SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

I know we went down the wage cut route but why didn't we use the furlough scheme?  Probably a simp!e answer.

So if they furlough, their players are not on reduced wages at all?

Think it just means the club make up the difference between Govt limit and usual salary.   Still can't for the life of me understand what benefit deferring wages provides clubs like Hibs and Aberdeen though.   They're just kicking the can down the road.     Glad AB was strong enough to push for wage cuts. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

CavySlaveJambo
Just now, Gmcjambo said:

Think it just means the club make up the difference between Govt limit and usual salary.   Still can't for the life of me understand what benefit deferring wages provides clubs like Hibs and Aberdeen though.   They're just kicking the can down the road.     Glad AB was strong enough to push for wage cuts. 

Won’t they also have to start paying the players full wages again soon. As in as soon as the season kicks off? 

Jamboelite
1 minute ago, Gmcjambo said:

Aberdeen it appears havent.

JamboGraham
26 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Carries over to 2021/22 until we get the 18 games.  Simples.

Indeed so if we have an 18 game Championship our club will be punished in season 2019/20, 2020/21 and 2021/22 all for the crime of being bottom of the table at the precise moment a global pandemic changed the lives of every human being on this planet.

Any person who can’t see this is entirely unfair and unacceptable is either being deliberately obtuse or intentionally vindictive. Unfortunately Scottish football is saturated with obtuse and vindictive people from boardroom to terrace.

Edited by JamboGraham

Riccarton3
6 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Furlough pays a maximum of £2500 per month.

So their top earners will be down by quite some margin.

No bad press tho. Can only imagine if we’d done similar.

Does the club not pay up the difference, though

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Does the club not pay up the difference, though

They can. That wasn’t established yesterday.

Worthing Jambo
2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Beautifully put, Johno

:rofl:

The bard of JKB has been on form the last couple of days.

Short but succinct 👌

TyphoonJambo

Lets just get this reconstruction voted out then get down and dirty. We've given then many options, weve shown a genuine desire to drag our shitty wee league out of the mire, weve provided the only constructive forward thinking alternatives to the mind numbing, self effacing, weedgie power preservacion sheeite. What do we get? The first women to have the balls to even try to effect real change, gets villified by the puppet masters tame media. 

**** them all, look after number one and to hell with the small team collateral damage. They voted to harm us, they bring nout to the league. Hearts first. 

Mister Dee

I am genuinely looking forward to ‘next season’, whenever that is. 

No way are any other teams getting my money though. 

Caley Squidster

So basically, you guys and ICT won't know what league we are playing in after tomorrow :(? 

Apart from ICT @Mister Dee;) :P. 

Edited by Caley Squidster

Tennant's  6's
32 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

I also think the "no strings attached" part comes from Brian M, but in specific relation to being to do with Hearts having to be in the Prem for the money to be available. That string is not attached. It doesn't mean there aren't some restrictions. 

Exactly. Budge didn't say it. 

Damn right there should be some strings attached though 

17 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I know we went down the wage cut route but why didn't we use the furlough scheme?  Probably a simp!e answer.

So if they furlough, their players are not on reduced wages at all?

I was surprised to hear him say it as it seems to have went under the radar. Yet AB got slaughtered for asking ours to take a cut.

Even silly Miller never mentioned it & he raises the furlough issue every week 

16 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Aberdeen it appears havent.

I'm sure McInnes said they had in his interview on Sat?   

henryheart
9 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Lets just get this reconstruction voted out then get down and dirty. We've given then many options, weve shown a genuine desire to drag our shitty wee league out of the mire, weve provided the only constructive forward thinking alternatives to the mind numbing, self effacing, weedgie power preservacion sheeite. What do we get? The first women to have the balls to even try to effect real change, gets villified by the puppet masters tame media. 

**** them all, look after number one and to hell with the small team collateral damage. They voted to harm us, they bring nout to the league. Hearts first. 

Well said.

17 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Won’t they also have to start paying the players full wages again soon. As in as soon as the season kicks off? 

