SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Just now, cameron79 said:

Not going to click on that trash but let's get this right. The offer should be unconditional UNLESS it's to the detriment of Hearts?! 

This whole fiasco has shown up the football reporters/commentators in this country for what they are. They live in their shite bubble and I hope that bubble bursts soon with us holding the pin, watching them crash and burn. 

As I understand it, it’s not really to do with hearts. The guy gifts money to hearts and he’s now going to gift money to the lower leagues. If clubs on the premiership are struggling for cash and clubs in the lower leagues are going to be gifted cash it could conceivably benefit hearts in a round about sort of way. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Seymour M Hersh

As I won't be reading either article are there any quotes from Mr Anderson? Could it be he is the go between for the actual benefactors? He'll not be short of a bob himself but his day to day job is managing the funds of both corporations and wealthy individuals is it not?

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Actually the first time I've heard that tbh. 

Quite surprised about that Seymour. I’m not even remotely itk and had never heard a name but the Baillie Gifford thing has been kicking about for years. Not sure if I heard it on here but it would definitely be on some forum or another I heard about it. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Quite surprised about that Seymour. I’m not even remotely itk and had never heard a name but the Baillie Gifford thing has been kicking about for years. Not sure if I heard it on here but it would definitely be on some forum or another I heard about it. 

The name Baillie Gifford was mentioned on here, somewhere, as recently as Saturday.

You’re right though, it’s been out there for a while now. Surprised they managed to keep it as anonymous as they did for so long, tbh.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

As I understand it, it’s not really to do with hearts. The guy gifts money to hearts and he’s now going to gift money to the lower leagues. If clubs on the premiership are struggling for cash and clubs in the lower leagues are going to be gifted cash it could conceivably benefit hearts in a round about sort of way. 

Yeah I'm talking more about the media narrative that this is all about our and only our interests. Of course playing in a league with teams that benefits us but it benefits them a whole lot more.

I'm just done with the lot of them to be honest. If Ann hadn't suggested this and someone else had, then it would be given a whole different agenda.

Daily Wrecker running a story JA is (one of )our benefactor(s).  Also running a rather hostile article wanting us n the Championship.

If Doncaster doesn't want his money I'm sure AB/FoH/HMFC could make good use of it.

Just now, cameron79 said:

Yeah I'm talking more about the media narrative that this is all about our and only our interests. Of course playing in a league with teams that benefits us but it benefits them a whole lot more.

I'm just done with the lot of them to be honest. If Ann hadn't suggested this and someone else had, then it would be given a whole different agenda.

Got you now mate 👍 completely agree as well. 

doctor jambo

Keef is maliciously trying to undermine the process. Hoping the benefactors will withdraw

Mods

Sorry.  Should have read COVID thread first.

Please merge unless you think it is worth a thread on its own.

17 minutes ago, Still Tynie said:

So what have we done to the Scottish media that makes them so bitter and twisted towards us? 

Been that way for years  - even before Vlad arrived. We are seen as probably the only club that would give the odious two a fright if we got our house in order. That worries them a lot.  Romanov called them out for what they are. Even our local paper offers us little or no support. I don’t buy newspapers these days and as a rule don’t click onto their on line stuff. I have no respect for sports journalists here and certainly trust nothing that they print.

AlimOzturk

Don't really know what we have done to Scottish football as a whole to deserve the hatred and bitterness that seems to be flung our way. Ann Budge has went away out of the kindness of her Hearts, despite the enormous pressures already on her shoulders, and sources a lifeline for smaller clubs and all that happens is mud being thrown in our direction

Can't believe what I am reading

kingantti1874

The guy gets involved with these guys for a day and his name is all over the papers. Genuinely he’s have been better not bothering. 

im no even sure I want to avoid relegation now, I want the financial compensation more, I wasn’t to squeeze the ****ing life out of some of these clubs.  

And when we go down I want to squeeze the life from those clubs as well.. 

All out war

Ex member of the SaS
23 minutes ago, cameron79 said:

Not going to click on that trash but let's get this right. The offer should be unconditional UNLESS it's to the detriment of Hearts?! 

This whole fiasco has shown up the football reporters/commentators in this country for what they are. They live in their shite bubble and I hope that bubble bursts soon with us holding the pin, watching them crash and burn. 

Can't believe I am posting this but I can see where he is coming from. Money given and Hearts get reconstruction and it looks like a bribe, if Hearts go down then it really would look unconditional. Sometimes these cretin reporters write stuff without looking at how it's worded instead of making a clear point.

Had he simple said if Hearts stay up then this would look like a bribe and therefore not unconditional. However his bile and bias won't let him make such a simple statement and he needs to fill a page so goes about reporting it in a way that simply annoys folk.

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The media will be after this guy now trying to dig up any dirt they can! Scumbags!

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

The guy gets involved with these guys for a day and his name is all over the papers. Genuinely he’s have been better not bothering. 

im no even sure I want to avoid relegation now, I want the financial compensation more, I wasn’t to squeeze the ****ing life out of some of these clubs.  

And when we go down I want to squeeze the life from those clubs as well.. 

All out war

The problem with accepting relegation is the Championship may not start at all. Therefore it would be a financial disaster to simply take what's coming and move on. Hearts have to fight this and go to court.

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The media will be after this guy now trying to dig up any dirt they can! Scumbags!

They’d better have big pockets. 😀. Aye no doubt he’ll be hounded by the Glasgow press and end up gifting money to rugby or tennis or something other than Scottish football. 

15 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Keef is maliciously trying to undermine the process. Hoping the benefactors will withdraw

I've not read any Keefs bullshit mate but it won't be long till the benefactors are linked to the rangers😄

It really does seem like Doncaster is intent on destroying Scottish Football all they care about is Celtic anyway,he's basically been sitting back watching a Tsunami arrive without a clue as to how to deal with it - then a mystery name comes along and within a day of a chat with Anne the name is out in the public domain 

4 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The problem with accepting relegation is the Championship may not start at all. Therefore it would be a financial disaster to simply take what's coming and move on. Hearts have to fight this and go to court.

We fight for what is right - nothing more nothing less. The SPFL are attempting to ruin our ability to trade as a commercial organisation because of a flawed vote  taken it’s members and against the implicate rules of the organisation. They are trying to ruin us. We have to beat them and hurt them all badly.  I honestly cannot understand why anyone who claims to be a Hearts supporter cannot understand this.

Edited by Deevers

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I don’t think he can argue with being outed - a bit of transparency around this is good.

But the record’s take on it is predictably pathetic. I genuinely hope no money is given to the rest of the league. They’ve done nothing to deserve it.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

aware of that. When the offer was made we should have been clear that it was to address some of the concerns of lower league teams regarding reconstruction and therefore 100% conditional. Or at least conditional on the championship season going ahead.

Walter Burns

It's not just Jackson who has it in for us...Bill Leckie slates us and Budge in another shit article.....ban all reporters from Tynecastle....no one likes us we dont care.....FTH....HHGH

Geoff Kilpatrick

Oh Jimmy, Jimmy! Jimmy. Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy Anderson.

Sorry, Barmy Army moment there. I ignore the noise of the R-tard. During the toilet paper rush, people still wouldn't bring themselves to wipe with that shite.

I look forward to Cosgrove denying his existence.

Italian Lambretta
10 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Guaranteed

I hope he isnt friends with Prince Andrew

Italian Lambretta
3 minutes ago, Homme said:

Another sickening article from KJ, celtics lackey. 

You've got to assume he would be kicking around in the directors lounge during the games so Liewell and other chairmen would have been introduced to him and would be aware his involvemnet with Hearts

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don’t think he can argue with being outed - a bit of transparency around this is good.

But the record’s take on it is predictably pathetic. I genuinely hope no money is given to the rest of the league. They’ve done nothing to deserve it.

I disagree. He’s been giving hearts money for ages and clearly doesn’t want the publicity. His anonymity should have been respected and it’s a shame it wasn’t. 

Edited by GinRummy

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, Walter Burns said:

It's not just Jackson who has it in for us...Bill Leckie slates us and Budge in another shit article.....ban all reporters from Tynecastle....no one likes us we dont care.....FTH....HHGH

I'll give Leckie his due. He at least is actually a St Bribery fan.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Bickfest said:

Is it possible that this has been meticulously planned? I suspect legal action is now very imminent. I repeat, I think Ann may be playing a blinder here.

In what way?  I suspected I would be angry reading Keith Jackson’s piece but he’s right.  This act of kindness cannot in any way be seen as a bribe for us to remain in the Championship.  The only way it helps us if AB has already accepted we will be playing in the Championship so it helps the other clubs fulfill their fixtures and just maybe we can get a full league season.  

Hopefully legal action follows soon but surely that will only be for compensation.  The Premiership is due to kick off in 2 months time, I’d imagine that will be way before any legal case has run its course. 

The hostility is Jackson writing like a 5 year old as usual.  Comic book stuff.

Sakes. 

If they want to remain anonymous what's the problem? Let them be. 

Edited by Sarah O

part_time_jambo
9 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

ON CALL 

Kelty Hearts and Brora Rangers could still join SPFL next season as smaller clubs could go bust

KELTY HEARTS and Brora Rangers might still realise their SPFL dream — even if reconstruction doesn’t help them get there.

SunSport understands part of the initial round of league revamping talks included the stark possibility some smaller clubs could go bust.

Kelty and Brora could join the be promoted if clubs go bust

Many sides in the lower divisions depend on attendances to cover costs, but there’s no sign of crowds being allowed into grounds any time soon.

Highland League champs Brora and Lowland League title winners Kelty have so far been blocked from promotion, despite being named as winners of their leagues.

Having the two clubs to call on to plug any gaps could become a possibility, while lower league football remains in cold storage.

They would normally have played off against each other, with the winner facing League Two’s bottom side for a place in the SPFL next season.

But with football unable to be played they were both told that wouldn’t be happening this season. The mechanics of how one would be chosen if there was only a single place wasn’t explored in the talks three weeks ago.

Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer are being relegated after finishing bottom on a points-per-game ratio.

Jambos owner Ann Budge has put together a secondary reconstruction proposal which would keep the status quo with three divisions of 14 her suggestion.

But that looks set to be booted out in the coming days as well.

If clubs go bust, won't they just be demoted to the bottom division, like Rangers were?

Geoff Kilpatrick
15 minutes ago, Deevers said:

We fight for what is right - nothing more nothing less. The SPFL are attempting to ruin our ability to trade as a commercial organisation because of a flawed vote  taken it’s members and against the implicate rules of the organisation. They are trying to ruin us. We have to beat them and hurt them all badly.  I honestly cannot understand why anyone who claims to be a Hearts supporter cannot understand this.

This. I know Budge knows this. I honestly think she is stunned that the donkeys she is up against can't see this.

Italian Lambretta

Here's another thought if we go to court and win our case for compensation then the lower league clubs can then pay their share with the money from James Anderson.

Jackson used the word investor which implies to invest in something with the intention of receiving profit or gain in return (according to the Oxford dictionary). If this, now not so mysterious benefactor, is gifting this money with no strings, then journalists have possibly  defamed his character and need to tread very carefully

9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

In what way?  I suspected I would be angry reading Keith Jackson’s piece but he’s right.  This act of kindness cannot in any way be seen as a bribe for us to remain in the Championship.  The only way it helps us if AB has already accepted we will be playing in the Championship so it helps the other clubs fulfill their fixtures and just maybe we can get a full league season.  

Hopefully legal action follows soon but surely that will only be for compensation.  The Premiership is due to kick off in 2 months time, I’d imagine that will be way before any legal case has run its course. 

In that she has done all she can to mitigate our loss (essential for compensation) and all she can to avoid the expulsion (essential for protection by interdict) and is being completely transparent (therefore no hidden agenda).  Given their subterfuge, bullying and back-door dealing, this will make the SPFL's defence extremely difficult, I think.

Edited by Bickfest

David McCaig
5 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Sakes. 

If they want to remain anonymous what's the problem? Let them be. 

If he wants to remain anonymous... the problem is that everyone now knows exactly who he is and who he represents!!

5 years providing support to Hearts and 99.999% genuinely had no idea who the mysterious benefactor was and yet within 48 hours of offering to help Scottish Football his cover is blown.

Nookie Bear
11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'll give Leckie his due. He at least is actually a St Bribery fan.

Leslie sees us as a “big” club that needs taken down. 

27 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Can't believe I am posting this but I can see where he is coming from. Money given and Hearts get reconstruction and it looks like a bribe, if Hearts go down then it really would look unconditional. Sometimes these cretin reporters write stuff without looking at how it's worded instead of making a clear point.

Had he simple said if Hearts stay up then this would look like a bribe and therefore not unconditional. However his bile and bias won't let him make such a simple statement and he needs to fill a page so goes about reporting it in a way that simply annoys folk.

I can’t believe you posted that either.

allystrachan

Deals with Budge for years & remains anonymous. Deals with the SPFL for 1 day & his name is in the papers!

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

If clubs go bust, won't they just be demoted to the bottom division, like Rangers were?

You don’t get demoted when you get liquidated, you cease trading and cease to be a league club.  That’s what happened to Rangers and then Charles Green’s Sevco applied to join the SPFL or whatever it was at the time and were admitted into the bottom tier.  What should have happened and what normally happens when a club is liquidated is that there is a vote to admit one of several applicants to fill the empty space in the bottom tier.  Sevco was treated as a special case and the governing bodies tried to shoehorn them into the top division but thankfully failed. 

Ethan Hunt
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

In what way?

This offer of philanthropy, seems to be the ultimate example from a Hearts perspective of the road to disaster being paved with good intentions.

Except we have shown inconclusively that we have the backing of a multi millionaire therefore shown legal action costs will not be a problem, and with his assistance we will survive the pandemic. We have a stronger hand.

Super_Hans

Keep your money Mr Anderson. I'd rather watch Scottish football die a long, slow, lingering death.

Nookie Bear

So when celtic agreed to defer £300k back in 2017 to “kindly” assist Motherwell and Hamilton, there were no conditions attached to that?

Yeah right 🙄

8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

This. I know Budge knows this. I honestly think she is stunned that the donkeys she is up against can't see this.

100%.  I think we can take pleasure in that fact that these Donkeys must be galled at the financial backing Hearts have.  We will be around long after others have fallen.

SM Sheffield

I’d like to be the first in this thread to say a big thank you for the investment in Hearts 👍

Edited by SM Sheffield

Geoff Kilpatrick
14 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Here's another thought if we go to court and win our case for compensation then the lower league clubs can then pay their share with the money from James Anderson.

He's not given anything yet. If I was him I wouldn't bother my arse.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )