Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

1 hour ago, OTT said:

I just want this done and dusted now. Its dragging on and I'm getting nervous it may not end up being a foreign move.. 

If he's in any doubt I think we all know where he's going. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Is it not right that Hearts already accepted bids from the foremost clubs, then all that's left is for Hickey to wrangle out contract details involving assurances of game time.  

Must be the agent that's holding it up plus Hickey obviously.  Hopefully it gets done by Friday.  I am thinking he might do a move to Bologna if that's them come back with assurances.

Maybe Bayern just focussing on something else this week?

49 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

There was an article online earlier in the week saying Bologna were looking at a transfer figure of £1.8 million.

Yeah, I saw that too. Think that’s the exchange rate on €2m. 

I think the other big clubs are offering similar amounts, from the bits and pieces I’ve read.

Then there’s the mhanks who have put a few bids in already, and their highest so far has been £400k. Minus their sell on, it works out between £280 and £300k. Of course, they know he’s from a Celtic family and he’s hired an agent who’s track record appears to be ‘get everyone on your books to Celtic Park’.

As others have said, it seems safe to assume that acceptable offers have been received by the club, considering that they have given him permission to travel to Bologna and Bayern. Hence the ball is now in Hickeys court.

If he refuses, he still doesn't get to talk to Celtic, until they offer up an acceptable bid. I've got a work colleague who's adamant that Celtic have put a 'head turning' offer to him...I don't get it...they can't do that until they have made an acceptable offer and given permission to speak to him. Of course, if true, they will have made contact with his celtic friendly agent and put this to him, but I'd be amazed if that made it out into the public domain...surely they'd get crucified for illegal tapping.

For all that, surely it has to be Bayern. Those opportunities only come along once in a lifetime.

This celtic banger at my work can't see the attraction of going to Munich over the east end of weegie. The arrogance and delusion is breathtaking.

4 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

This is by far my biggest concern when it comes to the idea that we should sell him ASAP even if it’s just for £280k (what we would see) to Celtic. 

Hickey for another season, or £280k spent on three Championship level players? Not a difficult decision as far as I’m concerned.

Why don’t we just give him away for free. There would be no transfer fee involved and Hickey could go for nothing but with a caveat that the club he goes to, must make a charitable donation of £2M  to our club to help finish the main stand? 

7 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Why don’t we just give him away for free. There would be no transfer fee involved and Hickey could go for nothing but with a caveat that the club he goes to, must make a charitable donation of £2M  to our club to help finish the main stand? 

Wish I had a brain that size.  Brilliant.  There is a snag though.  If the authorities think it's a device to avoid Celtic getting a share, they be down on us like a ton of moronic neds.

5 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Creative. :D 

End of the day, if he did end up at Celtic for peanuts, they’d pop him on the park for for the last three minutes of one of their annual CL pumpings within six months of signing him, then he’d get a Scotland cap, and they’d slap a £10m price tag on his head. He absolutely must not be sold to Celtic. 

18 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Just goes to show how much they value the boys ability especially as he lacks genuine pace

What’s the difference between genuine and false pace? 

Italian Lambretta
45 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Just goes to show how much they value the boys ability especially as he lacks genuine pace

I thought his pace was very impressive as he ran towards the jubilant Hearts fans after scoring the winner at the methadome😁

If he stays with us for one more season then moves to the victims for nowt, are we due a development fee? If so are Celtic due any of that fee or do they get that discounted to compensate for the sell on?

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

What’s the difference between genuine and false pace

Shankly described it thus. When doing his subbuteo team talk V Man U whenever he picked up Paddy Crerrand (or the little plastic subbuteo player) he'd say aye lads, watch that Crerrand. He's deceptive, he's slower than you think. 

2 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

lacks pace ?  I must be blind

37 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Shankly described it thus. When doing his subbuteo team talk V Man U whenever he picked up Paddy Crerrand (or the little plastic subbuteo player) he'd say aye lads, watch that Crerrand. He's deceptive, he's slower than you think. 

🤣

9 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

When WE own the club first rule is: never sell to the OF.    😑

Don’t think that is in the FoH constitution. 😄

12 hours ago, davemclaren said:

What’s the difference between genuine and false pace? 

It's a bit like a player being average or very average.

pettigrewsstylist

Well he has plenty of examples of how  much pitch time he will get at Darkheid. We could of course tell him hes not going there, if it really comes to that.

Maybe he should have a wee look in the papers to see all the love their last dyed in the blood, golden boy left back has gotten since he left to further his career...

9 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I believe he doesn’t lack pace

Disagree. But I think his football brain ensures he’s not often made to look like he’s running in treacle. He positions himself excellently and reads the game well to ensure not many get the better of him

2 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Disagree. But I think his football brain ensures he’s not often made to look like he’s running in treacle. He positions himself excellently and reads the game well to ensure not many get the better of him

I agree with you. He's definitely not quick, but gets away with it due to positioning. You can see it when he's got himself out of position that he then makes errors trying to recover. That will come with more experience though hopefully.

He's wonderful on the ball but off it I think he's still got a lot of work to do. As you'd expect at his age.

Harry Potter
10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I agree with you. He's definitely not quick, but gets away with it due to positioning. You can see it when he's got himself out of position that he then makes errors trying to recover. That will come with more experience though hopefully.

He's wonderful on the ball but off it I think he's still got a lot of work to do. As you'd expect at his age.

Aye Taffin he will certainly improve with age.

Expearience is the big factor with the lad.

Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, Gav M said:

pinching part of an idea from earlier, could we give him to Bayern for free and then get them to donate to FoH anonymously?

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say we're not going to undertake an illegal transfer just to spite Celtic out a few hundred grand. 

6 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say we're not going to undertake an illegal transfer just to spite Celtic out a few hundred grand. 

apologies, that was meant tongue in cheek as I am aware that the club will not be partaking in illegal activities.

10 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

I prefer the idea that we could loan him for a year for an undisclosed fee (£1.4m) with an obligation to buy for the £400k Celtic feel was a reasonable offer to be making. 

How could they complain to the SFA about the price they were offering in the first place 😜 

Mad stuff.  I thought Bayern already had their bid accepted.  They are only just going to make it formal in the next 48 hours.  It must be that Bologna have made their bid formal already, I am easily lost in the media crap 😕 I am hoping Bayern match the 1.8m supposedly accepted from Bologna.  Some sort of special deal involving add-ons, %sell-on, initial fee ;) Then a wallop of dosh next year as was said before.

All we need now is another few clubs to come in late and stall it for another 1-2 weeks :uhoh2:

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Mad stuff.  I thought Bayern already had their bid accepted.  They are only just going to make it formal in the next 48 hours.  It must be that Bologna have made their bid formal already, I am easily lost in the media crap 😕 I am hoping Bayern match the 1.8m supposedly accepted from Bologna.  Some sort of special deal involving add-ons, %sell-on, initial fee ;) Then a wallop of dosh next year as was said before.

All we need now is another few clubs to come in late and stall it for another 1-2 weeks :uhoh2:

I suspect that Bayern have already spoken to Hearts, both clubs have a rough figure for what we want, we know Bayern are happy to pay around that. So we let Hickey go to visit Bayern, talk terms etc. Now he is happy to move there, Bayern offer at the low end of what we want, we negotiate with them, probably with as you say add ons such as sell on, pay out if he plays for the first team etc that makes the deal potentially worth much more then the stated fee.

1 hour ago, Riddley Walker said:

Taxman may be interested in that idea.

Personally wouldn't believe anything Bologna say. They've probably not even made a bid. 

Bayern, I'd imagine will be very professional in their dealings. 

jamboinglasgow

On a side note, just seen another 18 year Scottish youth international will be playing in Europe this season, Man City's Lewis Fiorini will play 2nd tier Dutch football for NAC Breda, on loan.

edit: just seen he will come up against 22 year old Scot Frank Ross (who just left Aberdeen) who has just signed for Go Ahead Eagles.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Hickey isn’t slow but not lightning either.  I don’t think the latter matters too much but there’s a fixation with pace these days. 

You look at some of the recovery blocks/tackles he makes when a winger has taken him down the outside. It doesn’t suggest to me he’s not got enough pace. 

I remember one game last season where he was forced to defend for almost the entire 90 minutes v Motherwell’s really quick winger at Tynie. 

He came out on top in the end and it was actually a great battle they had over the 90 minutes with the winger ending up frustrated. As mentioned, a combination of Hickey’s positioning and enough pace to match thwarted many attempts to burst past him. 

Edited by Debut 4

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

On a side note, just seen another 18 year Scottish youth international will be playing in Europe this season, Man City's Lewis Fiorini will play 2nd tier Dutch football for NAC Breda, on loan.

edit: just seen he will come up against 22 year old Scot Frank Ross (who just left Aberdeen) who has just signed for Go Ahead Eagles.

He absolutely must make it. A Fiorini playing for Scotland would be fantastic.

Byyy The Light
30 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Hickey isn’t slow but not lightning either.  I don’t think the latter matters too much but there’s a fixation with pace these days. 

You look at some of the recovery blocks/tackles he makes when a winger has taken him down the outside. It doesn’t suggest to me he’s not got enough pace. 

I remember one game last season where he was forced to defend for almost the entire 90 minutes v Motherwell’s really quick winger at Tynie. 

He came out on top in the end and it was actually a great battle they had over the 90 minutes with the winger ending up frustrated. As mentioned, a combination of Hickey’s positioning and enough pace to match thwarted many attempts to burst past him. 

I agree with you. That guy can't get a game for Newcastle though. There's still another few levels to go after that.  A fullback is expected to go flying past defenders at the other end too these days. It's not about managing to snuff out a few crosses nowadays.

7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

According to Monda Primavera in Italy Bologna are competing with Bayern,Man City,PSG and Milan for Hickey:yas:

Inter or GTF!

8 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

According to Monda Primavera in Italy Bologna are competing with Bayern,Man City,PSG and Milan for Hickey:yas:

Amazing really, start the bidding at 3 million pennies for these guys !!

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Where did PSG come from, big clubs after him.

3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Where did PSG come from, big clubs after him.

Think that might be a misunderstanding over the Lyon interest? 🤷‍♂️

Leveins Battalion

An impossible mission, true, perhaps, but it is equally true that nothing is impossible. So while the other suitors are 'distracted' by other deals and finals to play, Bologna attempt to deliver the decisive blow for the Heart of Midlothian defensive joker: Aaron Hickey. Lazio, Milan, for the Italians, but also M. City, P.S.G. and Bayern Munich, to name a few foreigners; a feat against 'Goliath' for the little 'David' felsineo. Of these, it would seem the Germans who are ahead of 2002, as Sky Sportsreports, but the Rossoblu club does not give up (as reported by GianlucaDiMarzio.com)and wants to try to close quickly, before Sunday evening, possibly, when the Final of the Champion's League between the German team and the other pretender for the young man, Paris Saint Germain, is played. Remember that the youngster from January will be able to freely choose where to play in the '21/'22 season, as his contract expires next June, but he certainly won't wait another year to move since he would play in the Scottish Serie B this year, plus a sale would now bring cash to the club. It is up to him to decide whether the mission to Bologna may be impossible... or possible.

Defensive Joker:gok:

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

An impossible mission, true, perhaps, but it is equally true that nothing is impossible. So while the other suitors are 'distracted' by other deals and finals to play, Bologna attempt to deliver the decisive blow for the Heart of Midlothian defensive joker: Aaron Hickey. Lazio, Milan, for the Italians, but also M. City, P.S.G. and Bayern Munich, to name a few foreigners; a feat against 'Goliath' for the little 'David' felsineo. Of these, it would seem the Germans who are ahead of 2002, as Sky Sportsreports, but the Rossoblu club does not give up (as reported by GianlucaDiMarzio.com)and wants to try to close quickly, before Sunday evening, possibly, when the Final of the Champion's League between the German team and the other pretender for the young man, Paris Saint Germain, is played. Remember that the youngster from January will be able to freely choose where to play in the '21/'22 season, as his contract expires next June, but he certainly won't wait another year to move since he would play in the Scottish Serie B this year, plus a sale would now bring cash to the club. It is up to him to decide whether the mission to Bologna may be impossible... or possible.

Defensive Joker:gok:

Can we now call the Championship Scottish Serie B

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

He absolutely must make it. A Fiorini playing for Scotland would be fantastic.

If you like that name, I found out a few days ago that a player is training with Atletic Bilbao first team from their youth ranks whose Mother is Scottish and father is Spanish, called Ewan Urain (though in Spain your full name both your fathers and mothers surname so is strictly Ewan Urain Aird.)

Still the funnest name I hope plays for Scotland is the youth capped Scottish player at Watford, Sonny Blu Lo Everton. Fantastic name.

19 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

When WE own the club first rule is: never sell to the OF.    😑

If it was up to me, I would amend that.  We will sell, but at a premium.  As direct rivals, we deserve more compensation.  So to clubs out with Scotland, £2 million, to either of them, £3 million, just to open talks.