Others might recall but it was for a specific period of time. 3 months maybe? but yes,  I'm sure they will have to pay it all relatively soon. 

Hopefully after the dust settles and we get on with our court case the benefactors instead help the teams that have been picked on during this pandemic. I would much rather see the money go to Inverness, Partick, Stranraer and Falkirk and let the rest of the rat clubs rely on the SPFL. They have made their bed now lie in it 

BelgeJambo
On 04/04/2020 at 00:11, Peebo said:

Another complete nonsense. Awarding titles and basing promotion and relegation on current league stands stands up to no logical or moral scrutiny.  Throw in the fact there will clubs going bust before the next season starts - whenever that is - and even if they do make some sort of bullshit decision to “relegate” Hearts (and other teams), they will have to reorganise the leagues next year to fit the footballing landscape which will inevitably be different. 

This is from the first page of this thread

800 pages and still the same conclusion basically 

😃🇱🇻🇱🇻

GMEdinburgh

It's such a sad state of affairs that neither the SPFL/SFA or any other Club appears to be bothered regarding the  current/future situation within Scottish Football. Lack of leadership is there for everyone to see and it appears that there is no plan B or C from the authorities, what business survives with a lack of foresight that these buffoon have and why has no one else come up with a solution without being critical of the only person bringing something to the table.  The whole scenario is embarrassing. Ann was bang on the money yesterday by publicity questioning why it should be up to her to come up with solution and what does Doncaster actually do regarding his roles and responsibilities for the monies earned. 

Holyrood_Hearts
10 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

I'm sure McInnes said they had in his interview on Sat?   

He 100% did

I'm going to renew my season ticket, but don't want to use 'Ticketmaster,'

Anyone heard anything about the ticket office opening ?

4 minutes ago, bairdy said:

It's closed and will stay closed till government says it can open. 

You could email and ask about making payment in some other way. Not sure if they would accept a cheque...

[email protected]

Edited by SUTOL

annushorribilis III

And then you have that clown from Dundee Utd (Asgar ?) go on national media yesterday and say "Amh deliteit - mah Christmas has came early". 

Not a single club has announced  a single initiative or "good news" day when FoH monies and donors are increasing significantly. 

Hearts are disliked and it's all about jealousy. 

The SPFL currently reminds me of what George W Bush said about France -

"You can always rely on them to be there.

When they want something. "

2 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

And then you have that clown from Dundee Utd (Asgar ?) go on national media yesterday and say "Amh deliteit - mah Christmas has came early". 

Not a single club has announced  a single initiative or "good news" day when FoH monies and donors are increasing significantly. 

Hearts are disliked and it's all about jealousy. 

The SPFL currently reminds me of what George W Bush said about France -

"You can always rely on them to be there.

When they want something. "

I've never heard that Bush quote before, AH. Do you have a link to somewhere that says when he said it?

24 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

This is from the first page of this thread

800 pages and still the same conclusion basically 

😃🇱🇻🇱🇻

Yep, very incisive post from the poster you quoted.  SPFL Could have had the insight just from reading that post alone.

annushorribilis III
9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I've never heard that Bush quote before, AH. Do you have a link to somewhere that says when he said it?

Cannae find it. Anywhere.

annushorribilis III
10 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It came about during the "freedom fries" protest when France wouldn't support Iraq war (2005 ?). 

Just now, annushorribilis III said:

Cannae find it. Anywhere.

No probs. Thanks for looking.

In all honesty, when I listened to the interview live I thought Anne Budge answered  "yes" to a direct question from Brian McLoughlin on whether the philanthropist money was without strings, in the midst of her explaining it. 

I see it as a two pronged attack. If the reconstruction proposal is dismissed without prospect of further discussion, I expect Anne Budge to go legal. That won't be resolved before the top flight of 12 kicks off. 

The money from the philanthropist will be offered and used to ensure at least one lower division starts at the same time for a full season, just to ensure we have somewhere to play a full season. Presumably, given the top flight is apparently all sorted, awash with Sky cash and good to go, they won't need any of the philanthrists donations. 

Presumably, if any top flight clubs don't have the means to start, they can mothball or drop a division to where that financial support is available, and we (and then any other second tier clubs that are self sufficient if more than one) can step up. 

Tennant's  6's
10 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Maybe not the quote that you were looking for but brilliant none the less. 

If he wasnt from such a reprehensible family and allowed Darth Cheney to do what he wanted, he might have been a decent guy.. 

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I suspect the two QCs that are advising her will have given her advice on how to proceed. Unless you are a QC yourself, and offering her some experienced legal advice, then I’d say she is probably doing things in exactly the right order and to exactly the right timeline.

FFS you sound like a Tory MP on explaining lockdown.

We're following the science, doing the right things at the right time.

Gave up watching those press conferences, because hearing that statement every day.☹️

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I am so glad I left Scotland over 10

years ago. I am ecstatic that my daughters are growing up down here.

Scotland is full of narrow minded, pig ignorant tribal bigoted assholes and football is a microcosm of the country as a whole.

Absolute clowns all over the place.

If it wasn’t for Hearts and my family I wish the place would rot. Narrow minded,

insular and backward.

Blimey. You must have lived in a really shit part of Scotland. I’ve lived here my entire 41 years and the only time I’ve hardly ever experienced the things you are talking about, in real life. I’ve got family and friends down south, all over the place. Plenty issues down there too, particularly xenophobia and racism.

Captain Canada

Pretty much every single thing has been done the wrong way around. We now seem to have a situation where the top flight teams are told they can resume training on 11th of June but some can't afford to test their players to make it a safe environment.

It might have been a good idea to address the financial issues around testing first before looking for assurances on a 1st August start date. The welfare of the players and staff needs to be the priority. 

Edited by Captain Canada

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

FFS you sound like a Tory MP on explaining lockdown.

We're following the science, doing the right things at the right time.

Gave up watching those press conferences, because hearing that statement every day.☹️

:lol: - Damn... bloody hate the Tories, too. 

True though. I’m pretty sure the legal advice she’s receiving will be more on point than a frustrated JKB poster who doesn’t know the difference between the SPFL and the Premiership. 🤷‍♂️

I presume that when the premier league players resume "work" again on June 11th clubs that had their players furloughed will be responsible for their wages from that date onwards. With costs of testing on top of this there could well be some interesting headlines on the way, and yet I'm still convinced there are clubs out there who think come August everything will be fine.

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, Captain Canada said:

Pretty much every single thing has been done the wrong way around. We now seem to have a situation where the SPFL teams are told they can resume training on 11th of June but some can't afford to test their players to make it a safe environment.

It might have been a good idea to address the financial issues around testing first before looking for assurances on a 1st August start date. The welfare of the players and staff needs to be the priority. 

The only club consulted on the start date would have been the one that has been driving this fiasco from the start. The one who don’t care about any other club, and have made zero contribution to the debate about how to save as many clubs as possible. That club get no criticism from the feardie Scottish sports media.

Hearts try to find common ground to get everything set up for all clubs to survive this crisis and get ridiculed by the same brainless idiots who are too scared to ask the SPFL board, or the club that are driving their non action, what positive ideas they have.

8 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Maybe not the quote that you were looking for but brilliant none the less. 

If he wasnt from such a reprehensible family and allowed Darth Cheney to do what he wanted, he might have been a decent guy.. 

:rofl:That was worth going off-topic for. Thanks T6!

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

So if they furlough, their players arpaye not on reduced wages at all?

As I remember it, we quickly said that the players would need to take a 50% pay cut and got all sorts of abuse for it. A couple of days later the furlough scheme was announced and we put the players on to it. That meant that the wage cuts would only have to be 20 to ,30% to achieve the same saving for the club. I am also of the opinion that all the other clubs have also furloughed their players, even Hibs and Aberdeen with their deferments. 

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

She is aware reconstruction is failing as it stands. Her next move to avoid court action will be to wait until the list of clubs willing and able to play in the Premier and Championship is finalised and we see what side of the wall we dropped down into. That will need to be done and set in stone by June 11th at the very latest. If we are still a championship club by the time the Premiership clubs start training, and/or the fixtures come out, she’ll call time and go legal.

You are a blether. Reconstruction is merely days away. She has played a great game, just keeps stringing them along, and they keep making mistakes. She had the foresight to anticipate what was likely coming Scottish footballs way and made her moves eg wage cuts not deferrals, very early on. Nothing that has happened so far suggests she got it wrong. Wrote to SPFL before first vote suggesting problems ahead, supported Rangers resolution, led the recon version 1 task-force, questioned the first vote process, made another recon proposal, offered her buddies money to rescue lower league clubs, all knocked back so far. Has been openly critical re lack of leadership within SPFL. Just keeps building the court case.  At every stage they have not been able, or willing, to seriously consider her points, until tomorrow. Let’s see what happens, pretty clear that only 15/16 teams at most can be ready to play come August 1. Seems to me if you are one of the 15/16 you are likely to find yourself in the top league. 

Mister Dee
1 hour ago, Caley Squidster said:

So basically, you guys and ICT won't know what league we are playing in after tomorrow :(? 

Apart from ICT @Mister Dee;) :P. 

Fair comment! 👍🏻

Mister Dee
20 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I am so glad I left Scotland over 10 years ago. I am ecstatic that my daughters are growing up down here.

Scotland is full of narrow minded, pig ignorant tribal bigoted assholes and football is a microcosm of the country as a whole.

If it wasn’t for my family and Hearts I wish the place would rot. And my family would leave if they could.

Narrow minded, insular and backward.

Absolute bloody rubbish. 
you sound like the people you describe. 

1 hour ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

As soon as training starts 

52 minutes ago, bairdy said:

Phone them or email them. 

Independence
23 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I am so glad I left Scotland over 10 years ago. I am ecstatic that my daughters are growing up down here.

If it wasn’t for my family and Hearts I wish the place would rot. And my family would leave if they could.

Wow. Glad you live where you want to live.I have lived in Scotland for 63 years. Love it. Been to many, many other beautiful countries but am always grateful to return home to my own country. Edinburgh, Inverness and North Berwick top of my list!  I wouldn't leave in any case, unless my work took me away, as I love my close relationship with Hearts and the Hearts community. Shame your family can't move away as they would like to. I know many relatives and friends who would like to move back to Scotland. We are all different and thats good though. As I say, good for you that you live in a place you are ecstatic in. England is a great place.

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, Independence said:

Wow. Glad you live where you want to live.I have lived in Scotland for 63 years. Love it. Been to many, many other beautiful countries but am always grateful to return home to my own country. Edinburgh, Inverness and North Berwick top of my list!  I wouldn't leave in any case, unless my work took me away, as I love my close relationship with Hearts and the Hearts community. Shame your family can't move away as they would like to. I know many relatives and friends who would like to move back to Scotland. We are all different and thats good though. As I say, good for you that you live in a place you are ecstatic in. England is a great place.

👍👍👍👍 And i live abroad. 

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Nonsense.

Edited by Pasquale for King

37 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I totally understand where you are coming from! Certainly the general demeanour of Scottish people and how they express themselves is ‘different’! When you live elsewhere you recognise the difference. Certainly on this forum and across football there are some of the worst examples of what you describe. But most are good people!
PS grow a thick skin for the responses from sensitive defensive people that you will receive!

brunoatemyhamster
42 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

With that superiority complex you've got going, it's no wonder you love it down there. 

Take it you left simply because its just that bad? 

Pasquale for King

Another bit of yesterday’s sport sound was that Aberdeen had furloughed their players, a bit late in the day. When the top league teams go back to training in June all that stops surely, back to full costs for them and Hibs.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )