SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

HEARTS FOREVER

Unless theres something going on we dont know about....we have been made to look like fools time after time in the debacle. This latest apparent boot in the balls is excruciating.

If we dont fight this or come up with an answer....it will be a fuxking travesty.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Genuinely is rather that before helping any team who’ve ****ed us over

Being demoted early and placed into a league that can’t play football was what we would have nailed them on.

Don’t understand this at all.

16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Utterly ****ing bizarre if true, by ensuring the championship can go ahead both reconstruction and the court case is fatally undermined.. and to make it worse - a close ally of the club is actually helping teams who have utterly shafted us. 

It's not really. Just looking at the compensation claim (which is only one part of any likely action), that reduces our claim by around £110,000. A bit more if premiership teams get nothing. 

Ann Budge has already indicated that our losses in year one would be £3-4m.

Just now, EC_Hearts said:

Horrible feeling that you've forgotten one

"Accept no promotion / relegation between premier and championship due to a shortened season"

Would anyone be surprised given whats went on

The final shafting of Hearts in the mother of all shaftings. Wouldn’t bet against it, genuinely so fed up now. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Giving Rangers money for testing when they just spunked 3m on Hagi? And helping out the rest of they snakey *******s...

FrightenedMinorAmericanbittern-small.gif

it’s unbelievable. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think something so ****ing stupid would happen..

if AB and JA thought hearts fans would be pleased at this outcome they have badly understood football.

again, I don’t want to undermine the kindness JA has shown hearts to date.. but this decision will effectively cost us every penny of the money he has gifted over the past few years.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

it’s unbelievable. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think something so ****ing stupid would happen..

if AB and JA thought hearts fans would be pleased at this outcome they have badly understood football.

again, I don’t want to undermine the kindness JA has shown hearts to date.. but this decision will effectively cost us every penny of the money he has gifted over the past few years.

Don't think he got rich by not thinking 

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Be patient,  wait and see,  imagination running wild 

It’s not just the imagination running wild tho is it ? 

Looks like it’s going to be up to us the fans to make sure none of these chairmen are smiling this coming season by not lining their pockets even more!!

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I realise that article could be utter shite, but if it's true I'll be furious, not that that counts for much. 

Don't see Budge surviving it tbh, then the benefactor will go. I'd love a chairman like Daniel Levy, a PHM that's absolutely ruthless and would put us first.

Guest ToqueJambo

This is all very mystifying in terms of how it affects us. I guess the intention of all this is to focus minds around who can start a season and who can't. The money is there for testing, which seemed to be the barrier. We should also be buying some goodwill, you'd think.

If a number of Championship and lower league clubs, or even Premiership clubs, still can't commit to starting the season because they can't afford to without crowds, that surely makes reconstruction the final and only option? I think we might be creeping toward a kind of forced reconstruction. If not, off to court we go for compensation if the SPFL and other clubs play hardball over that. We have various clubs on record saying our demotion was unfair and compensation should be due.

Seem to be two options now - 1 - league reconstruction goes through either because it has to or they vote for it or 2 - no reconstruction, we're in the championship (which can now start) and we sue for compensation.

CavySlaveJambo

Well considering the same paper has said two dates for starting the lower leagues within three or four days shows how much they actually know.   

Hopefully there will be some leak from the meeting tomorrow. Or some official comment from the SPFL.

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Looks like it’s going to be up to us the fans to make sure none of these chairmen are smiling this coming season by not lining their pockets even more!!

And if there is no one allowed at games anyway as seems increasingly likely we won’t even be able to make that point

I'm not getting this.   If over £4m is being offered (roughly 100 odd grand each) why do the clubs have to take three days to think about it.  I think there's something else that no one is mentioning.  

20 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Giving Rangers money for testing when they just spunked 3m on Hagi? And helping out the rest of they snakey *******s...

FrightenedMinorAmericanbittern-small.gif

Good point.  Whilst Celtic are trying to buy buy buy.  Although they have to cos they might lose a 58 million asset of a player.  I feel sorry for them both, lets help them!

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

And if there is no one allowed at games anyway as seems increasingly likely we won’t even be able to make that point

That’s true 

Heartsmad1874

The notion of this reported circa 4M just covering testing is not going to be good news for teams like Qos and Dunfermline, think Queens have 3 players, if they are expected to start on time where does the money for new players come from?

Even top flight teams like Motherwell and Killie have just over 10 players now, be interesting to see how it all plays out but it certainly has been a very bizarre few days.

Pans Jambo

Think I will just wait & see whats going to happen later on this week. Cheers. 

indianajones

It'll be money and reconstruction or nothing surely?

Either way we need to take the league to the cleaners in court. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is all very mystifying in terms of how it affects us. I guess the intention of all this is to focus minds around who can start a season and who can't. The money is there for testing, which seemed to be the barrier. We should also be buying some goodwill, you'd think.

If a number of Championship and lower league clubs, or even Premiership clubs, still can't commit to starting the season because they can't afford to without crowds, that surely makes reconstruction the final and only option? I think we might be creeping toward a kind of forced reconstruction. If not, off to court we go for compensation if the SPFL and other clubs play hardball over that. We have various clubs on record saying our demotion was unfair and compensation should be due.

Seem to be two options now - 1 - league reconstruction goes through either because it has to or they vote for it or 2 - no reconstruction, we're in the championship (which can now start) and we sue for compensation.

We sue the same clubs for compensation, that a major investor in the club, and a close friend of our chairwoman has just provided a huge strong free gift to? 

we’ve just gives a strong free gift to Celtic, to Rangers, to Hibs, to Stmirren. And all of the other ***** who’ve lined up to give us a kicking 🤢🤮

Fozzyonthefence

So our main benefactor is going to be funding Hibs, Rangers, and Celtic amongst others to the tune of £110k.  And we won’t start in the Championship until October?  Wtaf is going on here?!  I’m getting closer by the day to just turning my back on the whole thing. It’s getting too depressing catching up with the all latest developments, bad news after bad news, no mark CEOs and chairmen lining up to take a pop at us for no logical reason.

22 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

Has it been confirm that any money will be split between 42 member clubs?  if so in my Opinion that is wrong why should rangers Celtic even Aberdeen Hibs or any teams in the premiership get any of it 

I agree .

I was happy when I thought the money was to help the lower league teams.

In my mind that meant we were ensuring we had a second tier to play in.

Why is a benefactor sourced by our owner giving money to teams like

Celtic,Rangers,Aberdeen and Hibs and all the teams who are dancing on our grave.

If there is a grand plan it's a very clever one.😩

35 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I’m really missing your point on this. He already knows how some of them will react, because he’s seen and heard them.

You make it sound as if he is carrying out some kind of social experiment, for what purpose?

I think he’s only involved in Scottish Football at all, because he puts money in to pots where there are people who share his morals and principles. That’s what Hearts are under Ann Budge. He’s already distributed nearly ten million that we know of, and he’s pledged to assist us for another five years on top of that. What was/is his purpose for that?

His involvement with the SPFL is through his relationship with us. I think he’s only here for them because of Ann Budge. I think he will help them out this one time, and then he will decide whether or not he wants to help further, based on their attitude and behaviour, afterwards.

From what I’ve read on him, and his fund, he’s all about funding those who try and do good. I think he’s only involved with the SPFL now, at Ann’s request.

10 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Tanner is another thick half wit who fails to understand almost everything outwith the arse cheeks. On Saturday AB made it clear her recon document was more of a discussion document for clubs to say what they dislike or like and for ideas to be brought forth to make it better for all. He (Tannerba'heid) makes t sound like it's her plan or no plan and that's never been the case. 

Is it a qualification to be a sports journalist in Scotland that you don't read any of your subject matter? 

It would certainly look that way Seymour  - dearie me!!

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

It'll be money and reconstruction or nothing surely?

Either way we need to take the league to the cleaners in court. 

The money is not conditional on reconstruction and of course, if it was, that would constitute a bribe.  It will be money to all clubs with no reconstruction. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We sue the same clubs for compensation, that a major investor in the club, and a close friend of our chairwoman has just provided a huge strong free gift to? 

we’ve just gives a strong free gift to Celtic, to Rangers, to Hibs, to Stmirren. And all of the other ***** who’ve lined up to give us a kicking 🤢🤮

This is the weird bit, but I think there are two things at work here. Try to get the leagues to a position where we can have football again, ideally with reconstruction. If reconstruction is rejected we can rightly sue for compensation. The money given to the league was so football to restart. Suing for compensation doesn't affect that and can still happen.

If we just take JA's money ourselves what's the point with no league to play in potentially? Especially as he and others seems o be willing to bankroll us anyhow. This is all about having football again. It's more of a gift to fans IMO.

Compensation can be sorted later through the courts if needed. They'll have to give up prize money, ask Celtic and richer clubs to chip in or whatever. Personally I think the clubs that have benefited financially the most (at our and others expense) from the decision to end the league early, Celtic, Motherwell, Aberdeen, St Mirren, Ross County, Hamilton and Dundee Utd should have to pay us.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Anyway, I am not diving into the pool of panic just yet.  It's looking critical now to what happens next, just like it was said.  

I am going to stay....

🧊🥒

heatonjambo
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You beat me to it mr K on this point

im a few beers in so apoplectic with rage.

im at a total loss as to what is going on and what is going to happen.

to my mind st mirren, Lillie, st johonstone, etc cant survive without cash support.
That’s clear by giving over more of their ground to the old firm 4 times a year to survive.
thats Without even paying for future testing and playing BCD

therfore to ensure the sky monies are paid these clubs need mr Anderson’s monies to survive to ensure TV games. It appearsthat Doncaster has won on this point

However without these monies they couldn’t play and should be/and would be demoted. They are now not going to be because of our introduction 

they now appear to be saved.

we are going to stay in the championship and can’t  even punish our transgressors  For two years.

we most not forget this when crowds return and we return to the premiership 

piss poor rant over

jamboinglasgow

Must admit, I am wondering what the plan is here. From the Sun's story it appears we facilitated someone who is giving money to ensure all clubs survive which could weaken our court case but does mean we can get the league played and carry on for the rest of the season. 

But I cant help think there is more to this then meets the eye, that there is a trick up our sleeve. I also wonder if the SPFL are hiding something from the public about talks, they are just trying to spin it their way.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is the weird bit, but I think there are two things at work here. Try to get the leagues to a position where we can have football again, ideally with reconstruction. If reconstruction is rejected we can rightly sue for compensation. The money given to the league was so football to restart. Suing for compensation doesn't affect that and can still happen.

If we just take JA's money ourselves what's the point with no league to play in potentially? Especially as he and others seems o be willing to bankroll us anyhow. This is all about having football again. It's more of a gift to fans IMO.

Compensation can be sorted later through the courts if needed. They'll have to give up prize money, ask Celtic and richer clubs to chip in or whatever. Personally I think the clubs that have benefited financially the most (at our and others expense) from the decision to end the league early, Celtic, Motherwell, Aberdeen, St Mirren, Ross County, Hamilton and Dundee Utd should have to pay us.

I’d rather sit out the season than have helped teams who are our enemies. 

it’s not a gift to hearts fans, it’s a betrayal.

annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is the weird bit, but I think there are two things at work here. Try to get the leagues to a position where we can have football again, ideally with reconstruction. If reconstruction is rejected we can rightly sue for compensation. The money given to the league was so football to restart. Suing for compensation doesn't affect that. They'll have to give up prize money, ask Celtic and richer clubs to chip in or whatever.

If we just take JA's money ourselves what's the point with no league to play in potentially? Especially as he and others seems o be willing to bankroll us anyhow. This is all about having football again.

Personally I think the clubs that have benefited financially the most (at our and others expense) from the decision to end the league early, Celtic, Motherwell, Aberdeen, St Mirren, Ross County, Hamilton and Dundee Utd should have to pay us.

This where I'm at.

This cash /support removes the "we can't afford to test , so we can't afford to play" excuse.  If Hearts  can't get out of the Championship any talk of NOT playing until the new year (or whenever) just went out the window and Hearts will be sitting ready to play football when the green light comes. The other clubs better be ready too. 

31 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Be patient,  wait and see,  imagination running wild 

Indeed. Looks like we’ve got the worst case scenario covered - lose the court case, no championship til at least January. This is still going to court. 

Guest ToqueJambo

I’d rather sit out the season than have helped teams who are our enemies. 

it’s not a gift to hearts fans, it’s a betrayal.

I honestly think the purpose is to remove the main barrier to the league playing. If some clubs still can't play then that will force reconstruction.

The alternative is no football and we sue the league who have no money to pay us. This way, football happens, the league gets money and it's us who made it happen. We can then fire ahead with our attempts to get compensation from the money the league gets through football happening. Or something. Who knows. It's all very strange. 

Heartsmad1874
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Must admit, I am wondering what the plan is here. From the Sun's story it appears we facilitated someone who is giving money to ensure all clubs survive which could weaken our court case but does mean we can get the league played and carry on for the rest of the season. 

But I cant help think there is more to this then meets the eye, that there is a trick up our sleeve. I also wonder if the SPFL are hiding something from the public about talks, they are just trying to spin it their way.

We need to hear from the club before the week is out imo, we are on the ropes and we need to start punching back i.e. reconstruction is dead and launch legal action. We can’t keep sitting on our hands with the legal action threat, all avenues have been exhausted imo, this is one last ditch attempt to make sure a majority of 42 members are against reconstruction rather than the first time where Premiership clubs knocked it on the head.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Heartsmad1874 said:

We need to hear from the club before the week is out imo, we are on the ropes and we need to start punching back i.e. reconstruction is dead and launch legal action we can’t keep sitting on our hands with the legal action threat, all avenues have been exhausted imo this is one last ditch attempt to make sure a majority of 42 members are against reconstruction rather than the first time where Premiership clubs knocked it on the head.

I wouldn't say we are on the ropes yet. This has a long way to go to finishing, its just trying to figure out what our strategy is. We know the legal case is the big action.

Just to add to this, JA invested in Tesla in 2013 and BG are now their second biggest shareholder. He’s on first name terms with Mark Zuckerberg and Jeff Bezos, while Jack Ma gives him tips on Chinese start ups. He’s not being outthought by someone (McLennan) who destroyed the Daily Telegraph and can’t use a ****ing mobile phone. I don’t know the end game but JA is not (along with others) pumping £9m into us to see us ****ed over. 

12 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I agree .

I was happy when I thought the money was to help the lower league teams.

In my mind that meant we were ensuring we had a second tier to play in.

Why is a benefactor sourced by our owner giving money to teams like

Celtic,Rangers,Aberdeen and Hibs and all the teams who are dancing on our grave.

If there is a grand plan it's a very clever one.😩

100% mate teams are actively ****ing us over and we bring someone to the SPFL that will gift them millions 

and you can just see Doncaster getting Champion for his work in saving the game 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

We need to hear from the club before the week is out imo, we are on the ropes and we need to start punching back i.e. reconstruction is dead and launch legal action we can’t keep sitting on our hands with the legal action threat, all avenues have been exhausted imo this is one last ditch attempt to make sure a majority of 42 members are against reconstruction rather than the first time where Premiership clubs knocked it on the head.

Don't think there's anything to say until it's sorted. With the timing of the donation, the clubs can discuss reconstruction in the knowledge that there is money for testing. If some clubs fess up that they still don't think they can afford to restart until there are fans, then that will factor into decisions on reconstruction. My big worry is only the leagues below the Premiership end up reconstructing which would be a real kick in the teeth. But then we sue.

Edited by ToqueJambo

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

Just to add to this, JA invested in Tesla in 2013 and BG are now their second biggest shareholder. He’s on first name terms with Mark Zuckerberg and Jeff Bezos, while Jack Ma gives him tips on Chinese start ups. He’s not being outthought by someone (McLennan) who destroyed the Daily Telegraph and can’t use a ****ing mobile phone. I don’t know the end game but JA is not (along with others) pumping £9m into us to see us ****ed over. 

You are probably right but it's a weird strategy.

Of course the newspapers could be embellishing the story about how the cash is being dispensed.

If it's purely to cover the cost of testing and keeping stadia up to safety standards then  Celtic and Ross County have already made their own arrangements.

Just now, luckydug said:

Of course the newspapers could be embellishing the story about how the cash is being dispensed.

If it's purely to cover the cost of testing and keeping stadia up to safety standards then  Celtic and Ross County have already made their own arrangements.

Strategy is for the long term. Ignore whatever the **** the sun and the record are saying, relax and see how it plays out. If (and I very much doubt it) JA sees us ****ed over and helps the clubs that did it, that’s the time to go mental. 

GorgieRules22
3 minutes ago, Zico said:

Strategy is for the long term. Ignore whatever the **** the sun and the record are saying, relax and see how it plays out. If (and I very much doubt it) JA sees us ****ed over and helps the clubs that did it, that’s the time to go mental. 

But you would agree that right now that is how it looks and anything else is just pure guesswork.

I’ve got a feeling ...... 14:12:16 

Season 20/21

Prem play twice split 6/8, 36/40 games

Ch. play twice split 6/6 32 games

1st play twice 30 games

Then season 21/22 ..... who knows!

32 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

The notion of this reported circa 4M just covering testing is not going to be good news for teams like Qos and Dunfermline, think Queens have 3 players, if they are expected to start on time where does the money for new players come from?

Even top flight teams like Motherwell and Killie have just over 10 players now, be interesting to see how it all plays out but it certainly has been a very bizarre few days.

Money for new players? Why would they need money for new players?

There's thousands of guys who play football and do it for nothing, they don't have to be professional players.

46 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You do have to question and wonder what the strategy is here. Our benefactor suddenly wants to plough millions into the lower leagues to help clubs survive who for the most part Voted to expel us, which costs us a big chunk of his previous donations to us.

You can only assume the motivation here is to ensure a championship can start fairly soon BCD And we get to play a full season. Hes also obviously the one who has guaranteed we’ll be liquid for the next 5 years.

if that’s the case it makes no sense for us then to go to court, potentially winning back all the money JA donated and leaving clubs back at square one.

It makes no sense strategically, unless JA has dissuaded AB from going to court and he is covering the losses. That to me leaves us looking very weak as a club and allows this whole shambles to be swept under the carpet.

If Ann Budge doesn't take us to court - presumably we can still do so once we're fan-owned?

There oughtn't to be a time limit on this kind of case...is there?

Legally, that is - not necessarily suggesting it'll be a good idea :lol: 

Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

But you would agree that right now that is how it looks and anything else is just pure guesswork.

Of course it’s guesswork. But given what he (and others) have already done for the club, does he not deserve the benefit of the doubt against  whatever is being said in The Sun? 

12 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Celtic and County will have the same costs as every other club going forward. They only bought test machines, they still need to buy the tests.

Edit: Sorry, obviously their costs will not include the service cost of testing.

Edited by graygo

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, Zico said:

Of course it’s guesswork. But given what he (and others) have already done for the club, does he not deserve the benefit of the doubt against  whatever is being said in The Sun? 

Of course he does but all we can do is read what is printed and it’s been bad news after bad news every day/week. It’s all actually getting gradually worse aswell.

Jamboelite

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493beed4d69cba4ca960a3

See you in a few days no ****ing way can i handle the way this is going.

Saving teams and a board that ****ed us...no thanks.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

You do have to question and wonder what the strategy is here. Our benefactor suddenly wants to plough millions into the lower leagues to help clubs survive who for the most part Voted to expel us, which costs us a big chunk of his previous donations to us.

You can only assume the motivation here is to ensure a championship can start fairly soon BCD And we get to play a full season. Hes also obviously the one who has guaranteed we’ll be liquid for the next 5 years.

if that’s the case it makes no sense for us then to go to court, potentially winning back all the money JA donated and leaving clubs back at square one.

It makes no sense strategically, unless JA has dissuaded AB from going to court and he is covering the losses. That to me leaves us looking very weak as a club and allows this whole shambles to be swept under the carpet.

Is JA actually a Hearts fan?

Does he care about success, does he care about winning and losing? Or is it just enough that we have a club that people can watch every other week and have a jolly nice time regardless of result... In which case the division we are in is immaterial.

Our biggest problem over the past 5 years is that as a club we have become soft as shit...but this is taking things to a whole new level.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )