SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

manaliveits105

I do worry that this benevolence is like contacting the local drug baron and saying I would like to donate some money to aid local drug users could you help with that ? - oh aye heres my bank details I will ensure the money is used well 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

13 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Assuming benefactors funding is only for the lower divisions. 

Premiership clubs who can't afford to pay for testing and play BCD should be expelled into the Championship where they would be entitled to assistance. 

They would then be able to play when the Championship is in a position to start. 

They could then be replaced by clubs who can afford to run their business without assistance. 

Premiership clubs will be given every opportunity to get 01 August when 1st tranche of Sky money comes in.

If they get there, tranche 1 comes in and bust a month later, hey ho.

upgotheheads

I'm thinking that Doncaster will demand to deal with the benefactor/s directly, so that they can be sure it's not a money laundering operation or some other dastardly operation. If that happened their names would be all over the Scum and the ****** within hours. AB will, of course, refuse to do that leaving Doncaster claiming that the failure of the proposal is all down to Ann Budge.

9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Why waste your sense of hearing listening to that chuntering no-mark?

True, so I can let my blood boil in this heat ! 

Maybe Anne is hoping it fails. This prospect has people looking at the SPFL board now. People will be wondering why they never reacted like this and will look at bit stupid( we knew they were anyway) This could be a means to and ends of staying up and getting rid of Doncaster. 

Back to 2005

Ann Budge has been very polite about the SPFL and Doncaster up to now. I suspect the gloves are about to come off.

Italian Lambretta
4 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Ann Budge has been very polite about the SPFL and Doncaster up to now. I suspect the gloves are about to come off.

I look forward to do the day she says he's just a ****

Tennant's  6's
40 minutes ago, parwj said:

Listen to the Chick Dung just now premier teams can’t afford testing (some of). They’re quoting using the new tv money for testing. Surely that would apply to all leagues then ?  

Do yourself a favour and give the sunday show a miss, its woeful. 

Saturdays ain't much better, with only TE talking sense, Stewart/ McCann are okay & Brian McLaughlin for his Hearts interviews/ news..

Fozzyonthefence
20 minutes ago, Rods said:

Maybe Anne is hoping it fails. This prospect has people looking at the SPFL board now. People will be wondering why they never reacted like this and will look at bit stupid( we knew they were anyway) This could be a means to and ends of staying up and getting rid of Doncaster. 

Will they?  Most just seem to slag off Hearts and AB.  Most of the clubs are apparently happy with the way he conducts business since only 13 of the clubs voted for an independent enquiry. The only way we’re getting rid of Doncaster is if we embarrass him in a court case. 

Tennant's  6's
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

No strings attached by Hearts or AB but maybe the benefactors will want to retain control in spending of the cash. 

Definitely. 

They must have some affiliation to Hearts, so surely they would make sure that this doesn't jeopardise our case going forward.

Ethan Hunt
2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

You would like to think so.

Sometimes I'm not sure AB communicates her message too well.  This is a time where more words and clarity were required and said 'no strings aligned to reconstructions or what league Hearts play in'

If its lower league only, that's a condition.

If it's testing support, that's a condition.

And as mentioned there bloody better be that it's not an income generating related bonus for Doncaster.

Can you post a link to where AB said the money was “no strings attached? I heard Brian McLaughlin and Dick Gordon saying it on Sportsound but I must have missed AB saying it.

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Under absolutely no circumstances should premier teams receive any of the funding ,

This.

Prem clubs should use their TV money to get them through until crowds are back and if there's not enough to go around they can pass their begging bowl around the OF for a handout. 

Ethan Hunt
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

A football website I read did book recommendations for lockdown. One of them was about East Stirlingshire. Bought it and honestly, if you want to understand lower league football in Scotland you should read it. A total shambles

What’s the book called?

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Can you post a link to where AB said the money was “no strings attached? I heard Brian McLaughlin and Dick Gordon saying it on Sportsound but I must have missed AB saying it.

Why ?..don't you believe her or indeed the many posters on the thread ?

Oh maybe you could simply google it to save anyone having to do any 'work' for you

Kirky Jambo
5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

That’s what I picked up too. McLaughlin kept saying she was just a “go between”. Presumably based on conversation that wasn’t part of the interview.

Its obviously not as simple as the muppets on Sportsound or Twitter (likes of McManus and Jim Spence) will think. If the money is for the lower leagues and must be used to improve the game and deal with the crisis, that’s hardly “strings attached”. But they will no doubt all come out saying “we knew it was too good to be true etc etc

Ethan Hunt
2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Oh maybe you could simply google it to save anyone having to do any 'work' for you

Did you hear her say it? I didn’t! I could google it but I don’t think even google can find things that aren’t there.

Just now, CJGJ said:

I'd have to listen to the podcast again.  Maybe the no strings narrative as to who said or asked what has been lost.

In fairness to EH reading Brian McLaughlin's BBC Scotland piece no direct 'no strings' quote from AB although it is a very shortened piece compared to the several minutes on Sportsound.

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Thinking a little bit more about this...

She said that the benefactor financial assistance was without conditions attached, for the lower divisions.

Prior to that she stated that Athe Premiership needed Hearts more than the Championship did, and The Championship needed Partick more than League 1 did. She based this on is being able to help the clubs that we share a division with. Providing funds for testing, a hub to play games, changing rooms etc.

Putting the two things together, she is saying that if Hearts are in the Premiership, we will help those teams that share the division with us. We are already offering assistance to the lower divisions by providing them with access to the philanthropy of our benefactors.

Apparently we are the ones acting in self-interest though.

3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Thinking a little bit more about this...

She said that the benefactor financial assistance was without conditions attached, for the lower divisions.

Prior to that she stated that Athe Premiership needed Hearts more than the Championship did, and The Championship needed Partick more than League 1 did. She based this on is being able to help the clubs that we share a division with. Providing funds for testing, a hub to play games, changing rooms etc.

Putting the two things together, she is saying that if Hearts are in the Premiership, we will help those teams that share the division with us. We are already offering assistance to the lower divisions by providing them with access to the philanthropy of our benefactors.

Apparently we are the ones acting in self-interest though.

The last bit would be hilarious if it wasn't so serious. 

23 minutes ago, ford donald said:

You are a idiot,thats what I think.

I think that was totally uncalled for. 

Ethan Hunt
13 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I'd have to listen to the podcast again.  Maybe the no strings narrative as to who said or asked what has been lost.

In fairness to EH reading Brian McLaughlin's BBC Scotland piece no direct 'no strings' quote from AB although it is a very shortened piece compared to the several minutes on Sportsound.

I’ll listen to the podcast again. My memory from listening to it last night was that after the interview Dick Gordon was the first to mention “no strings attached” and then Brian McLaughlin went into a bit more details about it and he also said “no strings attached”. As @everton_jambo says it was as if it McLaughlin had spoken to AB about it but it wasn’t included in the interview itself. I can’t remember hearing g her being asked if there was strings attached or saying it at any point of the interview. 

Edited by Ethan Hunt

26 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Go to the BBC website, it says there are no conditions attached to the offers.

Budge needs to convince the investors to allow her to distribute the support to the clubs.    She can't allow the SPFL to take over this process by dealing directly with the investors.    If that happens then Hearts / Budge are swiftly air-brushed out of the narrative.

Willie Miller did say something of note yesterday although not in the correct context.

'Fingers crossed' about 01 August start

And this is the SPFL strategy.

Fingers crossed the 12 Premiership teams can meet all the protocols for 01 August. 

Edited by DETTY29

Ethan Hunt

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5636897/hearts-spfl-reconstruction-proposal-in-full/amp/

Nothing about “no strings attached” in her original paper. She says we have benefactors who are helping us and we are willing to share that help.

I’ve just listened to her Sportsound interview again and as I said previously she does not say “no strings attached”. she talks about the philanthropists and that they are willing to help lower league clubs cope with the challenges. She then says she was told to put in a paper. She also doesn’t mention the amount they would offer. She says “money”. She says they would like to help Scottish football. She also does not say the “multi millions” that was banded about By the pundits after her interview.

Dick Gordon and Brian McLaughlin said “no strings attached” after the interview was finished. Ann Budge did not go into any detail of amounts or “strings” during her interview.

It’s important that we don’t lose sight of who said what. Misinformation or misquoting people is dangerous at this stage of the game as it can be used to discredit Hearts and Ann Budge.

@DETTY29 @everton_jambo

Edited by Ethan Hunt

jambopilms

Some shite club will say they can start 1 Aug when they know fine they are in trouble.

They will then go bust and we will be stuck in the championship because their league will already have started.

Ethan Hunt
12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Go to the BBC website, it says there are no conditions attached to the offers.

It wasn’t mentioned in her original paper or during her Sportsound interview.

Just now, jambopilms said:

Some shite club will say they can start 1 Aug when they know fine they are in trouble.

They will then go bust and we will be stuck in the championship because their league will already have started.

They will be advanced money on 01 August when Sky make first payment.

But it will be by skin of the teeth planning.

Walter Bishop

The negative, distasteful reaction to this unbelievable announcement from Ann Budge and offer from the benefactors in the past 24 hours has been a disgrace. I hope Ann tells them all to **** off and many of these wee clubs die, along with a couple from the Premiership. 

I’ve just listened to her Sportsound interview again

Where did you listen to it? 

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It wasn’t mentioned in her original paper or during her Sportsound interview.

It wasn't mentioned either that there WERE strings attached.

I'd guess there were many other relevant factors on this, and other matters, that may not have been mentioned.

18 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5636897/hearts-spfl-reconstruction-proposal-in-full/amp/

Nothing about “no strings attached” in her original paper. She says we have benefactors who are helping us and we are willing to share that help.

I’ve just listened to her Sportsound interview again and as I said previously she does not say “no strings attached”. she talks about the philanthropists and that they are willing to help lower league clubs cope with the challenges. She then says she was told to put in a paper. She also doesn’t mention the amount they would offer. She says “money”. She says they would like to help Scottish football. She also does not say the “multi millions” that was banded about By the pundits after her interview.

Dick Gordon and Brian McLaughlin said “no strings attached” after the interview was finished. Ann Budge did not go into any detail of amounts or “strings” during her interview.

It’s important that we don’t lose sight of who said what. Misinformation or misquoting people is dangerous at this stage of the game as it can be used to discredit Hearts and Ann Budge.

@DETTY29 @everton_jambo

Yep,

She definitely didn't say 'no strings attached' during the interview that was played although Bruan McLaughlin did appear to have more info.

It was Richard Gordon that brought up 'no strings attached'

Then initially Brian McLaughlin responded

'Yes and I understand that there are no strings attached TO HEARTS not being in (whatever league)

Sorry I missed exactly what was said because I was typing and you can't go back a few seconds.

Later on Gordon sought to clarify about no conditions on Hearts having to be in Premiership and McLaughlin pretty much responded 'NO CONDITIONS'

Edited by DETTY29

Ethan Hunt
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

It wasn't mentioned either that there WERE strings attached.

I'd guess there were many other relevant factors on this, and other matters, that may not have been mentioned.

It may week be. But literally 20 seconds after the interview was finished the words “no strings attached” were spoken by Dick Gordon. If that has subsequently become the narrative why leave it out the interview?

16 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

The negative, distasteful reaction to this unbelievable announcement from Ann Budge and offer from the benefactors in the past 24 hours has been a disgrace. I hope Ann tells them all to **** off and many of these wee clubs die, along with a couple from the Premiership. 

I'm hoping for more than a couple from SPFL tbh.

BelgeJambo

Pretty sure the phrase used by Ann was “No Conditions”

not “no strings”

Ethan Hunt
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Yep,

She definitely didn't so 'no strings attached' during the interview that was played although Bruan McLaughlin did appear to have more info.

It was Richard Gordon that brought up 'no strings attached'

Then initially Brian McLaughlin responded

'Yes and I understand that there are no strings attached TO HEARTS not being in (whatever league)

Sorry I missed exactly what was said because I was typing and you can't go back a few seconds.

Later on Gordon sought to clarify about no conditions on Hearts having to be in Premiership and McLaughlin pretty much responded 'NO CONDITIONS'

But crucially the most important person - Ann Budge - has not been heard or quoted as saying those exact words. Given Doncaster latched on to the “no strings attached” and used it in his email I would suggest it is important that that term is not attributed to AB until she herself confirms it. No strings attached may be viewed as “here’s the money, use it how you want” however, it was clear AB said to help lower leagues, therefore the Premiership gets hee haw.

It may week be. But literally 20 seconds after the interview was finished the words “no strings attached” were spoken by Dick Gordon. If that has subsequently become the narrative why leave it out the interview?

Don't ask me.  Je ne sais pas.

ford donald
1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I look forward to do the day she says he's just a ****

Behind closed doors I am sure she has called him worse.

2 hours ago, parwj said:

Listen to the Chick Dung just now premier teams can’t afford testing (some of). They’re quoting using the new tv money for testing. Surely that would apply to all leagues then ?  

Every top league club can afford testing. Just means they would have to spend less on players wages etc. Different story in lower leagues where cost of testing would swamp them. However no excuse  for the top 14/16 clubs and if they don’t want to play in August then they shouldn’t be in top league. 

Clerry Jambo

Wee loser is back......

Been v quiet on this subject on here for a while but... Philanthropists. Free money.

Face with tears of joy
With no ‘self interest’ of saving Hearts from relegation. Prepared to throw money into a black hole in a time crisis. Financial blackmail surely the last throw of the dice for Ann Budge?

Fire_At_The_Disco
1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Wee loser is back......

Been v quiet on this subject on here for a while but... Philanthropists. Free money.

Face with tears of joy
With no ‘self interest’ of saving Hearts from relegation. Prepared to throw money into a black hole in a time crisis. Financial blackmail surely the last throw of the dice for Ann Budge?

Absolutely hate this mutant bassa 

WorldChampions1902

But crucially the most important person - Ann Budge - has not been heard or quoted as saying those exact words. Given Doncaster latched on to the “no strings attached” and used it in his email I would suggest it is important that that term is not attributed to AB until she herself confirms it. No strings attached may be viewed as “here’s the money, use it how you want” however, it was clear AB said to help lower leagues, therefore the Premiership gets hee haw.

I will be raging if the benefactors now accede to any pressure from Doncaster to extend the offer of testing funding to the Premier. So I totally agree, they should get nowt.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, tcjambo said:

We haven't wasted all of it but certainly the early years of prudent spending have been replaced with a more cavlier and ambitious spending programme that backfired. The infrastructure is still there and will be the legacy for which we will thank the present regime in years to come, although I accept that is not the way people will see it in the short-medium term.

Yeah absolutely I meant that they see it that way. 

5 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Wee loser is back......

Face with tears of joy

Your giving him what he wants mate. Exposure.

2 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

He's a Hibtic shitehoose, Tambo, but not worth the hatred. The wee fecker is irrelevant. 

3 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Mind seeing that twat wearing a lilac leather coat in the 3 sisters once. Questioned his class, intellect and awareness then. Guess some things never change

18 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

There really are a lot of people who hate Ann Budge and Hearts, I don't understand it!

Edited by gator

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )