SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

How's the SPFL today?  Still running like a well oiled machine?

Has Ann given them the names of our QCs yet and given them the amount of compo we're seeking for being illegally expelled?

I'd go for £10m if it was me.  We won't get that but we might get half.

Good times

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

How's the SPFL today?  Still running like a well oiled machine?

Has Ann given them the names of our QCs yet and given them the amount of compo we're seeking for being illegally expelled?

I'd go for £10m if it was me.  We won't get that but we might get half.

Good times

Nah, in the real world we’re looking at starting next season in January in the Championship. We have our mystery benefactor now offering help to teams who have voiced how much they want to see us suffer and as for court I’m not sure what comes of that even if we take it to court.

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, Rods said:

The emails are expected on Friday that’s plenty of time for the standard coercion/robust conversations. 

It’s just not going to happen though is it.

TheGoodLord
22 minutes ago, Franksluckypants said:

Keeping the same analogy...the 34 odd neighbours have each pointed out our house at the top of the street to the SPFL bandits, to rob, saying it's no problem they can afford it, and dinnae worry coz there's just an old dear in.

Well AB has woken up! Found the keys to the gun cabinet! Is now tooled up with AK47, bandana, cigar and plenty FOH ammo to go get these mother f#ckers!

Blood bath with plenty of collerateral damage, which they fully deserve!!!

That’ll do for me. 

Captain Canada

Hopefully BT slap in a multi million pound claim before Friday.

And then they all start realising how much deep stuff they're in when we take them to court and win for our unfair expulsion based on a vote that withheld vital information.

The thought of losing out on say £10m in total in addition to Sky's £1.5m might make a few of them take notice.

2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Nah, in the real world we’re looking at starting next season in January in the Championship. We have our mystery benefactor now offering help to teams who have voiced how much they want to see us suffer and as for court I’m not sure what comes of that even if we take it to court.

Too sensible for me and I hope you are monumentally wrong.  You may not be but you may be.  I don't have much time for Nicola but she could still play a blinder here.  No prof football at all for months on end.  Who knows.  Even if clubs get some telly money they'll still be struggling if it starts with empty stadia or restricted crowds.

3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Too sensible for me and I hope you are monumentally wrong.  You may not be but you may be.  I don't have much time for Nicola but she could still play a blinder here.  No prof football at all for months on end.  Who knows.  Even if clubs get some telly money they'll still be struggling if it starts with empty stadia or restricted crowds.

Nicola? 

GorgieRules22
4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Pretty sure they’ve already agreed on the Premiership starting back in August.

Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

Sturgeon

Really? That's who he's alluding to helping out Hearts? 

You've both lost me!

Byyy The Light

I’m assuming by the Scottish government not letting mass gatherings go ahead for months and months

12 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Really? That's who he's alluding to helping out Hearts? 

You've both lost me!

Not directly helping Hearts, but maybe adding to the fund that JA is wanting to start. To help football. 

That might be what he means. 

Edited by SUTOL

4 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Not directly helping Herts, but maybe adding to the fund that JA is wanting to start. To help football. 

That might be what he means. 

Really don't want to take this thread down the political road. It's enough of a clusterfu k and a bit depressing without going there. But anyone thinking "Nicola" is going to step in and sort out Scottish football needs their heads examined. She's already making a rip roaring c u next Tuesday  out of dealing with the pandemic. Let's not get her involved in what's already an absolute shitshow!

Tomorrow should be interesting big mouths like the Ayr chairmen will have something to say. Unless of course he is silenced due to him backing reconstruction. 

Sun says 4.75million. Also seems convinced that ensures we start in Championship in October. Gutted if true. Hoping it's not. Civil court case is preferred in last line. 

JAMES ANDERSON is set to hand over a seven-figure sum to SPFL chiefs.

His huge financial gift will ensure Hearts can start their Championship campaign from October.

Anderson’s generous gift to SPFL clubs will help them survive the Covid-19 crisis and let teams outside top flight play again next season
Anderson’s generous gift to SPFL clubs will help them survive the Covid-19 crisis and let teams outside top flight play again next seasonCredit: Getty Images - Getty

The Edinburgh tycoon is locked in talks with SPFL boss Neil Doncaster over an emergency cash injection to keep clubs going through the Covid-19 crisis.

SunSport understands Anderson is ready to commit around £4.75 million — the equivalent of just over £110,000 per club if split evenly between the league’s 42 members.

That would be enough to help second-tier sides afford wages, plus the coronavirus tests which will be required to stage matches next season.

Clubs are anxious over medical bills of up to £4,000 a week to screen players and staff.

It’s a cost that’s unsustainable without some sort of cash injection or funding.

The tycoon is locked in talks with SPFL chief Doncaster
The tycoon is locked in talks with SPFL chief DoncasterCredit: PA:Press Association/PA Images

But with multi-millionaire Anderson now set to help bankroll teams with a no-strings offer, the sides below the Premiership have renewed hope of being able to pay the bills.

With Hearts owner Ann Budge’s reconstruction plans set to fail, it would at least mean the Jambos could kick off a delayed Championship campaign in the autumn.

Hearts owner Ann Budge
Hearts owner Ann BudgeCredit: PA:Press Association/PA Images

Budge is still threatening a legal fight to stay in the Premiership, but the ability of Championship clubs to play football next season offers a fallback if she loses in court.

One of the major fears Hearts have, and something which could be central in a future legal argument, is being relegated into a league which may never start.

Doncaster was drilling into the precise details of Anderson’s gift after talks on Monday.

Championship clubs now see a route through the Covid-19 cash chaos.

Budge took part in her first conference call as a lower league chairman yesterday and ran through the Jambos’ proposal for a 14-14-14 structure.

However, the numbers simply don’t exist to push it through and the chances of it even going to a vote are receding fast.

All 42 clubs will be asked to put their stance in writing.

League One and Two clubs discuss it on Wednesday, before Budge has to decide whether to table a resolution or move on to a court battle.

Anderson’s sudden emergence, which came on the back of Budge introducing him to SPFL bosses, is unlikely to sway chairmen into backing a temporary structure.

Her next step is likely to be legal action in the form of a civil court case.

4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Neil Doncaster could make a significant difference to the Scottish game by not letting the door hit his arse on the way out - for good.

And I don't mind too much if it does hit him - just get that useless toad out.

For ****'s sake, I do hope the media don't trumpet this as some sort of success of Doncaster's making. 

That would be beyond boak-inducing.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

Sun says 4.75million. Also seems convinced that ensures we start in Championship in October. Gutted if true. Hoping it's not. Civil court case is preferred in last line. 

JAMES ANDERSON is set to hand over a seven-figure sum to SPFL chiefs.

His huge financial gift will ensure Hearts can start their Championship campaign from October.

Anderson’s generous gift to SPFL clubs will help them survive the Covid-19 crisis and let teams outside top flight play again next season

Anderson’s generous gift to SPFL clubs will help them survive the Covid-19 crisis and let teams outside top flight play again next seasonCredit: Getty Images - Getty

The Edinburgh tycoon is locked in talks with SPFL boss Neil Doncaster over an emergency cash injection to keep clubs going through the Covid-19 crisis.

SunSport understands Anderson is ready to commit around £4.75 million — the equivalent of just over £110,000 per club if split evenly between the league’s 42 members.

That would be enough to help second-tier sides afford wages, plus the coronavirus tests which will be required to stage matches next season.

Clubs are anxious over medical bills of up to £4,000 a week to screen players and staff.

It’s a cost that’s unsustainable without some sort of cash injection or funding.

The tycoon is locked in talks with SPFL chief Doncaster

The tycoon is locked in talks with SPFL chief DoncasterCredit: PA:Press Association/PA Images

But with multi-millionaire Anderson now set to help bankroll teams with a no-strings offer, the sides below the Premiership have renewed hope of being able to pay the bills.

With Hearts owner Ann Budge’s reconstruction plans set to fail, it would at least mean the Jambos could kick off a delayed Championship campaign in the autumn.

Hearts owner Ann Budge

Hearts owner Ann BudgeCredit: PA:Press Association/PA Images

Budge is still threatening a legal fight to stay in the Premiership, but the ability of Championship clubs to play football next season offers a fallback if she loses in court.

One of the major fears Hearts have, and something which could be central in a future legal argument, is being relegated into a league which may never start.

Doncaster was drilling into the precise details of Anderson’s gift after talks on Monday.

Championship clubs now see a route through the Covid-19 cash chaos.

Budge took part in her first conference call as a lower league chairman yesterday and ran through the Jambos’ proposal for a 14-14-14 structure.

However, the numbers simply don’t exist to push it through and the chances of it even going to a vote are receding fast.

All 42 clubs will be asked to put their stance in writing.

League One and Two clubs discuss it on Wednesday, before Budge has to decide whether to table a resolution or move on to a court battle.

Anderson’s sudden emergence, which came on the back of Budge introducing him to SPFL bosses, is unlikely to sway chairmen into backing a temporary structure.

Her next step is likely to be legal action in the form of a civil court case.

Utterly ****ing bizarre if true, by ensuring the championship can go ahead both reconstruction and the court case is fatally undermined.. and to make it worse - a close ally of the club is actually helping teams who have utterly shafted us. 

Ethan Hunt
7 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

My thoughts too. Not just how it’s distributed either... also how the board and the member clubs decide to condict themselves when it comes to things like votes on reconstruction, or what they say in the media.

I’m really missing your point on this. He already knows how some of them will react, because he’s seen and heard them.

You make it sound as if he is carrying out some kind of social experiment, for what purpose?

Got a bad feeling we're about to get another kick in the baws from Budge and any legal case will be dropped because "it wouldn't be right to hurt other clubs"

Just now, neilnunb said:

Got a bad feeling we're about to get another kick in the baws from Budge and any legal case will be dropped because "it wouldn't be right to hurt other clubs"

Exactly where this is going, imo.

The last few days have been bizarre.

Why wouldn’t a Championship season kick off until October, out of interest?

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Utterly ****ing bizarre if true, by ensuring the championship can go ahead both reconstruction and the court case is fatally undermined.. and to make it worse - a close ally of the club is actually helping teams who have utterly shafted us. 

It's mental! I don't want to believe this is the big plan but it's looking more and more likely.

I'm still holding on to something, a big reveal, a Eureka, a gotcha! I'll be absolutely scunnered if this is indeed the outcome.

Captain Canada
8 minutes ago, Whatever said:

That's what I was thinking. October has just been plucked out of thin air. If it is October, how many games would be played? 

Some clubs would undoubtedly need more money than others but should they be rewarded for, in some cases, not having run their businesses in a sustainable way? 

This isn't looking good now and my only thought is maybe Sky have the clout to force through reconstruction. I don't see any other way it will happen. 

Edited by Captain Canada

On 26/05/2020 at 07:22, Deevers said:

That’s exactly what will happen, and I would think that quite a few in the premiership would be looking to ensure that proposal goes ahead.

I can’t believe This is where Ann is at, a lot of fans will chuck it if that’s her stance. 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’ll be honest.. I didn’t think this could get much worse. Unbelievably- it has

I don’t think she’s got the stomach for a legal fight. She’s got her pal on board to ensure we’re playing football and will leave the club this Summer.

Just my own thoughts. The last few days aren’t what would be happening if we were expecting to go to court. I think she’s had enough.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, JyTees said:

It's mental! I don't want to believe this is the big plan but it's looking more and more likely.

I'm still holding on to something, a big reveal, a Eureka, a gotcha! I'll be absolutely scunnered if this is indeed the outcome.

I don’t think there is a eureka moment I really don’t. 

I know JA has supported us, And has committed to continue that support so I’m watching what I say here.

But this feels like a knife straight through the shoulder blades it really does .

2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I don’t think she’s got the stomach for a legal fight. She’s got her pal on board to ensure we’re playing football and will leave the club this Summer.

Just my own thoughts. The last few days aren’t what would be happening if we were expecting to go to court. I think she’s had enough.

Gambling on coming straight back up. 

5 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Seems like the Sun are just hedging their bets. It could go either way. Also Budge plan could be knocked back for another suggestion14-10-10-10 as proposed by someone tomorrow at the L1 & L2 meeting. 

The 14-10-10-10 plan was about money now their is money on the table. I would imagine chairmen will be thinking what if 

It’s amazing what a bit of cash does to people like Lachlan Cameron for example.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t think there is a eureka moment I really don’t. 

I know JA has supported us, And has committed to continue that support so I’m watching what I say here.

But this feels like a knife straight through the shoulder blades it really does .

Agreed mate. Can't get my head round it.

I was hoping that worse case scenario we would have been compensated for demotion but they might think we have a rich philanthropist so don’t need any more

Has it been confirm that any money will be split between 42 member clubs?  if so in my Opinion that is wrong why should rangers Celtic even Aberdeen Hibs or any teams in the premiership get any of it 

Heartsmad1874
Just now, Whatever said:

Ann has said she will fight it because it is wrong (i for one don’t doubt it will end up in court eventually), and it was said in the same interview as revealing the benefactor. Although the last few days have been bizarre it‘s far from over imo. The club will take it all the way if they feel they have a strong enough case because if we don’t have the fight for it people at the club will lose their jobs, massive loss in income and Ann’s legacy is at stake.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Should just have given us the £4.75 m, we sit out the season and A12 most of the squad. 

David McCaig

So our masterplan seems to be:

April:

don't challenge the flawed vote

May:

don't challenge expulsion

Don't challenge £7m distribution to SPL clubs

June:

Cash up the entire SPFL beyond their wildest dreams

Accept expulsion

Accept playing a delayed shortened season in the Championship.

1 minute ago, Rods said:

Seems like the Sun are just hedging their bets. It could go either way. Also Budge plan could be knocked back for another suggestion14-10-10-10 as proposed by someone tomorrow at the L1 & L2 meeting. 

The 14-10-10-10 plan was about money now their is money on the table. I would imagine chairmen will be thinking what if 

It’s amazing what a bit of cash does to people like Lachlan Cameron for example.

Enough already.

It’s not happening.

Should just have given us the £4.75 m, we sit out the season and A12 most of the squad. 

Yep.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Yep.

Genuinely is rather that before helping any team who’ve ****ed us over

Heartsmad1874

Believe A12 only exists if the SFA have suspended football nationwide, not sure if it would work if we were in cold storage because Championship clubs can’t play.

Rick Sanchez

Giving Rangers money for testing when they just spunked 3m on Hagi? And helping out the rest of they snakey *******s...

FrightenedMinorAmericanbittern-small.gif

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

So our masterplan seems to be:

April:

don't challenge the flawed vote

May:

don't challenge expulsion

Don't challenge £7m distribution to SPL clubs

June:

Cash up the entire SPFL beyond their wildest dreams

Accept expulsion

Accept playing a delayed shortened season in the Championship.

Horrible feeling that you've forgotten one

"Accept no promotion / relegation between premier and championship due to a shortened season"

Would anyone be surprised given whats went on

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Believe A12 only exists if the SFA have suspended football nationwide, not sure if it would work if we were in cold storage because Championship clubs can’t play.

Not true, you can’t play players with zero income hence the clause 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )