SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

9 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

It's not our money being offered and it is unconditional. It's quite a stretch, then, to suggest that it is a bribe. Not that the partisan cheerleaders in the red top rags won't deliberately misconstrue it.

Between their actions, the idiots on Sportsound and some of the jumped up pricks running the lower league clubs, I'm starting to lose my belief that all clubs should be protected. Only Scottish Football could be so ****ing ungrateful as to treat monetary donations in such a sniffy manner, to ignore or reject a member club offering testing facilitie and at-cost hub use etc etc.

We won't be patient forever. 

This is the most pertinent point. He doesn’t belong to us, he merely saw something in the way we want to go about our business that impressed him enough to give us financial assistance. 

Jackson and Ralston should be utterly ashamed of themselves for this. They have taken something that could save the very existence of some of the clubs in this country, and turned it in to something to be used to try and force our unfair expulsion through. 

It’s absolutely beneath contempt what they have chosen to do here.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

hope Mr Anderson buys every Northern Soul record label in existance and torches them all outside the BBC

I just hope he pulls the plug on this offer. They simply do not deserve this sort of kindness.  As for us I hope the litigation is now started ASAP.

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Mods

Sorry.  Should have read COVID thread first.

Please merge unless you think it is worth a thread on its own.

Worth it's own thread.

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-not-preparing-accept-relegation-lower-league-clubs-speak-out-against-ann-budges-league-reconstruction-plans-2868169

It's clear the turkeys are voting for Christmas, reading some of the comments and it's clear they can't see the wood for the trees. Been saying for a while now, get the legal thing started and feck them all.

Evening News practically knocking one out in excitement as they went through the list of small-time idiots and their tinpot clubs. 

BelgeJambo
6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Jackson has been rightly pilloried by Hearts fans for the best part of 15 years, since the ‘faceless cast of thousands’ remark and his open xenophobia towards Romanov. He hates us. We hate him. He has a platform to express that hate and we don’t have a right of reply or a mass platform to get back at him.

All well and good But this latest article is nothing less than corporate sabotage, putting a substantial donation at risk or at least under critical scrutiny, possibly depriving half the clubs in the country of live saving funding and saving them going to the wall, and why ? Because we’ve hurt his feelings at some point !!! WTF is he thinking of writing this garbage and WTF are the DR thinking of printing it. What’s the outcome they are looking for here ? I can only think of one. Ensuring maximum damage is inflicted on Hearts. I’m not usually in favour of banning the press but this has crossed the line by a big margin 

Let him and when Scottish Football is finally buried, he will only have shinty or some other obscure sport to report on.

4-5 pages from his rag gone

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

Yeah.

Used as a verb that's exactly how the dictionary describes it.

However, used as a noun, as you have done here, according to https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/******

"In a 2003 survey by the BBC, ****** was voted the most offensive word relating to disability..."

Offensive, dated and quite rightly removed by the filter.

You would think he would have known this after pulling me up for using the word “cretin” yesterday. Ho-hum.

13 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

I think that for professional sports people this part of the Furlough Scheme is being quoted out of context.

It is meant for the majority of workers to undertake training at home, most probably on-line.

Going to your regular place of work and undertaking activities that are normal to your employment under supervision would not qualify for Furlough.

My understanding of the scheme is that a Footballer returning to “training” will require to be removed from it. Which is great news as it will further add to the financial pressures facing clubs that done us over 😎

I don't know but would think you are right. It doesn't make sense to say footballers are only "working" when on the field play in a competitive match.

Time spent preparing to play is clearly part of their employment as they can be fined etc for not doing it.

So hopefully clubs will have to stump up.

Nookie Bear

As others have said, it’s not our money being offered. 

If this guy only wanted to benefit Hearts he would publicly find out court case and throw even more money at us direct. 

5 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-not-preparing-accept-relegation-lower-league-clubs-speak-out-against-ann-budges-league-reconstruction-plans-2868169

It's clear the turkeys are voting for Christmas, reading some of the comments and it's clear they can't see the wood for the trees. Been saying for a while now, get the legal thing started and feck them all.

Nothing new there just a summary of quotes from clubs over the past few days. I'm ready for court the minute the clubs reject reconstruction. The SPFL know for sure now that we have the money to destroy them in court. Bring it on.

colinmaroon
13 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I know its not a bribe, you know its not a bribe, anyone with a brain knows its not a bribe... But it was a major tactical own goal for Ann Budge to publicly allow herself to be seen as the go-between in any deal.

As I keep saying who on earth is responsible for our PR, because its bloody awful.

Good grief!

The scumbags at the Record reveal his name and it's Anne's/Hearts fault.

Apart from anything else, anyone with half a brain can see you are 100% wrong.

40 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Spot on, bet Doncaster or one of the SPFL couldn't wait to tell the Daily Record who the person was. 

There’s direct quotes from Anderson in the papers.  Hardly a conspiracy. 

More importantly a thank you personally to you, James Anderson, for your continued no strings assistance in helping the club over the past few years,  it really is appreciated. 

Edited by Last Laff

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, rory78 said:

It really does seem like Doncaster is intent on destroying Scottish Football all they care about is Celtic anyway,he's basically been sitting back watching a Tsunami arrive without a clue as to how to deal with it - then a mystery name comes along and within a day of a chat with Anne the name is out in the public domain 

The folding of Scottish football is good for two clubs.

One of them encouraged teams to overinvest before, ended up inliquidation themselves.

You live in a high rise flat and it’s slowly filling with water from the bottom up. The people on the bottom floors have no means to escape and nothing to stop the water from drowning them. The person that lives on the 30th floor, before the flood was being evicted unfairly, knows someone who can save everyone in the building and help fund the fixing of the building. The people on the other floors say “yeah we will take the help, but only if you allow your floor to be swamp and you drown”. Welcome to Scottish football. I hope Anderson walks away from the offer, raging and annoys so decides he only wants to invest in Hearts and together him and Budge can destroy the institution. 

On a side note, now we know it is Anderson that is involved and the mystery benefactor, it kinda explains the “vanity” projects as they are often called on here (myself included). 

Anderson is tied to Scottish Opera that probably explains the Philarmonic thing at Tynecastle. A opera concert for a new stand not to bad lol.

Maybe he should spend some of his money to hire an unbiased reporter for the Glasgow Record.

That would be a real novelty

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

There’s direct quotes from Anderson in the papers.  Hardly a conspiracy. 

What do you think happened first, he contacted the Daily Record, or someone told them his name. 

Aaah well,

That's Hearts funded by money launderers theory down the plug hole  

Puns about the 3 stages of Money Laundering fully appreciated. 

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

Good grief!

The scumbags at the Record reveal his name and it's Anne's/Hearts fault.

Apart from anything else, anyone with half a brain can see you are 100% wrong.

I'm in agreement with David McCaig. I don't think Budge revealing this funding issue has helped our case in any way at all. His point about PR is valid.

This could have saved 800 pages of angst if someone with a bit of common sense (I know, I know - I keep hoping for a Euromillions win too...) had simply said "Next year we'll have leagues of 14, 10, 10, 10 - no relegation this year, 2 teams per division and Kelty and Brora up."

No vote, SPFL board decision.

Boom.

Done.

Instead of what we've actually had.

What a head-shaking shambles it's been for £74207.65 (gross, not including bonuses) of Doncaster's salary.

Captain Price

Part of me doesn’t want him to put a single penny into Scottish Football. 

jamboinglasgow
Just now, SUTOL said:

What do you think happened first, he contacted the Daily Record, or someone told them his name. 

Yup, he gets phoned up by Daily Record saying we are about to name you as the annoymous benefactor, do you have any words that you wish us to publish?

Just now, SUTOL said:

He could have told the Record to ram it.  Perhaps it was time for him to get the recognition he deserves especially if about put a significant amount of money into the Scottish game?  I don’t think it could continue to be a mystery in all honesty. 

grumpyespana

Have to agree with all you guys thank you JAMES FOR HELPING OUT GREAT CLUB but I would seriously be thinking about forgetting the offer that was put on the table for the village idiot and his cronies if I was you.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup, he gets phoned up by Daily Record saying we are about to name you as the annoymous benefactor, do you have any words that you wish us to publish?

Or he uses the opportunity to become the public figure in trying to save the game in this country? I’m pretty sure the media knew who the benefactor was already. 

Jackson :  "And that would paint an ugly picture of Scottish football being prepared to drop its knickers for the highest bidder – as well as its principles and what’s left of its sporting integrity".

I think that principle has already been well and truly established with their preferential treatment of two teams. Perhaps its a case of haggling over the price.

1 minute ago, grumpyespana said:

Have to agree with all you guys thank you JAMES FOR HELPING OUT GREAT CLUB but I would seriously be thinking about forgetting the offer that was put on the table for the village idiot and his cronies if I was you.

Why would you be seriously considering helping Scottish football survive? 

I'm beginning to think the scenario may be that;

Doncaster takes the money and then forces through reconstruction.

If he doesn't force it through then he knows the kind of financial clout  that may be bankrolling our Court Case.

Its the lesser of 2 evils for him.

Keeps us happy, nobody nosing through his dealings and our benefactor provides a lifeline for the lower division clubs.

3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Aaah well,

And no mention of side letters either - just a straight-forward philanthropic donation..

Ethan Hunt
45 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

My fear is that we have unnecessarily boxed ourselves into a corner here.

Prior to disclosing the potential philanthropic assistance to the Lower Leagues, I felt the cards were slowly falling in our favour to the extent that I fully expected the SPFL Board to use their executive powers to force through reconstruction if the plan was rejected by the clubs.

However, I now think that we have put ourselves in a position where compensation is the only show in town.   

I mentioned last week that we our PR has been appalling and we have failed to control the narrative at any point.  We have now somehow reached a stage whereby proposing a zero detriment solution to a global emergency and identifying philanthropic investment to save the lower leagues has been spun into evil Hearts are maliciously trying to bribe other clubs into undeservedly helping them avoid their cast-iron relegation from the SPL... therefore Hearts must be punished and represent all that is bad in Scottish Football.

We have multi millionaire benefactors, a multi millionaire Chairman, a 2 QC lead legal team, and a number of high profile supports in positions of influence and you don’t think we are controlling the narrative. Or could it be that there is a strategy to all this that you simply can’t see? Maybe this is a well thought out strategy designed to do a number of things, right a wrong, expose the SPFL as not fit for purpose, fully expose Doncaster et al as the incompetents they are, address the imbalance of power within Scottish football, change attitudes, save lower league clubs...........

This is Scottish football. The one way to easily control the narrative is to control the media. A large proportion of the media have already nailed their colours to the mast. They have attacked Hearts at every turn. They continue to print negative stories regardless of any of the positive work done by Ann Budge.  She is the only person to have displayed any type of leadership throughout this whole process and she has been slaughtered in the media for having “self interest”. Even some of our own ‘supporters’ have slaughtered her. We can not control that. Others have agendas, and others are exercising control.

We can only concentrate in what we can do. The decision to relegate the three teams was unfair. Most reasonable people will agree that. A flawed resolution was drawn up and a dodgy vote passed that resolution. AB led a Task Force to look at reconstruction. It was booted into touch before the submission of any paper. AB kept going. She subsequently submitted a discussion paper. The reaction to the paper has shown the vast majority of people involved in Scottish football do not recognise the extent to which this pandemic will damage Scottish football. The paper revealed there were benefactors willing to help the Scottish game and it was completely overlooked. No-one in the media (that I know of) even mentioned that part. They were all drawn in by the structure and the “it’s all about saving Hearts”. Small mindedness at a time of huge crisis. AB again reveals the benefactor help in a Sportsound interview. During that interview her demeanour is noticeably different. It’s was fighting talk. She called out the lack of leadership at the SPFL and asked why she was being left to do the work. The media picked up on the benefactor, with some immediately dismissing it as nonsense, while others called it “financial blackmail”. Small mindedness at a time of crisis. The benefactor has subsequently been named. There would appear to be a direct quote from him in an article suggesting he was happy to be named (which I think) or knew it was going to happen anyway. What will be small minded and vindictive people have to say now?

Given the above at what point have we not controlled the narrative? especially if that narrative is to ultimately lead to us to standing in a court room. You are confusing our narrative with other peoples. You are confusing their narrative for noise. Their noise is just that, noise, it changes nothing. The media are being shown up as idiots. Their agenda is being shown up for what it is, an agenda. Every time we play a card they just shout louder and louder, and the noise gets angrier and angrier, and the words become more and more malicious.

I don’t think we have lost control, far from it. Forget the noise. Enjoy the silence that will be coming.

The tone of it is as I fully expected.   That Hearts / Budge have nothing to do with this source of funding and that Hearts / Budge have attempted to create a false association with it.

All associations between this money and Budge swiftly written out.    Budge and the money sucked into the swamp... Budge ushered away in one direction... the money spirited away in another direction.    Never to be mentioned together again.

2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

What an absolute ******* that man is. A bitter *****. This is the man Ewen Cameron used to suck up to on that Real Radio Football phone in, all the time putting the boot in to Hearts as a part of that banter. 

A major player in the business world has stepped in and offered to help save Scottish football, and this complete and utter halfwit pens a story where the main objective is to try and stop Hearts from saving themselves from unfair expulsion, and to try and protect Neil Doncaster.

Let the above paragraph sink in for a few seconds. At a time when our national sport is on its knees, Ann Budge has managed to attract one of the wealthiest investors out there, and they are willing to put in cash to save an organisation that couldn’t even get another sponsorship deal with a bookmaker. An organisation headed up by a man who has consistently failed to get us a TV deal that reflects the value of the product, and who’s incompetence or corruption has led us to the brink of legal action to atop the unfair expulsion of its third biggest club... and Keith Jackson writes that pile is steaming horseshit, where he makes expelling Hearts the main priority? What the actual ****?

Scottish Football is on its knees and the ref is on about the eight count. Our governing bodies only care about a pathetic decade long procession of titles to one club, and quickly drafted a resolution to that effect, leaving three teams unfairly expelled from their divisions as a result. At a time when we were supposed to be pulling together to save all clubs and make sure none were unfairly punished by a global pandemic, the SPFL decided to throw three of its clubs in front of a bus. Meanwhile Ann Budge brings one of the biggest players in the business world to the table to try and get Scottish Football off the canvas, and Doncaster tells her to put it in writing, whilst bitter slavering arseholes like Keith Jackson twist and wriggle in an attempt to try and use it against Budge and Hearts.

This risible ***** of a man should not be allowed anywhere near Tynecastle ever again for this hatchet job. He is no friend of Hearts.

Absolutely :spoton:

Ethan Hunt
56 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

I’d like to be the first in this thread to say a big thank you for the investment in Hearts 👍

Likewise. I hope he continues to give to those he sees worthy of such generosity. A very large proportion of Scottish football have already shown themselves as unworthy.

Vindictiveness should never be rewarded.

5 minutes ago, heartened said:

Jackson :  "And that would paint an ugly picture of Scottish football being prepared to drop its knickers for the highest bidder – as well as its principles and what’s left of its sporting integrity".

I think that principle has already been well and truly established with their preferential treatment of two teams. Perhaps its a case of haggling over the price.

What like the 'sensational' TV deal? 

8 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Aaah well,

He is just Layering the foundations for Hearts survival?

I am now thinking the picture is becoming clearer. Budge et all have known about this for a few weeks and spade work has already been done by Doncaster et al on reconstruction.

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Still Tynie said:

So what have we done to the Scottish media that makes them so bitter and twisted towards us? 

It must go back to Romanov calling them monkeys and giving them monkey nuts, as a snack, when they came to Tynecastle. They seem to have missed him leaving and a more enlightened club, which has displayed great morals in not getting sponsored by booze or betting companies, unlike almost every other club and the league itself, emerging.

With every article they produce on this affair, they only convince people that Romanov, for all his faults, was absolutely correct about them. They clearly have people directly involved in Scottish football, in regular contact, to rubbish Hearts. 

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

So - Doncaster or Alloa’s very own angry, bully boy, Mike Mulraney?

For years, AB has managed to keep this guy’s identity anonymous to respect his wishes.  One day after a story comes out about him wanting to help the lower leagues and he is outed by the gutter press.  I hope he is livid about this and withdraws his offer. 

3 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

FTFY. 

Lawwell has a net worth of £83 MIllion.  Wedding Scatter money to our guy.

Heartsmad1874
11 minutes ago, Boof said:

This could have saved 800 pages of angst if someone with a bit of common sense (I know, I know - I keep hoping for a Euromillions win too...) had simply said "Next year we'll have leagues of 14, 10, 10, 10 - no relegation this year, 2 teams per division and Kelty and Brora up."

No vote, SPFL board decision.

Boom.

Done.

Instead of what we've actually had.

What a head-shaking shambles it's been for £74207.65 (gross, not including bonuses) of Doncaster's salary.

It was only about one thing and thats it, awarding Celtic the title and to hell with the other 41 members plus Kelty and Brora.

12 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

I'm in agreement with David McCaig. I don't think Budge revealing this funding issue has helped our case in any way at all. His point about PR is valid.

Our PR has been awful recently. Need to play the game a bit more.

doctor jambo
4 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

What like the 'sensational' TV deal? 

Or allowing Sevco back into the leagues?

4 minutes ago, Rods said:

He is just Layering the foundations for Hearts survival?

I am now thinking the picture is becoming clearer. Budge et all have known about this for a few weeks and spade work has already been done by Doncaster et al on reconstruction.

Seems he isn't too perturbed about the placement of his name in the public gallery.

13 minutes ago, heartened said:

That’s what they do with every tv deal FFS. 😂

5 minutes ago, Skiba said:

Lawwell has a net worth of £83 MIllion.  Wedding Scatter money to our guy.

Where do you get that figure from? 

Vlad Magic
12 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

We have multi millionaire benefactors, a multi millionaire Chairman, a 2 QC lead legal team, and a number of high profile supports in positions of influence and you don’t think we are controlling the narrative. Or could it be that there is a strategy to all this that you simply can’t see? Maybe this is a well thought out strategy designed to do a number of things, right a wrong, expose the SPFL as not fit for purpose, fully expose Doncaster et al as the incompetents they are, address the imbalance of power within Scottish football, change attitudes, save lower league clubs...........

This is Scottish football. The one way to easily control the narrative is to control the media. A large proportion of the media have already nailed their colours to the mast. They have attacked Hearts at every turn. They continue to print negative stories regardless of any of the positive work done by Ann Budge.  She is the only person to have displayed any type of leadership throughout this whole process and she has been slaughtered in the media for having “self interest”. Even some of our own ‘supporters’ have slaughtered her. We can not control that. Others have agendas, and others are exercising control.

We can only concentrate in what we can do. The decision to relegate the three teams was unfair. Most reasonable people will agree that. A flawed resolution was drawn up and a dodgy vote passed that resolution. AB led a Task Force to look at reconstruction. It was booted into touch before the submission of any paper. AB kept going. She subsequently submitted a discussion paper. The reaction to the paper has shown the vast majority of people involved in Scottish football do not recognise the extent to which this pandemic will damage Scottish football. The paper revealed there were benefactors willing to help the Scottish game and it was completely overlooked. No-one in the media (that I know of) even mentioned that part. They were all drawn in by the structure and the “it’s all about saving Hearts”. Small mindedness at a time of huge crisis. AB again reveals the benefactor help in a Sportsound interview. During that interview her demeanour is noticeably different. It’s was fighting talk. She called out the lack of leadership at the SPFL and asked why she was being left to do the work. The media picked up on the benefactor, with some immediately dismissing it as nonsense, while others called it “financial blackmail”. Small mindedness at a time of crisis. The benefactor has subsequently been named. There would appear to be a direct quote from him in an article suggesting he was happy to be named (which I think) or knew it was going to happen anyway. What will be small minded and vindictive people have to say now?

Given the above at what point have we not controlled the narrative? especially if that narrative is to ultimately lead to us to standing in a court room. You are confusing our narrative with other peoples. You are confusing their narrative for noise. Their noise is just that, noise, it changes nothing. The media are being shown up as idiots. Their agenda is being shown up for what it is, an agenda. Every time we play a card they just shout louder and louder, and the noise gets angrier and angrier, and the words become more and more malicious.

I don’t think we have lost control, far from it. Forget the noise. Enjoy the silence that will be coming.

Post of the year and won’t be beaten.

👍👍

colinmaroon

At the very least Mr Anderson should say that in the light of his name being made public, he is considering his position.

Also, it's good that he doesn't read Kickback, else he might reconsider his position in the light of some of the boomers on here.  Actually, he is almost certainly perceptive enough to see through them.

WorldChampions1902
19 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Nailed it!

I said many posts ago, “slowly, slowly catchy monkey”. That is exactly what is happening and your exhaustive summary should be compulsory reading.

Edited by WorldChampions1902

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )