SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

18 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

If clubs go bust, won't they just be demoted to the bottom division, like Rangers were?

There may well be a case of "legal precedent" here should it go to court.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

south morocco
5 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

I’d like to be the first in this thread to say a big thank you for the investment in Hearts 👍

I hope they withdraw their offer and concentrate solely on HMFC 

jamboinglasgow
37 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Can't believe I am posting this but I can see where he is coming from. Money given and Hearts get reconstruction and it looks like a bribe, if Hearts go down then it really would look unconditional. Sometimes these cretin reporters write stuff without looking at how it's worded instead of making a clear point.

Had he simple said if Hearts stay up then this would look like a bribe and therefore not unconditional. However his bile and bias won't let him make such a simple statement and he needs to fill a page so goes about reporting it in a way that simply annoys folk.

I kind of agree you, but my problem is that Jackson then goes on about sporting integrity, and if Hearts had finished last after 38 games, I would agree with him that Hearts keeping up would be a bribe. But if you go down the route of sporting integrity, then the decision to demote Hearts (Partick Thistle and Stranraer) after abruptly ending the season based on a questionable vote which allowed rivals to relegate others (thus protecting themselves) and getting money for it is the original sin here. You cant just decide to ignore that and then decide this new issue requires sporting integrity being kept intact.

ToadKiller Dog

There will be a certain club or clubs who's nose will be out of joint because of the potential benefactors aid to the game .

The daily ****** Jackson will have had a whisper in his ear try and put a negative spin on it .

It's just a sad bitter twisted article looking for sinister motives which clearly aren't there.

In fact that article sums up every way what's wrong with many involved in our game .

17 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

Keep your money Mr Anderson. I'd rather watch Scottish football die a long, slow, lingering death.

Agreed.

Doncaster and his cronies of course will be shitting it now as well thinking that this guy could aid us if and when we go to court to fight the SPFL - he maybe doubted we had funds for a legal battle but if this dude is happy to help Dungaster and the other muppets will maybe have just woken up 

I'd rather he poured any additional money into us tbh.

If other clubs can't survive then tough tits!

Edited by neilnunb

David McCaig
6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Except we have shown inconclusively that we have the backing of a multi millionaire therefore shown legal action costs will not be a problem, and with his assistance we will survive the pandemic. We have a stronger hand.

My fear is that we have unnecessarily boxed ourselves into a corner here.

Prior to disclosing the potential philanthropic assistance to the Lower Leagues, I felt the cards were slowly falling in our favour to the extent that I fully expected the SPFL Board to use their executive powers to force through reconstruction if the plan was rejected by the clubs.

However, I now think that we have put ourselves in a position where compensation is the only show in town.   

I mentioned last week that we our PR has been appalling and we have failed to control the narrative at any point.  We have now somehow reached a stage whereby proposing a zero detriment solution to a global emergency and identifying philanthropic investment to save the lower leagues has been spun into evil Hearts are maliciously trying to bribe other clubs into undeservedly helping them avoid their cast-iron relegation from the SPL... therefore Hearts must be punished and represent all that is bad in Scottish Football.

jamboinglasgow
14 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

Deals with Budge for years & remains anonymous. Deals with the SPFL for 1 day & his name is in the papers!

Spot on, bet Doncaster or one of the SPFL couldn't wait to tell the Daily Record who the person was. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
28 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I disagree. He’s been giving hearts money for ages and clearly doesn’t want the publicity. His anonymity should have been respected and it’s a shame it wasn’t. 

Don’t you think it’s important to know who is funding what, particularly if this expands to him giving cash to the lower leagues?

It allows for some proper scrutiny - but unfortunately with the Scottish press, you don’t get proper scrutiny. You get biased drivel and idiotic shite like Jackson’s

part_time_jambo
16 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You don’t get demoted when you get liquidated, you cease trading and cease to be a league club.  That’s what happened to Rangers and then Charles Green’s Sevco applied to join the SPFL or whatever it was at the time and were admitted into the bottom tier.  What should have happened and what normally happens when a club is liquidated is that there is a vote to admit one of several applicants to fill the empty space in the bottom tier.  Sevco was treated as a special case and the governing bodies tried to shoehorn them into the top division but thankfully failed. 

I need to remember next time that sarcasm doesn't come across well in type. sorry.

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I kind of agree you, but my problem is that Jackson then goes on about sporting integrity, and if Hearts had finished last after 38 games, I would agree with him that Hearts keeping up would be a bribe. But if you go down the route of sporting integrity, then the decision to demote Hearts (Partick Thistle and Stranraer) after abruptly ending the season based on a questionable vote which allowed rivals to relegate others (thus protecting themselves) and getting money for it is the original sin here. You cant just decide to ignore that and then decide this new issue requires sporting integrity being kept intact.

And this is the shadow over everything: there are still too many people in the game and the media who believe we deserved to be expelled. 

ToadKiller Dog

I think benefactor knew his name would be outed sharpish once this offer was made ,to many vested and selfish Archie's in our game for it not to be .

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Prior to disclosing the potential philanthropic assistance to the Lower Leagues, I felt the cards were slowly falling in our favour to the extent that I fully expected the SPFL Board to use their executive powers to force through reconstruction if the plan was rejected by the clubs.

However, I now think that we have put ourselves in a position where compensation is the only show in town.   

I mentioned last week that we our PR has been appalling and we have failed to control the narrative at any point.  We have now somehow reached a stage whereby proposing a zero detriment solution to a global emergency and identifying philanthropic investment to save the lower leagues has been spun into evil Hearts are maliciously trying to bribe other clubs into undeservedly helping them avoid their cast-iron relegation from the SPL... therefore Hearts must be punished and represent all that is bad in Scottish Football.

Quite the opposite, I believe. The SPFL has allowed itself to be backed into a corner. Now we sit with all the cards. I hope it is brought on soon. Like many others on here, I have no sympathy whatsoever for those clubs who sought to do us harm.

I wonder if, should we be awarded any compensation, the liability for it would be joint and several between the SPFL clubs. Now that would be really nice.

3 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Not having a pop here CJ you just happened to post it first

It is not beyond the realms of possibility that James Anderson is actually "not" the mystery investor. Just because the ****** prints it does not make it true.

just had a word *rd out and the dictionary definition is

delay or hold back in terms of progress or development.

Big bad sweary word that is for sure. 

Edited by 7628mm

BelgeJambo

Depending on the amount of funding, it could be rolls reversed and lower leagues survive, including us, while the shitehawk clubs like St Mirren, St Johnstone, Hamilton go to the wall.  Then they come running to Ann again and tell us to make up the top league.

Eh naw, we’re alright we’re we are just now thanks Neil

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Don’t you think it’s important to know who is funding what, particularly if this expands to him giving cash to the lower leagues?

It allows for some proper scrutiny - but unfortunately with the Scottish press, you don’t get proper scrutiny. You get biased drivel and idiotic shite like Jackson’s

I’d prefer everything out in the open aye.  The philanthropist boy would rather be anonymous though so given he likes giving away money it’s maybe good to respect that. 

Ex member of the SaS
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Totally agree, I was simply trying to point out he was right with regards the cash looking like a bribe. TBH I didn't read further than that, so didn't see the rest of the article . Wife used to buy the record every day but has not done so now for many years and I very rarely click on any links to the rag.

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

There may well be a case of "legal precedent" here should it go to court.

If they go into liquidation.  I’m not sure how this “mothballing” would work in practice but I was assuming it didn’t involve liquidation. 

FarmerTweedy

I imagine he was probably aware that getting involved in anything beyond just Hearts would lead to his anonymity being blown, and that he was comfortable with that.  Jackson's column is appalling though, but exactly the standard you'd expect. Doncaster's statement on Saturday was clearly the reaction of someone who wasn't taking the proposal seriously, and was caught on the hop by Budge calling out his lack of action publicly. And the shite about Jason Leitch 'rubber-stamping' the 1st August restart then calling it straight into question is utterly risible 'journalism'.

kingantti1874
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

And this is the shadow over everything: there are still too many people in the game and the media who believe we deserved to be expelled. 

this is it- they have bought the SPFL propaganda that this wouldn’t even be a discussion if it weren’t hearts. They are incorrectly equating it to rangers .

its beyond ludicrous. 

Like all hearts fans I’m sick to death of it- it’s disgraceful. We must all remember this treatment in future when we are faced with the choice of buying away tickets.. if we do go to those grounds buying coffee or a drink or going to their hospitality.

if we are hated I want teams to have a real reason to hate. They get nothing from us, and tynecastle must become a hellish place to visit

Selkirkhmfc1874

Best thing that could happen is bypass the spfl and give whatever cash on offer to lower league clubs directly to them but I really hope not a single penny goes to any premiership clubs 

Thanks for your continued support over last few years.

Whilst your wishes and respect was a given with Hearts/Ann/Hearts fans, surely after reading the media/social media over the weekend you know that will never be the case with the rest of Scottish Football.

Keep supporting Hearts in the way you were, but for your own good, leave the rest of Scottish Footbal to die.

David McCaig
5 minutes ago, Bickfest said:

Quite the opposite, I believe. The SPFL has allowed itself to be backed into a corner. Now we sit with all the cards. I hope it is brought on soon. Like many others on here, I have no sympathy whatsoever for those clubs who sought to do us harm.

I wonder if, should we be awarded any compensation, the liability for it would be joint and several between the SPFL clubs. Now that would be really nice.

You still haven’t explained why you think this is the case?

Glamorgan Jambo

It was pretty obvious from photos taken of the HMFC directors box that James was normally in a pretty prominent seat. Given his fairly low profile it wasn’t too much of an issue and everyone at HMFC kept their mouths shut. Whether he felt he wanted to be named or whether it’s Doncaster being a rent a gob time will tell. 

Huge thanks to the guy and the others for their help to the club over the years. A no brainer that he’d be an asset to the board of HMFC if he ever had the time to get involved.

30 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Here's another thought if we go to court and win our case for compensation then the lower league clubs can then pay their share with the money from James Anderson.

I was hoping there was a condition and that was 'invoice us' for testing costs only.

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Best thing that could happen is bypass the spfl and give whatever cash on offer to lower league clubs directly to them but I really hope not a single penny goes to any premiership clubs 

Give a no-strings-attached sum of money to the likes of Peterhead? I’d tow those ***** out to sea before I do that. 

10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It is important that th board and the auditors are satisfied where large external donations come from.

I'm not sure it matters whether w fanse know or the press know, especially if the person(s) concerned wishes to remain unknown.

500ClubCraig
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

You are allowed to train whilst on the furlough scheme.

I think that for professional sports people this part of the Furlough Scheme is being quoted out of context.

It is meant for the majority of workers to undertake training at home, most probably on-line.

Going to your regular place of work and undertaking activities that are normal to your employment under supervision would not qualify for Furlough.

My understanding of the scheme is that a Footballer returning to “training” will require to be removed from it. Which is great news as it will further add to the financial pressures facing clubs that done us over 😎

15 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Reconstruction was never happening. We’ve just been hoping it would. Donccaster is happy to take step back and not influence it.

5 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

It was pretty obvious from photos taken of the HMFC directors box that James was normally in a pretty prominent seat. Given his fairly low profile it wasn’t too much of an issue and everyone at HMFC kept their mouths shut. Whether he felt he wanted to be named or whether it’s Doncaster being a rent a gob time will tell. 

Huge thanks to the guy and the others for their help to the club over the years. A no brainer that he’d be an asset to the board of HMFC if he ever had the time to get involved.

Well said.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

The guy gets involved with these guys for a day and his name is all over the papers. Genuinely he’s have been better not bothering. 

im no even sure I want to avoid relegation now, I want the financial compensation more, I wasn’t to squeeze the ****ing life out of some of these clubs.  

And when we go down I want to squeeze the life from those clubs as well.. 

All out war

This is where I am. 

20 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

It's not our money being offered and it is unconditional. It's quite a stretch, then, to suggest that it is a bribe. Not that the partisan cheerleaders in the red top rags won't deliberately misconstrue it.

Between their actions, the idiots on Sportsound and some of the jumped up pricks running the lower league clubs, I'm starting to lose my belief that all clubs should be protected. Only Scottish Football could be so ****ing ungrateful as to treat monetary donations in such a sniffy manner, to ignore or reject a member club offering testing facilities and at-cost hub use etc etc.

We won't be patient forever, if they don't want to save themselves just to get "one" over on big bad Hearts, then they will reap what they sow.  

Edited by Gizmo

Can the thread title be changed to "Thank you for your support James Anderson".

However this pans out this gentleman has more than done his bit for the club.

His appreciation of the problems facing Scottish Football generally should be lauded but a kind gesture has been hijacked by bitter nasty scumbag people. 

Absolutely disgraceful.

9 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I think for fairness (a foreign word to the SPFL), the funding for testing should be given to all teams in any particular league. Otherwise you'll end up supporting some clubs at the expense of others who have been able to go it alone. So perhaps all League One and League Two, and perhaps all Championship sides. 

I think it would be pretty poor if any donation for testing ends up going to clubs who can well afford it, particularly Celtic and Rangers. 

23 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

He's not given anything yet. If I was him I wouldn't bother my arse.

If I was him I would be mighty pissed off with them all - Doncaster, the SPFL Board, the clubs and last but not least our gutter press.  I hope he pulls the plug on them. They deserve nothing but contempt.

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

It's not our money being offered and it is unconditional. It's quite a stretch, then, to suggest that it is a bribe. Not that the partisan cheerleaders in the red top rags won't deliberately misconstrue it.

Between their actions, the idiots on Sportsound and some of the jumped up pricks running the lower league clubs, I'm starting to lose my belief that all clubs should be protected. Only Scottish Football could be so ****ing ungrateful as to treat monetary donations in such a sniffy manner, to ignore or reject a member club offering testing facilitie and at-cost hub use etc etc.

We won't be patient forever. 

I know its not a bribe, you know its not a bribe, anyone with a brain knows its not a bribe... But it was a major tactical own goal for Ann Budge to publicly allow herself to be seen as the go-between in any deal.

As I keep saying who on earth is responsible for our PR, because its bloody awful.

The Old Tolbooth

Jesus wept, is there anything that this lot can actually get right? The man wished to remain anonymous and pretty much bail out the lower leagues of Scottish football, and straight away they out him against his wishes, they absolutely do not deserve any of his help, and if I was Mr Anderson, then I'd withdraw any financial help for them whatsoever. 

I'd also like to thank Mr Anderson for his financial support of Hearts over the past few years, and for his personal assurances going forward that we will be okay for the next few years also, a very kind and noble gesture. 

Expect that loud-mouthed, legend in his own mind Cosgrove to issue a full apology next week.(Not)

Thank You Mr. Anderson

Edited by Skiba
change

20 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I'd rather he poured any additional money into us tbh.

If other clubs can't survive then tough tits!

20 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Agreed.

31 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

Keep your money Mr Anderson. I'd rather watch Scottish football die a long, slow, lingering death.

It’s up to Anderson what he does with his money, and obviously he saw Budge and HMFC as a force for good, and worth putting money in to. What we would prefer is by the bye, and probably not in line with his philanthropic ways. I doubt he wants to see these small clubs suffer.

17 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No. The money could be put in and the benefactors checked out privately, without individuals having to be exposed to the public.

Class of 75
1 minute ago, Skiba said:

Expect that loud-mouthed, legend in his own mind Cosgrove to issue a full apology next week.(Not)

Unfortunately we may be waiting a long time on that. The man is Hibs class. Hopefully scuttles back under the stone he came from. 

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Don't really know what we have done to Scottish football as a whole to deserve the hatred and bitterness that seems to be flung our way. Ann Budge has went away out of the kindness of her Hearts, despite the enormous pressures already on her shoulders, and sources a lifeline for smaller clubs and all that happens is mud being thrown in our direction

Can't believe what I am reading

Jackson has been rightly pilloried by Hearts fans for the best part of 15 years, since the ‘faceless cast of thousands’ remark and his open xenophobia towards Romanov. He hates us. We hate him. He has a platform to express that hate and we don’t have a right of reply or a mass platform to get back at him.

All well and good But this latest article is nothing less than corporate sabotage, putting a substantial donation at risk or at least under critical scrutiny, possibly depriving half the clubs in the country of live saving funding and saving them going to the wall, and why ? Because we’ve hurt his feelings at some point !!! WTF is he thinking of writing this garbage and WTF are the DR thinking of printing it. What’s the outcome they are looking for here ? I can only think of one. Ensuring maximum damage is inflicted on Hearts. I’m not usually in favour of banning the press but this has crossed the line by a big margin 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Jesus wept, is there anything that this lot can actually get right? The man wished to remain anonymous and pretty much bail out the lower leagues of Scottish football, and straight away they out him against his wishes, they absolutely do not deserve any of his help, and if I was Mr Anderson, then I'd withdraw any financial help for them whatsoever. 

I'd also like to thank Mr Anderson for his financial support of Hearts over the past few years, and for his personal assurances going forward that we will be okay for the next few years also, a very kind and noble gesture. 

+1

doctor jambo
6 minutes ago, Skiba said:

hope Mr Anderson buys every Northern Soul record label in existance and torches them all outside the BBC

Ex member of the SaS

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-not-preparing-accept-relegation-lower-league-clubs-speak-out-against-ann-budges-league-reconstruction-plans-2868169

It's clear the turkeys are voting for Christmas, reading some of the comments and it's clear they can't see the wood for the trees. Been saying for a while now, get the legal thing started and feck them all.

colinmaroon
41 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

The hostility is Jackson writing like a 5 year old as usual.  Comic book stuff.

Absolutely disgraceful article.  His logic is not only illogical it stinks to high heaven.

Seriously, Hearts should register an official complaint .

22 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

It is not beyond the realms of possibility that James Anderson is actually "not" the mystery investor. Just because the ****** prints it does not make it true.

just had a word *rd out and the dictionary definition is

delay or hold back in terms of progress or development.

Big bad sweary word that is for sure. 

Yeah.

Used as a verb that's exactly how the dictionary describes it.

However, used as a noun, as you have done here, according to https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/******

"In a 2003 survey by the BBC, ****** was voted the most offensive word relating to disability..."

Offensive, dated and quite rightly removed by the filter.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )