SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

55 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I don't know about the reporter BUT I hope every single jambo is taking the filth perpetuated but people like this chunt ! These are people who have nothing but bad in their thinking about Hearts... not the position we were in when we were voted out! How can anybody say that a team deserves something that, if the season could have been concluded, may have thrown up a totally different picture... I take it his team were stelar ? These vermin need exterminating Adolf... for all his faults did have the right idea!

Eh? 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

We're overdue the next bowling club treasurer coming out with a rant against self interest and a rant about a lack of inducements coming his way.     Are all the clubs having their prize giving dinners on the quiet?

4 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

I mentioned this a few weeks back but don't mind reminding folk.   Fitzpatrick was manager of St.Mirren when they finished bottom of the top flight in the 1990-91 season.  They were spared relegation because the league increased from 10 to 12 teams.  Prick.

Fun fact.

Hibs were bottom when that was announced in 1991. 

But St Mirren finished 6 points behind on pitiful 19 points. 8 points from safety in normal league with 2 relegation. 

indianajones

Some sheep shagging arsehole up here on the radio wishing we would stop moaning about being relegated. 

The same Aberdeen that were saved from relegation in the 90's. 

Short memory eh?

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

He never replied to my follow up with the pic of the Celtic club shop or mentioning of their 86 celebrations.

I feel Tony didn't have the same feeling of friendship 😭😃

He was probably away celebrating 9iar.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

I mentioned this a few weeks back but don't mind reminding folk.   Fitzpatrick was manager of St.Mirren when they finished bottom of the top flight in the 1990-91 season.  They were spared relegation because the league increased from 10 to 12 teams.  Prick.

I did read that, hypocrisy added to his list of faults.

Randy Marsh
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Fun fact.

Hibs were bottom when that was announced in 1991. 

But St Mirren finished 6 points behind on pitiful 19 points. 8 points from safety in normal league with 2 relegation. 

Interesting that they just decided they could scrap relegation that season at such short notice.

Edited by Randy Marsh

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Some sheep shagging arsehole up here on the radio wishing we would stop moaning about being relegated. 

Short memory eh?

To be fair, they know we will be back. 

They and Hibs have the most to gain from our demise 

8 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Short memory eh?

Absolute scumbags. Instead of worrying about sheep shaggers let’s worry about Hearts. 

8 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Interesting that they just decided they could scrap relegation that season at such short notice.

From memory decision was made around February/ March. 

Jamboelite

Whats the latest in this shitshow?

What have we done now to Scottish football ?

Any slimball chairman had a pop ?

Just now, Jamboelite said:

Just now, Jamboelite said:

Radio silence.

2 days, 2 meetings and nothing. 

Curious but maybe everything is still up in the air. 

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Radio silence.

2 days, 2 meetings and nothing. 

Curious but maybe everything is still up in the air. 

I’m confused by it. Normal procedure is for everyone to come out of these meeting and start the blame game. Something odd is going on. 

Edited by GinRummy

Just now, GinRummy said:

I’m confused by it. Normal procedure is for everyone to come out if these meeting and start the blame game. Something odd is going on. 

Normally the silence is broken by some negative comments aimed at us. Maybe the worm is turning....

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m confused by it. Normal procedure is for everyone to come out if these meeting and start the blame game. Something odd is going on. 

Very much so. Maybe there has been an outbreak of reality and pragmatism at the meetings?   Nah, far too much to hope for.

Edited by Deevers

Psychedelicropcircle

I can’t see there being a championship next season. The January chat & 18 games is hit & hope. You can’t be relegated to nothing or 9 games at tynie not after 5k ST sales. 

The August date is an aspersion rather as a solid starting point for the prem also. 

As always it’ll come down to money, the discussions right now must be based around the cheapest outcome. 

Edited by Psychedelicropcircle

Just now, cameron79 said:

Normally the silence is broken by some negative comments aimed at us. Maybe the worm is turning....

Just now, Deevers said:

Very much so. Maybe there has been an outbreak of reality and pragmatism at the meetings?   Nah far too much to hope for.

you can only hope guys 👍

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

A wee reminder of Tony's shite to me...

Yes I do remember we’re my Club was last season. Saints went on a great 
Run and looked like a team that we was going to get out of our poor Leaugue situation, 
Hearts came to our Ground last game looked like a team doomed, no fight our 
Spirit in the team very disappointing hearts team. 
Saints are one of the only teams that came back off the bottom of the Leaugue  
For many years usually the bottom team at this stage gets relegated. 
The Dundee untied play off game should not have went to penalties we were far the better side on the day, I still think Hearts would have went down if we payed the 8 remains games. I did also say Hearts fc will be a big loss to the Scottish Premiership. 
Kind Regards 
Tony 
Tony Fitzpatrick 
Chief Executive 
Saint Mirren fc 

🤣

Still think it is gold he replied to you, especially with that.

We need to get that into the documentary somehow.

heatonjambo
2 hours ago, MCJamTart said:

I am a long standing   female Hearts fan and I have every right to make comments on this forum.

I believe Hearts need to face reality of life in the Championship. SPL fixtures will be published soon(Celtic have already requested this) and we have to realise Hearts will not be on that list. I was very disappointed with the team last season and had wanted Craig Levein to leave after the Scottish Cup Final. 

If some people here  have nothing constructive to say then please just ignore my posts. There is no need to attack Hearts fans. Thank you.

Keep posting and just ignore the numpties. It can be obvious who they are

Captain Canada

The silence so far this week is deafening. I am hoping it means that a dose of reality has started to sink in. 

52 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I've certainly heard Paul Mitchell's BBC colleagues mention him supporting Hearts in the past and him acknowledging it.

It's a shame he's not on as much these days. Instead we get that hyper sheepshagger.

Yes a Jambo. I knew Paul when he was first starting out getting odd Radio jobs up and down the the country. Im really glad he did well and made a career out of it. No mean feat to become a professional and impartial commentator and keep folk guessing tour loyalty. 

4 minutes ago, kila said:

Still think it is gold he replied to you, especially with that.

We need to get that into the documentary somehow.

I really wish I'd known about him being manager when they were saved by reconstruction though. 🤭👍

Jambos1983
8 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

We will know by end of the week? 

Yep. Doncasfer wants the intentions of each premiership club to be emailed by Friday. What could possibly go wrong with an email?

1 minute ago, Rods said:

Hearts are making a good distraction for a lot of these tinpot teams. 

They are getting off very lightly.

Particularly with their squads after all the players released. 

Randy Marsh
34 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

From memory decision was made around February/ March. 

That's really interesting to know. 👍         I always assumed reconstruction had to be done well in advance and not during the season. 

7 minutes ago, Texaco said:

Yes a Jambo. I knew Paul when he was first starting out getting odd Radio jobs up and down the the country. Im really glad he did well and made a career out of it. No mean feat to become a professional and impartial commentator and keep folk guessing tour loyalty. 

Myself and another few posters on here met Mitchell on one of our away Euro jaunts. He told us he was a Hearts man👍

Nice guy incidentally. 

queensferryjambo
15 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

The silence so far this week is deafening. I am hoping it means that a dose of reality has started to sink in. 

It just means all the sneaky ******* clubs are plotting on their own ;) 

Elephantintheroom
11 minutes ago, Texaco said:

Yep, was with Paul on that rather memorable day at Parkhead in 1998.

Scunnered One
5 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

That's really interesting to know. 👍         I always assumed reconstruction had to be done well in advance and not during the season. 

Not sure that is exactly correct. I'm fairly certain Aberdeen were saved as Brockville didn't meet the criteria for the SPL (or whatever it was called then).

Falkirk 'HAD' to build a new stadium...albeit in Grangemouth. 

1 minute ago, Scunnered One said:

Not sure that is exactly correct. I'm fairly certain Aberdeen were saved as Brockville didn't meet the criteria for the SPL (or whatever it was called then).

1990/91 was different.

It wasn't because of the stadia. Went from 10 to 12 but not sure why.

I definitely remember that in my opinion it saved Hibs. They were awful and it changed after the decision. Everyone relaxed a bit. They were a bit better and St Mirren got caught by them. 

Randy Marsh
9 minutes ago, Scunnered One said:

That was in 2000 where Aberdeen avoided relagation.   Motherwell also avoided relegation in 2003 when Falkirk were denied promotion because of their ground. 

Edited by Randy Marsh

bajthejambo

We usually have word coming out of the meetings, either after or even during as was the case with the last reconstruction 'talks'. Is it likely that the situation is now very different from what it was? 

1 minute ago, bajthejambo said:

We usually have word coming out of the meetings, either after or even during as was the case with the last reconstruction 'talks'. Is it likely that the situation is now very different from what it was? 

I think much like the weather the mood has changed.

The stakes are becoming clear and what each avenue leads to.

I reckon we'll end up with a 16-18 team top flight along with hub grounds with all other teams mothballing until next year.

Hopefully a few reality checks have now settled in. If the tide has turned no one wants to be the one showing they have turned

The Dundee vote change stil has to be repaid

The Scottish Premiership would be more attractive to TV broadcasters with both Dundee United and Dundee in it, according to former SPL chief Roger Mitchell.

Robbie Neilson’s Tangerines will start the 2020/21 campaign in the top flight after winning the Championship last season.

Reports last week claimed the new term could begin with just one league of 16 teams – and United’s city rivals are determined not to be left behind if the Premiership restarts and lower leagues do not.

While some of their Championship counterparts may not be in a financial position to return to action without fans in the stands, the Dark Blues want football back at Dens Park as soon as possible, even if it means playing behind closed doors.

Sports advisor Mitchell – who spent four years in the Hampden hot seat – said: “Dundee is a great footballing city and it deserves be sitting round the top table in Scottish football, whether it’s one club or two.

“You can’t have the city of Dundee on the outside.

“It (the derby) is a lot more attractive than non-derby games. You can really get behind them.

“You just have to put yourself in their (the broadcasters’) shoes.

“The rivalry might not merit the same respect as a Glasgow derby in terms of numbers but you wouldn’t want to lose it.

“You wouldn’t want to lose the Edinburgh derby either. The derby games are attractive.”

With Hearts owner Ann Budge’s reconstruction plans doomed, the Tynecastle side look set to compete with Dundee and Inverness for the second-tier title.

But Mitchell – whose Are You Not Entertained? podcast recently shone a light on how investable Scottish football is – has sympathy for the Jambos’ situation.

Former SPL chief executive Roger Mitchell

The capital club were relegated from the Premiership following the SPFL’s decision to call the leagues on a points-per-game system in the wake of the coronavirus shutdown.

“It’s dreadfully unfair, almost like a death sentence,” he said.

“The league they’ve gone into, when is it starting? That’s very hard.

“Hearts are one of our top five clubs.”

Last week Mitchell backed Dundee technical director Gordon Strachan’s decision to deliver a brutal assessment of where the game on these shores is at and he enjoys sharing his own views on the subject on social media.

But it’s unlikely he will be back at Hampden in an official role anytime soon.

The Italy-based businessman – who advised current SPFL boss Neil Doncaster on a recent deal with AI-automated sports production firm Pixellot – said: “I don’t think I’ve got the personality that’s liked up there by a majority of people to come back and take a front-facing role.

“Most people don’t seem to like the way I tell it.

“What I do, in general, is advise people from the background. I’m always happy to do that if people are trying to do the right thing.”

Drumelzier
3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

This £1.5m is a reduced negotiated amount Sky are due.

According to Brian McLaughlin, the lack of the remaining two OF games was c. £1.5m amount in the contract alone.

With nothing coming out of the SPL meeting over the last two day's I'm hoping this reduced negotiated settlement includes

us being kept in the SPL next season.

Scunnered One
11 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

That was in 2000 where Aberdeen avoided relagation.   Motherwell also avoided relegation in 2003 when Falkirk were denied promotion because of their ground. 

Geez...where has the time gone!

Seems like only a few seasons ago. I stand corrected.

Does anyone think Sky might be offering better terms on repayments if Hearts are still in the league? 

Could be something that could sway clubs, if it was the case. 

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, colinzeal said:

Does anyone think Sky might be offering better terms on repayments if Hearts are still in the league? 

Could be something that could sway clubs, if it was the case. 

No

Smoked-Glass
42 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

Yep. Doncasfer wants the intentions of each premiership club to be emailed by Friday. What could possibly go wrong with an email?

🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

No

Depends if it becomes the 'Skybet Premiership'

They'll really want an Edinburgh Derby...

GorgieRules22
15 minutes ago, kila said:

Depends if it becomes the 'Skybet Premiership'

They'll really want an Edinburgh Derby...

Really can’t see it.

Theres nothing at all which points to anything looking good for us right now. We have even managed to put our mystery benefactor in touch with Neil Doncaster in a bid to help clubs that want to see us suffer.

Is there any evidence that points to things ending well here because I can’t see it.

11 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Really can’t see it.

Theres nothing at all which points to anything looking good for us right now. We have even managed to put our mystery benefactor in touch with Neil Doncaster in a bid to help clubs that want to see us suffer.

Is there any evidence that points to things ending well here because I can’t see it.

Silence is golden? 

Franksluckypants
On 29/05/2020 at 14:30, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No it’s like saying you’ve been burgled so the rest of the street have to do something about it. It would be nice and decent if they did but really, they’re obligated to do zilch.

Keeping the same analogy...the 34 odd neighbours have each pointed out our house at the top of the street to the SPFL bandits, to rob, saying it's no problem they can afford it, and dinnae worry coz there's just an old dear in.

Well AB has woken up! Found the keys to the gun cabinet! Is now tooled up with AK47, bandana, cigar and plenty FOH ammo to go get these mother f#ckers!

Blood bath with plenty of collerateral damage, which they fully deserve!!!

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

We will know by end of the week? 

You mean you don’t already?!

GorgieRules22
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Silence is golden? 

Love to think so but in reality the way things have worked out so far you can’t see anything but bad news eh.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )