
2 minutes ago, Homme said:

He went to Munich and met with them. Not fantasy.

And went to Bologna aswell.

And Man City.

He gets about..

CanadianJamTart

But then here we have an article he has no interest in Celtic. Too much nonsense from journalists right now. Will have to wait and see. Though the article does say “not Celtic” and quotes the Sunday Post haha. Shambles

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/08/24/report-suggests-player-does-not-want-celtic-move/%3Famp

Edited by CanadianJamTart

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

And went to Bologna aswell.

And Man City.

He gets about..

Considering he's been in every training video.

Hickey is going to do whats right for Hickey, but the lad has everything to make it to a high level. Celtic is not a high level. Its shooting fish in a barrel domestically and getting pumped in Europe once you've passed the Icelandic teams. 

Scott Brown could have been a true Scotland great had he had the bottle to try his luck down South. Hickey needs to go to Bayern or Bologna, so much talent that will be wasted bench warming at Celtic.

He needs to hold his nerve and push for the move to Bayern, by 20 if it doesn't work out he could still end up back here or at Celtic. If it does, then he'll be knocking on the door for Robertson's starting place. 

Lets not forget, we don't have an international right back of any real quality and he is two footed. 

Vlad the impaler

It wouldn’t surprise me if Celtic were talking to him unbeknown to hearts! Convince him to come and then he tells Hearts the only club he’s going to so hearts need to accept any bid....seen it all before. That’s why they kept low balling hibs for McGinn,they were convinced he only wanted to join them!

Hectormasson
26 minutes ago, OTT said:

Saw that. 

Just underscores the Scottish mentality. Knocking back the European Champions to sign for Celtic. 

****ing embarrassment. 

Get him too f....k asap!!!!!